Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Gilks" - 145 Messages

per page

Re: Hands Families Warwickshire and Australia Posted on: 31 Jan 2010, by  christinembur...

Surnames > Hands

...stillreading this old thread, but I have - Kate Lewis Hands b.4 Mar 1851, d.2 Dec 1885 married to Lewis Gilks of Grandborough Fields, Warks. Sarah Elizabeth Hands d.12 Nov 1913 married to John Gilks in 1871 ...

Re: Mary Ann? m. to William Henry HALL b.1851 Stoke Upon Trent, Staffordshire Posted on: 06 Aug 2010, by  FCHESHIRE1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Staffordshire > General

HELLO, I have found 2 marriages 1876 for William H HULL one is solihull to a MAry ann Gilks ap quart the other Kings norton to a Mary ann Higgitt july quart The first child was born Balsall Heath warric...

Re: I hit a dead end! Posted on: 05 Aug 2010, by  barbdale_1

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Grey

...Mrs. and Mrs. Wm. McCormick of Swinton Park visited Sunday at the home of Jim Sturrock. Mr. and Mrs. Gilks, George, Henry, Allan, and Ronald of Hopeville visited in the same home. Sound like your family? ...

Re: Looking for grandmother GILKES in Whitby/Oshawa area Posted on: 05 Aug 2010, by  barbdale_1

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > General

...Mrs. and Mrs. Wm. McCormick of Swinton Park visited Sunday at the home of Jim Sturrock. Mr. and Mrs. Gilks, George, Henry, Allan, and Ronald of Hopeville visited in the same home. Sound like your family? ...

Gilks Posted on: 18 Apr 2011, by  mwlare

Surnames > Gilks

I have just started researching my Gilks ancestors. My grandfather is George Gilks. His father was Edward Gilks, Sr. As far as I can tell, Edward was born abt. 1903. I do not know where he was born. i was able ...

Re: Gilkes Posted on: 08 May 2011, by  satch42179

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Bruce

...Gilk b 5 Oct 1854 and family are in Dundalk. There is also a George Gilke, 18, in Dundalk. An Emma Gilks, 19, in Dundalk. Take note of the different spellings. 1911 census gives immigration date as 1869...

Melinda C. Gilks (nee Shaffer) Posted on: 04 Aug 2011, by  mwlare

Surnames > Shaffer

...Pennsylvania, USA Death 13 Jun 1935 in Clearfield, Clearfield, Pennsylvania Marr 7 May 1891 to George Harry Gilks I was speaking to my Great-Aunt (grand-daughter to the above) who told me Melinda was a ...

gilks of north oxfordshire Posted on: 06 Nov 2011, by  valanjones1

Surnames > Gilkes

my 9th great grandmother was christable gilks c1540 of swalcliffe? she married george dumbleton c1540 of tadmarton.would like more info on the erly gilkes if poss. thanks val

Re: Gilks / Gilkes variants family history Posted on: 06 Nov 2011, by  valanjones1

Surnames > Gilkes

hi alan, dont know if you are still into your one name study of gilks? my 9 x ggrandmother was christabele gilks c1540 ? swalcliffe oxfordshire, would be interested in exchanging info. val

Re: Gilks / Gilkes variants family history Posted on: 18 Nov 2011, by  debbyhadley

Surnames > Gilkes

Hi I picked up on a very old post on Ancestry. I'm not sure if you are still researching the Gilks family line but I have the following information: I am researching my mother's maternal side of the famil...

Re: Gilks / Gilkes variants family history Posted on: 28 Jul 2011, by  andyspar

Surnames > Gilkes

Can anyone help with the Gilks family from either Ratley or Crompton shaw oldham? Any help would be great.

Re: Checkley/Ainsworth Posted on: 20 Apr 2012, by  jennifercooke...

Surnames > Checkley

...great-grandmother's name was Annie E. Checkley,married Daniel Evans. Annie's parent were Frederick Checkley,and Lucy Gilks. You are welcomed to check any info on my tree. Jennifer

Re: Gilks / Gilkes variants family history Posted on: 08 Jun 2012, by  bilboaus

Surnames > Gilkes

I have been doing some research on a Gilks family but they seem to be somewhat removed from the regions being researched by other people. I have got back to a Samuel Gilks who married a Sarah Graves at Feltham,...

Re: William GILKS - born Warwickshire c.1800 Posted on: 21 Apr 2012, by  lindad4a

Surnames > Gilks

Many thanks Jacky! The Gilks family are still a bit of a mystery to me... it's so unhelpful when the census returns just say someone is from 'Warwickshire' rather than a specific town or village!

Re: William GILKS - born Warwickshire c.1800 Posted on: 05 May 2012, by  JacquelineBur...

Surnames > Gilks

I have a George Gilks (1876-1908) in my family tree. He was born in Ratley Warwickshire. He married Sylvia Deakin and lived in Crompton, Lancashire at the time of his death. They had a son called Absolem. ...

Re: William GILKS - born Warwickshire c.1800 Posted on: 15 Mar 2012, by  JacquelineBur...

Surnames > Gilks

Hello, I have somehow come across your message asking about Gilks. You have probably solved your problem by now but I thought that I would let you know that I have a George Gilks (born 1876) in my tree (married...

Re: Gilks / Gilkes variants family history Posted on: 27 Oct 2012, by  andyspar

Surnames > Gilkes

hi richard, Yes id like to see your tree, it could be very helpful. My side of family went to oldham. will share info if you like. please email me on andyspar@hotmail.co.uk Thanks

Re: George Livings Rover Munn, 1880-1933, Bedfordshire Posted on: 02 Jul 2012, by  rosemaryr898

Surnames > Munn

...my grandmother Rebecca. We lived with her in Cardenden before coming to Australia in 1952. Elizabeth Gilks Munn was my mother. She died in 2001.Please get in touch with me at my Email address. I am also on...

Re: Looking for grandmother GILKES in Whitby/Oshawa area Posted on: 11 Jun 2012, by  talbotrail

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > General

...says "beloved husband of Rosina? Mobby Gilkes." Here are some old newspaper articles for Gilks/Gilkes. Click on the newspaper to get the article to come up; in some cases you may have to email ...

Re: William GILKS - born Warwickshire c.1800 Posted on: 25 Jul 2013, by  peter_gilks

Surnames > Gilks

...have a family bible. My grandfather, also a Farrier, is the youngest brother of the eldest William Gilks of Oxhill and Idlicote. Their father, John Gilks, having died in Oxhill, worked and was buried in Idlic...

Re: Gilks family from New Brunswick,Canada. Posted on: 17 Nov 2013, by  Zack Gilks

Surnames > Gilks

Hi Zackie Emanuel Gilks and Evelyn were my grand parents. I was the first son of Zackie Hollingsworth Gilks their son. I have photos of both my grand parents and could tell you some good stories, of summers w...

Re: Rebecca Mitchell Mooers, Milo cemetary, Maine Posted on: 24 Oct 2013, by  David Gilks

Surnames > Mooers

I am trying to find info on Sarah Mooers and Benjamin Mountain. Any info or pictures would be appreciated. David Gilks North Bay, Ontario

The Gilk's Posted on: 07 Oct 2014, by  Julie Louise ...

Surnames > Gilks

Hi all - We are the Gilks' of Malvern Worcestshire and were established there from Dudley In the west midlands during te war. My mother Linda died young and my adopted father and grandfather Sidney brought...

Re: Gilks family from New Brunswick,Canada. Posted on: 14 Sep 2014, by  mgilks32

Surnames > Gilks

Hi Zack I beg to differ..I am Mary-Ann Dale Gilks..First born to your Father and My Mother Marion Ida Berry on March 14 1955.. Our Fathers first son was born Terry Wayne Gilks October 15 1956..then another sist...

slatcher Posted on: 14 May 2001, by  curtisann1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Warwickshire > General

...strtch of shifts unless I get a quiet moment- My g.g.g.grandfather was indeed David who married Fanny Gilks. I am related to another of his son's but do not have the info with me at work- thank you so much...

Gilks - Bromsgrove Posted on: 27 Jan 2016, by  Patrick Donne...

Surnames > Gilkes

...distant relations resulting from the following marriage: 1945 - Bromsgrove - Eileen Emms & William D Gilks The Emms family lived in Evesham. Is this familiar to anyone? Please contact me on pdpatrickd@...

Randoll Posted on: 26 May 2001, by Sheryl

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > General

...Randoll 1925 Fulham Robert Randoll m Margaret Gray son Robert m Ciss son Douglas James 1889 m Ruby Gilks in West Bromwich d in Solihull son Frederick William b 1889 Fulham twin of the above m Mabel Scri...

Slatcher in Wolfhampcote Posted on: 11 May 2001, by  @@grahamrusse...

... This David SLATCHER (who was baptised 20 April 1834) was son of another David SLATCHER and a Fanny GILKS (married 1824). There ought to be a connection with such an unusual surname... Hope to hear from y...

Slatcher Posted on: 07 Jun 2001, by  @@grahamrusse...

...Faulkes at Wolfhampcote in 1755" being grandparents of the David SLATCHER who married Fanny/Frances GILKS? What are the missing parts? Look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks!

Re: HEMMING in 1700s Posted on: 22 Aug 2001, by David Hemmings

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Oxfordshire > General

...Fulbrook Their Known Children: Sarah Hemming, c. 2 May 1790, Fulbrook; m. 19 Feb 1810, Fulbrook, to Thomas Gilks Mary Hemming, c. 22 Nov 1792, Fulbrook Harriet Hemming, c. 26 Apr 1795, Fulbrook; m. 1820, F...

Re: Thomas Bliss Turner/Mary Lizzie Coford 1888, James Allen Turner Katie Ward 1910 Posted on: 09 Feb 2002, by  myflgmcousins

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > Northumberland

...Pratt. It may have been John Johnston as her Mom married him later. I do have Ward/Arbo 1838; Ward/Gilks 1866; (Emeline Rebecca Gilks d/o John Gilks & Agnes Mooers). Then Ward/Pratt 1890; then Ward/Turner 1...

Civil War Pension Request Posted on: 09 Sep 1999, by Sharon Murray

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Hunterdon

This is the information regarding the pension request of William GETHARD, and after his death the request by his widow for pension. William GETHARD was born in 1829, he died 30th day of December 1904 ...

Rothwell/Bentley Posted on: 25 Jun 2002, by  plaxtol

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

Could SKS look on any census' earlier than the 1881, to see if the can get Michael & Isabella Bentley(in 1881 census lived at West Side Harrison St, Blackburn) and/or James & Jane Rothwell (li...

Michael Bentley Posted on: 23 Jun 2002, by  plaxtol

Surnames > Bentley

I've gone as far as I can for now, does anyone know or have links to Michael Bentley b 1830 at Great Lever, Bolton, Lancashire? He married Isabella, but I cannot find the Marriage Certificate...can an...

Sherwood Hill in Ontario Posted on: 01 Feb 2004, by  phaedra27

Surnames > Hill

...Ontario for the Telephone Co., son of William Hill and Alicia (Alice) Brooks, married Leila Augusta Gilks, age 22, born in England and living in Barrie, Ontario, daughter of William Gilks and Emily Savage, on 1...

Re: William Faxon abt 1550 Posted on: 25 Oct 2003, by David

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Oxfordshire > General

I have William Faxon as being born in Swalcliffe about 1555, He married Jane Gilks June 5, 1580. He died August 30, 1613. His father was Richard Faxon, born about 1530. He married Elizabeth ?. He died Apri...

Tamley's from Coventry or Birmingham UK Posted on: 15 May 2004, by  JaneHewitt55

Surnames > Twamley

I am trying to trace relatives for my Twamley family. Jane

Re: Thompson,upton,Davies,Pritchard. Posted on: 15 Apr 2004, by David Kerwin

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > Yorkshire - North Riding > General

...2/1/47 to Florence Lydia Kerwin formerly Robinson nee Davies I still live there. My mother was born in Gilks street Middlesbrough 10/4/1912 to Christopher Davies / Sarah Davies nee Philips. My grand parent...

DUTTON Family from Bampton, Oxfordshire Posted on: 13 Sep 2004, by  lindad4a

Surnames > Dutton

...great grandparents were William and Mary DUTTON (both born c.1789). Their son William married Caroline GILKS and their son Joseph DUTTON (who was born in the City of London in 1855) was my great grandfath...

