Search for content in message boards

Drouin Collection unsearchable due to ongoing index reformatting.

Replies: 2

Re: Drouin Collection unsearchable due to ongoing index reformatting.

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 3:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
It's not only Quebec.

The so-called Acadian group, including New Brunswick, is also a mess. All of the records are labeled "Catholique," which they are not.

The indexed locations are not all in the drop-down menu on the search form. None of the "places of worship" are indexed, only the County seats (say, Woodstock or Fredericton) and Parishes. Woodstock, Carleton County, is not in the drop-down menu on the search form, and neither is its Kent Parish. "Carleton (County), New Brunswick, Canada" is in the dropdown list of the search form, and Carleton Comte is in the browse list, but nothing is indexed by Carleton.

The method of choosing a place is completely counter-intuitive. It should be arranged by Province, then by County, then more specifically by registration locality or parish.

Still in the Acadian group, I tried to browse "Fort Duquesne" under letter F; the spinning daisy went 'round and 'round for 30 minutes with no "place of worship or institution" appearing to click on to browse records. "Fort Duquesne" is not in a drop-down list either. I did a search with no names and "Fort Duquesne" as keyword, and got zero records. I used my keyboard backspace key to return to the search form and found that the daisy had stopped spinning, and in its place, under "Place of Worship or Institution" was a link to "1753-1756". Hunh??? This is, of course, the Fort Duquesne that became Fort Pitt (now part of Pittsburg, PA) after the French and Indian War, but it was actually considered part of **Quebec** until 1763. It was never considered to be part of "Acadia."

This is a mess.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
daciodan 22 Jun 2012 1:57AM GMT 
frostfreedet 23 Jun 2012 9:50AM GMT 
daciodan 25 Jun 2012 1:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions