Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "PAISLEY" - 8,482 Messages

per page

Re: andrew pollock hill? Posted on: 07 Feb 2011, by  spollockhill1

Surnames > Hill

...have full information of this branch of the Pollock and family going back to 1080 in Scotland, near paisley.

Re: kennies of new brunswick Posted on: 26 Jan 2011, by  earlysmom1

Surnames > Kennie

...maternal grandparents. are you related to them? do you have any more information on either the kennie or paisley family lines?

Re: COAT(E)S Posted on: 11 Jan 2011, by  Elddau1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Renfrewshire > General

Bob, not sure if you are still using this log-in? I am descended from James McEwan b.1823 in Paisley, Renfrewshire, son of George McEwan and Elizabeth Coats/Coates. There is a family connection here someho...

Michael Carey & Mary Masterson; Ireland > Scotland Posted on: 09 Jan 2011, by  theweeeyin61

Surnames > Carey

...MARY MASTERSON born 1859 Co. Mayo. I found her on the 1881 census (Scotland).She was aged 22 living in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Cant find any records of MICHEAL can anyone please help...... Christi...

May 2010 - Music FH and Miles-Odum FH Obituaries Posted on: 05 Jan 2011, by  redbirdacres1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Ware

Ware County, Georgia USA Obituaries May 2010 ********** Music Funeral Home ********** Melinda Meeks Morgan Born in Brunswick, Glynn Co, GA on Mar. 13, 1967 Departed on May 6, 2010 and resided in W...

SOMMERVILLE/CRAIG Posted on: 13 Jun 1998, by  DennisBuckman

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Argyll > General

...have been able to find that ties in with this date is between Robert Summerville and Agness Craig at Paisley Middle Church in 1792. I would like to find other living descendants of this couple. My great gran...

reply to Susan Brodie Liddell Posted on: 01 Jan 2001, by  rsbrodie

Surnames > Brodie

...from where in Scotland the family came from I am not totally sure, but I have a lead that goes back to Paisley in Scotland, they have a Web pg. (www.paisleyscotland.org) worthy of a visit, I downloaded the c...

Where to research in Scotland Posted on: 23 Jan 2011, by  Gilmitjac

...refresh my memory on what locations are included in "Strathclyde"? I know the center had Paisley records but I forget which other locations were included. I'm specifically interested in Glasgow an...

Re: INFO TO SHARE Posted on: 07 Jan 2011, by  MarionCrofts1...

Surnames > Fulton

...you have any more information? I have several Fultons, and several gaps!! Mine originate mainly in Paisley, Refrewshire, Scotland, and date back to John Fulton born 1752 in Stirlingshire. Any connection h...

Do you have an example that actually makes your point? Posted on: 12 Jan 2011, by  BobNY

Topics > Ancestry > com > Ancestry Site Comments

...give, Column 33 asks for place of birth and the passenger response is Country-Scotland; City or Town- Paisley. (Accurate transcription is not an ACOM forte.)

Jane Eaglesham (Later Wallace) of Paisley Posted on: 20 Jan 2011, by  mccallumryan1

Surnames > Eaglesham

...Looking for further information on A Jane/Jean Eaglesham/Eaglesome who Married an Archibald Wallace in Paisley in 1805. I Do not know Her Parents Names. I presume she was a native of Paisley, but whats puzzling is ...

LAMBIE, IRVINE, BENNIE, MERRY, MCALLISTER Posted on: 03 May 1998, by  NettieJHill

Surnames > Lambie

...daughter of Henry and Elizabeth. John and Margaret had a daughter Jeanie Irvine b. March 17, 1884 in Paisley, Scotland. Jeanie Irvine m. William Murray McAllister b. Glasgow, Scotland June 10,1886

Re: information on the origins of the Coates family Posted on: 11 Jan 2011, by  Elddau1

Surnames > Coates

I am descended from James McEwan, son of George McEwan and Elizabeth Coats/Coates of Paisley, Scotland. There is a family connection here somehow to the Coates thread company in Paisley, as my grandmother received ...

Re: Salem Presbyterian Cemetery - Elderslie Twp. Posted on: 24 Jan 2011, by  satch42179

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Bruce

...died 20 Jan 1925, d/o Wm Heath & no name Livingstone both b Ireland, informant: Jos Haney, son, of Paisley, burial: Salem, Elderslie Tsp, died of old age and hypostatic pneumonia. Did not find a death ...

May Brash Posted on: 09 Jan 2011, by  D_Madderson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Clinton

...permanent, She went to stay with a Christina Campbell and husband in Swissdale.She stated born in Paisley, Scotland, but sailed from England, I would like to know if she married in the US,So if some ...

John Irvine, born Ireland,a shoemaker, married Mary Jones, son married in Scotland 1800s Posted on: 01 Jan 2011, by  cherylai9

Surnames > Irvine

...married Mary Jones and had a son that I know of, John Irvine, John married Ellen Clark (aka Helen) in Paisley, Scotland in 1863. Ellen was also born in Ireland. Could anyone shed any light on where in Irel...

ALGEO in DONAGHMORE (and Donegal in general) Posted on: 28 Dec 2010, by  SantaTraugott

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Donegal > General

...that I know of so far. I believe that they originated in Donegal through Robert Algeo who came from Paisley about 1614 with Sir George Hamilton, to northwest Tyrone. I would be interested in correspondi...

muldoon gilmour Posted on: 31 Dec 2000, by james k muldoon

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...glasford(strathaven) with his sister jane,they were children of neil muldoon + elizabeth McGuire who married in paisley 8th july 1854 also a john muldoon married betsy ??? in middle paisley 1854 john was a 24 yr ol...

McAtee of Scotland or Ireland Posted on: 31 Dec 2000, by  Stacker2

Surnames > McAtee

...daughters birth cert. it said they were married in Ireland but at the time of the birth they were living in Paisley, Renfrew County, Scotland. Their children where Catherine, Margaret, James, John, Jane Wi...

McCann in Scotland Posted on: 31 Dec 2000, by  Stacker2

Surnames > McCann

...family that lived in Scotland in the 1800's. George McCann married Catherine McAtee were living in Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland. Their children were Catherine, Margaret, James, John, Jane James. George's par...

Re: Frame Posted on: 16 Dec 2010, by  ColeenChriste...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...pretty common, but Frame less so. Family of John Brown ------------------------- 1-John Brown b. 1815, Paisley, Renfrewshire, d. After 1880, Lanark, WI +Jean "Jennie" Frame b. Abt 1819, Paisley, Renfre...

Re: FRAME Surname Posted on: 16 Dec 2010, by  ColeenChriste...

...US. Any chance of a connection? Family of John Brown ------------------------- 1-John Brown b. 1815, Paisley, Renfrewshire, d. After 1880, Lanark, WI +Jean "Jennie" Frame b. Abt 1819, Paisley, Renfrews...

Bernard Gallagher Posted on: 21 Dec 2010, by  robertparker2...

Surnames > Gallagher

...in 1980 and is layed to rest with Bernard in Philadelphia. Bernard came (we beleive) from Scotland (paisley) but is thought to be of Irish decent. His father name might of been James and Mother Mary (possibl...

Re: Jewish ancestry search Posted on: 16 Dec 2010, by  lovingthegosp...

Topics > Religions and Religious > Jewish > Jewish Roots

my dads name is paslay his dads name was paisley i have heard they are from germany polish but i dont know time frame.

Re: Jewish ancestry search Posted on: 16 Dec 2010, by  lovingthegosp...

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Jewish > Jewish Roots

my dads name is paslay his dads name was paisley i have heard they are from germany polish but i dont know time frame.

Kemp Family from Franklin County, VA & Callaway County, MO Posted on: 15 Dec 2010, by  David1s548dr4...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Franklin

...Musgrove , Muzzy , Netherland , Neuschwanger (Powers) , Neuschwanger , Newsome , Noland , Nymans , Oliver , Paisley , Pasley , Picker , Powers , Rankin , Rath , Reising , Ripetto , Ritter , Ross , Salle , Sa...

Kemp Family from Callaway County, MO & Franklin County, VA Posted on: 15 Dec 2010, by  David1s548dr4...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Callaway

...Musgrove , Muzzy , Netherland , Neuschwanger (Powers) , Neuschwanger , Newsome , Noland , Nymans , Oliver , Paisley , Pasley , Picker , Powers , Rankin , Rath , Reising , Ripetto , Ritter , Ross , Salle , Sa...

Re: Fulton lineage Posted on: 15 Oct 2011, by  Yukon7811

Surnames > Fulton

Hi- My Greatuncle was David Fulton, he was born in Paisley, Scotland, Jun 11 1888. He moved to the US, arrived 18 March 1910. And he married Elizabeth Lydia Slow, who was the sister of my Maternal Grandmothe...

Re: Ralston Posted on: 10 Aug 2011, by  mjexpress

Surnames > Ralson

Sorry, John Ralston's birth registration at Abbey Paisley, (I have copy of registration from GRO)shows Sept. Birth was probably Aug. as you stated. MJ

Devlin/McLaughlins from Ireland/Scotland to Macoupin Illinois/North Dakota Posted on: 13 Oct 2011, by  kdmonks

Surnames > Devlin

...beginning with Francis Devlin born in 1831 in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland who subsequently moved to Paisley, Renfrewshire Scotland and married Elizabeth McLaughlin, born in Ayrshire, Scotland in 1832...

Re: Malcolm McIntyre & Janet McDougall, Greenock, Scotland Posted on: 27 Sep 2011, by  kccjf

Surnames > McIntyre

Good luck. Christina married John Soudan in Paisley and then they moved to Campbeltown where the Soudans stayed and where my husband is from. My email is katerenton@gmail.com. Let me know if you discover ...

Re: CRADDOCK, Frederick James - Canada, 1906+ Posted on: 16 Jun 2011, by  Kafinkee

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Brant

..."Craddock" on Canada 411 and see two listed in Brantford. In this area, there are a few in Paisley.

Re: John COLQHOUN m. Christian THOMSON Gorbals 1822, ch: Agnes, James, Daniel, Christina, Janet, John, Duncan, Mary Ann Posted on: 23 Oct 2011, by  cocksie

Surnames > Colquhoun

...grandfather), if you are still interested in tracing this family. In addition: John Colquhoun chr 8 Jul 1798 Paisley High Church, Refrewshire, parents James Colquhoun & Jean Dougald. I believe he died ...

Ormsby - Paisley, Scotland Posted on: 11 Jan 2001, by s. caldwell

Surnames > Ormsby

...McGuire, Ormsby. I've come across his parents - Patrick Ormsby Catherine McCafferty. They were married in Paisley in 1881. Am I correct that you are presently living in Paisley. If so, is it possible that your rel...

woodifield of west hartlepool Posted on: 07 Jul 2011, by  grendav2001

Surnames > Woodifield

...woodifield researchers. the baptism at christ church, west hartlepool, on 24 june 1855: margaret jane paisley woodifield, born 3 june 1855, daughter of william paisley and jane woodifield, albert street, west hart...

Dougald Kennedy (1752-1783 of Kilkerran, Dailly, Ayrshire Posted on: 08 Sep 2011, by  T_Kirouac

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

...Dailly),so there may have been a few earlier in their marriage. Marion was from Beith, Ayrshire and moved to Paisley after Dougald's death. I can't find birth/baptisms for either Dougald or Marion. Since th...

Re: Crone surname Posted on: 28 Sep 2011, by  paddy4237

Surnames > Crone

Edward Crone the Man That Never Was Patrick Dugan and Debra Lenihan/Lenaghan arrived in Scotland from County Down Ireland with their family and others, around the time of the Great Potato Famine 1849...

Alexander Blair and Jean Sproul Posted on: 16 Oct 2011, by  John Blair

Surnames > Blair

Until 3 days ago I knew very little about Alexander Blair (brother of my gr-gr grandfather, Peter Blair) other than he was born 07 Dec 1797 in Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland, the son of Peter Blai...

thomson - stewart Posted on: 24 Nov 2011, by  kingtonmagna

Surnames > Thomson

John Thomson married Ann Stewart at the High church in Paisley 25 febuary 1853 and they had several children. They also lived in Glasgow. Anns father was Allan Stewart & Isabel Rose. I would like to cont...

William Gemmill b 1789-90 in Paisley, Scotland Posted on: 15 Jun 2011, by  jljones22

Surnames > Gemmill

I am looking for William Gemmill b 1789-90 in Paisley, Ayrshire,Scotland and d. in Washington, Iowa, USA. And his parents. I cannot find them anywhere. The information on other family trees that I have seen ...

Sharon United Church Records Posted on: 13 Aug 2011, by  kimbarlow97

Localities > North America > Canada > Nova Scotia > Colchester

...information on a decendant, Robert Cheyne Stevenson who was married to Catherine Jollimore, Robert was born in Paisley Scotland sometime around 1793 and died on Sept 2, 1875 and is buried in Sharon United Ch...

Re: John Fulton: High Paisley, 1800 - 1849 Posted on: 15 Oct 2011, by  Yukon7811

Surnames > Fulton

Hi! My Grandfather was John Fulton, born in Paisley 1896-1976 in Buffalo, NY. His father was John Fulton 1854-1914,married Mary Laughlin (the spelling of her last name varies a bit- her brothers spelled it d...

Sharon United Church Records Posted on: 13 Aug 2011, by  kimbarlow97

Localities > North America > Canada > Nova Scotia > Colchester

...information on a decendant, Robert Cheyne Stevenson who was married to Catherine Jollimore, Robert was born in Paisley Scotland sometime around 1793 and died on Sept 2, 1875 and is buried in Sharon United Ch...

Re: Thomas Gaffney Posted on: 23 Jun 2011, by  RobertJWilson...

Surnames > Gaffney

...the previously mentioned Sligonians. Only non-Irish ancestry I know of were MacNeals and Wilsons from Paisley in Renfrewshire.

Mabel Maud Coleman (Beaufort)/Louis Beaufort Posted on: 12 Sep 2011, by  alasdair_13

Topics > Occupations > Theater

Mabel Maud Coleman was born in Dundee in 1880. She was my GG Aunt. She apears on the 1891 Scottish Census but cannot be found on the 1901 Scottish or England census. She next crops up as the informa...

Re: James Ewing & Catherine Campbell Family Posted on: 16 Jul 2011, by  ripriprip

Surnames > Ewing

Hi, Where is Paisley, is it near Glasgow?

Re: Re McAleer Posted on: 20 Jul 2011, by  tommcaleer

Surnames > McAleer

I live near Paisley, Scotland and I have a lot of McAleer records. If you give me more details I will try ans help you. Tom

semple Posted on: 22 Oct 2011, by  julieg1968

...scotland. robert.a.semple lanarkshire .william.urquhart.semple lanarkshire. robert semple .agnes urquhart,paisley

Newton Baker family search Posted on: 11 Jan 2001, by Anne (Baker) Hernandez

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

Looking for any information on Newton Baker that came to North Carolina from Scotland (Seal Island - Sealtland). Had a son born ABT 1792 William W. Baker he married Elizabeth Bedloe. The family moved ...

Re: John Fulton: High Paisley, 1800 - 1849 Posted on: 01 Jul 2011, by  ericfulton1

Surnames > Fulton

Hi Brian, I too am looking for information, regarding a John Fulton born circa 1800 in Paisley. Not sure about a second marraige, but mine was at one point married to a Rebecca Auld who's son was William Ful...

per page