Search the Boards

Search Results for "RYDE" - 918 Messages

per page

iow wadham Posted on: 23 Apr 2001, by Chris Wadham

Surnames > Wadhams

...store closed about 15 years ago as my dad did not want to take it over. My grandfather was the mayor of Ryde. I have pictures of all of them on my wall in the hallway as they were given to me when the sto...

Bevis Family from Isle of Wight and London Posted on: 24 Apr 2001, by Jo

Surnames > Bevis

...London. He married Matilda Kirby Oct 21st 1861 in Newchurch Isle of Wight. They had five children born in Ryde; George William Bevis born 1863 Ada Matilda Bevis born 1865 Ernest Bevis born 1867 Frederick ...

James William Tibbetts Posted on: 26 Apr 2001, by Erica Stevens

Surnames > Tibbetts

...maternal Great Great Grandparents, James William Tibbetts and Janet Dykes married on 6th December, 1882 at Ryde, Sydney Australia. According to the certificate, James Tibbetts was born in Boston, USA. He ...

Carter Posted on: 08 May 2001, by  goddardj

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Hampshire > Isle of Wight

My grandmother was Maria Carter.She had relatives in Ryde They had a shop that was on a corner of a street there.I know it is still there as a cafe.Family connections in Weymouth and Wyke Regis. I would b...

Family Tree Search Posted on: 13 May 2001, by Jenny Snell (nee Crane)

...searching for information about my Great Grandmother MABEL REBECCA CRANE who lived at 28 West Street, Ryde with her mother R CRANE (first name not known). She gave birth to a baby on 21 February 1906 call...

Waddingtons in Canada Posted on: 18 May 2001, by Linda Gray

Surnames > Waddington

I am trying to locate any descendants of the above family who are connected to Joshua WADDINGTON and Margaret Elizabeth SHARP from Otley, Yorkshire, England (marriage 1860). One son, Robinson Flesher ...

POCOCK Posted on: 21 May 2001, by Sarah Jerrari

...descendant of J. STRICKLAND and A. POCOCK but I have just traced my maternal GG grandfather back to Ryde in the Isle Of Wight. His name was John James POCOCK born c. 1832. On his daughter Alice Alma POCOC...

Brannon/Jenkins Posted on: 22 May 2001, by  beckybrannon2...

Surnames > Brannon

...East McKeesport, PA March 17, 1904 d: Natrona Heights, PA August 17, 1994 and Linnie Mae Jenkins b: Ryde, PA May 4, 1904 D: Natrona Heights, PA March 3, 2000. Howard's parents were James and Mary Ellen (...

Arabella McKinstry Posted on: 23 May 2001, by S.

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Mifflin

Mrs. Arabella McKinstry, long time resident of Ryde, died at her home there Monday morning, March 19, 1945, at 2 o'clock in her 84th year. She leaves several sons and a daughter, Miss Carrie McKinstry, wi...

Tiernan, Sarah Posted on: 26 May 2001, by  mwinston7120

Surnames > Tiernan

...Australia, and died in Parramatta NSW on 16 September, 1869. She is buried in the Field of Mars Cemetery, Ryde NSW. Her parents were William (a farmer), and Sarah. Any further information would be greatl...

Stamp's of Ryde. Posted on: 02 Jun 2001, by Jackie Marshall

...Sole) children. They were George, Edith, Rose, Fredrick, Walter, Nellie and Arthur.I know they came from Ryde and George the eldest Son followed his father into the Butchery trade.

Hine Posted on: 02 Jun 2001, by Karen Campbell

I am looking for any info on my great grandmothers family. She was born in Ryde. Her name was Gwendoline, her father was John and apperantly he was a doctor. Her mother was Florence. I was told they were ...

Snellgroves of Newport Posted on: 08 Jun 2001, by  anniecat2000

...Newport. My Great Grandfather opened a Paint shop on Upper St James Street in 1851 and later one in Ryde. Thanks Annie

Groves,Young, Pearce families Posted on: 08 Jun 2001, by  DAllan1354

Looking for the above families from Whitwell Freshwater and Ryde and christchurch .

Re: Waddingtons in Canada Posted on: 27 Jun 2001, by  stephenwaddin...

Surnames > Waddington

...Robinson came to Canada in 1880. He moved to Langford B.C., the to Fort William Ont. He married Ida Ryde in Ontario in 1889. Together they had 4 sons, one of which was Harold in 1898. Harold was my gran...

Re: Andrew Horward ATTRILL Posted on: 23 Jul 2001, by Sherry McQuate

I have Robert ATTRILL, father of Ann ATTRILL, who married Richard WHITE, 24 June 1847, St Thomas's Ryde. Ann was born in Brading. Have you tried IGI custom search?

Pierce of IOW Posted on: 23 Jul 2001, by Sherry McQuate

Looking for ancestors, descendants, and researchers of William Pierce, son of Robert Pierce, b. 1850, Ryde. His mother was Hannah Mary Sweetman, b 1825, dau. of Thomas (tailor), born 1785 in Ryde & Mary ...

NEWNHAM OF IOW Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by Deb Chambers

Surnames > Newnham

Researching NEWNHAMS of IOW particularly Ryde, Brading and St Helens.

Adelaide COOPER m. Michael CLUNE New South Wales Posted on: 06 Aug 2001, by  Marcia Holdsw...

Surnames > Cooper

...known any information on the following couple and/or their children Adelaide COOPER m. Michael CLUNE in Ryde NSW in 1903 chn James b. 1904, Arthur b. 1909, Josephine b. 1912 thanks Marcia

Re: Jacob Harshbarger Posted on: 20 Aug 2001, by  anguswilmoth

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Mifflin

The two-volume Cemeteries of Mifflin County, PA shows on page 990 (Vol. 2) Ryde Cemetery: Grave L4 - Harshbarger - Jacob 1848-1936 - Sarah 1854-1923 Grave L5 Harshbarger - Cleveland R. 189...

