Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "emigrating" - 11,086 Messages

per page

Re: Maksmo, Finland / Viktor Åman -Form 30A – Declaration of Passenger to Canada Posted on: 04 Oct 2003, by Merja

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Finland > General

...do the translation for you ( if it is not too long! ). Many men left their families in Finland when emigrating. Some sent for them later on, some didn´t. My husbands great-grandfather emigrated alone ( if...

A.O. Spiker Posted on: 04 Jan 2000, by Linda McHone Spiker

Surnames > Spiker

...(early 1800s). One report says he was born in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean while his family was emigrating to America from Germany. Another reports says he was born in the U.S. He lived near Cairo, W.Va. an...

John Rauch, 1899 Biography Posted on: 06 Jan 2006, by  ddr8439

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Carroll

I translated the following biography from Der Carroll Demokrat, a German-language newspaper published in Carroll, Iowa, between about 1874 and 1920. It was originally published in a special 25th Anni...

Ruel O'Neel Posted on: 22 Jun 1999, by  charm328

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Fayette

...the War of 1812 and served under Gen. William Henry Harrison. They resided in Indiana until 1860, when emigrating westward they became residents of Buchanan County, Iowa, where their last days were spent, Mr. O...

Georg "George" Bierl, Sr., 1899 Biography Posted on: 02 May 2004, by  ddr8439

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Carroll

I translated the following biography from Der Carroll Demokrat, a German-language newspaper published in Carroll, Iowa, between about 1874 and 1920. It was originally published in a special 25th Anni...

REEDER, James Work, M.D., biography Posted on: 27 May 2002, by  Jeffrey_Elmer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Klickitat

An Illustrated History of the State Of Washington, by Rev. H.K. Hines, D.D., The Lewis Publishing Co., Chicago, IL., 1893 JAMES WORK REEDER, M.D., is one of the leading citizens of Goldendale, and o...

Snarvold & Brumoen Posted on: 23 May 2000, by P. Risvold

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Hedmark

...Norwegians to use what was originally their address/farm name as a surname - especially when or after emigrating. In the 1801 online census I think Snarvold might have been counted as being in 'Hoff' - so it mi...

Mette Marie Petrea Pedersen Posted on: 10 Sep 2000, by vp

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > Danish Immigrants

She was born in DK 1888 March 11. Told her family she was emigrating to USA. Never heard from her again. Any info. to solve this mystery would be helpful.

Re: Looking for surnames - Gamble, Belford, Cutting, Richards, Bagnell, Sproat Posted on: 23 Jan 2003, by  WDM1956

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Dufferin

...searching is Mono, Ontario, near Orangeville, where her grandfather, Samuel Montgomery settled after emigrating to Canada from Ireland in the early 1800's. Dora Jane Montgomery Cutting was married the same day ...

MATEY Posted on: 29 Sep 1999, by Joseph Horvath

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

...U.S. - 12803 Corbin, Detroit 25. She married - CHARLES MATEY and they had at least one child. Before emigrating she gave birth to an illegitimate daughter - ANNA ERDOS - who stayed in Hungary and married - GEO...

OFF TOPIC - Fleming Frew descendants traveling to the area Posted on: 07 Jul 2003, by  sheilaholm7

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Wigtownshire > General

...I've sent them an email map of the region ... Sheila GRAHAM - PICKEN line of Kilmarnock, 1798 to 1846, emigrating to NY & on to Ontario, to live & work in cooperage of GRAHAM line.

Re: ROSS, MASTERS Posted on: 08 Jan 2002, by  lwithington2

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Oxford

...I just know it exists! My great great grandfather, James C Ross emigrated to Embro, Ontario, before emigrating to Joliet, IL. Jane Pratt married and was left behind. The other thing I wondered, could you give m...

Re: Looking for a map of Nyen, Hof, Hedmark, Norway Posted on: 01 Jan 2004, by Bob Nyen

Thank you for your help. My emigrating ancestors are: Name: Nyen, Martinius (my great grandfather) Ethnicity: Norway, Scand. Place of Residence: Flisa st., Norway Date of Arrival: May 09, 1922 Age on Arriv...

Bradfords & Casements to Dunnville Posted on: 08 Jan 2000, by Kevin Bradford

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Haldimand

...Margaret's parentage: she was born near Glasgow, Scotland, then came to County Down, Ireland before emigrating to Canada.

Re: Looking for a map of Nyen, Hof, Hedmark, Norway Posted on: 31 Dec 2003, by Taryn

...click on Hedmark. I assume you are looking for Hof Church (kirke) so click on Hof kirke. Who was your emigrating ancestor? Perhaps we can find out which farm they took the Nyen name from that way? Ny could ...

ruttner/marek/marik/cocks/drake Posted on: 01 Feb 2003, by  iwraight1

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Ontario

My fathers family comes from czech/germany emigrating in 1946 from Germany on the S.S. Cythia. My grandfather on my mothers side originate from Middlesex, England, any connections? Please email me if any si...

Re: Mons Olsen AFSETH at Ringsaker b 1844 Posted on: 17 Apr 2004, by Taryn

...for. Online on the Digital Archives out of the University of Bergen, I find Mons, wife, and daughter emigrating from Ringsaker. http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=RINGU...

Brothers emigrating to US Posted on: 02 Jan 2000, by J Krug

Surnames > Krug

Looking for 2 brothers who emigrated to the U.S. from Perth County, Ontario, Canada in the 1860's. Heinrich Krug married to Catharina Will children: Heinrich, Conrad, Elizabeth, John Conrad Krug marri...

Cutting, George Posted on: 29 May 2001, by Crystal Cutting

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

...my grandfather. He was born in Hull, England on June 11,1887 and lived in Skipsea, England prior to emigrating to the United States in 1906. The ship that he sailed on was called the Campania and it left from L...

Burns/Fitzpatrick Families Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by  peg1002

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

I received notification of your message regarding the Burns and Fitzpatrick Families moving to VT in the 1860's. My g-g-grandparents Bernard and Mary FITZPATRICK BURNS moved from Ireland to Egremont, ...

Re: of who's family I am researching through her.Re: Any information on Marvicsin family from Serbia prior to 1915 Posted on: 06 Mar 2002, by Stephen Corson

Localities > Eastern Europe > Yugoslavia > Serbia

...when they came over, but all eight children were born here, except for two that died in infancy before emigrating here. The search goes on! Thanks again! Stephen Corson

Re: Halvorsen's in Buskerud Posted on: 26 Dec 2002, by  TommiRhoda

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Buskerud

...Gurine Halvorsen (my great-grandparents), who had six surviving children (and four who died). After emigrating in late 1880s and very early 1890s, their children's names were listed as Samuel, Lena (Oline), Mar...

Research Posted on: 01 Mar 2000, by Caroline Miller

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

I'm researching the above names.All families originated from the Cornwall area emigrating to the Moonta,Wallaroo,Kadina area.

Kunstel/Gregorvich Posted on: 06 Nov 1999, by  kunstel

Localities > Eastern Europe > Slovenia > General

Robert Kunstel (Trieste, 1874) married Mary Gregorvich in 1894 before emigrating to St. Louis. In 1903, Mary emmigrated from Sodrazica, Slovenia to St. Louis, Missouri with her two children, Rudy and Robert, Jr...

Re: Reese T Evans/Carmarthenshire 1825-1852 Posted on: 01 Feb 2003, by  AnneOT

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Carmarthenshire > General

...the mining area of Scranton then they may have first moved to Glamorganshire or Monouthshire before emigrating. That is just something to bear in mind. Most of the 1851 census for Carmarthenshire has been ind...

FALLON family Posted on: 21 Mar 2001, by  MaryFallon_R

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rensselaer

Michael (John) FALLON, b Co Roscommon, IR, 1818, m Mary Bridget BARRETT (b 1816 IR) either before or after emigrating c 1847. First child, son Michael, b 1848 MA, some later children b in Lansingburgh, Renssela...

Re: Trysil-boka Posted on: 27 Aug 2005, by Arthur Peterson

...Ebrat. He had 3 brothers and 2 sisters. The brothers emigrated separately but I cannot find the sisters emigrating. Sisters were Gjertrud Kristine born Jul 8, 1868 and Elise born Mar 22, 1871. Does your boo...

hyvonen family Posted on: 22 Apr 1999, by elayne lappi

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Finland > General

...the Kuopio area. Anna Hyvonen married Charles Lappi, they had 2 children (August and Anna) prior to emigrating to the US in 1906.

Re: ancestors who came to South Australia Posted on: 27 Jun 2004, by Kingsley Allen

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Cardiganshire > General

...family. Griffiths is a Welsh name but my mother also said, she had worked at Buckingham Palace before emigrating. When I was researching in the Mortlock library, Margaret gave as her parent, Lady Colton. Perhap...

Obituary of Thomas McCausland Posted on: 06 Jul 1999, by Linda Patterson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Carlton

...in County Tyrone, Province of Ulster, Northern Ireland, Mr. McCausland spent his boyhood days there, emigrating to the United States in 1886. He came right to Carlton, then N.P. Junction, and almost immediately...

Re: Reichert Posted on: 14 Jul 2003, by  cashguru69

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

...79 year old widow. New York, New York County, Roll 1092 Book 1, ED 237, Page 29A. Joseph is shown as emigrating in 1852 with an occupation of shoemaker. In 1880, Joseph and his wife Anna were already living ...

Gauley, Elizabeth 1857-1945 Posted on: 20 Jan 2001, by  rerogers

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Franklin

Mrs. Gauley Passed Away at Home Friday - 75 Years a Resident of This Community Mrs. Elizabeth Gauley passed away at her home in Sheffield (Franklin Co.) on Friday December 7, 1945 at the age of 88. Fu...

Lookup: Wall in Thomas Ricks company of 1863 Posted on: 17 Jul 2003, by Jerry Cowley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Utah > Counties > Cache

...I'm trying to document our William Wall family on that company for our family. I'm told there is no emigrating journal or list. I see accounts with dates varying from 1862 in some old standard biographies and ...

Re: amanda yantis Posted on: 21 Nov 2001, by  cliftonmcc1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Collin

...to guess that they may have come to Baltimore. My ancestors were early settlers in Kentucky, before emigrating first to Illinois and then to Texas. Your ancestors went to Ohio early on and some from there to ...

Looking for GLAVAC/GLAVACH family in SLOVENIA Posted on: 18 Sep 2002, by lorie

Localities > Eastern Europe > Slovenia > General

...MARIJE BLAZNIK. Their son JOZEF GLAVAC lived in TRBOVLJE, SLOVENIA with his first and second wife before emigrating to the United States in 1907. 1st wife) MARIJA CIC....2nd wife) THERESA KALIOPE... Jozef and M...

1891 Census Reading for Bradford, Yorks????? Posted on: 28 Nov 2000, by  ken_hartley

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

...Albert & family lived on Thursby Street (#13 & 15) or in that same area (59 Upper Seymour) before emigrating to Canada. BUT I have been unable to find any trace of him earlier than 1896 (ie. 1881 Census...

info sought Hyman & Rose (TALBOT) SHAPIRO c. 1850- Posted on: 08 Apr 2001, by  mindream

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

...late 1880's. Rose Shapiro nee Talbot was Married to Hyman Shapiro.They had a daughter Esther before emigrating to the U.S. Esther was at about five years older then Sarah b, Dec 1890 My grandmother was born on ...

Re: Council Hill Cemetary Questions - Kelly Posted on: 01 Oct 2005, by Helen

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Jo Daviess

...(my G-Grandmother) - - b. abt 1816, m. Thomas Murray Thomas - b. abt 1818 William - b. abt 1820 After emigrating to the US about 1850, most of them lived in or near Galena and Stockton, Jo Daviss Co, IL Hope ...

Re: Need help with Næs, Hedmark lookups Posted on: 22 Feb 2004, by Richard Thorkee

Yes, that is the family.They were in Vardal, Gjøvik before emigrating to the U.S. Aleksander Andreassen is my grandfather--Lina Daphine Olsdatter is grandmother and Agnete Nielsdatter is my great grandmoth...

Re: Hagbarth Haaversen - from Arneberg Posted on: 06 May 2002, by  TarynMN

In 1900 the family is shown living in Kristiansand, which is in the south of Norway on the coast. The father had been born in the parish of Austad. There are Austad parishes in both Aust Agder and V...

Re: Surname THOMLEY Posted on: 06 Jun 2003, by Heidi

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Bergen

These are the 48 people living at the Thomle farm and subfarms (one named Thomlelie) in Nordre Land parish, Oppland county 1900-census. From the obituaries it seems that several of the immigrants from...

Re: SEAL(or SAEL?) and norway. Posted on: 14 Mar 2002, by PR

...before - I show no record in Norway of what happened to them or what they used for last names AFTER emigrating.) But the name any emigrants were known by in their new country does not have to match any emigrati...

Re: Johannes Samuelsen Posted on: 08 Nov 2004, by Patricia Gulluscio

Thank you for the quick reply. I don't have any information on Johannes emigrating, if he ever did. His daughter Josephine Marie Johannesen is my ggreat-grandmother. She married Gustav Hakon Christophersen o...

Re: ROCCASECCA - ABBATECOLA Family Posted on: 26 Jun 2006, by Ann Tatangelo

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Lazio > Frosinone

...relatives in Italy or AMerica? You need to give her year of birth, if she married Tommaso Viola before emigrating, her father's name, if known. Did she emigrate with her parents? A Tommaso Viola from Roccase...

SOUHAN Posted on: 02 Jan 2000, by  Kdecker973

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Dublin > General

...on the surname SOUHAN. Patricularly siblings Anna and James, who supposedly lived in Dublin prior to emigrating to America. According to family stories, there were two brothers: James & ?. James settled in ...

McKay of Reay, Sutherland & Canada Posted on: 15 Jan 2001, by  SKaseberg9977

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Sutherland > General

John McKay was born at Reay, Sutherland, Scotland 1751, and trained for the ministry in Scotland before emigrating to Canada with the British Army where he served in Montreal for several years. Reportedly he se...

STORMS,Centreville Michigan Posted on: 06 Feb 1999, by  jjwaugh

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

...b. abt 1822 Germany d.1905 and Mary Storms. The family lived in Otis, LaPorte County, Indiana after emigrating from Germany. August also known as Gust, was born around 1850's or 60's and in 1905 was living in C...

Looking for relatives Posted on: 18 Mar 2000, by Carol Botten Peterson

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Buskerud

...He married Gunnild (Gunhilde?) Thompson (not sure on the last name). They apparently married before emigrating. Later, his mother and siblings came over. Don't know what happened to Knud, guessing he died since...

info sought Hyman & Rose (TALBOT) SHAPIRO c. 1850- Posted on: 08 Apr 2001, by  mindream

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

...late 1880's. Rose Shapiro nee Talbot was Married to Hyman Shapiro.They had a daughter Esther before emigrating to the U.S. Esther was at about five years older then Sarah b, Dec 1890 My grandmother was born on ...

Re: Who, what, where, when Posted on: 30 Nov 2002, by  TarynMN

Just for reference, here is the original emigrating couple from Norway, you believe they left from the port of Bergen? You wrote: Rayna Olsen & Alfred Jacobsen in Bergen ,,,leaving for usa & getting ma...

per page