Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "jonas" - 29,256 Messages

per page

Garlock Posted on: 25 Jan 2001, by Richard Williams

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Allegan

I have Jacob Garlock b. 1821. married a Betsy ?. children George b. 1847, Margaret b. 1851, Jonas b. 1853, Frank b.1855, Ada b. 1862, Fred b. 1858, Esther b. 1860. Margaret married Alexander Hocum abt 1870...

Re: searching for any members of the Hotkewicz Family Posted on: 18 Feb 2012, by  LithuanianGen...

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Lithuania > General

Here is the 1930 U.S. Census for the family: The following is an obituary for the likely wife of Joseph Hotkewicz, son of John and Jadvyga (Hedwig). It names other relatives and descendants of John...

Re: 1905 Swedish translation needed please Posted on: 19 Feb 2012, by  bohjohan

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Sweden > General

OK, at Suletorp soldier cottage I see soldier Jonas Flyberg born 1742 with wife Sara Håkansdotter born 1735, GID 444.5.46800, [Kronoberg] Älghult, AI.3, Household examination, 1781-1794, page 527...

Re: Jonas - gggg grandfather! Posted on: 27 Feb 2012, by  stan_heller1

Surnames > Warren

Found some IOU notes to Jonas Warren about 1850, and thinking this was Jonas Warren born in 1791. Looks like he may have been connected to an Atkins and Steadman Importing business? Let me know if you would be ...

Minden, Florida & Palatine twps. Posted on: 20 Feb 1999, by Sharon

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Montgomery

...following families: Listed on the 1830 Montgomery Census: Florida twp: FULLER, Amos FULLER, Andrew FULLER, Jonas Palatine twp: FULLER, Alva FULLER, David W. FULLER, Henry Minden Twp: FULLER, Abraham FUL...

...more Hines connections Posted on: 12 Apr 1999, by  EdtheManVA

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Adams

...m. Elijah Walters(son of Abraham & Elizabeth Walters) born ac. 1841 in PA Virginia E. Hines m. Jonas Yerian/ Jonathan Hart Lucinda E. Hines m. John K. Need(born ca. 1843 s/o Solomon Need)

Joseph Foshar Posted on: 13 Jan 2012, by  Yakumo1107

Surnames > Forget

If you are stubborn enough you can find more data. I found an excerpt from a book linked to Google: http://books.google.com/books?id=_hbiAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA1122&lpg=PA1122&dq The book is: A...

Re: Mechaniscburg Journal on microfilm? Posted on: 18 Jan 2012, by  dkohlerx2_1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Cumberland

...census material: Series: M432 Roll: 524 Page: 52 1850 - Nunda, Livingston Co., NY - 10/15/1850 Baker, Jonas - 34 - m - carriages - $1,200 - PA -- Rhoda A. - 27 - f - NY -- Mary E. - 4 - NY -- Byron A. -...

Re: San Francisco CARO Family Posted on: 01 Mar 2012, by  oldtown11

Surnames > Caro

What are the siblings names that you are looking for? I had a great-grandfather Jonas Caro who lived temporarily in San Fransisco (I think) with his sister before moving with his brother to Montreal in ab...

Re: Salomonsson Family Posted on: 30 Apr 2012, by  connieols

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Sweden > Counties > Jämtland

...a website given to me in one of the previous notes, I did see Paulus Salomonson as Jonas's brother. Jonas Salomonson is my great great grandfather,his son Jonas Johnson was my great grandfather. Thus Brita Pa...

Re: Walter-Jonas Powers and Jerusha Harmon Posted on: 16 Feb 2012, by  ElliottGrayso...

Surnames > Powers

...record we'd love to have, as well as any information that would prove Eunice was descended from the Jonas Powers and Jerusha Harmon of VT. CuzMo

Re: Did Otto Andersson kill someone? Posted on: 15 Mar 2012, by  JOBaouab

...more details. (Otto is part of a family which seems to always be in trouble. His mother's stepfather Jonas Nilsson and Jonas Nilsson's half brother Erik Nilsson,and Ottos mormor Cherstin Larsdotter all had cour...

Re: Jonasson, Jonas GID 100008.6.49400 Posted on: 28 Mar 2012, by  JOBaouab

# 60 Jonas died 22 October and was buried 27 October 1861 in Mörlunda parish. The torpare Jonas Jaensson in Stora Ekeberg under (on the property of) Turlunda Number 3. 53 years old married (gift) cau...

Re: looking for relatives Posted on: 24 Apr 2012, by  JOBaouab

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Sweden > Counties > Kronoberg

...Lars Peter 1852 Father Jonasdotter, Stina Kajsa 1844 Mother Davidsson, Johan Fredrik 1876 Child (Barn), Jonas Gustaf 1882 Child (Barn), Jenny Emilia 1885 Child (Barn), Otto Ferdinand 1887 Child Record 489...

Jonas Little Posted on: 27 Jan 2001, by  DonnaLittle

Surnames > Little

I'm sorry I'm so long in answering I willl be happy to share information on Jonas Little and Jonas Little. send me your EMail address and I will share what I have on the Little family. Donna Little

Re: Catherine Olsen Condreay Posted on: 08 Jan 2012, by  rapb329

Surnames > Condra

...her was granted Sept 10, 1846 and ship arrived in NY March 20, 1847. Karin had 4 siblings: Per Olof, Jonas, Margta all with last names of Olsson/Olsdotter. Per, her brother, was my great grandfather. She m...

Re: Seth Hopkins Posted on: 26 Jan 2012, by  nipasyque

Surnames > Hopkins

...listed 6 children for Seth and Elizabeth. They are as follows: Lydia Ann, Stephen Allen, Edith, William, Jonas and Linna Leota.I have the names of most of the spouses of these children and some of the name...

Re: Benz - Cincinnati, from Wiesloch, Baden, Germany Posted on: 03 Apr 2012, by  inselpfarrer

Surnames > Benz

Is it Ignaz BENZ, citizen of Wiesloch, dayworker, r.cath., *31. Jan. 1817 Wiesloch oo Angelika JONAS *24. Aug. 1820 Wiesloch child: Kunigunde *15. Nov. 1845 Wiesloch [ Ortsfamilienbuch Wiesloch, # 386] h...

Re: Theodore & Katherine (Zeiher) REIS - Census Posted on: 20 Apr 2012, by  pmeyer1651

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Hamilton

...they divorced and he married his girlfriend Anne Miller.He died in Goshen OH in 1969. Elinore married Jonas Tilden Sparks in Covington Ky 12/23/1944.They had 2 children Phyllis Jean 12/23/1948 & Carol ...

Re: UNDERHILL's IN DEVON 1625 - NOW Posted on: 27 Apr 2012, by  alvadoreor

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Devon > General

Would you happen to have any information of Susanna Underhill b: 1726........somewhere in Devon? I believe she married Jonas Squire.

Re: Harman - Randolph County - West Virginia Posted on: 29 Apr 2012, by  M Giggard

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Randolph

...WV Found using search feature on Ancestry . Com Asa Harman 50 Elizabeth Harman 50 Ted M Harman 26 Jonas A Harman 23 Kermit R Harman 19 Mary T Harman 18 Ova A Harman 13 Hisel M Harman 10 Josie T Ha...

Hacketts from Maryland Posted on: 21 Jan 2001, by Cathy

Surnames > Hackett

...to have been born in Maryland about 1795. His name was Tilghman or Tillman Hackett. My g-grandfather Jonas was born in Maryland in 1822. Tillman served in the war of 1812 and married Catherine Rebecca Walk...

Lena Samantha Beasley b. 1894 Coffee County Alabama Posted on: 22 Mar 2012, by  atacree

Surnames > Beasly

...transcripts indicate that she married G.D. Seagers in 1918 (31 May). There is a George D. Segars son of Jonas J. Segars and Margeret Segars. Does anyone know if the G.D. Seagers that married Lena Beasley i...

Death Record Book 1957-1998 Posted on: 19 May 2012, by  Wsvls

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Holmes

I have a paperback book called Death Record Book 1957-1998, Holmes County Vicinity , Author is Jonas J. Yoder, Most of the entries are Death date and Age only, I Will do Lookups .

BEYER, John, d. abt 1783 Posted on: 08 Jan 2012, by  Dalice

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > EasternPa

...Catharina, and Elisabeth. Eldest son John to have L2 before division. Executors - Friends Johannes Meyer and Jonas Eckert Witnesses - Joseph Mauns and Peter Beyer

Catherine Walsh/b. 1813/County Mayo Posted on: 18 Mar 2012, by  patriciarohn

Surnames > Walsh

...abt. 1813 and believe she may have been born in County Mayo. Her death certificate listed her father as Jonas Walsh. Catherine married Patrick Cone and had 5 children: Thomas b. 1841, Catherine B. 1845, A...

Jonas Arthur Metcalf and Luella L Wisner Posted on: 28 Apr 2012, by  markdarrinmar...

Surnames > Metcalf

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. Jonas and Luella are my G-G-Grandparents on my mother's side. They were both born in Ellington, Tuscola MI (Jonas in 1873 and Luella in 1874). They got married...

Re: Malden surname Posted on: 01 Jun 2012, by  GraceMoodyStu...

Surnames > Malden

...have had a few strange Malden coincidences recently. One is a good friend of mine from Cambridge, David Jonas, is a direct descendant of Mary...someone who married was it John Malden in the late 19th early...

Jonas Little Posted on: 27 Jan 2001, by  DonnaLittle

Surnames > Little

I'm sorry I'm so long in answering I willl be happy to share information on Jonas Little and Jonas Little. send me your EMail address and I will share what I have on the Little family. Donna Little

Re: Edora, not Edward Posted on: 02 Jun 2012, by  PatrickWSmith

Surnames > Pelroy

I'm not related but I'm researching the Warren's for a friend. Matilda Pelroy married Jonas Warren 13 Jun 1899 Akron, Plymouth, Iowa. Edith Pelroy married George Warren 22 Oct 1901 Adaville, Plymouth, Io...

Re: HUGHES/HUGHS FAMILIES BURKE COUNTY Posted on: 01 Apr 2012, by  herivdm01

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Burke

...Mary Susan Johnson was my grandmother. I would be very interested in knowing about this bond that has Jonas Letterman and John Hughes signatures re the marriage of Jonas and Alphedus. Any way to scan that or ...

Re: Jonas Ackroyd Posted on: 19 Apr 2012, by  JennyCrutchle...

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Tasmania > General

Hi David! I am also a descendant of Jonas and have just started my research on him...my line (on my mothers side)comes from Robinsons son Alfred bn 1860. A very interesting history! I am an ex Police Offic...

Seslar Family from Greene County, OH (& Paulding County) Posted on: 02 Jan 2012, by  Rebekah Carli...

Surnames > Sesler

I am descended from Jonas Seslar, s/o Wm. Seslar & Caroline Chaney, & Elizabeth Mary (or Mary Elizabeth) "Lizzie" Miller, d/o Milton Miller & Louise (or Louisa) Thompson. Jonas & Lizz...

Re: Kanne-Marzahn-Minske Posted on: 24 Feb 2012, by  CAMILLAFLOWER

Surnames > Kanne

...about the minske connection to Poland? My mother, Lorine Ruby Minske Hofer always said her ancestor Jonas Minske originally came from poland.

Re: Jonas Murray from Ireland 1801 to Columbiana County Ohio Posted on: 07 Mar 2012, by  Johnmurray175

Surnames > Murray

...have been reading the memoirs of my great grandfather Harry D Murray. He states his grandfather was Jonas Murray, and that his great grand father (not named) built the cabin where he was born in 1870 1/4...

Re: Casey's in What Cheer, Keokuk Posted on: 02 Mar 2012, by  rosaries

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Keokuk

...1787 moved to harper ferry..then into Pa and Wva (VA)...his son went west to Iowa'''think his name was Jonas..names were..rebecca, george washinton, daniel,william,nancy,millie..dorcas...maybe we are conn...

Re: Swedish Family Posted on: 24 Jan 2012, by  elsapelsaJ

...Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 63 Emibas migration file ID: Skede F 1882 043 1880 cd Jonsson, Jonas Wilhelm 1833 Father Gustafsdotter, Anna Lena 1838 Mother (Barn), Johan Gustaf 1859 Child (Barn),...

Re: Lithuania Posted on: 21 Feb 2012, by  ingaakucevici...

