Search the Boards

Search Results for "GEDDES" - 3,194 Messages

per page

Thomas Giddis Posted on: 15 Jul 2000, by  JLCLARK

Surnames > Geddis

I haveinformation on the family of Thomas Giddis if you are interested. John Arthur Geddes, on of his decendants, was my husband's grandfather. Jan Clark

John A Geddes Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by  De_VelSimar

Surnames > Geddis

I am very interested in any information you may have on the descendants of John A Geddes more information please. Dean Simar

Geddis/Geddes/Gaddis/Cordner/Corner Posted on: 14 May 2002, by Sheila Thompson

Surnames > Geddis

Andrew Geddis married Elizabeth Cordner/Corner in Lurgan 4/22/1862. Their children; Alice born Portadown 3/8/1865, died shortly after Andrew 1867 William John 1874 Anne 1882 Nathaniel, Henry, jane or ...

Geddis/Geddes Posted on: 14 May 2002, by Sheila Thompson

Surnames > Geddis

Andrew Geddis, born 1819 married Alice Hannah abt 1838, Knockramer. Children; Andrew, 3/4/1836, Robert 1839, Nathaniel abt 1841, Alice, abt 1844, Ann Jane abt 1835, Wm John 8/21/1832, all I believe at...

Dora Gesses or Geddis Posted on: 26 Jul 2002, by  betwoody111

Surnames > Geddis

Looking for information on my great grandmother. She came to America at the age of 13, perhaps as a househelper. She came from Antrim, Ireland. Born in 1819. She lived in Ohio somewhere and marrie...

Re: Dora Gesses or Geddis Posted on: 26 Jul 2002, by E. H. Culp

Surnames > Geddis

Should read Geddes not Gesses. Please forgive mistake. Any help would be appreciated. E. H. Culp

Margaret Geddis/David Kentley(Cantley)-County Down,N.Ireland Posted on: 30 Aug 2002, by  sunmoonowl23

Surnames > Geddis

In doing our family research on Cantley/Kentley, we have come across the marriage of Margaret Geddis to David Kentley, County Down on 12-10-1869. If this marriage ties into your family, we would appre...

Samuel Gedis Posted on: 25 Jun 2003, by  dmiley2952

Surnames > Geddis

Am researching my ancestor Samuel Gedis(Geddis, Geddes) son of James Geddes son of Paul Geddes. Many genealogy entries have Samuel being born in Antrim N. Ireland in 1739 and dying in Pennsylvania in 1788. I've looke...

Re: Samuel Gedis Posted on: 06 Feb 2004, by  hannah47c

Surnames > Geddis

I have a fair amount of information on the Samuel Geddes that you refer to. I am descended from his brother, William, who had a farm in Cumberland County, PA. If you are still looking for information, perha...

Re: seeking descendents of Patrick Hamilton Geddis Posted on: 27 Jan 2005, by  mmpeck

Surnames > Geddis

Hi Fred, Thanks for responding. Dad used to tell us that Geddes was Scotch, Geddis was Irish.. I will get back to you tomorrow after talking to my bro. I take it you are living in the USA? Sincerely. Me...

Re: seeking descendents of Patrick Hamilton Geddis Posted on: 28 Jan 2005, by  mmpeck

Surnames > Geddis

...relatives in N. Ireland , or elsewhere. We don't know if he had any siblings. I did hear in Nov. from Jack Geddes, living in Scotland and think there's some relationship 300 yrs or so ago. It's hard isn't ...

Re: Margaret Vreeland b. 1804 Seneca Co., NY Posted on: 07 Aug 2001, by  bewilder

Surnames > Vreeland

I don't have a Margaret Vreeland in my database, but I do have info about a Vreeland family in Seneca Co NY between 1790 and 1830. All of the children I can trace came to Washtenaw Co MI about 1830. E...

Re: Jacob Vreeland Posted on: 20 Oct 2001, by  bewilder

Surnames > Vreeland

...know that his daughter, Matilda, married Mather Marvin in Romulus in 1812 and son ,Hugh, married Hannah Geddes in Romulus in 1827. The first family members went to Lodi Twp, Washtenaw, MI in 1829 and the r...

Re: Charles Larson Posted on: 06 Jan 2004, by  cjsmdr

Surnames > Larson

None of the names you mention sound familiar, however all the Boudreau's from LaAcadia are related somewhere along the line. I will keep your email and if I should find out anything of interest to you...

Re: PENTLAND - Scotland Posted on: 30 Dec 2003, by Sue

Surnames > Pentland

...Pentland, convict to Australia, I believe he was born 1815 Liberton the son of Robert Pentland & Jean Geddes as the convict tattoos often included the mothers initials and JG was tattooed on his arm als...

Re: PENTLAND - Scotland Posted on: 07 Feb 2004, by Howard Geddes

Surnames > Pentland

...(another!) Grizel KNIGHT. Have you anything on these families? (I have nothing to do with the Jean GEDDES you mention - mine are from Banffshire.) Regards Howard Geddes

Re: PENTLAND - Scotland Posted on: 19 Mar 2004, by  alb99

Surnames > Pentland

...crime of robbery, theft and theft by housebreaking Date 1833 Accused Robert Pentland, son of Jean Geddes who is not married to his father, Age: 17, carter, Address: Craigs, Liberton, Edinburgh, with mothe...

Re: PENTLAND - Scotland Posted on: 20 Mar 2004, by Sue Markovic

Surnames > Pentland

Good morning Albert, Thank you so much for the extra information, the fact that Jean Geddes wasn't married to Pentland may explain why I haven't been able to find further births for this family. I'll be v...

Re: PENTLAND - Scotland Posted on: 10 Jun 2004, by  Scottish_Gene...

Surnames > Pentland

...30th JUN 1815 in Liberton, Midlothian, Scotland. The father was Robert Pentland and the mother Jean Geddes and we have it confirmed a few years later, in 1833 when young Robert who it seems was named after...

Re: PENTLAND - Scotland / Ireland / Ontario Posted on: 04 Jul 2004, by Howard Geddes

Surnames > Pentland

Sue, Colin, have you come across this book, found in Ottawa public library 'many years ago'?: Pentland by George E Pentland, pub 1948: "An account of the descendants of Alexander Pentland [Sherif...

Article from The Charlotte Observer, 25 Nov 1963, online re Rena Pyatt Posted on: 27 Nov 2005, by  sassytazzy

Surnames > Pyatt

...is: South Carolina Wrecks Kill 6 Persons [Kenneth Lee Mizer, Patrick H. Griffin, Clyde Ray Howey, Fred Geddes Sr., John Henry Jones Jr., Rena Pyatt, Naomi Williams] See my transcription of the newspaper ar...

Jane Cruickshanks 1829 Scotland Posted on: 15 Apr 2000, by Linda Richardson

Surnames > Cruickshanks

I am seeking information on Jane Cruickshands born 1829 in Glasgow Scotland married Robert Geddes 1848 in Edinburgh Scotland, died 1888. Parents James or John Cruickshands mother Janet Colquhoun. I have bee...

Nicol from Banff Scot to NS Posted on: 26 Jan 2001, by Ann Nicoll Smallshaw

Surnames > Nicol

Trying to locate any descendants of George Ogilvie Nicol who left Banff,Scotland 1853-54 enroute to Clyde River Nova Scotia. His parents had been William Nicol & Anne Ogilvie. George O Nicol and H...

Nicol from Banff Scot to NS Posted on: 26 Jan 2001, by Ann Nicoll Smallshaw

Surnames > Nicol

Trying to locate any descendants of George Ogilvie Nicol who left Scotland 1853-54 enroute to Clyde River Nova Scotia. His parents had been William Nicol & Anne Ogilvie. George O Nicol and His wif...

Spence UK Posted on: 22 Jan 2000, by Nigel Pipe

Surnames > Spence

...are still a few Spences living in the north of Scotland but they also go under the name of Geddie and Geddes. I hope that this is of some help and that you could maybe e-mail me back sometime.

WATSON, TROTTER, SPENCE, Haddington, East Lothian Posted on: 31 Jan 2006, by  howard1581

Surnames > Spence

...Thomas TROTTER and Jannet SPENCE. I don't have any real clues as to the identity of Adam WATSON. Howard Geddes

Re: Fairbanks DAR Posted on: 20 Jul 2001, by  fiachadhr

Surnames > Fairbanks

...Butte, South Dakota); Lawrence, Fairbanks, Mail Carrier, Highway Worker and Farmer (b. 29 Mar 1904 Geddes, Charles Mix, South Dakota, d. May 1975 duPree, Ziebach, South Dakota); Dorothy Fairbanks (b. 1905 ...

Schuyler Posted on: 22 Dec 1999, by  STEAMBOAT GAL

Surnames > Schuyler

...Schuyler-b. 3-16-1845-d. 10-4-1845-----then I have a : Philip T. Schuyler-b. 3-1797-d. 6-18-1869--he lived in Geddes,NY after 1824: he married; Lana ( Becker)1825...their children: Anna Marie Schuyler..2. B...

Geddes Stahlman Cheves Posted on: 18 Dec 2000, by  gossett4

Surnames > Cheves

Would like to locate the daughter of Geddes Stahlman Cheves. Geddes died 9/3/1993 in Montgomery County, TX. Descendent of Captain James S. Tyner.

Re: Geddes Stahlman Cheves Posted on: 13 Feb 2004, by LEIGH ANNE CHEVES

Surnames > Cheves

Leigh Anne Cheves is the daughter of Geddes and lives in Cypress,Texas

Re: Geddes Stahlman Cheves Posted on: 10 Aug 2006, by leigh anne

Surnames > Cheves

I am the daughter or Geddes cheves. I live in beaumont texas now. if you would like to contact me please email me,

ROWELL, NORMAN in Missouri Posted on: 23 Apr 2002, by  westernwhiz

Surnames > Rowell

...----- Children: Errett NORMAN (b 1882 Missouri, d 1933 Santa Paula, California), Fenton NORMAN (b 1888 Geddes, Charles Mix, SD; d 1933, Phoenix, Arizona), Nima NORMAN (b 1898 Geddes, SD; death unknown), 1 boy (b ...

IN/Greene Co Marriages Posted on: 16 Aug 1999, by  Pamela_StormW...

Surnames > Storm

Source: 1983 Letter to me from a researcher in Bloomfield, Greene County, IN. His listed source was the "Greene County Marriage Index, 1821 to 1920." Ann STORM to Hiram L. MORGAN, July 29, ...

Leonard - Case Connection Posted on: 24 Sep 2000, by  bighat

Surnames > Leonard

...and wondered if you had come across Susan Pitney Leonard who m. Warren William Case b.1790 d.1883 in Geddes, NY. I believe this Susan may have been born in PA, likely Pike or Wayne Co. Warren Case descends ...

ANDREW ANDERSON-Nova Scotia Posted on: 16 Feb 2003, by  Rik_Clark

Surnames > Anderson

...ANSDREW ANDERSON born Lanarkshire district, Scotland and died in PICTOU Co. Nova Scotia. He married JANET GEDDES. I know of on dau ELEANOR (NELLIE) b. 1793 who married BENJAMIN TURNBULL in 1811.

Seeking Kimberly Rifner / Anderson info/geddes/quillen/greene co,Indiana Posted on: 10 Jul 2006, by  pdgk

Surnames > Anderson

...grt grandparents were Andrew Anderson and Mary ann Quillen of Greene co, Indiana. My maiden name is Geddes... or if anyone out there has any info on this line or the surnames below who were all living in G...

Anderson family with Embree and Urquhart connections in St. Louis Posted on: 11 Oct 2006, by  colin1972

Surnames > Anderson

...are Nathan N. Embree and Terace Cartano. The parents of Jessie Urquhart are John Urquhart and Jessie Geddes. If anyone sees any connections to the above families, I look forward to hearing from you!

Re: Re: DUPONT'S FROM HOLYOKE, MA & CANADA Posted on: 18 Nov 2001, by Jane

Surnames > Dupont

G.G. duPont is Wilfred du Pont & Caroline Sophie Geddes son. First name Gilbert.These duPonts are from the South and orginally from France. They resided in S.C. for most of their of lives.

DuPonts of Ga. Posted on: 30 Aug 2001, by  bebe99

Surnames > Dupont

...grandfather. I am looking for his parents.or siblings. He was married twice. 1st wife was Caroline Sohpia Geddes , 2 wife was Sarah Anne Fogartie

WARREN _ Irene May, died January 15, 2000, New Westminster, BC, age 83. Posted on: 24 Mar 2000, by obit@hotmail.com

Surnames > Warren

...Saturday, January 15, 2000, at the age of 83. Predeceased by her husband, Jack and her sister, Jean Geddes. Survived by her loving friends, Gordon, Deidre, and Patti Hunter; and many other friends. A memori...

Re: Mutches of Ellon Posted on: 01 Nov 2004, by Valerie Campbell

Surnames > Mutch

...same John. I'm lookin for John, born 5 June 1883 to James Mutch (Oct 1851 - 10 Dec 1890) and Christina Geddes (1850 - 1898) one of 11 children, the youngest Andrew being born in Feb 1891 after James had die...

Re: Mutches of Ellon Posted on: 02 Nov 2004, by Ken Plantz

Surnames > Mutch

...grandfather is the one of who you are looking for. One of his children who died at birth was named Rodney Geddes Mutch. My mother is one of John's daughters and I asked her and she said yes indeed her grand...

Mutch, Co.Sligo Posted on: 21 Nov 2005, by  Popsaday

Surnames > Mutch

My GT GT Grandfather was George Mutch married to Eliza Geddes b 1825, they had Mary Emma Mutch b 1845 in Sligo, who married Alexander Hamilton from Glasgow in 1863. Does anyone know this line?

Oibt. Adam Osborne Posted on: 01 Apr 2004, by  kayrom63

Surnames > Osborne

...in Kodiakanal, India, after a series of strokes caused by a brain disorder, his first wife, Cynthia Geddes, said. Geddes said Mr. Osborne came up with the concept of a portable computer that he began selling in ...

Re: Ellis Milam Mahone Posted on: 16 Aug 2006, by paul young

Surnames > Mahone

in reply to vickie m. geddes - hello cuz. remember me? i'm one of your aunt jerry's sons, if you find out anything let me know.

WALLACE/NIVEN Posted on: 29 Oct 2000, by  normachantler

Surnames > Wallace

...JOHN Nov 18/48; JANE Mar 24/56; ANN SMITH Sept 26/58; JANET DAND Oct 20/61; JAMES Apr 30/64 and HENRY GEDDES May 30/67. Now the name ...

Mary Chalmers Wallace Angus Reekie Niven Posted on: 23 Nov 2000, by  normachantler

Surnames > Wallace

...Wallace Mar 24/56; Ann Smith Wallace Sept 25/58; Janet Dand Oct 20/61; James Wallace Apr 30/64 and Henry Geddes Wallace May 30/67. The parents of WILLIAM WALLACE father of MARY CHALMERS WALLACE, was DAVID W...

Knowles, Geddes Posted on: 31 Aug 2003, by  @@shirleys@ti...

Surnames > Knowles

Looking for information about Lewis Knowles and Susan Geddes. They were living in Roxbury township, Washington Co,OH in 1850 census. Lewis age 40 Susan " 29 Edward 5 Charles 3 Tamson 1 Living nex...

Descendants of Katherine Platter Moss, dau of Chas H Platter of Dallas, TX, USA Posted on: 31 Jan 2004, by  Virginia_Swai...

Surnames > Platter

...from Louisiana. Their daughter was know as "kitty" Moss. Kitty had a daughter named Cathy Geddes. I would like to find her.

James Kentley Posted on: 05 Apr 2001, by Patti

Surnames > Halberstadt

...the line. Kentley is not a common name as far as I can tell. The info I have presently is: Margaret Geddes married David Kentley(Kantley) in Rathfriland, Northern Ireland. They had the following children: G...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions