Search the Boards

Search Results for "Quigleys Corners" - 13 Messages

per page

The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by John Quigley

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Glengarry

...Patrick, my grandfather, was a couple of years old at the time, and has recorded that he was born in Quigley's Corners, Lochiel, Glengarry Township in 1872 - My great Grandfather's wife was Sarah, born in Ireland and...

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 27 Jan 2003, by  rpmbur1

There is a cemetery there at Quigley Corner. It's called Quigley Corner Cemetery. I believe it's Presbeterian. I know that someplace on the Internet I've seen a list of those burried at Quigley.

MCDONNELL, Allan of Lochiel Posted on: 16 Dec 2003, by Leigh Hay-LeBlanc

...Business Directory of 1857 lists him as a lumber merchant among other things and his postal address as Quigley's Corners. Thanks, Leigh....

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 19 Feb 2004, by  IArebmin

...book "Butternuts and Maple Sugar" by Elsie MacMillan has an extensive look at the area where Quigley's Corner is located. Very worthwhile to get a copy through interlibrary loan. Do not think a cop...

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 02 Feb 2013, by  lbrober

...many years. Her son, and my grandfather,Patrick McDonell was born in the pembina area in ND. We were at Quigley's Corners a few years ago and have pictures of the cemetery, could not find any Quigleys in that cemetery- it lo...

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 02 Feb 2013, by  gmccormi

...descent. Parents: John Angus Quigley and Mary C. McCormick (d. 23 Jan. 1874, aged 87. Owen Quigley lived at Quigley'sCorners (now known as Lochiel), Lochiel Township, GC. At this location, he opened a general store a...

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 03 Feb 2013, by  rhodawestlake...

You might already have this but there are some of your Quigley's in St. Alexander Cemetery in Lochiel. If the stone was hard to read then the dates might be wrong, so more checking is advisable. #30 - Quigley...

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 03 Feb 2013, by  rhodawestlake...

There are also about 17 entries in St. Finnan's Church records under the name Quigley (variations in some of the spelling).

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 03 Feb 2013, by  lbrober

My name is Linda and Patrick (Perry) McDonell is my grandfather. Patrick's mother is Catherine Harriet Quigley. Patrick's father is John Duncan McDonell. John and Catherine homesteaded near Provost, A...

Re: The Quigley's of Quigley's Corners Posted on: 04 Feb 2013, by  gmccormi

Hello Linda, Thank you for the reference to the McDonell family in the book "Early Furrows." I found an electronic version of the book via ourroots.ca (http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions