Search the Boards

Search Results for "SCRIMGEOUR" - 271 Messages

per page

Re: SCRIMSHAW Posted on: 06 Mar 2004, by Marjorie Peek

Surnames > Scrimshaw

...explanation of the name Scrimshaw. I am a second-hand dealer and Scrimshaw immediately suggests "scrimgeour" which used to be the term used for the carving by sailors of whales teeth, but now is accep...

Scrimgeour Angus & family, Balmerino/Kilmany, Fife Posted on: 26 May 2003, by  merlepalmer1

Surnames > Angus

Looking for information on Scrimgeour Angus who married Betty Hutchison in 1809. Children William b1821 m Catherine Thomson 1854. (my gt-gt grandparents) Janet b1824 m Alexander Patrick Thomson 1844 & Anne...

Koopmann in Australia Posted on: 01 Nov 2005, by  jayann64

Surnames > Koopmann

...Koopmann b.1838 Holstein Denmark d. 1885 Bendigo Victoria Australia. Johann married my great Aunt Janet Scrimgeour and they had 4 children. Any info would be greatfully appreciated. Regards Cherylle

Thomas Rue & Margaret Sim m 1811 Perthshire. Posted on: 25 Apr 2004, by  johnfmcswan1

Surnames > Rue

I am looking for information and descendants of this couple. They had 10 children - 1. Mary b1811, 2. Isabel b1813, 3. James b1817, 4. Elizabeth b1819, 5. Margaret b 1821, 6. Catherine b 1823, 7. Amel...

Stewart's of Leith Posted on: 24 Dec 2003, by  AJPALLISTER

Surnames > Stewart

...Leith area. They had a few children....Jane Stewart, John Stewart, McKenzie Alexander, Jemima, Robert Scrimgeour & Stewart Alexander. All I know of Jane Stewart was her father Charles Stewart..a rather com...

Alexander Stewart, d 1891 @ Drum of Kincairney, Caputh, Perthshire, SCT Posted on: 05 Aug 2003, by Richard Ball

Surnames > Stewart

Alexander Stewart, a farmer at Drum of Kincairney in the Caputh parish in Perthshire, Scotland, died Sept 15, 1891 at the Drum of Kincairney. I believe this Alexander is my great grandmother's brothe...

Joesph Forrester married Marjory Cock Scotland Posted on: 30 Jun 2001, by  shakin_us

Surnames > Forrester

...only know the country Scotland. They had a daughter Janet Forrester that married in 1848 to George Scrimgeour(born 1824). In the district of Tibbermore. I would appreciate the help if anyone has any informat...

WALLS Posted on: 07 Jan 2007, by  mjd1940

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Clackmannanshire > General

...Meiklejohn b at 1788 also Clack, or Perth. They had a son William Walls b 21 Feb 1821, who married Catherine Scrimgeour on 9 Dec 1842. Anyone out there who has thes people in their trees?

Re: Walls - Hamilton (Glasgow? to Australia) Posted on: 04 Feb 2007, by  mjd1940

Surnames > Walls

...family who may have come to Aust. He was Peter Walls, b abt 1847, son of William Walls and Catherine Scrimgeour. Peter was married to Janet Harrower (a colourful character in her own right) Peter and Janet had ...

John Coode and Nancy Ann King Posted on: 06 Feb 2007, by  VernonLeeCude

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Fairfax

Before 1653 the Fairfax County area was in Northumberland County. Then it became part of Westmoreland County until 1664, when Stafford County was created. It remained part of Stafford County until 173...

Henrietta Buckley - 1698 will of Joseph Hardige (Hardwick, etc) Posted on: 06 Feb 2007, by  theark

Surnames > Buckley

Who is Henrietta Buckley named in will of Joseph Hardige? She is to receive her mother's trunk from him? To Henrietta BUCKLY her monther's trunk.... This information was extracted from a recent post ...

Re: Gollan family in Australia? Posted on: 04 May 2007, by  Mary_Petite

Surnames > Gollan

Kathi, I believe I've written to either you or replied years ago to David Scrimgeour. I think he said that his gggrandfather was James Gollan and Margaret Adams. Other siblings were Alexander and Isobel? My...

Re: Gollan family in Australia? Posted on: 09 May 2007, by  kjscrim_1

Surnames > Gollan

...I am not aware of any Fletchers in the family history that I have. Interesting link there with the Scrimgeour name...my brother-in-law is a David...fortunatly I think you would have spoken with another David. ...

William Scrimgeour 1857 Perthshire, Scotland Posted on: 15 May 2007, by  PatriciaMore

Surnames > Scrimgeour

...William. m a Grace Johnston in Argyll 1895. 2 children Grace 1896 and Donald 1900 William's parents Donald Scrimgeour b c 1796 Little Dunkeld Perthshire and Jean (Janet) Duff b c 1819 Logierait. Donald's parent...

William Scrimgeour b 1857 Perth - Family back to Little Dunkeld 1767 Posted on: 15 May 2007, by  PatriciaMore

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Perthshire > General

...William. m a Grace Johnston in Argyll 1895. 2 children Grace 1896 and Donald 1900 William's parents Donald Scrimgeour b c 1796 Little Dunkeld Perthshire and Jean (Janet) Duff b c 1819 Logierait. Donald's paren...

Scrimgeour - One family so many places Posted on: 28 May 2007, by  onpawsfamily

Surnames > Scrimgeour

I have a pretty detailed Scrimgeour family tree. David Scrimgeour (bn cira 1811 Renfrewshire) married Margaret Colquhoun in 1837 in Neilston Renfrewshire Scotland. They had: 1) Elisabeth Scrimgeour (bn cira 1837) married James ...

SCRIMGEOUR: David McLagan Scimgeour 1.apr,2007 Posted on: 31 May 2007, by  666888

Topics > Obituaries

Air Cdre David Scrimgeour Last Updated: 12:01am BST 23/05/2007 The Telegraph.co.uk Air Commodore David Scrimgeour, who has died aged 79, commanded a unique multi-national squadron. The squadron he led developed the...

Re: Scrimgeour - One family so many places Posted on: 20 Jun 2007, by  bobvaltressle...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

...Ancestry.Com but have been in having a look around. I do have some information on Genes Reunited. James Scrimgeour was my great grandfather, married to Susana Orr. Their daughter Bella Scrimgeour was my grandmother ...

Re: finding any relatives Posted on: 15 Jul 2007, by  bobvaltressle...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Fairfield

...descendants of my mother's mother who came to New Zealand from Aberdeen in 1922. her name was Bella Scrimgeour. She had a sister Elizabeth Scrimgeour, daughter of James Scrimgeour and Susannah Orr, born 6 February 1865 in Greenoc...

Re: Chester Raleigh Hatcher Posted on: 29 Jul 2007, by  onpawsfamily

Surnames > Hatcher

Hi, I'm interested in Raleigh William Hatcher. From current research I believe he married Alicia Hamilton Fisher. I am trying to find desendants of Alicia Hamilton Fisher. Any help that you could ...

SCRIMGEOURs, McNEILLs, DUNLOPs & BARTHOLOMEWs in Ahoghill or greater Ballymena Posted on: 08 Aug 2007, by  lydige

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Antrim > General

Various spellings of this protestant Scrimgeour family name include: Scrimagour, Scrimager, Scriminger & Scrimmager. My known ancestors were: John Scrimagour (b. ca 1820) of Ballymena m. ? Thomas Scrimag...

Re: Mary Belknap and Derick Ammerman Posted on: 10 Sep 2007, by  historynw

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Orange

3/12/1786Amerman,Henry Amerman,Derick son to(see Ombaman) 7/17/1791Amerman,Jane Amerman,Derick daughter of 3/10/1790Amerman,Mary Amerman,Derick daughter of 3/10/1790Amerman,Peter Amerman,Derick son of...

Re: Parishes of Crieff , Fowlis and Muthill Posted on: 16 Sep 2007, by  mum6kids

thomas clark 1870 was my gg grandfather his sister christina married a scrimgeour adn annie norrie his mother was my ggg grandmother.i have lots of infromation on the clarks, scrimgeours, norries, grubbs, clark...

Re: grandmother MICHIE Isabella Templeman and Scrimagour Posted on: 13 Oct 2007, by  elizabethdhan...

Surnames > Michie

You are SO Lucky!! It seems that the LDS filmed the Arbroath records Henrys birth is also on IGI. None of my family from Scotland is extracted. Your Dad really did you proud!! I found William Templ...

Perthshire to Dunoon, Argyll to Glasgow Posted on: 18 Mar 2008, by  PatriciaMore

Surnames > Scrymgeour

William Scrimgeour b 1857 Perth, Perthshire. Parents Donald S 1796-1878 & Jean Duff b1819 (had 6 children Ann1838 John1844 Jean1845 James1846 Alex1852 and Will1857 ). William Scrimgeour a Baker married Grace Johnston...

Scrimgeour - Perthshire to Dunoon Posted on: 19 Mar 2008, by  PatriciaMore

...Grace Johnston in Dunoon Argyll 1895. 2 children Grace 1896 and Donald 1900. William's parents Donald Scrimgeour b c 1796 Little Dunkeld Perthshire and Jean (Janet) Duff b c 1819 Logierait. Donald's parents Ja...

Re: George Gall Posted on: 05 May 2008, by  jmgrgr1

Surnames > Gall

...Helen Jane Gall born 22Nov1868 at Kirkden, Angus 2. James Williams Gall born 11may1870 at Kirkden 3. Ann Scrimgeour Gall b. 01mar1872 at Kirken 4. William Gall b. 20mar1874 at Kirkden William Morrison married ...

Re: George Gall Posted on: 05 May 2008, by  jmgrgr1

Surnames > Gall

...Helen Jane Gall born 22Nov1868 at Kirkden, Angus 2. James Williams Gall born 11may1870 at Kirkden 3. Ann Scrimgeour Gall b. 01mar1872 at Kirken 4. William Gall b. 20mar1874 at Kirkden William Morrison married ...

SCRIMGEOUR of Perth, Scotland, 18th-19thC Posted on: 23 May 2008, by  cgpigott

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Seeking any descendents of John SCRIMGEOUR, Taylor in Pomarium, Perth, Perthshire, by his spouse Janet OGILVY. John was found dead, 28 Mar 1840; buried Perth, 31 Mar, aged 75, Taylor. John & Janet were ma...

MACLAGAN of Perthshire Posted on: 23 May 2008, by  cgpigott

Surnames > MacLagan

...May 1818, aged 68), & his spouse Helen CRICHTON. Thomas marr Perth, 2 May 1817, Beatrix (Betty) SCRIMGEOUR, with issue, including a son Robert (b 1824, d 1893). ...

Alexander SCRIMGEOUR m. Mary MCROSTIE 3 Feb 1833 Methven, Perthshire, Scotland. Posted on: 24 Apr 2001, by  Carol Leatham

Surnames > Scrimgeour

My SCRIMGEOUR G2gparents are Alexander SCRIMGEOUR m. Mary MCROSTIE 3 Feb 1833 in Methven. The best match I've found in the IGI for Alexander is one baptised 6 Dec 1802 at Fowlis Wester to David SCRIM and Janet VICARS. ...

Catherine Scrimgeour b Methven, Perthshire, SCO 1850's (d/o Scrimgeour McRostie) Posted on: 24 Apr 2001, by  Carol Leatham

Surnames > Scrimgeour

I am interested in descendants of Catherine as she is a sister of my Ggf John SCRIMGEOUR (b 3 Jul 1852, Methven). John and his older brother Alexander emigrated to New Zealand. I have many descendants for them...

Catherine (Kitty)Scrimgeour who was born Dundee abt 1800 Posted on: 19 May 2000, by Kathy McCullough

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Needing any info on Catherine (Kitty)Scrimgeour who was born in Dundee ca 1800. Was married three times, McLean, Reid and Alexander Campbell from Inverary. Alex is my gg gfather. Kitty and Alex had a son, Alex...

decendents of Donald Scrimgeour and Hilda Newton, married in Wallasey, Lancs, England 1945 Posted on: 25 Sep 2006, by  kmwjordan

Topics > Lost Family & Friends > Unknown

Anyone know of decendents of Donald Scrimgeour and Hilda Newton, married in Wallasey in 1945? I know they had a daughter named Linda, whose last name may now be Murphy, and am wondering if any others are out th...

Malcolm Leslie Scrimgeour Posted on: 18 Jul 2003, by David Scrimgeour

Topics > Lost Family & Friends > Unknown

Anyone with any knowledge of Malcolm Leslie Scrimgeour, former PO on HMS Eagle, c 1956, please contact author.

Robert and Maud Caroline Silvey Posted on: 12 Jul 2008, by  nedeverett

Surnames > Silvey

Looking for descendants of Robert and Maude Caroline Silvey, married in Swaffham, Norfolk, UK in 1895 and known to have two daughter, Kathleen Grace, b. 1896 and Maude Nora, born 1900. Maude's birth ...

Phyllis BYWAY b. 1902 m. Harold TALBOT 1924 West Derby, Lancashire Posted on: 18 Jul 2008, by  fuzzyduk

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

I'm looking for any information on a Phyllis Scrimgeour Akers Byway b-06/02/1902 daughter of Harry Akers Byway and Marjorie Scrimgeour Mann. I have a M/cert giving details of her marriage to a Harold Ernest Talbot on 02/...

Re: Garner family from Birmingham England Posted on: 29 Oct 2008, by  pgarnerto644

Surnames > Garner

...answers which you may be able to help with. Please e-mail me direct at pgarnerto@gmail.com. Which of the Scrimgeour children are you related to?

Re: Scrimsher Surname - Reply from Wendy Campbell Posted on: 21 Nov 2008, by  SueMunn1944

Surnames > Scrimsher

...Scotland where I got to see and tour the Dudhope Castle which originally belonged to Alexander Scrimsher (Scrimgeour).

Re: MARR'S of CRAMOND, Edinburgh Posted on: 01 Dec 2008, by  spbork2

Surnames > Marr

Diane, I have a connection to your Henry who was bp 20 Jun 1813, Cramond, s/John Marr & Agnes Scrimgeour. His father, John Marr/Mawers, bp 28 Jun 1772 s/John Marr/Mawers & Agnes/Nanne Buchanan s/Geo...

Re: SCRIMGEOUR of Perth, Scotland, 18th-19thC Posted on: 07 Feb 2009, by  sandyscrimgeo...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Hi Chris, I'm delighted to read your post. John and Janet are indeed on my family tree. I am a descendent through Robert. Incidentally, I still stay in Perth, and the former Gaelic Chapel is now a ni...

Re: Need to find death info. Posted on: 17 Feb 2009, by  jogregory121

Localities > Oceania > New Zealand > Wellington

...the Taranaki area: __________________________________________________________ The Empire Hotel (A. C. Scrimgeour, proprietor), Waipawa. This hotel was established many years ago, and is a large wooden building...

Re: Book: Lauder Family--A genealogy of the Lauders who came from Scotland in 1820 Posted on: 13 Mar 2009, by  admin1454

Surnames > Lauder

I am a descendant of Amelia Lauder (b. 1770 approx) & John Scrimgeour, married in Clunie, Perthshire. I believe Amelia was the daughter of George Lauder and Elizabeth Clerk from Little Dunkeld, Perthshire...

Re: Helen LAUDER Clunie/Caputh Posted on: 13 Mar 2009, by  admin1454

Surnames > Lauder

...repost what I put in another thread here: I am a descendant of Amelia Lauder (b. 1770 approx) & John Scrimgeour, married 1806 in Clunie, Perthshire. I believe Amelia was the daughter of George Lauder and ...

Re: Maltman 1855 Births, Scotland Posted on: 29 Apr 2009, by  Meg Greenwood

Surnames > Maltman

Here are all the Births in Scotland in 1855 for anyone named MALTMAN. Seems the format is in a large paragraph, I Skipped lines between entries,it may not show properly. Apologies if its a long paragr...

Re: William Scrimgeour 1857 Perthshire, Scotland Posted on: 02 Sep 2009, by  marionbowes

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Hi Tricia I have got a marriage certificate for a catherine scrimgeour who was married in 1859 at Logierait, her father was a James and her mother was a Isabella Duff, they could be related to your william and...

Re: Connections between Scotlands Scrimgeours and USAs Schrimshers Posted on: 06 Sep 2009, by  JoyBarefoot50...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

It's now 2009 and I just saw your post. I am a USA descendent of James E.(Early for some) Schrimsher line, earliest known about 1800 in Kentucky. I yearn to find a connection between these families....

Barbara Balis DEXTER LOHSE SCRIMGEOUR (1917-2002) (obit.) Posted on: 31 Jul 2002, by  PeggyBPerazzo

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Barbara Balis Dexter Lohse Scrimgeour Barbara Balis Dexter Lohse Scrimgeour, of San Rafael, died Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at age 84. Mrs. Scrimgeour was born on Oct. 25, 1917, in Montague. She graduated from Woodland High School a...

Re: Watsons of Inchture Posted on: 06 Oct 2009, by  Grace Eileen ...

...them at home while they were small. I'm descended from Agnes Watson's illegitimate son, William Watson Scrimgeour (who did get a father's name, the one I bear). One of Charles' sons, another Charles, stayed in ...

Re: Scrimgeour-Newton Posted on: 02 Nov 2009, by  bobvaltressle...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > Yorkshire - East Riding > General

Presume you have gathered more information by now, but if not, please contact me on bobvaltressler@xtra.co.nz Val Tressler

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions