Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "OHIO" - 826,839 Messages

per page

Re: Restored Marriages - THOMANN Posted on: 21 Feb 2010, by  dianthus213

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Hamilton

...Thoman so I checked a few death indexes I have and found one that could be him: Index of Cincinnati, Ohio Death Records 1894-1896 shows: Thomann, Louis Race - W Age - 35 years, 0 months, 0 days Born - I...

Langhoff line Posted on: 10 Dec 2000, by  DLang70

Surnames > Langhoff

...Mechow, Mecklenburg. Son Carl August Friedrich Langhof immigrated to US in late 1860's first settling in Ohio later to Minnesota. Two older brothers may also have immigrated to the US, Wilhelm Heinrich an...

Re: John William Hill and sister, Sarah Hill Posted on: 18 Mar 2010, by  Wanda_Slagel

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Pickaway

Have you found anything on Martha Hill in 1840 and 1830? If there is a connection with the Leroy Hill in Darby twp. 1820, I do not see any indications yet. The continuous presence of a HILL family in ...

Re: Laura A Ingram Hill Posted on: 20 Apr 2010, by  jaxsat2011

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Edgar

...1905 in Edgar County, Illinois I only have George as Being born 1864 in Marietta, Washington County, Ohio George's parents were Anthony Hill and Hattie VanGilder, no other info on them. Hope this helps...

Re: DAVIS LINEAGE IN OHIO Posted on: 08 Dec 2000, by J Davis

Surnames > Davis

...along to you in hopes of perhaps helping and finding some information about my Davis our Lineage in Ohio. > DAVIS, WERTZ - KNOX PAULDING CO., OHIO 1832-4 - 1915 > > Looking for information on the...

ZINS Ronald E. 1941-2010 Ohio Posted on: 19 Feb 2010, by  Contribution

Surnames > Zins

LORDSTOWN, OHIO – Funeral services will be held at 11a.m. Monday Feb 22, 2010 at the Pricetown United Methodist Church for Ronald E. Zins, 69, who died late Wednesday morning, Feb 17, 2010 at his residenc...

Re: Can you help w/photo? Do you know what Marandos Band is? Posted on: 14 May 2010, by  cedricetta

Topics > Photographs > Vintage Photograph Identification

Did he ever live in Ohio? If you go to books.google.com and search on "marando's band", a reference comes up (snippet only) that may be about an Italian band (I searched on a couple of differen...

Re: Leiss or Leis families Posted on: 03 Mar 2010, by  ano3472

Surnames > Leiss

...father's name is John Leiss. His father's name was Ivan Leiss. I was told that part of the family came to Ohio and others moved elsewhere.

Re: Wiliam Davidson Gibbons Posted on: 21 Mar 2010, by  gvand1953

Surnames > Gibbons

...live with her mother [who at this point was quite old]. Then, after she died, Mary moved to Granville, Ohio to live with daughter Pamelia. At some point it is believed that she married a Santee. The 1905 ...

Joseph Reinacher or Rhinecker Posted on: 15 May 2010, by  marcindabrown...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Muskingum

...this information is listed below that I got from the WWW a couple of years ago. Year: 1854. Place: Ohio Source Publication Code: 2901.1 Primary Immigrant: RHINECKER, Joseph Annotation: Date and place ...

XX Army Corps Ohio Regiments Posted on: 02 Feb 2010, by  Gerald_Hodge

Topics > Military > Civil War > Ohio > General

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am looking for first person accounts for XX Army Corps (Hooker's Corps) Ohio Regiments for the Atlanta Siege (July 23-August 26, 1864). I research Stevenson's Division, Army of Te...

ENOCHS Glenn Lee Sr. 1940-2010 b. Cambridge, Ohio Posted on: 08 Jun 2010, by  Contribution

Surnames > Enochs

ENOCHS SR., Glen Lee "The Model A Man" 69, of Cable, Ohio died Sunday, June 6, 2010 in the Springfield Regional Medical Center. He was born August 29, 1940 in Cambridge, Ohio, a son of Willie and Al...

Loomis-Reunion pics.1906 and 1913. Posted on: 27 Feb 2010, by  loomisemily

Surnames > Loomis

I'm looking for Loomis Family of Geauga County,Ohio.I'm trying to find 2 reunion pics of this family.One taken in 1906,and the other in 1913.

Fred and Christina Rackle, Canton, Ohio Posted on: 24 Feb 2010, by  andyraines650...

Surnames > Rackle

I am searching for information on Fred and Christina Rackle, who lived in Canton, Ohio in the early 1900's. They were my maternal grandmother's grand parents. I have some limited information on Christina...

Re: Allen family mystery?!? Can anyone help? Posted on: 21 Mar 2010, by  SueChapell45

Surnames > Allen

...Wellsburg WV. Eugenia Peirish Norman Allen m 1938 Fayette co. WV Bernice Richardson Norman allen m. 1926 Ohio co. wv. Stella Lawrence there is Newman allen b.1917 in WV living in 1920 in Summitt co. ...

Re: Canfields of Hardin County Ohio Posted on: 11 Mar 2010, by  Cancamp

Surnames > Canfield

Are you messaging about Henry Canfield, age 17 in the 1860 Roundhead, Hardin Co., Ohio federal census? His parents were William & Margaret Canfield. Do you know the ancestry of this Canfield family?...

Re: Nancy Ann Browning Darnell Posted on: 17 Feb 2010, by  terrywillis13

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Tuscarawas

...all of Fredericks. Burial will be in a Portsmouth Cemetery. 7 June 1936 Coshocton Tribune Coshocton Ohio.

Re: Everhart Posted on: 01 Apr 2010, by  jobcity

Surnames > Everhart

I am Christopher Ramsey's great-grandson. You said you wanted any and all information, so here goes: Christopher served in the Union Army during the Civil War. He married Hattie Brown in 1863. Hattie...

Re: Julia Rombala Hugyecz Posted on: 01 May 2010, by  Robert Jerin

Localities > Eastern Europe > Croatia > General

What is a tamborista? The place you are looking for is now Subotica in Serbia (old Hungarian Backa region) Even today Magyars (ethnic Hungarians are are the largest group in the city and the municip...

Re: accidental death in ohio Posted on: 04 Jun 2010, by  luvzsun

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Unknown

...identify the year he died. Was Edwin in any U. S. census? Would the family have been visiting relatives in Ohio when Edwin died? If yes, to whom were the relative related? Where was Edwin buried?

ALEXINE JACKSON 1937-2010 Posted on: 02 Mar 2010, by  Contribution

Surnames > Jackson

..."Ikky" Jackson, 72, passed away at 12:15 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 28, 2010, at Hospice House in Poland, Ohio following a courageous battle with cancer. Ms. Jackson was born Sept. 27, 1937, in Monro...

Re: Descendants of David McDorman, Spotsylvania, VA Posted on: 17 Feb 2010, by  deborahbru168

Surnames > McDorman

JO, ARE YOU STILL LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE FAMILY. I HAVE MORE INFORMATION ON JAMES JR. WHO WENT TO ALLEN CO., OHIO. DEBBIE BRUSHABER

Re: Looking for Pasheilich / Pascilitch Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  leybas1

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Austria-Hungary

...When my grandfather John Mathias was born Peter and Barbara lived at 519 Westview Blvd., Mansfield, Ohio

george W. Wise Posted on: 14 Dec 2000, by  jaynemaddy

Surnames > Wise

...father was Thomas Wise. He married Catherine Brumbaugh. George died in 1910. He is buried in Sidney, Ohio, 40 miles north of Dayton, Ohio. He had a son, Franklin H. Wise who married Alice Chaffie. . They had ...

Re: Mathew and Thomas Carr / Kerr Posted on: 17 May 2010, by  wkerr8

Surnames > Kerr

...ended up in Kentucky. I also, I thought, came across evidence that Matthew, Jr. was in Meigs County, Ohio at an inconvenient time, but I can't relocate this. I would really like to hear your evidence, i...

Jane Miler Posted on: 23 Feb 2010, by  ohroberta

Surnames > Crippen

...and Mary Miler. Sister to William, John, James, Vinton... She was born abt. 1848 in Paulding county Ohio. Her brother William was my great-great grandfather. I have found his brother John and Vinton and...

Re: Drummond DNA Posted on: 13 Apr 2010, by  tacomasadie

Surnames > Drummond

Hi there! I'm also researching Drummonds that were from the Ohio area. I have traced them back to Alexander Drummond from Scotland. I'm building a tree for my children, who are Drummonds. How does one g...

Re: CHAMPION TOWNSHIP CEMETERY Posted on: 16 May 2010, by  drwsijan

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Trumbull

Is the Champion Township Cemetery index available for sale? I have recently moved from Ohio to Idaho and have many, many ancestors and relatives buried there.

Re: Mallory history-CT to NY-to MI Posted on: 07 Feb 2010, by  William Mallo...

Surnames > Mallory

...second wife and not the mother of John Dow. The last news of them was the 1850 census in Richland Co., Ohio at age 73. W. L. Mallory

Re: Howe family Posted on: 16 May 2010, by  busybody84

Surnames > Howe

...your looking for if still that is the case.For one thing this person didn't come from Pennsylvania to Ohio.Instead they came from New York into Ohio then into Michigan.This gentlemen was Philetus S. Howe he...

Osborn, Enoch Ohio>Indiana Posted on: 15 Dec 2000, by Laurie Lewis

Surnames > Osborn

Searching for info on Enoch Osborn b June 23, 1823 Ohio d Sept. 6, 1877, possibly Indiana. m Catherine Miller, daughter of Jacob Miller and unknown Miller on Aug 3, 1840 in Henry Co., Indiana. Children ar...

Thomas B. Kerns b.1838 In Ohio,RossCo.? later lived in Pike Co. Posted on: 16 Dec 2000, by Carolyn Clark

Surnames > Kerns

...was John Russell Kerns who married Genetta "Caroline" Knisely. They moved to Licking Co., Ohio about 1900. ANY information or connections much appreciated. Will list other children if requested....

STARKS Delma Irene 1937-2010 Ohio Posted on: 01 Jun 2010, by  Contribution

Surnames > Starks

...Starks, 72, passed away Friday, May 28, 2010 at Genesis Good Samaritan emergency department, Zanesville, Ohio. She was born September 2, 1937 to Harry and Dorothy (Mayle) Hill in Cutler, Ohio. She was a reti...

DEWITT Posted on: 26 Apr 2010, by  ELLinSpain

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Huntington

...Birthplace: Missouri Race: White Gender: Female Relationship to Head of House: Wife Father's Birthplace: Ohio Mother's Birthplace: Indiana Mother: number of living children: 5 Mother: How many chil...

Ohio/Indiana Luther or George Carey Posted on: 27 Mar 2010, by  DianaCareyTim...

Surnames > Carey

...the families of George W. Carey or his son Luther A. Carey? Luther is my Great Grandfather, born in Ohio in 1852. He married Roseannah Comer and raised a family in Indiana. His father, George W. Carey wa...

Re: origin of coon surname - Scotland! Posted on: 26 Feb 2010, by  lenurb1947

Surnames > Coon

..."east-central New York(Otsego, Broome, Madison counties).My direct line moved from there to Niagara Co. then Ohio, Ind & Illinois.My great-grandfather Coon had no 'boys'so my grandmother (1890-19...

Edna Allen born Ironington, Ohio, childbren born Dayton, Ohio area Posted on: 18 Feb 2001, by Paula Lonon

Topics > Adoptions > Birth Families

...cannot locate. Our mothers maiden name is "Allen". We know her bith palce was "Ironington Ohio" As far as we know,we were all born in the area of Dayton,Ohio.We have located aunts and uncl...

Re: Mary (Buker) Snell or Molly Bowcker? Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  Dorothy Chris...

Surnames > Buker

...but it was worth it. Did you know they had three deaf children and that there was a deaf school in Ohio close to where they moved in Morrow County. Did something happen to this family in Maine that may ...

Paul E. BOOP (22 Aug 1898, Glen Iron -- 27 Feb 1970, Altoona) Posted on: 01 Feb 2010, by  michaelscaldw...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Blair

...1927, in Johnstown. Surviving are his wife, four brothers and a sister, Lawrence and Dean of Youngstown, Ohio, Warren of Knoxville and Lewis and Mrs. Mary Wyerman of Hollidaysburg. Mr. Boop was a member o...

John W Beauchamp Posted on: 20 Mar 2010, by  elbeau

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Unknown

Looking for information on John W Beauchamp, born in Ohio in 1821. He married Amanda Hughes and childred are Milton, Josiah, Frances and Charles. Trying to find parents of both John and Amanda.

Re: Charles E Montgomery Illinois Posted on: 12 Apr 2010, by  JeanKepler67

Surnames > Montgomery

...Woodbury, Iowa. In the 1880 census (Hardin, Hardin, Iowa) Charles listed the birthplace of his mother as Ohio and his father as Indiana. I have not been able to find his parents either. I have more on ...

JACOBS Eve Boksenbom 1916-2007 Ohio Posted on: 15 Feb 2010, by  Contribution

Surnames > Jacobs

Eve Jacobs, a resident of Yellow Springs, Ohio since 1993, died unexpectedly Tuesday evening, Feb. 13, 1007 at the Friends Care Assisted Living Center, Yellow Springs, Ohio. She was 90. Eve was born on July ...

ARE WE RELATED? Posted on: 17 Dec 2000, by JANICE M. HUTKA

Surnames > Hutka

I'M FROM OHIO. MY GRANDFATHER IS JOSEPH HUTKA. ANY RELATION?

Re: Quinton family Posted on: 08 Oct 2009, by  RebeccaPierce...

Surnames > Quinton

...Children are Margaret b abt 1888 Mary b abt 1890 - married (abt 1908) Louis Clinton b about 1889 in ohio --- children are Louis abt 1908 and Teresa abt 1907 Frank b 08/16/1894 d oct 1967 John b jan 1 1...

Re: Frank Williams, restaurant in Youngstown, OH Posted on: 05 May 2010, by  LakeBonaparte

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Mahoning

Thank you so much! This fills in a huge gap for me. They spent time in both New York and Ohio (they died in NY), so I'm trying to piece together when they were in Ohio, where in Ohio, and for how long. Without yo...

Allison Mather Gardiner Posted on: 28 Feb 2010, by  johngardiner4...

Surnames > Mather

...Allison (Alice?) Mather. Son James left Edinburgh in 1886 - 1888 for the U.S. and eventually settled in Ohio where he married Margaret Cartwright in 1905 in Sidney, Ohio. I have been unable to find any reco...

Smith, John Lee "Johnny" Posted on: 01 Jun 2010, by  dking116

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Wetzel

...Fourth Street, New Martinsville, died Saturday, May 29, 2010 at home. He was born July 23, 1950 in Ohio, the son of the late Charles Lloyd and Elva "Dolly" Wade Smith. He was a retired coal mi...

Re: Pattersons in South Carolina Posted on: 11 Feb 2010, by  DONALD VITELL...

Surnames > Patterson

...Carson. they had a son john born 08 Feb 1750 in Dunferline Antrim, Ireland,John died 11 Nov 1837 in Preble Ohio he married Nancy Chapman b 1770 in S.C. D. 1850 in Lumpkin Dawson, Ga. John and Nancy had so...

Bulen/Cowgill Posted on: 12 May 2010, by  mierkepatrici...

Surnames > Bulen

...Cowgill married Nancy Finley 16-Mar-1817 Josiah Bulen married Sarah Ann Cowgill 6-Apr-1848 Deleware Co Ohio Daniel M Cowgill married Clarisa Judd 2-Nov-1837 Berlin Twp. Delaware Co. Ohio Daniel F Graham ma...

Clarence B. NYCE Posted on: 28 Apr 2010, by  WHL44

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

...for pre-medical training as part of the Army Medical Corp. After a year at Vanderbilt, he was sent to Ohio State University's Medical School, from which he received his degree in 1948. Although WW II was ...

per page