Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "messina" - 4,445 Messages

per page

Re: Dennis LaGraves 1807-1892 Posted on: 30 May 2010, by  aruthbarsi

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

...It looks like Dennis was one of 13 children, 6 of whom were in the Civil War. They all started out in Messina NY, and after the war spread out across the country - most to the midwest, but one went to Califo...

Re: Terranova from Campobello di Licata, Sicily Posted on: 19 May 2010, by  HistoricLinda...

Surnames > Terranova

...town they were born in or in a neighboring community. I would suggest you check to see if there is a Messina board similar to this one and perhaps inquire there. Unfortunately, I do not see any of the Terra...

Re: Belcastro family from Italy Posted on: 02 Jun 2010, by  pcalise07

Surnames > Belcastro

...might want to check: Reggio di Calabria (at the very tip of the boot, looking right over the Straits of Messina into Sicily), Polistena, and Catanzaro. Those are the three possible cities of my own Belcastr...

Re: Tringale, Tringali or something similar Posted on: 07 May 2010, by  davidgentile

Surnames > Tringali

...Riposto, Cantina, Sicily- d 25 Dec 1967 Jackson Twp, Ocean Co, NJ m 5 Jan 1890 Ali Marina, Messina, Sicily to Teresa Cucinotta 1872 Camaro Superiore, Messina, dau Ignazio Cucinotta 27 Sep 18...

Madrid Michael Obit Posted on: 02 Jun 2010, by  Marcena Thomp...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Mexico > Counties > Dona Ana

Las Cruces Sun News 2 June 2010 Michael Madrid, born October 31, 1955, in Las Cruces, New Mexico passed away after a long illness on May 27, 2010 at the age of 54. Michael attended Holy Cross and Las...

Re: Cuttones are you out there Posted on: 30 May 2010, by  SamCuttone

Surnames > Cuttone

Hello, My name is Sam Cuttone. My dad Salvatore Cuttone was born 1930 Ucria Sicily and mum was from Messina. Very happy if I can get a family tree happening. I live in Perth western Australia. Dad came out i...

Re: Lagrave Family information Posted on: 30 May 2010, by  aruthbarsi

Surnames > LaGrave

...It looks like Eli was one of 13 children, 6 of whom were in the Civil War. They all started out in Messina NY, and after the war spread out across the country - most to the midwest, but one went to Californ...

Re: NAROS IS DUNMORE Posted on: 19 Apr 2010, by  francesficco

Surnames > Naro

Dear MC, I am sorry that I do not have a picture of my grandfather,Cataldo Naro. I do have some of his wife, my grandmother, Paola Messina, if you want them. FF

Re: Ridolfo family, Sant' Agata, Sicily Posted on: 16 May 2010, by  Guidoswife1

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > General

...Francesco Paulo Ridolfo but changed it to Rudolph when he moved to Atlantic City. He was originally from Messina (Naso perhaps). I do know that his cousin Basilio married my father's sister...Carmela LaVal...

Re: Denacor - Pottsdam and Canton - looking for correct spelling Posted on: 27 May 2010, by  marystewart67...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

I am such a dunce at this. I went to Messina observer, typed in Guy Hiter but did not come up with the obituary. I got a lot of articles on later Guy Hiter. Is that what you did? Did you just type in...

Busco descendientes de Carmelo Spadaro Posted on: 04 May 2010, by  Spadaro83

Localities > South America > Uruguay > General

...Spadaro nacio en el año 1883. Su mama se llamaba Anna Pellegrino (1859-1929) nacio en San Filippo, Messina, Sicilia. Su papa, Domenico Spadaro (1838-1897) nacio en Santa Lucia del Mela, Messina, Sicilia. Car...

Re: Jeanneclaire Oeser Posted on: 09 Jun 2010, by  dodger5050

Surnames > Oeser

Jeanie Claire Ann Oeser born May 12th, 1956 is the Daughter of Jeanette Lucielle Messina and William Oeser. They were married at the time of her birth. Both her parents are dead. Her Grand Parents were Je...

Re: Croce / Crus Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  chrissenti

Surnames > Croce

Funny you say that- My great grandfather was orphaned out in messina italy. we found out recently his REAL name is 'Francesco Croce'. (B 1891) We do not know who his parents are. Someone 'Croce' I believe. ...

Re: Maccarone History Posted on: 16 May 2010, by  SDTina

Surnames > Maccarone

...circa 1830 and died circa 1877. She had at least two sons, one born in Siracusa in 1833 and a second in Messina around 1843. Probably several kids in between. Mine is clearly much older, which is why I had ...

Re: Does Holywood exist? Posted on: 09 Apr 2010, by  pmcguinness14...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

Hello Anthony, Thanks for your note. I have been contacted by Olga Messina who also pointed me to the website you reference, but I found it hard to identify 'my' William Pearson from that. Maybe you could he...

Bertuccio, Messina , Sicily Posted on: 20 May 2010, by  RaymaleneBill...

Surnames > Bertuccio

...Giovanni Bertuccio . +Santa Giacobbe 2 Cosimo Bertuccio 1860 - 1930 b: February 25, 1860 in MessinaMessina,Sicily d: February 15, 1930 in Woodlawn, Everett, Massachusetts ... +Concetta Santamaria 1872...

Antonio Palminteri and Caterina Bruno from Castle Vetrono Sicily Posted on: 31 Mar 2010, by  MikeGordonPa

...1902 and d: Nov 9, 1964 in Brooklyn, New York. Her Grandmother is Dorotea Terranova b: Nov. 1866 in Messina, Sicily d: 1941 in Brooklyn, New York. Dorotea is the daughter of Giuseppe Terranova and Maria Pino...

CROCE (Francesco) Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  chrissenti

Surnames > Croce

...great grandfather and orphaned him out? My great grandfather Tommaso Senti was born and orphaned out in Messina Siciy Italy. I found out recently his REAL name is 'FRANCESCO CROCE. (B 1891) I do not know wh...

Re: Info re: Frank Perera / Periera (b. about 1843 in Greece) Posted on: 18 May 2010, by  kjohnson540

Localities > Eastern Europe > Greece > General

...to me by my great aunt. Frank is my GGGGrandfather. She interviewed Franks granddaughter, Vivian A. Messina-Silva (Mrs. James F. Silva), in 1981. Vivian was the daughter of Catherine "Katie" Perara and A...

Chillemi Family Posted on: 10 Apr 2010, by  jlhiggins5

Surnames > Chillemi

...They from Tripi Italy where they was born. Both north certificates say they are from teh Providence of Messina. They married in 1916. They returned to Italy in 1921. She had 9 children Michael Chillemi- ...

Looking for my Ancestors Posted on: 14 Dec 2000, by Joe Giacobello

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > General

...family line. My great grandfathers were Crispino and Mariano Giacobello. I believe Crispino was from Messina, and Mariano from somewhere in Sicily. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Joe Giacobel...

Re: CROCE NAME Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  chrissenti

Surnames > Croce

Funny you say that- My great grandfather Tommaso Senti was born and orphaned out in Messina Italy. I found out recently his REAL name is 'FRANCESCO CROCE. (B 1891) I do not know who his parents are. Someone...

Re: CROCE NAME Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  chrissenti

Surnames > Croce

Funny you say that- My great grandfather Tommaso Senti was born and orphaned out in Messina Italy. I found out recently his REAL name is 'FRANCESCO CROCE. (B 1891) I do not know who his parents are. Someone...

Re: Mazzeo Family Of Messina Posted on: 05 Apr 2010, by  emjodavis711

Surnames > Mazzeo

...robyork75@gmail.com and 516 330 9682..I heard that Antonietta Mazzeo Bozzo was a wealthy women (perhaps a Judge in Messina. my grandma Viola is Thomas your Husband

Re: Terranova from Campobello di Licata, Sicily Posted on: 03 May 2010, by  mikegor51

Surnames > Terranova

...Terranova family for my wife. We're looking for information on Dorotea Terranova b: abt Nov. 1886 , in Messina, Sicily. Her parents are Giuseppe Terranova and Maria Pino. She emmigrated to the U.S. before 19...

Anthony , Pietro, Rosa Matranga Posted on: 13 Dec 2000, by  LoriWebb58

Surnames > Matranga

...Grandpa. Anyone make a connection please contact me at sgaines888@aol.com. Pietro Matranga married Rosaria Messina in New Orleans. Emily

Divorces granted in Kansas City, MO - reported 4 March 1952 Posted on: 06 Apr 2010, by  JohnWOBrien

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Jackson

...Ann from Duane D. TEMPLETON Pauline from Gene CARUTHERS Regina from Ray L. LOVE Alberta from Dominick MESSINA ====================================================== (I have no connection with any of these ...

Grazia Occhipinti, wife of Giovanni Cavaliere, born ca 1832, died Manhattan 1895 Posted on: 13 Apr 2010, by  SDTina

Surnames > Occhipinti

Grazia Occhipinti, most likely born in Messina (or somewhere in Sicily), but traveled to the US in 1877 from Tunisia where she had been living. Mother to Angelo Pietro, Giuseppe, Giovanni, and Maria Letteria...

Re: Long lost Croces Posted on: 03 Apr 2010, by  chrissenti

Surnames > Croce

Funny you say that- My great grandfather was orphaned out in messina italy. we found out recently his REAL name is 'Francesco Croce'. (B 1891) We do not know who his parents are. Someone 'Croce' I believe. ...

Re: Pietro Spanelli Posted on: 17 Mar 2010, by  cid431

John, I got a copy of my grandfather’s birth certificate. He was born July 24 1897 in Valdina Messina, Sicily, Italy. His birth name is Giuseppe Sfameni. His parents where Mariano and Scibilia Rosa. Now...

Italiano's from Messina, Sicily Posted on: 27 Mar 2010, by  luisaitaliano

Surnames > Italiano

...not related in Toronto. Would like to know more about my family before 1900 in San Filippo Del Mela, Messina, Sicily. That is where my grandfather, Salvatore Italiano was born as well as my dad, Nunzio Ital...

Re: Natoli Posted on: 20 Mar 2010, by  Justine Natol...

Surnames > Natoli

My great great great grandfather was Antonio Natoli married to Rosa Madasazzo they were from Lipari,Messina,Sicily. They had at least 1 son Salvatore who was married to Carmella Donati. When they immigrated ...

searching ancestors Posted on: 26 Mar 2010, by  gribbit1966

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > Messina

i am looking for info on my ancestors. they lived in Messina Italy NICOLA ARENA and GRAZIE RUELLA. they had at least 1 son NATALE ARENA born in 1915. Natale came to Australia in 1940 about the ship ROMOLO. h...

Re: Messina Family - Franklin County Fla Posted on: 14 Mar 2010, by  JKMessina

Surnames > Messina

Hi there, Frank Messina (~1830-1908), was my G-G-G-Grandfather. Frank was Mary's brother, son of Gaspar. Frank was one of the brothers who took a Portuguese wife (I didn't realize any of the other brother...

Re: Tusa - Messina, Sicily to Boston, MA Posted on: 05 Mar 2010, by  John Broderic...

Surnames > Tusa

...excellent place to start if you haven't looked there. If you did not know - the town of Tusa is northeast of Messina on the coast - you can find it with Google Maps.

James Dick Posted on: 25 Feb 2010, by  PatrickDick26...

Localities > Africa > South Africa > General

...James Dick. They were both born in Nyasaland(Malawi) and went to work in South Africa. My dad worked in Messina, at Harper Mine, and his brother (my Uncle) worked in Springs, Johannesburg. I presume he had a...

MESSINA, Robert M Posted on: 06 Mar 2010, by  Lhendri479

Topics > Obituaries (2)

New London, CT - Robert M. Messina, 60, of 43 Warren St., died Monday, Jan. 11, 2010, at home. He was born in New London on Sept. 18, 1949, the son of Leo and Leanore (Menghi) Messina. He earned his bachelor's deg...

Re: CASELLA, Messina, (Saint Angelo), Italy Posted on: 02 Mar 2010, by  jmc719

Surnames > Casella

My Grandfather, Antonio Casellain came to U.S. from Saint Angelo De Brolo (Messina, Sicily) late 1800's or early 1900's and ended up marrying Mary Charlotte Wright from Lawrence Co. KY in 1917 They had 12 c...

Re: Augusta BIrth Certificates-Licciardello Posted on: 24 Feb 2010, by  bmoss00

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > Siracusa (Syracuse)

...documents. I got my great-grandmother's birth certificate through the mail from San Pier Niceto in Messina Province. It took about a month total and they didn't ask for any fee. I was also in Sicily and t...

Re: CAFEO of SICILY EARLY 1900 - Salvatore Cafeo Posted on: 22 Feb 2010, by  anthony aliot...

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > General

Because Salvatore Cafeo is not in the Messina records. Thus it has to be in another town within the Province of Messina. Anthony

Re: Restivo family in New York City Posted on: 06 Feb 2010, by  dansweb451

Surnames > Restivo

...at Arrival: 13y Gender: M Marital Status: S Ship of Travel: Ultonia Port of Departure: Messina Manifest Line Number: 0007 Domenico Last Name: Domenico Restivo Ethnicity: american Last Plac...

Re: Looking for a "lost branch" of the Pernice family. Posted on: 12 Feb 2010, by  jca245

Surnames > Pernice

...She would have been 44 years old then if my math is correct. It is still correct that she came from Messina, Sicily. I would wonder how common the name pernice is in that area. This is getting interesting.

Re: isn''t anyone Posted on: 12 Feb 2010, by  mapinpike

Surnames > Certo

Rosaria Calderone (Rasaria) and Giuseppe Lamanna & Maria Certo descandants made a trip to Messina some time back. I was just told that the information they obtained Identifies Rasaria Calderone husband...

Re: Sgro - Sant'Agata, Sicily or Cleveland, Ohio Posted on: 05 Feb 2010, by  Ron Buffa

Surnames > Sgro

12. Carmen Sgro, born about 1851 in Messina, Sicily, Italy. Baptism at Church of Sant'Agata. He married 13. Domenica (Azzerello) Sgro. born 28 October 1855 in Messina, Sicily, Italy. Baptism at Church of Sant'Agat...

Re: Are you a Schepis Posted on: 05 Feb 2010, by  amflg1

Surnames > Schepis

...was born to Antonino Maggio and Maria "Calderone" Maggio,in 1886 in Santa Lucia del Mela, Messina Sicily....prior to Santa Lucia, the MAGGIO name was MAIO from Meri, Messina Sicily, some of our birth reco...

Re: Schepis family from Italy Posted on: 27 Jan 2010, by  11rmsx

Surnames > Schepis

My grandmother was Carmela Schepis from Pace del Mela, Messina, Sicily. B. 1895 d. 1969 in New Brunswick, NJ

Re: How does your family pronounce SCHEPIS? Posted on: 25 Jan 2010, by  11rmsx

Surnames > Schepis

My grandmother was Carmela Schepis (pronounced SKEPS) from Pace del Mela (Messina) Sicily. near Santa Lucia. would love to share info.

Re: Cuccia Posted on: 23 Jan 2010, by  alessandrosal...

Surnames > Cuccia

My grandfather was Stefano Zummo he married my grandmother at the time her name was guiseppina Messina my grandfathers mothers madien name was cucchiara they were from Salemi Italy, close to Trapani I have n...

Re: Zummo's in L.A. and Sicily Posted on: 23 Jan 2010, by  alessandrosal...

Surnames > Zummo

My grandfather was Stefano Zummo he married my grandmother at the time her name was guiseppina Messina they were from Salemi Italy, close to Trapani I have no information on his family can you help.. Alex

Re: Family in Scala and Salice, ME Posted on: 30 Aug 2010, by  beaudryd

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > Messina

Hello Julie, I am looking for Francesco DeFrancesco b Sept 14 1897 in Messina; parents Domenico DeFrancesco b 1866 & Rosalia Mele b 1867. If you have any info I would appreciate your help. Thanks, Donn

per page