Search for content in message boards

Searching by Adjacent Counties Broken

Replies: 0

Searching by Adjacent Counties Broken

Posted: 13 May 2013 11:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
I suppose that this is a bit off topic except that it's related to New Search and except that I know of nowhere else to post it.

The ability to search by county and adjacent counties seems to be broken. At first, it looked to me like some sort of browser issue or maybe like a Java issue or something like that. But the problem occurs on several different browsers and on several different machines on which I've tested.

It used to be that when you typed in a place, there would be a dropdown box where you could choose the exact place that was closest to the one you typed - in particular, it could be a county-state combination. But now when you type in a county-state combination, the dropdown box does not appear and therefore the option to search a county and adjacent counties does not appear. The dropdown box still appears if all you type in is a state.

This error has started happening just in the last few days. I sure would love to get this feature back.

Jerry

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions