Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "messina" - 4,446 Messages

per page

Re: Croce / Crus Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  chrissenti

Surnames > Croce

Funny you say that- My great grandfather was orphaned out in messina italy. we found out recently his REAL name is 'Francesco Croce'. (B 1891) We do not know who his parents are. Someone 'Croce' I believe. ...

Re: IMPALA, Frank and Joseph Posted on: 13 Jan 2010, by  jaimpala

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > King

...same in Fremont Ca. in the San Francisco Bay area. His ancestry also went back to the Santa Lucia and Messina regions of Sicily. I look forward to finding out more. Thanks, Joseph A. Impala.

Re: giovanni arlotta Posted on: 25 Feb 2010, by  jarlot81429

Surnames > Arlotta

My Father & Mother were born in Librizzi, the province of Messina, Sicily. My Father's name was Giovanni Arlotta & born 1884 and my Mother was Theresa (Palino)and was born 1895. Both came here to New...

ROMINGER Posted on: 04 Dec 2000, by ahl

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Franklin

...Todd Scott, Adam Jarrod Scott and Andrew Quentin Scott, all of Frankfort, Kentucky Daughter: Sue Ellen Messina, Minnesota Sister: Norma Jean Ulm (deceased) Burial: Body cremated (Source: The State Journal -...

Chillemi Family Posted on: 10 Apr 2010, by  jlhiggins5

Surnames > Chillemi

...They from Tripi Italy where they was born. Both north certificates say they are from teh Providence of Messina. They married in 1916. They returned to Italy in 1921. She had 9 children Michael Chillemi- ...

Re: Francesca Gatto Posted on: 30 Jan 2010, by  apg641

Surnames > Gatto

...giacchino gatto and travelled to america and argentina to vist relos not shore if cousin or brother from messina ecorna does the name nicola or agustino mean any thing i have two cousins in sicily but no oth...

CROCE (Francesco) Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  chrissenti

Surnames > Croce

...great grandfather and orphaned him out? My great grandfather Tommaso Senti was born and orphaned out in Messina Siciy Italy. I found out recently his REAL name is 'FRANCESCO CROCE. (B 1891) I do not know wh...

Re: maria bucca from messina, italy Posted on: 18 Dec 2009, by  bellanonna

Surnames > Bucca

My family lives in Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. Messina province, Sicilia. They visited us in USA this summer. Could you be related to them? Guiseppe Aliberti Moglia Cinzia Bucca

Re: Looking for a "lost branch" of the Pernice family. Posted on: 20 Jan 2010, by  jca245

Surnames > Pernice

I have been looking into my family tree myself. My Great Grandmother is Providencza Pernice from Messina who immigrated to America with her 3 children in or around 1859. She is my Fathers Grandmother. I have...

Re: Vella Posted on: 24 Nov 2009, by  fnpwjp

Surnames > Vella

...that was not enough to speak it (I am 64 years old.) Fortunately, I have a neighbor who was born in Messina, and she offered to help me write when I do. Next, I have not used any contact in Italy. I ...

Re: looking for any info on the bucca family from messina italy Posted on: 18 Dec 2009, by  bellanonna

Surnames > Bucca

my grandmother was Venera Bucca married Carmelo Sofia Both were from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto, messina province of Sicily. Venera my grandmother left Sicily with my mother Sebastiana Sofia Aliberti to joi...

Re: Cemetary in Cheswold? Posted on: 27 Oct 2009, by  josie982

Localities > North America > United States > States > Delaware > Counties > Kent

Yes, the cemetry still exists, although it's not really in Cheswold. It's on Messina Hill Road at the intersection with Moorton Road. Messina Hill Road is between Smyrna and Cheswold, just south of Garrison's Lak...

Saia/Saya/Cavallaro/Sorenti/Grosso/Camerota Posted on: 09 Nov 2009, by  Michelle Stro...

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > Messina

My father's family immigrated from Rometta, Messina, Sicily to New York in the early 1900's. My granfather's name was Antonio Saia. He had 3 brothers, Concetto, Rocco and Frank who also came over. A sister, ...

Re: Aeolian Islands, Sicily Posted on: 16 Nov 2009, by  SWALSH100

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > General

...EMAIL ME AT SALLYTIM@VERIZON.NET. I HAVE TRACED MY BARCA FAMILY TO VILIAGE SS ANNUNZIATA, VILLAGE IN MESSINA AND THE OLDEST MEMBER WAS GIOVANNI. I THINK WE MAY BE FROM LIPARI OR SALINA ORIGINALLY.

Re: Americanized Name Posted on: 14 Oct 2009, by  Bieliauskaite

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Ships from Europe

...census records, and one on the Ellis Island data base. It looks like other more common spellings are Messina and Messineo. It's best to start with what you know and work backwards. Try to find obituaries,...

Re: Malta/ Cubeta from Messina, Sicily Posted on: 04 Nov 2009, by  littlebread

Surnames > Malta

...Giovanni Giacomo Cubeta; my grandfather, Salvatore Cubeta and grandmother Anna Cubeta, were all from Messina, Italy. Are there any more Cubeta(s) in Messina?

Re: Malta/ Cubeta from Messina, Sicily Posted on: 04 Nov 2009, by  littlebread

Surnames > Malta

...Giovanni Giacomo Cubeta; my grandfather, Salvatore Cubeta and grandmother Anna Cubeta, were all from Messina, Italy. Are there any more Cubeta(s) in Messina?

Re: Looking For Relatives Posted on: 05 Oct 2009, by  Christa_36

Surnames > Nastasi

...was a Nastasi, father Domenico and mother Rosaria (Miraglia)Nastasi. They lived in PA, but came from Messina, San Pier Niceto, Sicily, Italy. I also know that Domenico had a brother Natale that he came to st...

Re: Messina/Tampa & Sicily Posted on: 02 Oct 2009, by  amessina32

Surnames > Messina

I am a Messina from Tampa. My grandfather was Michele Peitro and he was married to Maria Cipolla Messina. My grandfather had a canning plant in Ybor City Tampa and his company was MP Brand. They had 7 children.. ...

Re: Bille Family Posted on: 07 Oct 2009, by  zagara68

Surnames > Bille

Hello,I married a Bille from Messina .Have a few Bille on a tree But not much yet because i'm trying to do my Fathers side first.

Re: Famularo Posted on: 12 Sep 2009, by  avamorgana

Surnames > Famolare

...antonio famulari's great grandaughter. He lived in lynn, ma. and was a shoe maker by trade. He came from messina. I sure would love to see the family tree you have dating back to the 1500's

Re: Looking for family's origin Posted on: 07 Sep 2009, by  athaleneBulla

Surnames > Bulla

update- family is related to the Barones. We were from Catania or Messina Sicily.

Re: NASTASI FAMILY Posted on: 03 Oct 2009, by  Christa_36

Surnames > Nastasi

...but I am unsure what happened to the rest of his family that came to the states. They were all from Messina, San Pier Niceto, Sicily and arrived in the early 1900's.If you feel there might be a connection co...

Mazzeo of New York Posted on: 28 Nov 2000, by Nancy Mazzeo Reeb

Surnames > Mazzeo

...Province of Potenza, Italy. I don't think there is any connection here, since you referenced Barcellona, Messina. Good luck in your search. Thanks for your message.

Re: Ruggiero family tree Posted on: 17 Sep 2009, by  chachatnp

Surnames > Ruggiero

...many familiar names, but all of these names are of childhood friends. I knew a Maria Conti and Anthony Messina. Both lived in South Philly and should be in their mid 40's right now. My father was Anthony Rug...

Re: Looking for family's origin Posted on: 07 Sep 2009, by  athaleneBulla

Surnames > Bulla

ok- thank you anyway. We are supposedly from Catania or Messina Sicily

Orlando / Paffumi from Novara di Sicilia Posted on: 12 Sep 2009, by  epaffumi1

Surnames > Orlando

...Orlando and brought her to the US in 1914. Both were born in 1891, probably in Novara di Sicilia, Italy (Messina area of Sicily). They had 6 children born in the US (Adeline, Anthony, Ernest, Richard, Rober...

Re: Looking for family's origin Posted on: 02 Sep 2009, by  athaleneBulla

Surnames > Bulla

...from Italy. This is what I know..Mary Simeti was married to Peter Bulla. The family is supposedly from Messina or Barone. Or the last name Barone is related to us. We were told some of our family died in a v...

Re: Looking for family's origin Posted on: 02 Sep 2009, by  athaleneBulla

Surnames > Bulla

...from Italy. This is what I know..Mary Simeti was married to Peter Bulla. The family is supposedly from Messina or Barona. We were told some of our family died in a volcano eruption in the 1800's. I have a ra...

Re: Bulla Family Posted on: 02 Sep 2009, by  athaleneBulla

Surnames > Bulla

my grandmothers was Mary Bulla and was married to Peter Bulla. Supposedly our family is from Messina and that there was a volcanic eruption and some of our family didnt make it. I have a rare blood type- A...

Re: Mary/Maria Lazzaro of Italy to Maryland Posted on: 23 Aug 2009, by  PaSain

Localities > North America > United States > General

Mary was probably her "Americanized" name. Finding several Maria's, try the FamilySearch link below and the Ellis Island website. She may have arrived at the port of Baltimore and not Ne...

Re: Giorgianni- San Pier Niceto, Italy Posted on: 29 Aug 2009, by  posta331

Surnames > Giorgianni

...in US, but I have not contacts. I leave in Sicily, my mother war born il Monforte San Giorgio near Messina. It will be very interesting for me to find relatives in US. I thank in advance who can help for ...

Re: Joseph MIANO and Jennie LaMONDA of New York City and Syracuse, NY Posted on: 26 Aug 2009, by  myocd51

Surnames > Miano

Messina, Sicily seems to be the center of Miano-land.

Re: Villairi family from Sicily Posted on: 20 Aug 2009, by  addonizio

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > General

I have Villari and Bruno ancestors from Pallermo and Messina.

Looking for Pillera family members Posted on: 17 Aug 2009, by  James Losi

My grandmother (Angela Pillera b.12/29/1900. d.June 1985) was born in Messina. Brothers' name is Salvatore. We called him Sammy or Ace for short. Emigrated to the USA between 1907 and 1915. Her family used...

John Corso Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by Lupo

Surnames > Corso

Sorry, I don't know of any Corsos other than my Great Grandmother Gaetana Corso. All I know about her is that she married a Messina (Domenic, I believe).

Re: Maria Caminiti - St. Teresa, Messina, Sicily Posted on: 03 Dec 2010, by  mettore178

Surnames > Caminiti

My grandfather was Eugenio Caminiti and was born in Messina, Sicily in 1907. He moved to Argentina in the 1930s His brother was carmelo caminiti and he had an brother who lived in Bighamton NY and later mo...

DiFrancesco from Novara di Sicilia Posted on: 30 Dec 2010, by  johnmdifrance...

Surnames > Difrancesco

My great-grandparents were Natale DiFrancesco and Maria Straguzzi from Novara di Sicilia, Messina, Sicily, Italy. His parents were Giuseppe DiFrancesco and Felicia Puglisi. His grandparents were Natale DiF...

Re: Barca family from Sicily Posted on: 23 Feb 2011, by  lfd82458

Surnames > Barca

I'm also related to Barcas from Messina,Sicily. All I have on my family is a Rosario Barca who came to the U.S in 1903 with his wife camella longo.

Re: Bonanno in New York and New Jersey Posted on: 18 Feb 2011, by  jtgadbois307

Surnames > Bonanno

...south of Boston. I am responding because my great-grandfather's name was John Bonanno and he came from Messina,Sicily i believe.I dont know much about my fathers side of the family but would like to know.Fee...

Re: GENOVESE, CAMBRIA, CICCIARI; Barcellona Pozzo di Gott ME, Sicily Posted on: 09 Jan 2011, by  TimothyGenove...

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > General

...Barcellona and died in St. Louis in 1930. Angelo may also be from Barcellona. We only know he was from Messina (maybe the city or the "state") Concetta's parents were Francesco Ricupero and Dome...

KENNON Mary Jane Hideg 1921-2011 Posted on: 12 May 2011, by  Contribution

Surnames > Kennon

After the last several years of living with the devastasting effects of Alzheimer's Disease, our mother is finally at peace. Mary Jane Hideg was born on March 5, 1921 to Louis & Julia (Moody) Hid...

Re: vaccaro australia Posted on: 22 Jan 2011, by  bawalton2004

Surnames > Vaccaro

...hime from Australia in Italian. My grandfather's name was Gaetano Vaccaro and came from Francavilla Di Messina in Sicily, Italy. He was born in 1881 in Italy and had brothers and half brothers. His father...

Re: LOBIANCO, Vincent - b. 30 Dec 1878 Calabria, Italy Posted on: 26 Jan 2011, by  SaraGossett

Surnames > Lobianco

...done. All I have found online are sibling obits, unfortunately. Still trying to find Vincent and Mary Messina. Take care, Sara (formerly Burt) Gossett Texas

Mondello Posted on: 27 Dec 2000, by Gina Mondello

Surnames > Mondello

Hi I too am a Mondello, my ancestors came from Messina also. My great grandparents names were Antonio and Carmela Mondello. My family lives in New York. Maybe we are related.

Re: Researching families from Messina Posted on: 25 Mar 2011, by  jciaccia

...researching SILIPIGNI, PULEO, ARENA, CELONA, FEMINO, FINOCCHIO, CARUSO etc... from in and around Salice and Messina. Have you anything new on any of the above lines?

FAILLA - FIEDA in Louisiana Posted on: 04 Nov 2010, by  moondancer136

Surnames > Failla

Hi: I'm researching possibly a Nicolo Failla from Sicily; married Antonia (or Antoinetta) Guarisco. Antonia came to US via New Orleans in 1892. They lived in St. Mary Parish (Morgan City). They ha...

Re: Costa Family from MESSINA,Sicily Posted on: 28 Feb 2011, by  Misike

Surnames > Costa

...am a Costa from Massachusetts. My father Giovanni Battista Costa was born in Castanea delle Furie, Messina, Sicily in 1896. Father was Giuseppe Costa. He, my mother, Maria Baronello, and my two sisters, ...

Re: family history Posted on: 15 May 2011, by  Terrygiannett...

Surnames > Giannetto

...fact, our son is now Dominic Giannetto. I've never heard that his father (Pasquale Giannetto, born in Messina) had any siblings..but I'm attempting to find that out. Perhaps he had cousins that are tied t...

Re: In response to your response Posted on: 02 Jan 2001, by  achievement20...

Surnames > Errante

...for a year. Id say he passed away approx 30 years ago. I know they are both from the same town I think Messina Sicily italy. I know my grandfather was the one who layed stones, and slate, ( he from what I he...

per page