Search the Boards

Search Results for "Gilks" - 142 Messages

per page

Gilks Family Tree Posted on: 28 Jul 2000, by Bobbi Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

I am trying to link the Canadian Gilks to the Gilks in England and the U.S.. I have Albert and Theresa (Astle) married in 1898 in New Brunswick, Canada I have also found an Edward Gilks coming from London to North C...

The Canadian Gilks'! Posted on: 21 Aug 2000, by Susan Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

I am replying to Bobbi Gilks' message posted in July. I am a resident of Ontario, Canada but my father's family is from Blackville, New Brunswick. I recently learned our family's history dating back to 185...

Gilks Posted on: 05 Nov 2000, by Kim

Surnames > Gilks

Hello Susan. I have the Gilks family in my line,thet are from N.B.Canada. My Gr-Grandmother was Margaret Gilks she married Arthur McIntosh in 1899.Do you have a connection to this family ? Hope to hear from you...

Re: The Canadian Gilks'! Posted on: 26 Mar 2002, by John Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

There are at least two lots of apparently unrelated Canadian Gilks. There's the NB bunch and my family for sure. My lot are odd in that different bits of the family emigrated from the UK to Canada indepe...

Gilks family Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by JAcqueline Eborall

Surnames > Gilks

My great grandfather was Charlie Gilks from Oxhill in Warwickshire. Two of his daughters, my Grandmother,Joyce and my Auntie, Joan are still alive and we intereste din finding out about other member sof th...

Gilks Family Tree Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by Bobbi Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

...have a message on the board in a couple of days with as much info as I can. Thank You very much! Bobbi Gilks

Gilks Family Tree Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by Bobbi Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

...have a message on the board in a couple of days with as much info as I can. Thank You very much! Bobbi Gilks

Re: Gilks family Posted on: 15 Oct 2001, by  WESTBROM

Surnames > Gilks

I have got a Ruby Gilks who married Douglas James Randoll 1922 in West Bromwich she died in 1979 in Solihull Warwickshire.Is this any help to yourself

Re: Gilks family Posted on: 24 Mar 2005, by  patsyann100

Surnames > Gilks

...was looking at RootsWeb for the first time and saw your old message. I think I am related to Charles Gilks. My Grandfather and Great Grandfather (both William) lived in Oxhill and were both blacksmiths. ...

Re: Gilks Family Tree Posted on: 18 Aug 2005, by  chrischids

Surnames > Gilks

Does anyone have any information on Ernest Eli Gilks b. 1871 in Berkshire UK married Susan Carter in 1892 Berkshire UK but by 1901 have disappeared. Possibly emigrated to Canada.

GILKS Posted on: 05 Nov 2000, by Beverley Fleet

Surnames > Gilks

Have just started to trace ancestry. My mother Phyllis Amy Saxton was born to Leah Grace Gilks from Steeple Aston,Oxfordshire. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.

Gilks family from New Brunswick,Canada. Posted on: 05 Nov 2000, by Kim

Surnames > Gilks

Hello. I am searching for information about the Gilks family in New Brunswick,Canada My Gr- Grandmother was Margaret Gilks born Sept.13, 1876 in Blissfield N.B.She was called Maggie. Maggie married Arthur McInt...

Re: Gilks family from New Brunswick,Canada. Posted on: 24 Jan 2002, by Chris Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

Does any one have any information on a Zach / Zacherie Gilks born in New Brunswick. Was married to Evelyn. They were from the Norton area then moved to Saint John.

Re: Gilks family from New Brunswick,Canada. Posted on: 06 Dec 2002, by  lloydburdick

Surnames > Gilks

The information I have is that Zacharias was one of 8 children born to john gilks and Nancy Mooers. He was married to Mary Charlotte Astle abt 1865 and had 8 children with her. If you need more informatio...

Re: Gilks family from New Brunswick,Canada. Posted on: 07 May 2005, by  lfrench29

Surnames > Gilks

Zachariah and Evelyn (Bowmaster) Gilks were my parents. My farther was the son of Albert and Tessie (Astle) Gilks from Doaktown, N. B. He had 5 brothers and 4 sisters.

Gilks Posted on: 15 Nov 2000, by Laurence Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

Hi to all Gilks people out there. I am in Cape Town, South Africa. I would like to hear from any other Gilks families from any where in the world. My father is Henry Gilks, born in London (11 Jan 1921), My grand fat...

Re: Gilks Posted on: 20 Jan 2002, by  sue1289

Surnames > Gilks

Hi,I am tracing my family history.My Father is Walter Gilks born 1914,Marton Warwickshire,England.I have more information if anyone is interested in the Marton Gilks's,and would be grateful if anyone has a...

Re: Gilks Posted on: 21 Jan 2002, by Laurence

Surnames > Gilks

Sue Contact David @ this Email address, he is doing resaerch on the Gilks family tree. gilkes-david@supanet.com

Surnames > Gilks

Sue Contact David @ this Email address, he is doing resaerch on the Gilks family tree. gilkes-david@supanet.com

Surnames > Gilks

Re: Gilks Posted on: 16 Apr 2003, by Sally Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

I am married to a GILKS in Perth, Western Australia and would like to trace the family history for my son who is 4 months old as he is to carry on the name for his father.

Re: Gilks Posted on: 20 Nov 2004, by  howardseaton

Surnames > Gilks

I had a great uncle John Gilks who emigrated to Perth sometime in the early 20th century from northern England possibly Warrington. He married a woman called Dolly. I met them when they visited England whe...

William Thomas GILKES- do you know me? Posted on: 19 Feb 2001, by  Patricia Hard...

Surnames > Gilks

...Co., MI Descendants of William Thomas Gilkes Generation No. 1 1. WILLIAM THOMAS2 GILKES (THOMAS1 GILKS) was born Aug 1848 in Long Itchington, Warwick Co., England1, and died 05 Aug 1910 in Broomfield, ...

Gilks in Ontario Canada Posted on: 15 Mar 2004, by  phaedra27

Surnames > Gilks

Leila Augusta Gilks, daughter of William Gilks and Emily Savage married Sherwood Hill in Allendale, Ontario, 18 Oct 1905. She was living in Barrie at the time and Sherwood was living in Orillia. Leila was bor...

Re: Gilks in Ontario Canada Posted on: 29 Dec 2005, by David Smith

Surnames > Gilks

...information. I have looked at my records but am unable to find any reference to the birth of a Leila Gilks or the family on the 1891 census. Perhaps you can contact me and I will see if I can assist in a...

Re: Gilks in Ontario Canada Posted on: 29 Dec 2005, by  phaedra27

Surnames > Gilks

David, the only further information I have is that William J. Gilks shows up on the 1901 census in Muskoka, Parry Sound as the owner of a hotel. I have him born 28 Jan 1861 in Warkwickshire, England, arri...

Re: Gilks in Ontario Canada Posted on: 31 Dec 2005, by David Smith

Surnames > Gilks

...information. However it's not all bad news. I have found some details of the marriage between William John Gilks and Emily Savage. It is recorded in the GRO marriage index as happening in the Aston distri...

EDWARD GILKS WW2 Vet with Baker Company Posted on: 18 Mar 2005, by melissa

Surnames > Gilks

I'm trying to locate an Edward Gilks who was a WW2 vet with Baker Company out of New Brunswick and knows Edward Baker and Felix Quinn....... Felix's son John is a friend of mine and he is trying to reunite...

ERNEST ELI GILKS Posted on: 19 Aug 2005, by Chris

Surnames > Gilks

I am seeking information on Ernest Eli Gilks b. 1871 in Maidenhead, Berkshire UK. He married Susan Carter in 1892.

Re: ERNEST ELI GILKS Posted on: 29 Dec 2005, by Chris

Surnames > Gilks

...information on him or his family would be greatly appreciated. I believe his mother could have been Sarah Ann Gilks (Jilks) b. Bledlow, Bucks 1852 but as she married a William White in 1872 I dont know wh...

Re: ERNEST ELI GILKS Posted on: 30 Dec 2005, by David Smith

Surnames > Gilks

Hello Chris I have the birth of Ernest E Gilks being registered in 1871 (GRO reference Cookham district volume 2c page 385 June quarter). I have no information on a baptism. The marriage would appear to h...

Gilks Posted on: 16 Mar 2006, by  KJWDrylining

Surnames > Gilks

Looking for details of the Gilks Family in Woburn, Bedfordshire, England.

millers from washinton state Posted on: 13 Apr 2001, by dana miller

Surnames > Miller

...family history..my father is donald scott miller..my mother is virginia miller..my grandmother is pam gilks at death...i think my grandfathers name was elwood lee miller.

Document Posted on: 22 Feb 2001, by Denise

Surnames > Bemis

...researching at this point. Dont worry its not too many. 1. Bemis 2. Scanlon 3. Twoomey (Spelling?) 4. Gilks 5. Travis The ones that I am really looking for are: 1: Michael Edward Scanlon P> B. 1871 2....

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! Posted on: 28 Apr 2001, by  hayjac|MA9947...

Surnames > Newport

...Thomas, Alice Scarborough, Annie Shields, Edith Blatch, Agnes Inglis, Ada Miscampbell, Emma Joyce, May Gilks.

John NEWPORT - Gosport, Hampshire, England Posted on: 22 Jun 2000, by  hayjac|MA9947...

Surnames > Newport

...Ontario), Prudence Annie, Alice Rose (married George Richard Scarborough of Sandwich, Kent, Eng), Mae (Gilks - Ontario), Agnes (Aggie Inglis - Galt Ontario), Francis (Fanny), Edith (Eddie married Jim Blatc...

Police Records Posted on: 22 Nov 2002, by Mark Bentley

Surnames > Rothwell

Does anyone have access to Police Records for West Yorkshire?...I'm looking for a Police Constable Rothwell who served in the Upper Agbrigg Division of the West Riding Constabulary in about 1894. Than...

SAXTON/GILKS Posted on: 07 Nov 2000, by Beverley Fleet

Surnames > Saxton

...trying to trace my mother's ancestry. Her father was William George Saxton, and her mother Leah Grace Gilks. They lived in London,UK in the early 1900s. My grandmother, Leah died c. 1931. They had 9 childr...

Re: kent CROUCHERS Posted on: 07 Apr 2007, by  janehickman49

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Kent > General

...Bobbing/Milton Sittingborne (He's most insistant) he turns up on the 1871 and 1881 sensus married to Hester Gilks and living in Princes Risborough Buckinghamshire. On his marriage cert his father is named ...

Re: Gilks / Gilkes variants family history Posted on: 08 Apr 2007, by  colinfroud123

Surnames > Gilkes

Hi Alan, I am trying to find members of the family of Eli Gilks b. c1840 Stokenchurch/Bledlow and Catherine Messenger b.1831 Stokenchurch. I have one daughter Elizabeth Gilks b. 5th Dec 1872, who married John ...

Re: ERNEST ELI GILKS Posted on: 08 Apr 2007, by  colinfroud123

Surnames > Gilks

Hi Chris, I think you may have been in touch with my reles John and Lynne Tedder about Ernest Eli Gilks. He was my grandfathers half brother. I am also trying to find out about the other Ernest Eli b. 1871...

William GILKS - born Warwickshire c.1800 Posted on: 11 May 2007, by  Linda Dutton

Surnames > Gilks

My great great grandmother was Caroline GILKS who was born in 1824 in Clerkenwell. According to her marriage certificate (to William DUTTON in 1846) her father's name was William GILKS and he was a compositor....

Re: Gilks / Gilkes variants family history Posted on: 19 May 2007, by  911590

Surnames > Gilkes

I don't know about any Gilks connection, as you would see if you read my message it doesn't direcly concern thwm although one could have been attached by marriage hence the link but I am unaware of it sorr...

Re: William Thomas GILKES- do you know me? Posted on: 06 Oct 2007, by  annpage57

Surnames > Gilkes

...to get any further back than him although I am working on a theory that they may be linked to Thomas Gilks who married Ann Allnutt 1759 in Sutton Courtenay. yours Ann

Re: Robert Gilkes, 16 Eyre Street Hill 1841 London census look up please Posted on: 06 Oct 2007, by  glemsue

Topics > Census > United Kingdom > Census of United Kingdom 1841

1841 HO 107/659/10 - Clerkenwell Folio 34, Page 12 Gt. Warner Street GILKS Rob - 25 - coach maker - not born in county Jane - 25 Jane - 1

Re: Sarah Parsons Posted on: 19 Oct 2007, by  FotoMonckey

Surnames > Parsons

...discovered if it is her married name and if so, who she married? I have a Thomas Parsons married to Sarah Gilks b:~1820 in Beausale. Ring any bells? If I find more, I'll post. Feel free to email me. M...

Re: Parsons, Knowle, Warwickshire UK Posted on: 21 Oct 2007, by  FotoMonckey

Surnames > Parsons

...match up. My particular line is Harriet Parsons b: 1852 from Thomas Parsons b: 1825 (& Sarah Gilks) from Thomas Parsons b: 1801 (& Elizabeth Spilsbury) from Thomas Parsons & Mary Let me kn...

Re: Tysoe - Walker, Greenway, Orton, Parker Posted on: 08 Nov 2007, by  gordgriffin

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Warwickshire > General

...grand-mother was Alice Greenway b Tyscoe abt 1847. I believe her parents were Ralph Greenway and Sarah Gilks. Ralph's parents may have been Edward Greenway and Elizabeth Walker m 31 Jan 1792. Alice married...

Re: Pace family living London, Battersea, 1840s-50s Posted on: 30 Dec 2007, by  Ellyn0721

Surnames > Pace

Hi We are related as below: Thansk Ellyn Generation 0 John Pace m Mary Pace b.1781 Battersea, Surrey Children Susannah Pace b. 1819 Brentford married Henry Carne b.1818(Barge Builder) George Pace...

Re: Sir Joseph Paxton Posted on: 16 May 2008, by  Jessica_Trimb...

Surnames > Paxton

Senior PAXTON #2921 b. ABT 1735, m. ABT 1758, Unknown #2922, b. ABT 1737. I. William PAXTON #59 b. 1759, BKM ?, occupation Tenant Farmer, m. ABT 1782, Anne ROOKE #60, b. 1761, Whaddon Chase, BDF ?,...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions