Search the Boards

Search Results for "emigrating" - 10,711 Messages

per page

GALBAN Posted on: 06 Dec 1998, by  AndresAndrade

Localities > Caribbean > Cuba > General

...g.grandmother (Carolina Realego, m. Francisco Andrade) and family in Habana and later in Key West after emigrating during the ten year war. Matilde and Gabriel were godparents to my great aunt, Amelia Andrade, ...

Wolston Brockway descendant Posted on: 29 Oct 1998, by Nita Brockway

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Lenawee

...Erastus, Mathew M., Leo Glenn, Nita Brockway. Although several books list Watson Brockway as the first emigrating ancestor of the Brockways, this is incorrect. Wolston Brockway, son of William Brockway, was the...

Veronae/Molle'/Williams family information Posted on: 14 Nov 1998, by  matt_verona

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Blackford

...Desiree' Molle', both of which emigrated from Belgium. We do not know if they were already married before emigrating. Desiree Molle' died in a glass factory accident in the early 1890s (supposedly in Hartford ...

COSSITT, Rufus Posted on: 02 Dec 1998, by  LCrow10101

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Onondaga

Among the pioneers of Onondaga county the Cossitt family occupies a conspicuous and an honorable position. During one full century its members, inheriting the noblest characteristics of a respected an...

LUGO Posted on: 11 May 1998, by Susan Laura Lugo

Localities > Caribbean > United States Virgin Islands > St > Thomas

...meetings with Lugos there, that most of the Puerto Rican Lugo branch trace their origins back to Spain, emigrating as long ago as 500 years to San German, on the SW side of Puerto Rico. Please let me know if th...

ECKHOFF, John 1835 - Posted on: 01 Oct 1998, by W. David Samuelsen

Topics > Military > Civil War > General

...biographical notice was educated in Germany, where he remained until he was twenty-two years of age. Emigrating thence to the United States, he proceeded at once after landing to Michigan, where he settled in O...

HANNA, PURVES, ARMSTRONG, LYTLE Posted on: 30 Jul 1998, by  rjhanna

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

...family moved to Lisbon, St. Lawerence Co, NY about 1807. I have diaries telling of the Purves Family emigrating from Scotland to Ogdensburg - and of subsequent Hanna - Purves - Armstrong generations moving to M...

HOLTON Posted on: 11 Jul 1998, by  giantaku

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Washtenaw

Search for surname HOLTON ancestors by: Richard L. Holton The search for my HOLTON ancestors ends with the death of my 3rd. Great Grandfather JOHN HOLTON l, who is reported to have died in County Kild...

HOLTON Posted on: 11 Jul 1998, by Richard L. Holton

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > York

Search for surname HOLTON ancestors by: Richard L. Holton The search for my HOLTON ancestors ends with the death of my 3rd. Great Grandfather JOHN HOLTON l, who is reported to have died in County Kild...

SEAMAN, JENNING, JANNEY Posted on: 17 Jul 1998, by  @@TWilson11@r...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Wayne

...emigrated to Barry Co MI. Father was James SEAMAN Sr. who shows in 1840 Census in Savannah, Wayne Co, NY bef emigrating to Barry Co MI abt 1849. Does anyone have further info on them?

EYRE in Bucks cnty, PA Posted on: 15 Nov 1998, by  Downeast

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Bucks

...1647/49, married Ann SMITH, daughter of Francis and Ann SMITH in Devizes, Wiltshire, England before emigrating to this country, he settled first in NJ before purchasing land in what is now Bethel twp, Delware c...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > General

William Winchester, born circa 1824 Posted on: 11 May 1998, by Shelley Firth

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

...Alex Brown WInchester, born 1858 in Peterhead. The only ones I know of after 1868, is Margret and Ann emigrating to Canada about 1876. Any help greatly appreciated!!! Please reply to my e-mail address.

FORBES-TURNER Posted on: 03 Jul 1998, by Wm. L. Houle

Dear Sir: My 4th Grand Parent were James Forbes(1819-1894) and Catherine Turner(1820-1909), witch they emigrating to Unitied States then in Northern Ontario, Canada. I more information if you want, I'm happy ...

TURNER, FORBES Posted on: 06 Jul 1998, by Daniel Platt

...Alexander, William, John, and Robert. The two daughters married in Scotland and had children before emigrating to America; the whole family came over in 1870/71. Note that our data matches except that I have 18...

LOWARY/LOWERY/LOWRY Posted on: 02 Sep 1998, by James Lowary

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Cork > General

...only a family story passed down to David Lowery by his granddad. No other verification, as dates of emigrating and James birth place don't match up so this is suspect!!) SECOND GENERATION 2. James LOWARY was ...

Sisk Family History Posted on: 08 Nov 1998, by Ed Sisk

My first record is a James Patrick (Paddy) Sisk, b. -1802 in Bandon, Ireland, who after emigrating to New Brunswick, Canada married a Hannorah Murphy or Donovan, b. OCT-1809, d. 1874, who was also from Ireland.

