Search for content in message boards

Help us assess Old Search

Replies: 5

Help us assess Old Search

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 12:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Apr 2013 12:09AM GMT
Hello 2010 Search Beta Group,

My name is Dave Menninger and I've been with Ancestry.com for about 5 years on the website product team. Right now my focus is on the Ancestry.com's search functionality. We're currently trying to understand what makes Old Search so valuable for Old Searchers. We've initially consulted several people internally who have frequent contact with our customers and we've studied a detailed report about Old Search produced by an Ancestry.com consultant and professional genealogist who is intimately familiar with Old Search and continues to value and use it.

To help us understand some of the issues we've created a script for Firefox web browsers which simulates some key aspects of Old Search (but within the New Search framework).

If you are a fan of Old Search or use it regularly, we'd like you to try out this simulator: http://www.ancestryux.net/test/osx/OldSearchSimulator.html
(Firefox is required; kindly do not post or re-distribute this link.)

Once you’ve had a chance to try the simulator, follow the link in the simulator to give feedback about the simulator and how you use Old Search.

I look forward to hearing your reactions and valuable insights.

Sincerely,
Dave Menninger
Ancestry.com Product Team
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
godavem 20 Apr 2013 6:08AM GMT 
thejerrybryan 21 Apr 2013 3:26AM GMT 
godavem 21 Apr 2013 3:52AM GMT 
thejerrybryan 22 Apr 2013 4:05AM GMT 
thejerrybryan 13 May 2013 5:34PM GMT 
Daniel Tidbal... 25 Jul 2013 8:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions