Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "emigrating" - 11,077 Messages

per page

Re: Surnames Engebretson, Rogness, Nelson Posted on: 25 May 2004, by PR

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Unknown

...http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f60542&variabel=0&postnr=3606&fulle=true&spraak=n Nordre Aurdal, Oppland, Norway Emigrating from the port of Oslo/Krist...

Re: Olive Chattaway [maiden name: Higgs] Posted on: 14 Aug 2002, by Dawn Edlund

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

...I'm jumping a bit to a conclusion here, but it looks as though they may have known each other prior to emigrating, but married after arrival in the US.

Henry Hudson/Naylor Posted on: 27 Jan 2001, by  ScottNaylor47

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

Henry was born in Yorkshire, England circa 1823. He was apparently brought up by a Mrs. Hudson. Before emigrating to America she told Henry that he could use the name Hudson or Naylor. Upon arriving in North Am...

Re: Cripple Creek Sheriff Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  Waidelich

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Teller

...a Anna Maria (b 1829). Maybe this is your Mary Waydelich? But I have also about 50 Waidelich persons emigrating form Germany to the USA collecting doing genealogy on the Waidelichs in Germany (I am German and l...

Re: Looking for surnames - Gamble, Belford, Cutting, Richards, Bagnell, Sproat Posted on: 23 Jan 2003, by  WDM1956

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Dufferin

...searching is Mono, Ontario, near Orangeville, where her grandfather, Samuel Montgomery settled after emigrating to Canada from Ireland in the early 1800's. Dora Jane Montgomery Cutting was married the same day ...

Giamberardino, Di Carlo, came from Frosolone, lived in Atlantic City NJ Posted on: 10 Sep 2005, by  scriverme

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Molise > Campobasso

...great-grandparents Guiseppe Giamberardino and Domenica Di Carlo came from Campobasso. They lived in Froslone before emigrating, according to Ellis Island records. He came here in December 1897 at age 42 +/- , ...

Re: myrenget, Posted on: 17 Jan 2005, by Olaf Kringhaug

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Nord-Trondelag

...Sørensen Dalen and Anna Pedersd, Sjøvoll must have married in the US. Malvik bygdebok shows Kristian emigrating in 1880 and Anna in 1882. Kristian had 7 siblings and all emigrated to the US as well. I...

Wegman from the Netherlands Posted on: 04 Sep 1999, by  MiriamKlaasse...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Marion

...Reformed], emigrated to Pella, Iowa in 1856 accompanied by his wife and three children. The reason stated for emigrating: religious freedom and economic improvement. They came form Aalsmeer in the province Noor...

Mariae Annae Geselba Posted on: 28 Mar 1999, by Larry Konrath

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Bohemia

...the same way twice. Mariae married Johann Richter in Bohemia in 1866. They had four children before emigrating to the U.S. in 1873. Three are buried somewhere in Bohemia and the fourth, Barbara, completed the v...

Emigration list from Wuerttemberg to Westprussia and the Netzegau Posted on: 20 Jan 2000, by Katrin

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Baden-Wuerttemberg > General

I have an emigration list of people emigrating from Wuerttemberg to Westprussia and the Netzegau from 1776-1786.

Re: MAGDEN Posted on: 18 May 2006, by  polypill

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Unknown

Jim, I have a lot of details on the Magden family based on Dennis Magden born in Ireland and emigrating to US. He had two boys and one girl. My ancedent was Robert, who married Rachel Pomeroy Newell, and they...

Jefferson Garth Posted on: 05 Jan 2000, by  jancell

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Boone

...Sally (Griffith) Garth. He came to Boone county, Missouri in the fall of 1836. Nine years previous to emigrating to Missouri, he married Mary Ann, daughter of Gen. Robert S. Russell. By this marriage they have ...

Re: Ausen Family Posted on: 10 Jun 2004, by  Nina_Karlsen

...other farms with the names Ausen and Langerud. In the emigration protocol for Oslo we find Langeruds emigrating from Sigdal, Modum, Eker, Tinn, Østre Toten, Sandsvær, Gjerpen. In 1881 an Ausen family ...

FamilyTreeMaker CD#354 Posted on: 31 Jan 2000, by  JeanneLinley3...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

...anyone have the FamilyTreeMaker CD#354 and be willing to look up "Marie Christinek" or any Lorf emigrating from Sachsen-Anhalt, Prussia/Germany? I'm also searching for Geimer in Detroit from 1880 on....

Re: BUKOVEC trying to find my father's family Posted on: 21 Jun 2004, by Mary

Localities > Eastern Europe > Slovenia > General

...other documents. Joseph Bukovec b. August 14, 1879 in Decina, Slovenja settled in Willard WI after emigrating to Ely Minnesota. Their farm was across the road from my Artac grandparents.

Re: Mons Krogness b. 1856 Norway Posted on: 05 Jan 2004, by  StephanieBols...

...household on a farm - little subfarms under the larger farm. Confusing? It is odd that I don't find him emigrating through Bergen on the online databases or on a list of emigrants that I have. Stephanie

SA(U)NDERS/DUFF/RITCHIE Posted on: 20 Dec 2001, by  kceast

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Livingston

...Catherines, Grantham Twp., Lincoln Co., Ontario Canada) lived in Broughton Twp., from about the age of 17, emigrating from Canada. He was one of nine children and was supposed to be the only immediate family me...

Pincemaille Posted on: 16 Nov 2000, by Tom

Localities > Western Europe > France > General

...1825. He married Cathrine (last name unknown) from Luxembourg and they lived in Mamer, Luxembourg until emigrating to the USA in the 1850's. The family sir name was 'Americanized' to Passmel. Theodore and Cathe...

Vail & FitzRandolf: Dates, Locations, Notes Posted on: 07 Jan 2001, by  philbeltz

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Clermont

Dear Mary Vail Silva; This posting fleshes out yesterday's charting, entitled, "Vail & FitzRandolf from 1620 and Rolf in 860 AD". In the upper left corner, Paul T. Millikin has a refer...

McKune (South Africa) Posted on: 06 Jan 2000, by Pat McKune

Surnames > McKune

...No.5381/1956 John Andrew McKune - Estate No.1925/1954 Both were born and married in Scotland before emigrating to South Africa. The grandfather, John Andrew McKune, was born in Dumfries, Scotland. He died on ...

Michael Golden Posted on: 31 Aug 1999, by Kate Hagan

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

...obituary or any information on my husband's great grandfather, Michael Golden, born @1796 in Ireland, emigrating to Annsville, Oneida County. He was still living at the 1875 census. Wife: Margret 1818-1878, Son...

Re: Looking for Origin Posted on: 26 Jul 2001, by  TarynMN

...brothers, sisters or parents names? I did find one that fits the approximate birthdate, Ole Forbord emigrating from Norway at age 2, who could be born about 1871. He is traveling to Eau Claire Wisconsin wit...

Re: Elliott Posted on: 16 Mar 2002, by  heburrow1

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Perth

...(1801-1879) and his wife, the former Martha Craig (born 1803) settled in a log shanty on this property after emigrating from Ireland. The 1851 census shows their family as Eliza (married John Smith); Wilbur: Fr...

Re: Mons Krogness b. 1856 Norway Posted on: 05 Jan 2004, by  StephanieBeno...

If you look at the 1900 US census, you will see that Mons and Caroline were married after emigrating since they were married 18 years as of 1900 and he emigrated 1881 and she in 1882 (though those are often inc...

Re: Obit Request Posted on: 19 Jul 2006, by  KeriTee

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Becker

...Cemetery with Donehower-Lance Funeral Home in charge. He was born July 4, 1882 at Oslo, Norway. After emigrating to Canada when 16, he farmed in North Dakota several years and finally came to Maple Grove Town...

ruttner/marek/marik/cocks/drake Posted on: 01 Feb 2003, by  iwraight1

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Ontario

My fathers family comes from czech/germany emigrating in 1946 from Germany on the S.S. Cythia. My grandfather on my mothers side originate from Middlesex, England, any connections? Please email me if any si...

McEwan in Denny, Hepburn, Bannockburn Posted on: 29 Jan 2002, by  marilyn_warbu...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Stirlingshire > General

...Africa] along with his brother William. Was it common parctice to mention in the papers if a citizen was emigrating?? It would be great to find out when these people left the area. Please can anyone help me in ...

Re: Rhako Posted on: 08 Mar 2003, by  @@staffan.sto...

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Finland > General

...same Hentrik Rahko can also be found from the Ellis Island archives. He was only 16 years of age when emigrating. Last name Rahko F...

Jean Pierre (John Peter) BEUCLER 1811-1862 Posted on: 27 Apr 2000, by Steve Hodson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Lee

...Bart, a village on the southwest outskirts of Montbéliard, Département Doubs, France. After emigrating to America circa 1830, he settled briefly at Batavia, Clermont County, Ohio, where he established...

REEDER, James Work, M.D., biography Posted on: 27 May 2002, by  Jeffrey_Elmer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Klickitat

An Illustrated History of the State Of Washington, by Rev. H.K. Hines, D.D., The Lewis Publishing Co., Chicago, IL., 1893 JAMES WORK REEDER, M.D., is one of the leading citizens of Goldendale, and o...

Wilhelmsberg (Berlin) Posted on: 14 Jan 2000, by  GZentner5073

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Berlin Stadt > General

...to Gelsenkirchen nr Essen where my mother was born 4 April, 1899, as well as other children, before emigrating to America in 1903,via Amsterdam. [4-kinder died in Germany.] **** August WASCHELEWSKI,*20.2.1867 ...

Snarvold & Brumoen Posted on: 23 May 2000, by P. Risvold

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Hedmark

...Norwegians to use what was originally their address/farm name as a surname - especially when or after emigrating. In the 1801 online census I think Snarvold might have been counted as being in 'Hoff' - so it mi...

McEwan in Denny, Hepburn, Bannockburn Posted on: 29 Jan 2002, by  marilyn_warbu...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Stirlingshire > General

...Africa] along with his brother William. Was it common parctice to mention in the papers if a citizen was emigrating?? It would be great to find out when these people left the area. Please can anyone help me in ...

Faker and Harmor families of Monroe County Posted on: 01 Aug 2002, by  JoAnnWardSnyd...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Monroe

...All of above were born in the Rochester, New York area. Two additional children died at sea on the emigrating voyage.

Schimpf's in Germany Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by  MarySRoss

Surnames > Schimpf

...Württemberg, Germany. He emigrated to America with his family in 1848. His wife was Katharine Gruber. Emigrating with him was his son Johann Friedrich Schimpf and wife, Rosina Sammet Schimpf. The church re...

Davies sister's Trumbull link? Posted on: 14 Feb 2000, by  dperryartist

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Cardiganshire > General

...Trumbull County, OH with husband and bore Charles Henry PARRY there 5/4/1880. Could we have relatives emigrating to keep together? I have no info on siblings to Rosanna DAVIES or James DAVIES. Please help if yo...

OFF TOPIC - Fleming Frew descendants traveling to the area Posted on: 07 Jul 2003, by  sheilaholm7

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Wigtownshire > General

...I've sent them an email map of the region ... Sheila GRAHAM - PICKEN line of Kilmarnock, 1798 to 1846, emigrating to NY & on to Ontario, to live & work in cooperage of GRAHAM line.

Re: WOLFER Posted on: 20 Dec 2002, by  LKMEYERS

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Monroe

...from Waldhambach, or rather her parents were. George Wolfer & Catherine Engelhard were born there, emigrating to Rochester around 1873. Your name rings a bell, in that I probably came across it in the Wald...

Re: Smalltown vs farm Posted on: 04 Jun 2004, by Taryn

...about this one. So I'll add my two bits to the discussion. It is interesting to note, that as a group emigrating to America, Scandinavian immigrants had some of the highest literacy levels compared to most oth...

Re: Lautens from norway Posted on: 09 Nov 2002, by  TarynMN

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Bergen

Lauten may be a farm name. There are Lauten farms in Akershus, Hedmark and Nord-Trøndelag according to the 1886 farm census online. Most are in Akershus and Hedmark. Which might mean an Oslo po...

Mark Family - Mariposa Twnshp Posted on: 29 Mar 2001, by  markranson1

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Victoria

...(Ontario) Townships of the province of Ontario. Here are some basic details of the original members emigrating to Canada. sons of John Mark and Elizabeth Lukey - Luxulyan, Cornwall Philip Lukey Mark 1804 - 188...

Re: Andrew Erickson Posted on: 10 Jul 2003, by  StephanieBeno...

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Bergen

...Having said that, I'll stick with Erickson and I do find a candidate for your Andrew and he can be found emigrating in 1891. http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=EMIBERG&...

Re: Looking for a map of Nyen, Hof, Hedmark, Norway Posted on: 01 Jan 2004, by Bob Nyen

Thank you for your help. My emigrating ancestors are: Name: Nyen, Martinius (my great grandfather) Ethnicity: Norway, Scand. Place of Residence: Flisa st., Norway Date of Arrival: May 09, 1922 Age on Arriv...

Re: Watson Family at Andover Posted on: 08 Dec 2004, by Missy

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Ashtabula

Well, I do have the information of dates, but not in front of me. After emigrating from the East Coast they went back in forth from Michigan and Ohio. The majority of children stayed in Ashtabula County and mar...

Ole Skorpe emigrating in 1881 Posted on: 29 Jun 2003, by Heidi

...http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=STAV&variabel=0&postnr=11198&fulle=true&spraak=e It has Ole emigrating in 1881, from the port of Stavanger. It has Ole ...

John Rauch, 1899 Biography Posted on: 06 Jan 2006, by  ddr8439

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Carroll

I translated the following biography from Der Carroll Demokrat, a German-language newspaper published in Carroll, Iowa, between about 1874 and 1920. It was originally published in a special 25th Anni...

KELLYS from Ireland to Dubuque County IA 1840-1860 Posted on: 07 Feb 1999, by Owen McMahon

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Dubuque

...Clement's Cathloic Cemetery in Bankston, IA. Don't know when or where they were married (Ireland before emigrating or US). They had 8 children all born in Dubuque County IA. First record of Anne Kelly-McMahon:...

Ezra HORTON, Bio-1880 Posted on: 24 Aug 2002, by  MayorJoe

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

...1815, and, in 1829, with their family, removed to Oswego Co., where our subject made his home till 1842; emigrating at that time to Wisconsin, he settled in the town of Oakland, Jefferson Co,. whence, in 1844, ...

Re: Looking for a map of Nyen, Hof, Hedmark, Norway Posted on: 31 Dec 2003, by Taryn

...click on Hedmark. I assume you are looking for Hof Church (kirke) so click on Hof kirke. Who was your emigrating ancestor? Perhaps we can find out which farm they took the Nyen name from that way? Ny could ...

Thomas & Margaret Evans, Llanon / Llansanffraid 1834 Posted on: 26 Jan 2005, by DScottEvans

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Cardiganshire > General

...1808/1809, Margaret was born between 1802-1807. They were married in Llansanffraid in 1834 shortly before emigrating to America. The only details I know about Thomas are that he was from "near Llan-non&q...

per page