Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "PAISLEY" - 8,475 Messages

per page

John Lindsay m. Catherine Campbell, son Angus Lindsay and 9 other children Posted on: 23 Jul 2010, by  christinecham...

Surnames > Lindsay

...Lindsays/Campbells in their family. Angus, son of John Lindsay and Catherine Campbell born 1823 (possibly in Paisley) Angus m. Janet Campbell (date unknown)and had 3 children: Malcolm b. 1846, Lochgilphead, ...

Re: Where did Hillis' come from Posted on: 01 Aug 2010, by  carolannefree...

Surnames > Hillis

...plus) and Margaret White age 2. I looked for her birth in Glasgow and found it on 27/10/1889 at 190 Paisley Road West. She was illegit and her parents were Samuel Wheeler, a shoemaker, and Margaret Sinclair ...

John & Mary (McCoy or McKay) Masterson - Paisley, Scotland to Cleveland, OH Posted on: 28 Jul 2010, by  davidbriggs31...

Surnames > McCoy

...John Masterson (son of Patrick & Mathilda (Cleary) Masterson and brother of Patrick Masterson) in Paisley, Scotland. I believe Mary (MCCoy/McKay) Masterson was born in June 1864 in Scotland and died Nov...

Re: Pirrie's of Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland Posted on: 07 Jul 2010, by  joanvdm_1

Surnames > Pirrie

John Pirrie Harvey born 21 November 1995 in Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, married Sarah Ann (Sadie)Heaton on March 27, 1912 in York, Ontario (Archives of Ontario MicrofilmL MS932_237) Sarah Ann Heaton was bo...

John Kavanagh m Catherine Gallacher, Boston MA 1902 Posted on: 10 Jul 2010, by  mdm5268

Surnames > Kavanagh

...this couple; Have no details for John excepting b c 1867 St Johns, Newfoundland Catherine b 1859 Paisley, Renfrew, SCT; parents Patrick and Sidney [McGreece] both b IRE

Convict George Mcleod alias James Wilson Posted on: 30 Jun 2010, by  neilchambers1...

Surnames > McLeod

...thought I would throw his information as apparently he was one of 9 children? We believe he was born in Paisley Scotland around 1834 and his father was reads something like James Wilen. In Western Australia ...

Re: Streets of Wolford Posted on: 14 Jul 2010, by  glenhandy

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Grenville Leeds

Margret Cameron b2 Apr 1805, in Oakshaw, East Association, Paisley, Scotland, to Thomas Cameron b 1766 - 1842 and Agness Hill 1775 - 1858. died at Lanark Beckwith Township, Ont. buried at Lanark, Ont. She is...

Mathie, Orr, Watson, Malcolmson abt 1750-1900 Posted on: 20 Dec 2000, by  ianmal

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

...(sometimes known as Jean Mathie) born 4th June 1826 All births were recorded in the Abbey district of Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. The only two I have any information on are James and Jane. James mar...

Re: Bones in Scotland Posted on: 02 Jul 2010, by  abeadie

Surnames > Bone

...number). If you wish to contact me my email address is aeadie23@btinternet.com. best wishes Andrew in Paisley

Re: Ontario, Quebec and Franklin Co New York Posted on: 29 Jun 2010, by  kerrynmac1

Surnames > MacGibbon

...Colonel left for Canada in 1818 and his baby son was left with his sister in law Janet Archibald in Paisley. He must have had some contact with the Canadian branch as the family here was aware of the Colone...

Re: Descendants of Christopher ISLIP Posted on: 20 Jun 2010, by  gerardlemmens...

Surnames > Islip

... at Plot 42, Block PA, East Taieri Cemetry on 12 July 1910. He married Christine Morrison,, born in Paisley, Lanarkshire, Scotland ca. 1841, died 28 Jan. 1931 and buried 31 Jan. 1931 at Block PA Plot 41, Eas...

Tennessee African American Cliff family Posted on: 19 Dec 2000, by  ainticute

Surnames > Cliff

...Parents: Alex Cliff and Kate(nee May) Cliff from Williamson Co., TN. Half brothers, John and Eldridge Paisley. May email me at Otey50@aol.com

Re: VESEY Posted on: 14 Jun 2010, by  LynetteCheryl...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > General

I have an Edward Vesey (My Grandfather)who was born in Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland on 16th August 1902. His parents were Edward Vesey 1877 and Margaret Kilbane 1870 both born in Ireland. Please contact me if ...

Robert Bennet born 1821 in Dundee, Scotland Posted on: 13 Jun 2010, by  LBabbHastings

Surnames > Bennet

...of Robert Bennet who married Agnes Patie on 31 Dec 1840 in Dundee. Robert and Agnes were living in Paisley, Scotland in 1881. Robert and Agnes had a daughter Agnes Bennet who married John Hastings in Paisley in 18...

Agnes Wood Posted on: 06 Jul 2000, by  barriebowman

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Renfrewshire > General

SEARCHING FOR AGNES WOOD PAISLEY SCOTLAND,SHE WAS MY GRANDMOTHER'S MOTHER-IN-LAW

Robert P. Hanks Posted on: 22 Jan 2001, by  UNG14898

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Muscatine

I am not related to this person (I don't think...) For some time the names Hanks, Hayes and Paisley or Pasley from Muskingum Co OH have been referred to as relatives of Mary Jane Rogers (mother's maiden name...

Re: James Roulston b County Tyrone 5 Mar 1843, father is Joseph Roulston Posted on: 20 Dec 2011, by  j_thompson56

Surnames > Roulston

...grandfather before me .My family originated from Sion Mills near Strabane. Grandad moved to Johnstone nr Paisley in the late 40s. the other side was named O'Neil;. Married Susan O'Neil.Their children were Ja...

Newton Baker family search Posted on: 11 Jan 2001, by Anne (Baker) Hernandez

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

Looking for any information on Newton Baker that came to North Carolina from Scotland (Seal Island - Sealtland). Had a son born ABT 1792 William W. Baker he married Elizabeth Bedloe. The family moved ...

Re: look up please on a jemima PYM Posted on: 09 Jan 2012, by  porteousi

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...Corrie, namely James Porteous and Agnes Halliday.Family settled in Wamphray, Johnstonebridge, and then Paisley. Regards Evelyn

love in vietnam wall memorial Posted on: 10 Feb 2012, by  1_jlove11

Surnames > Love

...am intrigued to think this was maybe my cousin john junior love who was killed in vietnam , he was a paisley boy (SCOTLAND ) born and bred and had not long received his US citizenship before being drafted to...

McGregors Posted on: 15 Apr 2012, by  iquigley1

Localities > North America > United States > General

...I'm looking for, as I think he emigrated along with bothers and sisters. He was born around 1910 in Paisley, Scotland and married a Helen Dunkie in the USA. They has at least 4 kids, Keith, Bruce, Hugh &...

Re: T.A.K.C.L. Posted on: 17 May 2012, by  Michael Fitzg...

Topics > Religions and Religious > Church of England > Church of England clergy and churches

what an amazing result. according to the census he was born in Paisley (aged 45 in 1900). his wife Lucy(aged 29 in 1900)was born in Denston (Suffolk) an adjacent parish.They had two children aged 2yrs and 10...

Re: CRADDOCK, Frederick James - Canada, 1906+ Posted on: 16 Jun 2011, by  Kafinkee

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Brant

..."Craddock" on Canada 411 and see two listed in Brantford. In this area, there are a few in Paisley.

Re: James Ewing & Catherine Campbell Family Posted on: 16 Jul 2011, by  ripriprip

Surnames > Ewing

Hi, Where is Paisley, is it near Glasgow?

Robert & Euphemia Gilmour Park from Indiana County, Pa. Posted on: 27 Feb 2012, by  dkanyan

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Indiana

...They had 3 children- Janet, Jane, and Christina. I believe they may have married in Scotland, perhaps Paisley, Scotland, and then migrated to the U.S. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Scobies in Glasgow Posted on: 28 Jul 2011, by  williamscott1...

