Search the Boards

Search Results for "PAISLEY" - 8,261 Messages

per page

Looking for Rainey. Keane Information. Posted on: 17 Apr 2003, by  franken101

Surnames > Rainey

...in Sawyers Bar CA. Her father, James Rainey, born in Antrim Ireland, Mother Jeanette Russell, born in Paisley, Scottland, Married James Eugene Keane 6-4-1877 in Sawyers Bar. Had a total of twelve children, t...

RAINEY - Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland Posted on: 12 Sep 2004, by Sarah Walker

Surnames > Rainey

...mother-in-law's biological father. His name was Robert RAINEY b. abt. early 1920's. It is believed he came from Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. His sister's name was Georgina RAINEY. Robert married Isobe...

Robert RAINEY Posted on: 14 Sep 2004, by Sarah Walker

Surnames > Rainey

...are a mystery - I know that her father's name was Robert RAINEY. Robert married Isobel DONALDSON in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland on 5 September 1947. Robert had a sister named Georgina. I have found a ...

Robert RAINEY Posted on: 04 Feb 2005, by Sarah Walker

Surnames > Rainey

...RAINEY & Isobel McDonald Wiseman DONALDSON. Robert & Isobel were married on 5 September 1947 in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Before their daughter Maureen was born, Robert left and moved to Sou...

Re: R.F. Barr of Scotland Posted on: 05 Nov 2001, by  JAN0625

Surnames > Barr

MY GRANDMOTHER (CATHERINE AULD BARR ARTHUR, B. AUG 06 1901)CAME FROM PAISLEY, SCOTLAND AROUND 1926 OR 1927 WITH HER HUSBAND JAMES HOLT ARTHUR (B. MAR 15 1895, D. 1953 )AND THEIR FOUR CHILDREN (3 GIRLS: JAN...

Re: Barrs in Canada Posted on: 16 Jul 2001, by  TAZJD

Surnames > Barr

...What Barr's in Canada are you searching for. The furthest back I have is George Barr born about 1811 in Paisley Scotland married to Margaret Buchanan, and they settled in Ontario Canada.

James BARR of Houston, Renfrewshire, Scotland & Quebec Posted on: 04 Jan 2002, by dick barr

Surnames > Barr

...living in living and working in Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire, and her brother (unnamed) living and working in Paisley. He was apparently a widower, as he mentioned that “I had as much money of my own that I w...

James BARR and Janet AITKEN of Renfrewshire, Scotland Posted on: 09 Jan 2002, by dick barr

Surnames > Barr

Seek information on Janet AITKEN who married 17 Aug 1776 in Abbey Paisley, Renfrewshire, James BARR. Are they related to the James BARR who married Janet LINDSAY 23 September 1791 in Houston & Killell...

Janet BARR and James Blackburn of Scotland and Quebec Posted on: 09 Jan 2002, by dick barr

Surnames > Barr

...living in living and working in Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire, and her brother (unnamed) living and working in Paisley. He was apparently a widower, as he mentioned that “I had as much money of my own that I w...

BARR Ancestry, SCOTLAND Posted on: 24 Aug 2002, by  gracesaved_1

Surnames > Barr

...(b, unkwn) (married: June 10, 1820, Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire) ..........GEORGE Barr, b. Sept.9, 1821, Paisley ..........(did George have siblings? I don't know) ..........(who were Patrick's Parents? Was Mar...

Re: Adam(s) in Quebec, Ottawa/Hull area Posted on: 26 Sep 2006, by  Ccewhite57

Surnames > Adam

- I have a John Adam m. Elizabeth Stewart - both from Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland - Daughters Susan (or Mary) married David Strachan in Ontario, Canada; Agnes married James Wallace in 1838 in Paisely and...

The McInallys Posted on: 06 Nov 2002, by Steven McInally

Surnames > McInally

Is there anyone out there who was related to the McInallys from Paisley? My grandparents names where Thomas and Mary, and they had three boys, Thomas, Dick and William (my dad) I know they lived in Ferguslie...

Re: The McInallys Posted on: 07 Nov 2002, by  h_mcinally

Surnames > McInally

Hi Steven, My name is Hugh McInally and I have McInally ancestors from Paisley. My G.G.Grandfather was Henry McNally who married Janet Rogers in 1857. They had twelve children, at least, who were John, Henry...

Russell Richardson Posted on: 08 Apr 2001, by Charles Raeside Russell, Jr.

Surnames > Russell

Anyone having information on John Russell born 1848 Paisley, Scotland or his wife Jane Richardson Russell, born Barhead, Scotland 1852, please notify me. raesiderus@earthlink.net. Charles Raeside Russell, Jr...

Andrew Russell m.Margaret Gordon Posted on: 20 Jan 2000, by Margaret

Surnames > Russell

I would appreciate any information on the Russell side of my family. Andrew Russell of Paisley, Scotland married Margaret Gordon of Glascow Scotland. This is my only information, I have no dates. Can anyone ...

Re: John Russell Posted on: 03 Sep 2004, by  jhoward50

Surnames > Russell

...photo of a child named Walter who was a grandchild of Margaret Russell Gooding. Margaret was born in Paisley Scotland and died in Oregon. I wonder if our families might connect .

Jane Richardson Russell Posted on: 08 Apr 2001, by Charles Raeside Russell, Jr.

Surnames > Russell

...Alexander Richardson, mother Jean Browning. She was married to John Russell who was born in 1848 in Paisley, Scotland. She had brothers John, James, George and I think Alexander. I have been to John's old ho...

Jane Richardson Russell- from Scotland to NC Posted on: 10 Apr 2001, by Laraine

Surnames > Russell

...their children was Dr. James Richardson grad of Edinburgh b abt 1790 (I have a James bpt 16 May 1790 Paisley- from LDS-IGI). He m Isabella/Isabel Lawson bpt 4 May 1795. Ch: Mary b 20 Nov 1815 Kirkcaldy, Fife...

Re: Jane Richardson Russell- from Scotland to NC Posted on: 08 Jun 2004, by  jhoward50

Surnames > Russell

I have Russells from Paisley Scotland who settled in Canada and then on to U.S. I have photos of Maggie, Grace and Ida Russell. I wonder if our Russell families might connect.

Re: Jane Richardson Russell- from Scotland to NC Posted on: 09 Jun 2004, by Charles R. Russell, Jr.

Surnames > Russell

My grandfather, John Russell, from Paisley was married twice. I have heard that at least one of his first wife's children went to Canada. I beleive that one child was Margaret. My grandmother Jane came direc...

Reply to message 3005 Posted on: 15 Apr 2001, by Charles Raeside Russell, Jr.

Surnames > Russell

...Tobacco Co. Grandfather was the son of Thomas Russell b 1817?, d Apr. 24, 1900, of Renfrew Parrish (Paisley).His mother was Margaret Brough Russell b 1819?, m 22 Aug. 1844, d 13 Mar. 1900.I believe that gran...

Russell, Alexander Jr. Posted on: 05 May 2000, by  Hairdressermo...

Surnames > Russell

...Jane Wright, James Wright, Alexander H.,Mary B., Robert Fleming, William Craig, David Craig, Robert Paisley. Anyone having info on them I would love to talk to you.

Re: Russell, Alexander Jr. Posted on: 09 Jul 2001, by  Hairdressermo...

Surnames > Russell

...Sept. 16 1797 7. William Craig Russell b. Sept. 14, 1800 8. David Craig Russell b. Mar. 13 1802 9.Rober Paisley Russell b.June 4. 1804 10. Josephina b? 11.Polly b.? ALL were born according to the info i have...

Russell/Wright > Russell/Craig Posted on: 12 Jul 2003, by  Mary Celine S...

Surnames > Russell

...Wright. I am descended from his sister, Margaret, who married John McDaniel. I'm wondering if the Paisley name may share the same root (guessed to be a maternal surname) as John's father Eli Pasley McDanie...

Re: John R. Russell--Fannin County, Texas Posted on: 18 Jun 2002, by Brenda Thompson

Surnames > Russell

...were. I have Russell relatives from fannin Co. Tx. also. They were David Almarine Russell, and Robert Paisley Russell. If these are related let me know. Thanks Brenda

Re: John R. Russell--Fannin County, Texas Posted on: 19 Jun 2002, by Russell (Ken) Quin

Surnames > Russell

...They were married in 1816 in Orange Co., NC. One of James Wright Russell's brothers was named Robt. Paisley Russell and is buried, I think, in Bonham, Fannin Co., TX. According to my records, Robt. had a son...

Re: John R. Russell--Fannin County, Texas Posted on: 25 Jun 2004, by Mary Snipes

Surnames > Russell

I also have a relative named Robert Paisley Russell, but he is from Tennessee. Is this your relative also????

Re: John R. Russell--Fannin County, Texas Posted on: 25 Jun 2004, by Brenda Thompson

Surnames > Russell

my Robert Paisley Russell was b.June 3,1804 in Orange Co. N. Carolina. His father was Alexander Russell Jr. and his mother was Elizabeth Craig . He m. Sophia Carter. He is buried in the Russell cemetery in B...

Re: John R. Russell--Fannin County, Texas Posted on: 28 Jun 2004, by Mary Snipes

Surnames > Russell

Thank you, Brenda, for your most helpful information. I have it figured out.... There are 2 Robert Paisley Russells. Your Robert Paisley had a brother named John Craig Russell who had a son named Robert Paisley Russell...

Re: RUSSELL_G_Paisley_and_Lenna_B.JPG Posted on: 25 Jun 2004, by Mary Snipes

Surnames > Russell

I have been searching for this relative for a long time -- I think. I believe this is George Paisley Russell and Lenna Bullock Russell.. Do you know if this is correct??

Carruth/Dunsmore 1850's Scotland Posted on: 04 Nov 2002, by  AlexanderAdam...

Surnames > Carruth

...all, I am looking for parents/siblings of Agnes Carruth b Bet. 1822 & 1835 mar Henry Dunsmore in Paisley on 26 June 1852. They had 11 children in Hutchesontown and Gorbals. I think Henry died in Govan (s...

Researching the Aiton / McNair families. Posted on: 17 Apr 2003, by  Stephen Aiton

Surnames > McNair

...know little about her. I do know her youngest son, John Aiton, my gg father was born in Houston (near Paisley, Sct) on 10 July 1860. His death certificate lists his parents as Andrew Aiton & Catherine ...

GALLETLY of PAISLEY Posted on: 22 Apr 2003, by  SuzanneWood71

Surnames > Galletly

Looking for parents, and birth date, of Henry Galletly who married Mary Munn (at High Church in Paisley, Scotland) January 1813. According to the Old Parish Register, they had at least 3 children: Frederick...

John & David Auld from Paisley / Ayr Posted on: 20 May 2003, by  kyecat

Surnames > Auld

...the David Auld - first son born in Scotland in 1850 to David Auld & Lockhart Patterson married in Paisley 1850. According to my lists David Auld - born 1825 Paisley. Came to N.S.W. 1852 Ship "Beyapore&quo...

re: James Mathie, Paisley Posted on: 20 May 2003, by  AlistairMathi...

Surnames > Mathie

Alistair, I am also Alistair Mathie, son of James Mathie, originally a potato merchant from Paisley. My grandfather was Andrew, married to Nancy (a McCartney if my memory serves me correctly) who also had...

Re: GALLETLY of PAISLEY Posted on: 27 Jun 2003, by  SuzanneWood71

Surnames > Galletly

...have is not much, but I'm happy to share what I've found. From searching the High Church records of Paisley (via LDS microfilm) I was able to determine that I am descended from Henry Galletly who married Ma...

Gordon - Prince - Conway County Arkansas Posted on: 07 Jul 2003, by  scottishways

Surnames > Gordon

...William C. Shearon (Shearin/Shearan). He died before 1870 & Eisora married William Thomas Pasley (Paisley/Posley/Parsley). Eisora & W.T. Pasley had a son named John who married Ruth Starkey. I am try...