Harold Hughes Posted on: 23 Jan 2005, by Felicity Bocus

Surnames > Hughes

Hi, I'm trying to get back in touch with the descendants of Harold Hughes and wife Dorothy nee Gilks.Harold is a cousin of my grandmother Mary nee Thomas & Dorothy a cousin of my grandfather Lewis Gilks. Th...

Chancery Patent Rolls - LibVa Colonial Records - Survey Report 10917 Posted on: 21 Oct 2001, by gracie

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Unknown

...FREEMAN, HENRY FREEMAN, WILLIAM GARNES, GILBERT GARRETT, JOSEPH GARRETT, THOMAS GIBBS, GEORGE GILKS, WILLIAM GOODWINE, EDWARD GOODWINE, WILLIAM GRIFFITH, THOMAS HALL, ANTHONY HALL, FRANCIS HANS...

WILLIAM HOPKINSON, b. England d. Fitchburg, MA Oct. 20, 1935, m. 1) LILLIAN GAUKRODGER 2) MARY DONNELLY Posted on: 09 Nov 2005, by  Jacqueline Sl...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Worcester

The Fitchburg Public Library sent me this item. I was hoping it was WILLIAM HOPKINSON b. Sherbrooke, Quebec, spouse of ELLEN M. HYATT, but it is not. My WILLIAM HOPKINSON's youngest sister lived in ...

Re: Keenan & Vickers in Blackville Posted on: 27 Jul 2005, by Colleen Donnelly-Tandiama

The new 1911 census for Canada is now released. You can find it at The National Archives of Canada. They have a web site and you can search in the 3 Blackville districts. It seems like alot of work bu...

Re: Cemetery in Lower Napan? Posted on: 22 Jul 2005, by Colleen Donnelly-Tandiama

HI Susan, I just got back yesterday from New Brunswick. I had a marvelous time and so enriching to meet all my family for the first time. Anyway, I bet you can get alot of information from Doug Jardi...

1841 CENSUS Look Up PLEASE - TYSOE, SHIPSTON ON STOUR Posted on: 13 Apr 2006, by D.Smith

Surnames > Styles

I would be grateful for any assistance PLEASE with an 1841 UK Census LOOK UP. I am searching for an entry in the 1841 Census for the following family living in Tysoe, (Shipston On Stour), Warwickshir...

STILES aka STYLES families of TYSOE, RATLEY, BARFORD, WARWICKSHIRE, ENGLAND Posted on: 11 Apr 2006, by D. Smith

Surnames > Stiles

Thomas STYLES married Mary GILKS on 23.11.1829 Ratley, Warwickshire, England: Children of Thomas STYLES and Mary GILKS are: 1. Sarah STYLES c. 15.8.1830 Ratley 2. Jesse STYLES c. 17.2.1833 Ratley. Jessie STY...

STYLES aka STILES families of TYSOE at RATLEY, WARWICKSHIRE, UK Posted on: 11 Apr 2006, by D. Smith

Surnames > Styles

Thomas STYLES married Mary GILKS on 23.11.1829 Ratley, Warwickshire, England: Children of Thomas STYLES and Mary GILKS are: 1. Sarah STYLES c. 15.8.1830 Ratley 2. Jesse STYLES c. 17.2.1833 Ratley. Jessie STY...

Re: STYLES-JARVIS- BIRMINGHAM-ENGLAND Posted on: 13 Apr 2006, by D. Smith

Surnames > Styles

Sadly Private HARRY STYLES did not return from overseas service during World War One. The details are as follows: In Memory of Private HARRY STYLES, 242708, 1/6th Bn., Royal Warwickshire Regiment, w...

Re: STYLES-JARVIS- BIRMINGHAM-ENGLAND Posted on: 13 Apr 2006, by D. Smith

Surnames > Styles

The Military Records for HARRY STYLES can be found at the National Archives ... Description Medal card of HARRY STYLES Corps Regiment No Rank Royal Warwickshire Regiment 242708 Private Date 1914...

Seeking Charles Wiggins Posted on: 11 Dec 1999, by C. A. Haddock

Surnames > Wiggins

I am looking for info on my desendent Charles Wiggins c. 10/3/1866 in Eng., m. to Emma Gilks, also born in Eng. They had at least one daughter, ALice, also born in Eng. They came to US and settled in Alleg...

per page