Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "OBER" - 1,982 Messages

per page

OTTENHEIM or OTTENSHEIM ? Posted on: 15 Dec 2000, by Charles Wardell (Webmaster)

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > General

...Lower Austria (Niederösterreich), about 18 miles West of Vienna ? or: OTTENSHEIM in Upper Austria (Oberösterreich), about 100 miles West of Vienna. The current phone directory http://www.etb.at...

Re: Shobert & Anneler & Allied Families Posted on: 18 Apr 2010, by  smiley73070

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > McClain

...notice) ANNELER Wayne ANNELER June SHOBERT Newton SHOBERT Oneal SHOBERT Jake SHOBERT Marian SHOBERT Ober SHOBERT Dewey SHOBERT Estelene SHOBERT Kenndall SHOBERT Eulalie SHOBERT Alma SHOBERT Pleas ***all...

PERRY, Henry F. (Maj.) Posted on: 15 Dec 2000, by  Linda Wensel

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Monroe

...years with great credit to himself. He then acted as collector for the water company there. In Oct- ober, 1855, he went to Ohio, and taught for some time in Henry County. In the fall of 1856, he entered t...

Re: Need 2 KLINE Obituaries - South Bend Tribune Posted on: 21 Apr 2010, by  taltos017

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > St > Joseph

The obit for Mrs. Ober J. Kline states that she married Mr. Kline in 1920. There is a marriage record in St. Joseph County for Ober Kline and Nina Callender, married 7 Aug 1920. The obit for Oberley R. Kline ...

Re: Vital records in Austria Posted on: 26 Apr 2010, by  degloff

Surnames > Brandl

...Brandl born Oct 9, 1778 in Freinberg, Austria, died May 27, 1877 in Passau. Freinberg is near Linz in Oberösterreich, Austria and east of Passau. We have not contacted the Diocese of Linz. They we...

Need 2 KLINE Obituaries - South Bend Tribune Posted on: 20 Apr 2010, by  Joyful

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > St > Joseph

...St. City: South Bend State: IN Notes: South Bend Tribune 01/21/1974 p. 22 Name: Kline, Mrs. Ober J. Address: 1326 E. Indiana Ave. City: South Bend State: IN South Bend Tribune 06/30/1941 2, ...

Re: Surname CHRISTL Posted on: 20 Apr 2010, by  Mohnbauer

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > Provinces > Lower Austria

at attachment it looks exact for Haselbach in district (Bezirk) Rohrbach in state Upper-Austria (Oberösterreich). it´s on border to Czech Republic and at attachment some others from Rohrbach, bu...

Re: southwick Posted on: 01 May 2010, by  jerrian1

Surnames > Southwick

...recent, well researched, booklet, and send them to you, if you wish. There are some mistakes in Caller and Ober, but, nonetheless, lots of information. So do go there and look at the book. You can read it...

Meaning of Ober Posted on: 10 Dec 2000, by Conrad Ober

Surnames > Ober

"Ober" is usually a prefix, meaning above or superior. A waiter is, as I recall, a "kellner." A head waiter is an oberkellner. In modern Germany, it has been shortened to "ober."...

Ancestry: Mass to Maine Posted on: 10 Dec 2000, by Conrad Ober

Surnames > Ober

Richard Ober came to Boston from England. He settled in Beverly, Mass. Later, Richard and his brother moved to Blue Hill,ME, where they were among the first pioneers of that community.

Re: JOHN SOUTHWICK Posted on: 12 Feb 2010, by  rsrichmond1

Surnames > Southwick

...connect the Mormon Southwicks with the Quaker Southwicks? - I descend from Aaron8 Southwick in Caller and Ober. - Robert Southwick Richmond

Descendants of Joann (Johann?) Bumb Posted on: 07 Feb 2010, by  omega_guy

Surnames > Bumb

I would like to contact descendants of Joann (Johann?) Bumb, christened May 2, 1779 in Ober Hilbersheim, Hessen, Germany. He is my g-g-g-g-grandfather. He married Catharine Barbara Moersbach on February 1...

Re: Marriage lookup need from Marriage Book I Boone County Posted on: 09 Feb 2010, by  RobinPardus19...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Boone

...would be way before she came over. That is my fault I should have put that in the message. She came ober in 1883. So it would have to be for a marriage after 1883. Can you tell me when you looked, is it a...

Descendants of Joann (Johann?) Bumb Posted on: 07 Feb 2010, by  omega_guy

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Hessen > General

I would like to contact descendants of Joann (Johann?) Bumb, christened May 2, 1779 in Ober Hilbersheim, Hessen, Germany. He is my g-g-g-g-grandfather. He married Catharine Barbara Moersbach on February 1...

Erasmus Holtzapfel; Will; 1793; York Co., PA Posted on: 30 Jan 2010, by  cathywentz

Surnames > Holtzapple

...may be after my decese. Item and give and biqueth unto my son Adam holsabel the sum of twelve pounds ober and above his aqual shere here after named Item and is my will and ...

norden from sweden Posted on: 30 Jan 2010, by  joannahyslop0...

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Ships from Sweden

...my ggrandfather we know he was born in sweden and his father was neilsen norden and mother christena ober.he was born abt 1847.the first record i have of him is his marriage in 1873 in glasgow scotland bu...

Where are the Nagels of Ruma, Yugoslavia? Posted on: 26 Jan 2010, by  semiplenus

Surnames > Nagel

Hello, Searching for living descendants of Johann Nagel, emigrated from Treffelhausen (Wuerttemberg), Germany May 1786 to Ruma, Austria (now Yugoslavia). Presume were killed during or fled after end...

Seidel Sidel Siedel Posted on: 23 Jan 2010, by  Franz_Seidel

Surnames > Seidl

I am looking for information on my ancestors that came from Silesia, Austria, Moravia, Ober Wilgrub? They were Bernhard, and his sons Wilhelm and Franz and daughter Agnes. They all came between 1884-1886 ...

Re: Rosenthal ? Posted on: 09 Sep 2010, by  Mohnbauer

Topics > Military > Austro-Hungarian Military

possible meant Rosenthal in Bohemia now present Czech Rep. the communities Horní Růžodol = Ober Rosenthal/Upper-Rosenthal and Růžodol = Rosenthal since 1939 are part of the town Liberec = Reichenberg...

Re: Ober Posted on: 30 Aug 2010, by  ssadorsky

Surnames > Ober

The name is German and it means very good job. I am not sure if it is shorten up or not.My side of the Ober family is from Pennsylvania. My grandmother was Odessa Ober daughter of David K.Ober & Annie May Sam...

Re: Lusitg of Vienna Posted on: 14 Nov 2010, by  Mohnbauer

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > Provinces > Vienna

...Austria: http://www.herold.at/telefonbuch/lustig/ * Wien (37) * Niederösterreich (36) * Oberösterreich (16) * Steiermark (8) * Salzburg (7) * Kärnten (6) * Tirol...

Morgenweg, Was Re: Best German bakeries in Lodz *:) Posted on: 09 Aug 2010, by  JerryFrank59

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Lodz

...may be a connection if we can get back far enough. The Morhinwegs of Lodz region lived in Nowo Solna, Ober Wiaczyn, and Eufiminow. There are only 11 line entries for this surname in that time frame so i...

Suche Ur Ur Grossvater Lackner Posted on: 20 Oct 2010, by  irenevs

Surnames > Lackner

...ihrer Kinder waren Engelbert,Rudolf (der jüngste fiel im Krieg)Alexander,Karl die beiden zogen nach Oberösterreich der eine war Sattlermeister mit eigenem Geschäft der andere Inspektor bei ...

Re: ISAAC ESTEY, MARY TOWNE family tree Posted on: 24 Jul 2010, by  CindyLeutz51

Surnames > Estey

...family that we are part Native American. If this is true, it would have to have been the mother of Sarah Ober who married Amos Pulsifer. I think the best chance we have of finding a female direct descenda...

Re: batchelders in beverly ma Posted on: 21 Sep 2010, by  johonnal

Surnames > Batchelder

...my greatgreat grandfather was Daniel Homer Batchelder MD of Londonderry NH. He was married to Fanny Ober of Beverly Ma,She died in 1850 and he remarried Priscilla Coffin Of Maine they were married in Lond...

Re: Essex NY (back to Essex MA) Posted on: 01 Aug 2010, by  allisonherndo...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Essex

I am related through a brother of john ober born 1673. His name was Benjamin born 1689 in essex mass. his parents were richard and abigail woodberry. would love to share info. thanks lisa herndon

Culver School Millville 8th grade 1942-1943 - class photo attached Posted on: 25 Jul 2010, by  BarbaraMunson...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Cumberland

...Culver School in Millville. The list below was composed by my dad. FIRST ROW: 1. Leonard N. Wells 2. Ober Williams 3. Raymond Hinson 4. Harry Reeves 5. Carl Hickman 6. Eddy Johnson 7. Ronald Davis 8. Ja...

James Reynolds, Lynx, OH Posted on: 26 Jun 2010, by  kalotac

Surnames > Reynolds

...Mrs. Alma Rogers and Miss Sophia Reynolds, all of Lynx. Funeral services were held on Saturday by Rev. Ober Womacks and burial in the Liberty Chapel cemetery under the direction of William Lafferty, funer...

Obit of Robert D. "Bob" Paxson Posted on: 01 Dec 2010, by  wcr1951_1

Surnames > Paxson

...was born in Kingston, Pa. He was a teacher for 38 years, with the majority of that time spent at J. E. Ober Elementary, Garrett. He was a member of Harvester Missionary Church where he was treasurer for 2...

Timpe or Ober Timpe in Enochsburg, IN Posted on: 01 Nov 2010, by  danbecker_1

Surnames > Timpe

St. John Catholic Cemetery in Enochsburg, IN has a few Timpe and one Ober Timpe headstones. My g-g-g grandmother Elizabeth Timpe married Mathias Boegeman. They are buried there. But I'm thinking she ha...

Re: looking for date of death Posted on: 23 Jul 2010, by  lapaz

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > San Francisco

...FRITZ, spouse P., died 9 May 1939, San Francisco County, age 62 Death - wife FRITZ PHILOMENA 1874 03 02 OBER JOOS FEMALE RE SAN FRANCISCO 1954 12 23 Age: 80 Per 1920 San Francisco census wife, Phil...

Re: Skubch geneaology Posted on: 04 Aug 2010, by  AmandaCrossle...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > East Prussia

...Skubsch Skupsch Skupch Does anyone have any ideas how I can research back to Kreis Sensburg especially Ober Kossewen and Barranowen to find above family?

Re: Dittrich's in Bohemia? Posted on: 07 Sep 2010, by  marksabol21

Localities > Central Europe > Czech Republic > General

There a letter left out of "Obergeorenthal." It should be Obergeorgenthal; that is Ober [=Upper] georgen [=George's] thal [=valley]. Today's Czech equivalent of that German place name is Horni ...

Wind/Windt in Austria Posted on: 16 Nov 2010, by  jenbancks

Looking for more information on my great-grandfather Frank Wind (Windt) born 4 Aug 1888 in Hendorf, Oberösterreich, Austria Hungary His WWI registration is attached listing his birthplace. Would ve...

Family History Posted on: 28 Apr 1999, by  icsinc11

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

The Lex's immigrated 1890. My grandfather always told me he was Baptized in Ober Maldau but lived in Austria. The Korbisch's I only know that they came from Winterberg in 1883. The Mondl's immigrated from...

Re: Orange Bailey/Johnson and Wolcott, VT Posted on: 04 Sep 2010, by  dlfrench41

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Lamoille

...I hiked up into the area & found the spot. There are no stones left & it's in the woods off Ober Hill.I know at one time a game warden roped off the burial ground with flourecent tape but sure it ...

Re: Benders of Lancaster County, Pa Posted on: 12 Sep 2010, by  BenderPainter

Surnames > Bender

...settled in Swatara township, where he farmed for sixteen years and then moved to Highland, between Ober- lin and Steelton, where he was engaged in raising fine horses. He was a Republican in politics...

Re: matejka immigration Posted on: 02 Nov 2010, by  ZBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Austria-Hungary

...Žirovnice, Serowitz populated place 49°15' N 15°12' E E M U G Czech Republic His place of birth Ober Olesna as in Horni Olesna MATEJKA list in Zirovnice's phone book http://seznam.1188.cz/?f...

Re: Hofstatter Johann, from Austria, died in WWII in Germany Posted on: 14 Nov 2010, by  Mohnbauer

...placename he came from, or a state? austrian phonebook has 939 Hofstätter in the 9 states: * Oberösterreich (253) * Niederösterreich (217) * Steiermark (188) * Wien (164) ...

Re: OBERS Posted on: 30 Aug 2010, by  ssadorsky

Surnames > Ober

Is Nancy Anna Keagy, who is married to Abram Ober parents of William K. Ober any relation to Christina Keagy? I am the grand daughter of Odessa Ober married to Clarence A. Morrison. Father of Odessa is David K. Ober ...

Re: Hildebrand-Schantz family Posted on: 03 Oct 2010, by  shharris411

Surnames > Hildebrand

...married Solomon Wise. They were active members of the Church of the Brethern and married into the Fyock, Ober and other families, primarily in Indiana County. Any further information will be greatly appre...

Re: David C. OBER d. 2 July 1956, Strongstown Posted on: 28 Aug 2010, by  ssadorsky

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Indiana

Is this any relation to David K. Ober and his wife Annie May Samuels? If it is please email me at sharon_sadorsky@telus.net

Re: Leander K. Lippincott Posted on: 17 Aug 2010, by  PHelfand46

Surnames > Lippincott

I am guessing that you were looking for info for writing an article and that you either already have this info or it may be arriving a little too late to be helpful. Collection: District of Columbia ...

Re: RALEY FAMILY Posted on: 28 Aug 2010, by  ssadorsky

Surnames > Raley

Is this Annie(or Anna) May Samuels who married David K. Ober. I need help in finding more about her. Was her father George? There is no list for her mother or father. She was my grandma, Odessa Ober's mot...

Re: Dixie Lee Ober McClimans, age 75 Posted on: 30 Aug 2010, by  ssadorsky

Surnames > Ober

I am a granddaughter of Odessa Ober from Pennyslvania, married to Clarence Morrison from Indiana. Odessa father was David K. Ober and Annie May Samuels. I was lead to beleive that Annie was a cree indian. I n...

Re: Bartlett lineage in Canada Posted on: 28 Aug 2010, by  ssadorsky

Surnames > Bartlett

I am wondering if the Bartletts some how tie into The Ober family. I have a great Aunt by the name of Ada Ober and she had sister's Florence and Odessa. Odessa was my grandmother. Does anyone know who Ada &am...

Re: Obit: William H. OBER, b. Apr 18, 1896, Woodbury, Bedford Co., PA Posted on: 30 Aug 2010, by  ssadorsky

Surnames > Ober

I am the grand daughter of Odessa Ober who was Born in Pennsyvania, her father was David K. Ober married to Annie May Samuels. they moved to Carrington Ward North Dakota. Odessa married Clarence A. Morrison w...

Search for ancestors and relatives in the Saarland/Rheinpfalz , Germany Posted on: 08 Mar 1999, by Robert K. Geiger

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

...which he believes to be near Saarbrucken. The name of the village is not known but may be something like Ober (upper?)Arlsberg or Arborg. It is believed that a bank in Saarbrucken has a branch in the town...

Ober Cemetery Posted on: 20 Dec 2000, by  kelverl

Surnames > Ober

There is an Ober family cemetery located in South Woodury Township, in Bedford County, PA

Re: Woodson Wilcox/Conecuh Posted on: 08 Jul 2010, by  Anne Huffman

Topics > Ethnic / Race > African American > Alabama

...see if they can help someone else. I even have a brand new Yahoo group that i started which nw has ober 600 links & files to help AA find their ancestors. Anyway, that's my crazy Tues, Thurs & ...

per page