Re: looking for ancestors OF THE TRAVELLING SHOWPEOPLE Posted on: 06 Aug 2003, by Iain Codona

Surnames > Codona

Hi William, it's good to hear from you again. i have been living in paisley for the last 2 and a half years. motherwell was too much of a toilet to remain there too long. i can assure you that despite its re...

Margaret Bermingham -Ireland Posted on: 18 Aug 2003, by  c_allenpaisle...

Surnames > Bermingham

...connected to this messageboard. Margaret Bermingham (brimingim) born Ireland circa 1803. Married James Paisley circa 1821 had 2 children in Ireland Mary 1821 and Margarete 1824 then had 7 more children...

Re: Mathie/Cameron descendants Posted on: 22 Nov 2003, by Alan Pattison

Surnames > Mathie

...bear with me as I am a bit busy but will endeavour to get to you ASAP. Regards Alan Pattison (From Paisley now living in Brunei)

Re: AULD, Archibald to Catherine Auld Barr Posted on: 04 Feb 2004, by Grace

Surnames > Auld

...approximate time frame we are looking at, and where the family originated. Our family is pretty much from the Paisley area. If Jennifer would like me to have a look at the letter I'd be happy to help, if I c...

Re: AULD, Archibald to Catherine Auld Barr Posted on: 05 Feb 2004, by Ruth

Surnames > Auld

Hello Grace, I will scan Jennifers letter and email it to you. My Husband is also from the paisley Aulds there's quite a few of us in this town heaps of history here. his line is from David Auld & Agnes ...

Re: AULD, Archibald to Catherine Auld Barr Posted on: 05 Feb 2004, by Ruth

Surnames > Auld

Hello Grace, I will scan Jennifers letter and email it to you. My Husband is also from the paisley Aulds there's quite a few of us in this town heaps of history here. his line is from David Auld & Agnes ...

Re: Carruth Family (all spelling variations included) Posted on: 01 May 2004, by  Rogers61844

Surnames > Carruth

...your research? I realize your line is from what some call Northern Ireland. Margaret was married in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland on December 3, 1808 to Robert Kirkwood. Notice was posted on that date i...

Re: scottish clans Posted on: 01 May 2004, by  Rogers61844

Surnames > Carruth

...about which I have doubts, as it appears too often in the Registry. Margaret married Robert Kirkwood in Paisley, Renfrewshire, on 3 December 1808 and later emigrated to the U.S. Notice of the marriage was ...

Looking for Daly in US & Canada Posted on: 23 Jul 2004, by Dorn Daly

Surnames > Daly

...father. My father is living in Perth, Western Australia since 1975. Fathers name is William Daly from Paisley, Scotland Has Brothers, Frank, Johnny, Jimmy Sisters, Pauline, Maureen, Kay Hope to hear from yo...

Re: John & David Auld from Paisley / Ayr Posted on: 26 Jul 2004, by Heather Landry

Surnames > Auld

...John MALCOLM moved to New Zealand shortly after - his family is still there. My Mom and Dad are both Paisley and Renfrew folks. I don't know if I would have anything of interest to you or not. Heather

Re: looking for info. on James or before him Posted on: 26 Aug 2004, by RK Rogers

Surnames > Carruth

...Carruth. The connection with Renfrewshire is that she later married Robert Kirkwood at High Church, Paisley, Renfrewshire (m. 3 Dec 1808). The Kirkwoods were in Renfrewshire from at least 1715. I wonder i...

Re: Another Mochan surfaces!! Posted on: 30 Dec 2004, by john mochan

Surnames > Mochan

...name is John mochan and im a born and bred scotsman so you never know we could be related.ui live in Paisley near Glasgow but spent most of my life in glasgow itself.i come from a big family including two br...

2005 update-Mathie, Orr, Watson, Malcolmson abt 1750-present Posted on: 19 Sep 2005, by  ianmal

Surnames > Mathie

...MATHIE (1820) Jane/Jean MATHIE born 4th June 1826 The births were recorded in the Abbey district of Paisley, Houston & Killellan, Johnstone, or Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire, Scotland. I have information ...

per page