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Lithuania > General

...Lithuania :) my mother is Birute Chernauskaite, she born in Graziskiai. Her father (my grandfather) was Jonas Cernauskas. If you're still here, please contact me :) my e-mail: ingaakuceviciute@inbox.lt

Re: Help with Immigration from Lithuania Posted on: 14 May 2012, by  Jennifer Tabe...

Topics > Research Resources > Brick Walls

...definitely try the first 3 or 4 letters trick, never thought of that. I have yet to find any obits for Jonas or Isabel. The family didn't have a lot of money so not sure if that would make a difference. I...

Re: Ninian Riley Posted on: 29 May 2012, by  dsriley

Surnames > Riley

DR. THOMAS L RILEY RILEYS' RETREAT 2527 COX MILL ROAD HOPKINSVILLE, KENTUCKY' 42240 September 4, 1991 Mrs. Mary L. Wood P. O. Box 497 0uray, Colorado 81427 Dear Mrs. Wood: Thanks for your mat...

Re: Sorrells family history Posted on: 16 Jan 2012, by  finchums

Surnames > Sorrells

SORRELLS married Frances A. . Frances was born b Abt 1818 in TN. They had the following children: + 2 M i. Thomas SORRELL was born about 1843. Second Generation 2. Thomas SORRELL () was born...

Re: LeRoy from Laraway? Posted on: 30 Jan 2012, by  gynethm

Surnames > Leroy

My line goes: Richard, Simeon, Leonard, Peter, Jonas, Isaac, John, Jacob, David, Charles (my grandfather). Which child are you descended from?

Re: Kramer Families who lived NW of Philadelphia , PA during the 1700's and 1800's Posted on: 23 Feb 2012, by  djdiehn

Surnames > Kramer

...Kramer is age 52 birth abt 1798 PA Home in East Brunswick, Schuylkill, PA Household Members listed: Jonas Kramer age 60(?) Listed as a Farmer Lydia Kramer age 52(?) Cannot read or write Eliza Kramer age 2...

Jacob Derrick b. 1834 Alabama moved to Lee Mississippi by 1860 Posted on: 05 Jun 2012, by  Kirk Williams

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Jackson

...Census in Lee County, Mississippi living near George Washington Derrick, son of William B. Derrick (Jonas Derrick line).

Re: Question on abbreviation...household examination Posted on: 09 Mar 2012, by  jabenson43

...Eva Christina Testes: ??. Magnus Gabrielsson i Flugeby ??. Peter Andersson i Dalsheda. Dr [dräng] Jonas Persson och H. Märtha Carlsdr i Flugeby Humag.[???] H. Margreta Johansdr i Dalsheda Pig. St...

Re: The Hall Family in Franklin Co. Posted on: 07 Apr 2012, by  mhall29

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Franklin

...that Martha Wray (married Vandiver Hall) and Elizabeth Wray (married John Henry Hall) were children of Jonas Wray. They were half-sisters. Jonas was married twice, both mothers were named Elizabeth...

Re: Difficult location: Läragård ?? Socken in Kronoberg Posted on: 02 Jun 2012, by  JOBaouab

Thank you, Tommy, Jeff, and Bo for your efforts in trying to solve this problem for me. I've been struggling with this for a while. I have been doing some digging in the birth records for Kronoberg c...

Re: Jonas Ackroyd Posted on: 03 Feb 2012, by  DavidShaw711

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Tasmania > General

This is very promising as Jonas was from Clayton Heights. I have followed up Valentine but I can't prove him to be Jonas's brother yet. However he was sentenced in 1843 to life for robbery with violence ...

Lena Samantha Beasley b. 1894 Coffee County Alabama Posted on: 22 Mar 2012, by  atacree

Surnames > Beasley

...transcripts indicate that she married G.D. Seagers in 1918 (31 May). There is a George D. Segars son of Jonas J. Segars and Margeret Segars. Does anyone know if the G.D. Seagers that married Lena Beasley i...

Re: Five Sisters leaving Sweden for Wisconsin and California 1901-16 Posted on: 21 Feb 2012, by  larslind

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Bayfield

You might be helped by knowing that their father was named Jonas Gustaf Larson Sword/Svard, born in Soderala Sweden 1855. Their mother was namned Anna Kajsa Jansdotter, born in Grasmark 1854. Regards /Carl

per page