Surnames > Scobie

...Scobie =father born 1818 to 1888. mother Margery Robertson Pollock born Abt 1802 to 1874 both died in Paisley Renfrewshire. hope this will be of some help regard's Willie

Marion McEwan Beith, Ayrshire Posted on: 08 Sep 2011, by  T_Kirouac

Surnames > McEwan

...Dailly),so there may have been a few earlier in their marriage. Marion was from Beith, Ayrshire and moved to Paisley after Dougald's death. I can't find birth/baptisms for either Dougald or Marion. Since th...

Re: Cook / Campbell Posted on: 02 Feb 2012, by  satch42179

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Bruce

1916 census Selkirk Manitoba COOK Samuel Young, 60, b Ont Flora Jane, 55, Ont Gordon Young, 19, Manitoba Earl, 14, Manitoba Howard, 11, Manitoba Next door COOK Herbert, 30, Ont Olive May, 20, Manitob...

Warnocks New York 1855 onwards Posted on: 21 Jan 2012, by  WillieB54

Surnames > Warnock

...James & Eliza Warnock who emmigrated from Liverpool, England around 1853 - 1858. James was born in Paisley (1826) and Eliza (Burrell) in Dalkeith (1828)both Scotland. Some time prior to emmigrating the...

McKendree McCarley Posted on: 11 Jan 2001, by  @@brollins@sw...

Surnames > Breedlove

...Prairie County, Arkansas, and died February 17, 1954, at Abilene, Taylor County, Texas. She married Samuel Paisley RICHARDS December 17, 1890. They lived in Erath County, Texas, in the Cottonwood community n...

Re: Morris Kelm from Ireland and Philad Posted on: 15 Feb 2012, by  aileen tierne...

Surnames > Kelm

rose, henry, bridget, morris and daniel kelm lived in paisley scotland in 1901 also living with them are margaret logue address 25 springbank road source: 1901 scottish census can't find them in 1911 censu...

thomson - stewart Posted on: 24 Nov 2011, by  kingtonmagna

Surnames > Thomson

John Thomson married Ann Stewart at the High church in Paisley 25 febuary 1853 and they had several children. They also lived in Glasgow. Anns father was Allan Stewart & Isabel Rose. I would like to cont...

Re: James Henry MacDonald Posted on: 18 Jan 2012, by  MichaelSargea...

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Huron

...address for Herbert Irving's father on Attestation papers of 13 Aug 1915 then possibly moved back to Paisley. Also have a possible death for James Henry in Toronto on 27 Mar 1929 - Katherine altered birth i...

Hugh Liddell Posted on: 02 Jun 2012, by  dvdhamilton09

Surnames > Liddell

Looking for relatives/ancestors of Hugh Liddell b.abt 1814 Paisley, Renfew, Scotland. I believe his parents were Andrew Liddell/Liddal and Agnes Barr of Renfrewshire. He married Mirren/Marion Kirkland Nov 1...

William Gemmill b 1789-90 in Paisley, Scotland Posted on: 15 Jun 2011, by  jljones22

Surnames > Gemmill

I am looking for William Gemmill b 1789-90 in Paisley, Ayrshire,Scotland and d. in Washington, Iowa, USA. And his parents. I cannot find them anywhere. The information on other family trees that I have seen ...

Re: gemmell miners of Dalmellington, Ayrshire, Scotland. Posted on: 05 Sep 2011, by  gillianjack

Surnames > Gemmell

... Female LEITH SOUTH EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 692/02 1242 3 1885 GEMMELL ELIZABETH OTTLE Female PAISLEY /RENFREW 573/00 0376 Do you know if she had a middle name of Heggie or Ottle (see above) There...

Family history Posted on: 09 Jun 1999, by Sherry Bonneau

Surnames > Reid

...of Joseph Banas, born in Texas? Married Yvonne Lambin. Also looking for family of Rebecca McGavin of Paisley Ontario. She was born in 1870.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sherry

Robert Cathcart b 1793 Paisley Scotland Posted on: 14 Apr 2012, by  cathcartjohn

I am interested in finding any information about a Robert Cathcart b1793 in Paisley Scotland. Robert's father is recorded as John Cathcart b1766.His mother a Margaret Walker b1772.

Re: Thomas Gaffney Posted on: 23 Jun 2011, by  RobertJWilson...

Surnames > Gaffney

...the previously mentioned Sligonians. Only non-Irish ancestry I know of were MacNeals and Wilsons from Paisley in Renfrewshire.

Re: John Sinclair born 1802 Stralachlan, Argyleshire Posted on: 15 Jul 2011, by  tomthompson53

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Argyll > General

...AGNES SINCLAR - International Genealogical Index / BI Gender: Female Christening: 23 JUN 1793 Abbey (Paisley), Renfrew, Scotland 78. John Sinclair - International Genealogical Index / BI Gender: Male Chri...

Re: John Easton and Mary Adam, Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland Posted on: 06 Mar 2012, by  woodspalace

Surnames > Easton

Dear Arthur, I am Jean Ryckewaert, son of Andrew Adam(s) of Paisley and Marie-Louise Cardon. Born December 1945 (end WWII). Andrew was with the British army liberating the Belgian coast when he met my mother...

Re: John Thomas Siddell 11/21 1845 England, - 7/11 1911 Streator IL Posted on: 25 Apr 2012, by  OutdoorHikerG...

Surnames > Siddell

I have a different date for Clarabelle Barton's birth and death (she was my paternal Grandmother), but I also have all of her children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. I'll paste everything...

daniel ramsey family from scotland to philly Posted on: 15 Jul 2011, by  aurina

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Unknown

...age 47 and daniel the younger age 20 arrived nyc 22 aug 1922 departed from glasgow but had lived in paisley . clue-going to nephew henry white, 1315 vankirk st phil. robert going to his father daniel on 131...

Re: McEwan/O'Brien Posted on: 02 Aug 2011, by  TigerPurr1

I have Robert Duncanson MacEwan and Joanna Stuart MacEwan in Paisley and Glasgow from about 1850 until they emigrated to Troy, New York in 1870. Robert D. MacEwan was born in the Doune/Deanston area and mov...

Re: Why is it so hard to find scottish ancesters Posted on: 06 Mar 2012, by  gklawrence1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...would have just turned 17. My mother was born Nov 15 1921 at 89 Plantation Street and grew up at 109 Paisley Rd West. She lived there until March 1945 when she emigrated to Canada to join my father ( he wa...

Re: John Fulton: High Paisley, 1800 - 1849 Posted on: 01 Jul 2011, by  ericfulton1

Surnames > Fulton

Hi Brian, I too am looking for information, regarding a John Fulton born circa 1800 in Paisley. Not sure about a second marraige, but mine was at one point married to a Rebecca Auld who's son was William Ful...

Samuel McLure and Isabella Renfrewshire Posted on: 08 Jun 2012, by  EdrieAnne

Surnames > McLure

Both Samuel and Isabella were born about 1788-1790 in Renfewshire (1841 Low Paisley, Renfrew) Name Age Samuel Mclure 51 occ. Cotton H L W whatever that is Isabella Mclure 51 Isabella Mclure 17 James Mc...

Re: ROBERT WADDELL SCOTLAND TO PENNSYLVANIA Posted on: 21 Dec 2011, by  moirastevenso...

Surnames > Waddell

...WEDDELL) left Scotland around 1886 along with two of their children, Robert and Margaret who were born in Paisley, Renfrewshire. Mary was the illegitimate daughter of my gt gt grandfather James Weddell. He...

Re: Jarvis family - Welsh Coal miners? Posted on: 07 Apr 2012, by  aventar7

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Perry

...got the birth as Wales from Jarvis Bible. Thank you for the information, but I have never heard Brad Paisley. I only listen to Celtic music, sorry.

Ancestors/Descendants of William James Aitken Loughlin Posted on: 01 Apr 2012, by  ImpishMeUK

Surnames > Loughlin

...(b. Northern Ireland 1912; d. Dunoon, Scotland 2003), her Father was William James Aitken Loughlin (b. Paisley 9 Jun 1911; d. Cheshire March 1986), William's parents were William Loughlin (b. 1882; d. unknow...

per page