Thomas and Michael Good Posted on: 21 Dec 1998, by Jim Good

...died in Brinny in 1839. John Good, my great great gfather married Catherine Bateman in 1830 just before emigrating to the New Bandon-Bathurst region of New Brunswick. I have a letter from Thomas to John which h...

Irons Posted on: 24 Sep 1998, by Bonnie Fredensborg

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Angus (Forfarshire) > General

...two children, Mona and Robert and lived at Monikee County Park where grandfather was caretaker before emigrating to US in 1921.

Hagerty/O'Brien Posted on: 21 Sep 1998, by Edward Hagerty

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Donegal > General

...parents Ellen Keefe/Jeremiah Burke). Dennis married a Honora O'Brien, we believe, in Ireland prior to emigrating to America, ultimately to Lewiston, ME. Dennis, Honora, his mother Mary, brothers John, Thomas, D...

HUNTER Posted on: 17 Aug 1998, by Tomaszewski

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

I'm looking for anything on HUNTER emigrating from Scotland to Warmia in Poland at about 1650-1710. Can anyone please help me in my search ? Best regards Pawel Tomaszewski Wroclaw, Poland

BAILEY/CLELAND FAMILY Posted on: 26 Sep 1998, by Joan Conboy

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

...name was Sarah (surname not known). He was known to be a member of the Orange Lodge in Ireland before emigrating to Canada as a young man. Strong Orange ties in Toronto, Ontario. Religion Methodist. Any help wi...

Fitzgerald family Posted on: 26 Dec 1998, by Bob Evers

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Dublin > General

...and Mary married Robert Sherlock, Sr. May 9, 1861. Robert and Mary were responsible for her brothers emigrating from Dublin, Ireland to Iowa. John (1816-1892) born in Dublin or County Cork came to Iowa in 1862 ...

William WOODS Posted on: 02 Dec 1998, by Suzanne Maiden

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Suffolk > General

...Suffolk England) in South Australia. Perhaps Ellen and Frederick had known each other in Suffolk prior to emigrating to Australia. Apart from that I can find nothing about the ancestors of my Frederick Lindsay ...

BELL Posted on: 15 Aug 1998, by Patricia E.(BELL) FOLKERS

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Fermanagh > General

...BELL b. ca1808 in Co.Fermanagh, emigrated to Halton Co.,Ontario,Canada probably in early 1830's. Also emigrating around same time were brother Robert b. ca1810 sisters Elizabeth b. ca 1812 and Ruth b ca1816. Th...

CRAIG, KINTER, ROBINSON Posted on: 20 May 1998, by Rob Graham

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Indiana

I have a record of a ROBERT CRAIG emigrating form Paisley. Scotland in 1801 to MERCER CENTER, Indiana County. Further records mention EAST MAHONING. Daughters have married KINTER and ROBINSON.

BALDRIGE, BALDRIDGE, HOLMES, CLARK Posted on: 12 Aug 1998, by  DavidBaldridg...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Londonderry > General

...Rebecca CLARK(b. ca 1720, Coleraine) in Coleraine in 1733, and they started their family there before also emigrating to Colonial Pennsylvania in about 1737. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

DEMPSEY, QUINN (QUIN) Posted on: 28 Aug 1998, by F. G. Dempsey

...circa 1849-50. Felix was married in Ireland to Elizabeth McAllen(McCullem?)and had a son James before emigrating. Peter married in the States. Thanks!!

McDonald Posted on: 27 Sep 1998, by  Susan14

Doing research on an old family story that has my g.g.g.grandfather, John McDonald, emigrating from Scotland to Newtown-Limavady sometime around 1800. There, he met & married an Irish woman & had at lea...

ONSLOW Posted on: 20 Jun 1998, by Bill Onslow

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Jackson

I Might be able to help with information prior to your ancestor emigrating to the States. ALL the ONSLOW's in the world are descended from one Adam de Andreslawa, a Norman knight first mentioned in the 12th. ce...

HOLTON Posted on: 16 May 1998, by  giantaku

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Meath > General

Mosman/Mossman /Stevenson Posted on: 29 Oct 1998, by  @@NUguy@Prodi...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Midlothian (Edinburgh) > General

...Stevenson West Linton PEE 1800. Twelve children born or chr. Newlands. Family lived Edinburgh before emigrating to NYC and Cincinnati OH when children adults and Barbara widowed - c. 1835-40. Shoemakers, clerks...

SKENE AND MUNRO Posted on: 02 Jul 1998, by John H. Skene

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Nairnshire > General

...John 1833. Info requested on any descendants still living in this area. Also info of Robert and William emigrating to the US. We have direct knowledge of them in Louisville, Ky in 1850. I am a direct descendant...

McCORMICK Posted on: 12 Jan 1999, by Tom Curley

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Sligo > General

...O'HARA McCORMICK from Dromard, County Sligo.Had sons: Daniel, John, Patrick, James, Robert, Peter before emigrating abt 1848.Lived in Owego, NY for a short time before moving to Susquehanna County, PA. Have exc...

SCOTT James Posted on: 17 Jan 1999, by Ian Miller

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Perthshire > General

What is name of James SCOTT'S wife? Do you have any record of Jessie SCOTT and Ann SCOTT emigrating as in my query? Also where was Margaret SCOTT born? I have several Janet SCOTT names in right period, most li...

ALEXANDER CAMERON Posted on: 10 May 1999, by PaulCameron Beals

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Perthshire > General

...profession and married Marion Cumming who came from Ayrshire. They settled in Chapelhall, Lanarkshire, before emigrating sometime between 1851 and 1859 to Stratford, County Perth, Ontario, Scotland. Anyone have...

QUIGLEY, DAVERN, Thurles > Buffalo NY Posted on: 24 Feb 1999, by Dianna Winsor

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Tipperary > General

...relatives in Buffalo -- a probable brother, Michael Quigley (b IRE ca 1817) who married Ellen BROPHY before emigrating ca 1852, and a possible sister, Ellen Quigley (b ca 1830) who married Lawrence MCLAUGHLIN i...

Gillanders Posted on: 26 Jan 1999, by Heather MacTavish

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ross & Cromarty > General

...MacMillan (born in Glenelg).They lived in Shiary which is in the parish of Glenelg and had 3 children before emigrating to Laurel,Quebec,Canada.The 3 children were Barbara who was born in 1850,Angus born in 185...

Origin of early settlers Posted on: 02 Feb 1999, by  xxkenneth839

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Northampton

...area of Northampton County originated from in Germany (State and town area)? I understand that people emigrating from Germany tended to settle in America in the same area as others from their German area of dep...

My ancestry Posted on: 05 Apr 1999, by Robert McCoy

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Tyrone > General

...Andrew,in 1835. There may have been three other children. Robert emigrated to Philadelphia in 1839, David emigrating a few years later. Andrew spent his life in Drumquin where a grandson, Ernest, is still livin...

MANSELL families of PA Posted on: 09 Feb 1999, by  johnworc

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Northumberland

MANSELL of NORTHUMBERLAND County (and of LUZERNE and LACKAWANNA Counties): I'm searching for some family connections in PA (especially Luzerne and Lackawanna): My family origins remain pretty blurre...

Seminole or Creek heritage Posted on: 28 Jan 1999, by Tracye

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Intertribal > Alabama

...info on Luvenia (abt 1888), Oscar (abt 1892-1968) or their father Frank (abt 1868) from Alabama then emigrating to Florida. Frank may have been a Mason.

My Waterford Connections Posted on: 02 May 1999, by Bob Jarvis

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Waterford > General

...in Western Bay,Nfld.in 1821 to Ann Whiteway.The Fords lived in Western Bay for 3 generations before emigrating to Boston in 1886.Other Fords emigrated to Glace Bay,Nova Scotia. My gr.gr.grandfather,John Ryan,w...

Lindsay/ Lindsey/ Beveridge - NYC Posted on: 15 Feb 1999, by Michael Wynne

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

...have come from in or around Edinburgh. They then may have lived in England for a couple of years before emigrating to New York. John's siblings were William (?), Anna (b. 1820's, Scotland), Robert (b. 1830's, E...

Geneology Posted on: 11 Mar 1999, by Jim Menteith

I'm looking for any information on my Grandfathers family prior to his emigrating to Australia in the 1890's His name Iain Edin Juan Hoyland-Menteith

COTHRAN emigrating from Scotland to S.C. Posted on: 01 Apr 1999, by Margaret Cothran

Looking for parents of my paternal grandfather, BARON COTHRAN (died in Lamar,S.C. in 1905) or his brother MALCOLM COTHRAN. Baron had 3 sons, my father, Robert Marion Cothran, Loyd Cothran, and David C...

Durian Tillema Posted on: 12 May 1999, by Maggie Musselman

Localities > Western Europe > Netherlands > General

...Huguenot ancestors who fled from France to the Netherlands and became rooted in that country before emigrating to the U.S. The ancestors in question are Matthew Durian, and his son Dirk Jan durian, who married ...

Alexander MacDonald Posted on: 06 Apr 1999, by  nina449

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Western Isles

...MacDonald. She lives in California. Alexander (mine) lived in Blues Mills, Cape Breton for a while after emigrating in 1928. Nina

Deitz Posted on: 18 May 1999, by Margaret Ringenary

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

Hello, Kim, Were your Michael and Hannah from the Fountain Springs area?? I have a Catherine Regina Deitz, married to Isadore Ste(a)bler. I have no dates for either, except the birth of their daughter...

per page