Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "wuerttemberg" - 7,384 Messages

per page

Locher family of Germany Posted on: 10 Feb 2000, by Linda

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Baden-Wuerttemberg > General

Josef Locher was born 1836 in Mergentheim, Wuerttemberg, Germany. His application date was April 1857, destination N America. Index said Joseph Locher & F. He married Nov 4, 1858 in Clinton Co IL. Married Len...

Francis Anton Vogt Posted on: 18 Sep 2000, by Diane Miller

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Stark

...any info. on the VOGT family that lived in Stark Co., OH ca 1832. Francis Anton VOGT immigrated from Wuerttemberg in 1832 with his family. They worked in the stone quarries and in 1852 owned a quarry called John ...

Looking for Decendants of CONRAD DRES(S) Posted on: 01 Mar 2002, by  DougTrace

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maryland > Unknown

...Will Abstract, I, 442, GSP Copied by Doug Trace from the book, The Adolf Gerber List-Emigrants From Wuerttemberg page 49 (Note Tress Spelling in 1779!!) Then I went to "The Maryland Historical Society&quo...

Update on Gottlieb KOCH and Frank GILK / GILG Posted on: 21 Sep 2006, by  KenNeumann134

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Stearns

...made requests for help in locating my g-grandfather Gottlieb KOCH both in the 1860 census as well as in Wuerttemberg where he was born (in ca 1831 somewhere). Today I update you with the word that I believe I ha...

WOLFF Posted on: 10 Feb 2000, by Bernard W. Wolff

...According to the Michigan 1860 census, Franz Josef WOLFF, along with his wife, Johanna (nee WEBER), claimed Wuerttemberg as their origin. I have found reference that Franz and Johana Wolff, with their daughter Al...

August Heim-Berne Posted on: 11 Sep 2003, by michael heim

Localities > Western Europe > Switzerland > Cantons > Bern

...for some help in locating the family of August Heim born in Berne in 1805. He subsequently moved to Wuerttemberg Germany and ended up in Philadelphia, Pa. in 1867 till his death in abt 1885. Any help is apprecia...

Locher family of Germany Posted on: 10 Feb 2000, by Linda

Do you have a Josef or Joseph Locher in your German ancestors? He was born in Mergantheim, Wuerttemberg in 1836 and married in Clinton Co IL in 1858. He married Lenora Jane May and was a blacksmith for a Thomas P...

ALDINGER family search!!! Posted on: 16 Feb 2000, by  donnie157

I am searching for information about the ALDINGER, Hofmeister, and Seibold families from Fellbach, Baden- Wuerttemberg, Germany. I have completed a Aldinger family search and have lived in Fellbach, Germany for five mon...

Breuninger Posted on: 12 Feb 2000, by  PR310

Surnames > Breuninger

...Breuninger, born in 1873, settled in Phila, PA. I found him along with presumed family members in the Wuerttemberg Emigration Index, application date was 1884. I don't know what their destination port was only sa...

Fakler Posted on: 07 Sep 1999, by Phylis Jorgenson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Winona

Researching all Faklers from Wuerttemberg, Germany, who came to Winona, including Conrad, David, Willebold, and Meinrad Fakler, in mid 1800s. Meinrad married Catherine Ginther. David married a Cheslick. Willing t...

BACH, Mathias, family & KOCH Posted on: 29 May 2001, by  DavidNeumann9...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Stearns

...somehow connected to my g-grandfather Gottlieb KOCH, whom I am having trouble finding his birthplace in Wuerttemberg, Germany. I believe Nicholas' first wife, Elisabeth [KOCH?] b ca 1832, was Gottlieb's sister (t...

BERGT,RAUSS,STUEVE of Perry Co Posted on: 15 Sep 1999, by Linda Goodson Petersen

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Perry

...immigrated with his wife Christina Kuenzlert, dau. Adelheit age 2 and Hugo age 9mo in Sept 1852 from Wuerttemberg, Germany. We do not know where Carl & Christina died(Indiana, Ohio, MO.)nor what happened to A...

Jaiser & Rebmann Posted on: 05 May 1999, by Pauline Winter

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

Looking for the death of John Jaiser b. Oct 12, 1833, Boblingen, Wuerttemberg (Germany); m abt 1856 to Carolyn Louisa Frommer. Last record is a deed he signed in 1867.

WERNER Posted on: 31 Jul 1998, by Gary Carlson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Dane

I am trying to trace a Jacob and Marie (nie Ulrich) Werner who came to Dane county about 1850 from Wuerttemberg GE and owned 40 acres of land in Aliquot TWP (5), Dane county.

Calmbach/Kalmbach Surname Posted on: 21 Feb 2000, by  BUCKSKIN

I have found several Calmbach's marrying into lineage of my family in the Baiersbronn, Wuerttemberg area. Most of their records say they were from Besenfeld, or Gottelfingen areas. Did you know there is a town ...

Gottlieb Keller Posted on: 14 Jul 2000, by Judy Kellar Fox

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Clinton

Gottlieb Keller came to the U.S. from Wuerttemberg with his parents and siblings in 1846. The family was in Centre Co. in 1850, then Gottlieb seems to have stayed in Clinton County, while the rest of the family s...

Christina (KREBS) SCHMIDT (1839-1917) -obit Posted on: 10 Dec 2001, by T. Zeidler

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Wyandot

...Christina Krebs, was the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Gottlieb Krebs, and was born in Elhofen, Wuerttemberg, Germany, June 2, 1839, being aged 77 years, 7 months, and 3 days. She came to this country with h...

Gottlieb Keller Posted on: 14 Jul 2000, by Judy Kellar Fox

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Clinton

Gottlieb Keller came to the U.S. from Wuerttemberg with his parents and siblings in 1846. The family was in Centre County in 1850, then seems to have left Gottlieb in Clinton Co. The rest of the family settled in...

Ehret Posted on: 14 Feb 2000, by Sky

Could that be him?.... THE WUERTTEMBERG EMIGRATION INDEX: Volume Four ABBREVIATIONS OF OBERAEMTER=DISTRICT TOWNS Name: Ehret, Johann Michael K. Birth Date: 22 Nov 1840 Birth Place: Weil im Dorf District: Loen. ...

Hillers in Poland Posted on: 27 Feb 2002, by  rebecca4114

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

Johann HILLER, b 1762 in Wuerttemberg, Germany moved to Poland prior to 1796. His daughter, Justine, who was born in Poland abt 1800 married Peter Hiller (father unknown), who was born in Poland in 1785 and died...

Bauer, Lutz, etc. Posted on: 23 Aug 1999, by  GretchenLeise...

...because I had found a Charles Bauer family in the 1870 census of Stearns County, MN. Charles was from Wuerttemberg, Germany, and his wife, Maria was from Luxembourg. It is Maria's family name that I am interested...

Dudichum Clan Posted on: 21 Feb 2000, by Vernie Shiposh Noecker

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Sullivan

...You list Rozena Caroline Dudicum's birth date as 3-4-1825, Wurtemberg. What was your source ? On the Wuerttemberg Emigration Index, her birth date is given as 10-3-1823, place Murrhart in the Bachnang District o...

Bauer Origins Posted on: 23 Aug 1999, by  GretchenLeise...

...was listed in the 1870 census for Stearns County, Minn. He was 45 years of age, and originally from Wuerttemberg, Germany. His wife was named Maria, age 40, and from Luxembourg. Charles and Maria Bauer have prove...

Matthaeus and Rebecca Livensberger Glass Posted on: 14 Jul 2002, by Layne Powell

...1870 census for Stark County with 2 children, Harry and Letty and a Louisa who is 68 (about) and from Wuerttemberg, Germany. Matthaeus was born in Wuerttemberg, Germany in 1842 and came with is family to America in 1852. Y...

Rottler - Schneggenburger Posted on: 20 Feb 2000, by Dorothy Hunter

...b. ca 1720-20. Do you know the name of your ancestor Scneggenburgers?? The Kirchen buch zu Oelbronn [Wuerttemberg] Births, Deaths, Marriages and Christenings [also other church listings] is available thru the LDS...

NY Tiers Posted on: 20 Feb 2000, by John H.

Surnames > Tier

...father, was the son of Jean Henri Tier and Catherine Chappelle who came from Schoenenberg, Maulbronn, Wuerttemberg, Germany on the ship Patience in 1751 (2) Magdaleine, daughter of Daniel Tier and Susanne Balme w...

Rachel Grey Fulmer Posted on: 10 Feb 2000, by R Fulmer

Surnames > Fulmer

...Eberhard Ludwig Vollmer (Fulmer, Follmer, Folmar) arrived in America 1752(South Carolina) from Unterhausen, Wuerttemberg. Family descends from Simplicius Volmar(1530-1572) Bailiff of Urach (now Bad Urach) in Wuerttemberg, Ge...

Evangelisch, Waldhausen Welzheim, Jagstkreis, Wuerttemberg Posted on: 22 Feb 2000, by  kesslori

Surnames > Ostertag

...married to Christian Gottlob Belz on June 24, 1861 at Evangelisch, Waldhausen Welzheim, Jagstkreis, Wuerttemberg. Christian father was Gottlieb Belz. If you know of any Ostertag's who were from here in Germany le...

Help locating info on Sebastian Heckle Posted on: 17 Feb 2000, by C. Sellery

...1872 and in his immigration papers indicated he was previously subject to the rule of the "King of Wuerttemberg". I am hoping this indicates he was born in this area of Germany. His parents names were A...

Schaible Family Search Posted on: 09 Jul 2000, by  LHuffman0212

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Trumbull

...FRIEDRICK SCHAIBLE (JOHANN MICHAEL2 SCHAIBLIN, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 9/19/1820 in Gaugenwald, Clw Oa, Wuerttemberg, and died 11/8/1904. He married JULIANA KIRN 5/1/1854 in Zwerenberg, Calw Oa, Wuerttemberg, daughter of JOH...

Theurer Family tree Posted on: 12 Feb 2000, by Walter Jacob Theurer

Surnames > Theurer

...? THEURER and CATHERINE ? are: i. ?3 THEURER. 4. ii. JACOB THEURER, b. 1861, Black Forest, Germany Wuerttemberg; d. 1935, Johnstown, NY. iii. TANTA FANNY THEURER, b. 1868; d. 1956. 3. MARGARET2 THEURER (11) wa...

Search in Rottenberg, Wuerttemberg Posted on: 17 Feb 2000, by  TheresaHelber...

Adolph Bengele immergrated from Rottenberg, Wuerttemberg in July 1868. Married to Johana Keinz, unknown if married before immergrated. Would like to hear from other Bengele's. Where is Rottenberg?

MENG Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by  timothymeng

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Doniphan

...family and brother, Johan Christian MENG and family came to Doniphan County, KS in 1860 from Roetenbach, Wuerttemberg with a sister, Christina(Mrs. Gottfried GUMMIG). The previous year,1859, Christian's son, Andr...

Louis COOK or KOCH of Boston- obituary 1901 Posted on: 10 Oct 2006, by Ken Neumann

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Suffolk

...database) I am hoping Louis is a brother to my great-grandfather Gottlieb Koch b ca 1831 also in Wuerttemberg (Gottlieb also claims a Michael and Sophie KOCH were his parents). K...

Re: Family in Stark County OH- MYERS Posted on: 09 Jan 2006, by  BeckiBlair

...Riverside Cemetery, Mifflin Township, Franklin County, Ohio. ... +Jacob Martin MAYER Born: June 6, 1815 in Wuerttemberg (Germany) Died: May 9, 1873 in Franklin County, Ohio? Place of burial: Riverside Cemetery...

Philip Meiss and Anna Barbara Ohrendorf Posted on: 03 Jan 2006, by  gaftech

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Lebanon

...Baden-Wurtemberg,Germany; d. 28 May 1801 in Bethel Twp, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. Philip Miess, b. 1712 in Wuerttemberg, Prussia; d. 20 Sept. 1760 in Lebanon Co., Pennsylvania. Anna Barbara Ohrendorf, b. Ju...

Re: Jacob Roos/Rose Posted on: 21 Oct 2002, by  nancih

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Bergen

I have been researching Jacob Friedrich Roos/Rose who was b. 26 Jun 1804 in Wuerttemberg and d. 7 Mar 1878 in Erie Co., PA. If you would like more information on this Jacob Roos and family, please contact me.

Searching for birth parents-Jutta Sobieski & Robert Davis- Germany Posted on: 08 Feb 2004, by  leznmike

Topics > Adoptions > Adoption Queries

...at Stuttgart Son - Philip - was born 22 Dec 1959 in Eslingen We know Jutta was living in Heilbronn (Wuerttemberg) and Robert was stationed at Stuttgart. Any help to lead us in the right direction will be great...

Lorenz Mueller of Lauffen Germany and descendants Posted on: 03 Jan 2001, by  RoseSchiller1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Jefferson

...(Müller): geb. 8. September 1818 in Lauffen (Deisslingen), Oberamt Rottweil, Schwarzwaldkreis, Wuerttemberg; He was an innkeeper and a baker at his home-village of Lauffen; catholic; He was a brother of my ...

Emigration from Wuerttemberg to Westprussia and the Netzegau Posted on: 14 Jan 2000, by Kati

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Wielkopolski

I have a list with persons, who emigrated from Wuerttemberg to Westprussia and the Netzegau.from 1776-1786.

Zimmerman>Bolheim>Herbrectingen>USA Posted on: 15 Feb 2000, by  Gustafson2479

Surnames listed above are allied with my ZIMMERMAN family from Herbrechtingen & Bolheim, Germany: Christian ZIMMERMAN b. abt 1600 Bolheim, d. bef.1663 Bolheim. m. abt 1630, to unknown: Issue of C...

unknown polish province or town Posted on: 09 Sep 1999, by Phil Schlener

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

I am researching the Schlener family. John & Bertha (Sproesser) Schlener left Winnenden, Wuerttemberg, Germany in 1855, opened a bakery in Philadelphia but left there in 1856 for Minneapolis.

Parents of Christian August Scholderer Posted on: 15 Feb 2000, by Kevin L. Sholder

...(?), it also states that they were both born and living in Dagerloch, district of Stuttgart, Kingdom of Wuerttemberg, Germany before they left. His parents are Johann Jacob Scholderer and Christina Margareta Kais...

Wuerttemberg Wolff Posted on: 15 Feb 2000, by Bernard W. Wolff

Thanks for the response. I see no particular reason to exclude (or include) Melchior WOLFF from my ancestral line at this time. There is a potential generation or two separating Melchior WOLFF from Fr...

Re: Mutschelknaus Posted on: 24 Nov 2004, by Kathy Hines

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Mason

Mutschelknaus, Johannes b. 25 Apr 1835 birthplace: Grossaspach Wuerttemberg, Germany Emigration Index Vol. 2. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1986. pg. 142 Application Date Destination Number Jun ...

Theodore Frick Family Posted on: 10 Apr 2003, by  siegbertf

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

Hello,I search the descandants of Theodore Frick,born September 1830 in Boeblingen,Wuerttemberg,Germany. He emigrated to Virginia,Henrico Co. between 1850 and 1860.All help were appreciated. Siegbert

search familiy roots Posted on: 18 Oct 1998, by Gerd Meckes

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Latvia > General

...there, Any idea of if stil descendants of MECKES-family are in Latvia. Maybe roots are old via Hanze or wuerttemberg pioneers? Please submit any information available. Gerd Meckes Jasker 21 8608 VW Sneek The Net...

John HOLDERREED circa 1840 from Ohio Posted on: 12 Jun 2001, by  TomHolderread

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Putnam

...Ultimately, I seek a tie-in to my great-great grandfather, Frederick HOLDRIED born March 8, 1807 in Wuerttemberg, Germany who married Rosa Ann BOWERS, born 05-Nov-1808. Frederick died 8 Oct, 1872 and (Roseanna) 2...

Lorenz Mueller (Miller, Muller) from Lauffen - descendants Posted on: 03 Jan 2001, by  RoseSchiller1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Erie

...(Müller): geb. 8. September 1818 in Lauffen (Deisslingen), Oberamt Rottweil, Schwarzwaldkreis, Wuerttemberg; He was an innkeeper and a baker at his home-village of Lauffen. catholic; He is a brother of my g...

Georg Caspar Kohr and Anna Barbara Ohrendorf Posted on: 03 Jan 2006, by  gaftech

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Dauphin

...Baden-Wurtemberg,Germany; d. 28 May 1801 in Bethel Twp, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. Philip Miess, b. 1712 in Wuerttemberg, Prussia; d. 20 Sept. 1760 in Lebanon Co., Pennsylvania. Anna Barbara Ohrendorf, b. Ju...

per page