Shrubsole Posted on: 23 Aug 2001, by Andrew Matthews

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Kent > General

...Shalmesford Street Phineas SHRUBSOLE Head Marr 78 Grocer & Baker Chartham Esther SHRUBSOLE Wife Marr 72 Ryde, Isle of Wight. I am interested to know if there's any offspring form this couple.

Re: Shank's Run Posted on: 26 Aug 2001, by  jab70

The Shank's Run that you are inquiring about is now called Ryde. I have an old post card addressed to Shanks Run that was addressed to one of my relatives that lived in Ryde plus my Dad told me about it. Th...

Re: Shank's Run Posted on: 26 Aug 2001, by  jab70

The creek that is called the "water plug" in Ryde is still called Shank's Run.

b 1862 St Olave, Stoke Newington, Betsy Ann Mary Ladds Southwell. siblings b dist Poplar, 1st qtr 1864 Charles William Ladds Southwell, 1st qtr 1867 Susan Ladds Southwell, also 1st qtr 1869 Mary Ann Ladds Southwell, abt 1871 Robert Henry Ladds Southwell Posted on: 29 Aug 2001, by  daparson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Middlesex > General

...Canada about 1874, when Betsy/Elizabeth was 12 and Susan 7 years of age. They settled at Barkway, twp Ryde, dst Muskoka, Ont, Canada. He was a lawyer and a gunsmith. We are also looking for information o...

Re: HEFFREN and HEFFERN Posted on: 20 Sep 2001, by Susanne Heffren

Surnames > Heffren

...Heffren. She thinks that my great great grandfather Robert is his brother. They are from the township of Ryde in Gravenhusrt Ontario. The county seat for information is Bracebridge Ontario. John moved...

IVOR ROBERT THOMAS and MARGARET ALICE AHEARNE Posted on: 22 Sep 2001, by  rayhobbs22

Surnames > Thomas

Ivor Thomas, b.circa 1895,West Wallsend.NSW. d. 8th November 1945, at Ryde District Soldiers Memotial Hospital. Married Margaret Alice Ahearne, in Gunning, circa 1920. Children, Donna...

Re: JOHN PINK HAMPSHIRE ENGLAND Posted on: 23 Oct 2001, by BILL PINK

Surnames > Pink

...CARPENTER) for QUEEN VICTORIA ....Met & married MARY ANN BRIDGES FEB. 1871 (ST. THOMAS CHAPEL ) RYDE....JOHN left to help REBUILD CHICAGO ILLINOIS USA after the fire .Mary ANN followed (WI...

Re: JOHN PINK HAMPSHIRE ENGLAND Posted on: 23 Oct 2001, by BILL PINK

Surnames > Pink

...CARPENTER) for QUEEN VICTORIA ....Met & married MARY ANN BRIDGES FEB. 1871 (ST. THOMAS CHAPEL ) RYDE....JOHN left to help REBUILD CHICAGO ILLINOIS USA after the fire .Mary ANN followed (WI...

Re: sweetman family Posted on: 13 Nov 2001, by Tony Sweetman

Hello Anne My Sweetman's come from Cowes & Ryde 1800's & 1900's Cowes Sweetman's Are Samuel, Herbert, Henry & James Do You have any Connections to these. Tony

MALLAM, RYDE Posted on: 24 Dec 2001, by  virfm

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Middlesex > General

Hi I am looking for any info or connections to my Middlesex ancestors: Richard MALLAM b. 1815 Sarah MALLAM b.abt 1850 Carolyn RYDE b. 1820 Thank you

Re: Lucy Jane Jolliffe Posted on: 13 Jan 2002, by Robert Triggs

...died in 1969, and lived in Seaview. I have a certificate of "never absent, never late" for a Ryde school dated 1901. Gaqrth was a Trinity House pilot (for which I have a few memories of his). Th...

Re: Coombes family - Ontario,Canada Posted on: 15 Jan 2002, by Lorraine McMillan

Surnames > Coombes

...not sure if the information I have can help but I have Coombes on my family tree [ Dyer ] coming from Ryde, Isle of Wight, England. I live in Ontario. Lorraine

Re: Coombes family - Ontario,Canada Posted on: 15 Jan 2002, by  Betty_Coombes

Surnames > Coombes

...would appreciate your sharing information on the Coombes family. I know nothing of them coming from Ryde, Isle of Wright, England and am very interested. You can contact me direct at Bettycoombes@aol.com...

Re: Cronins in Australia Posted on: 15 Jan 2002, by Anne McManus

Surnames > Cronin

...at this stage), tells me that Margaret knew the Cashmans, and possibly the Wall's. Any Bathurst or Ryde connections? Any Cashman's? Sound like any other connections to your Walls or Cronins. Cheers An...

Re: Coombes/Coombs-Isle of Wight , Canada California Posted on: 16 Jan 2002, by Lorraine McMillan

Surnames > Coombes

I have George Henry Coombes b. abt. 1843 in Ryde, IOW married Elizabeth Dyer, Newchurch,IOW on my family tree. Could there be a connection to your Coombes? Any information you might have would be greatl...

Trodd Isle of Wight England Posted on: 18 Jan 2002, by Lorraine McMillan

Surnames > Trodd

Looking for descendants of Charles George Henry Coombes and Fanny Sarah Martha Trodd married 1909 Ryde, IOW. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Lorraine

Re: The Hampshire Connection Posted on: 23 Jan 2002, by Lorraine Mcmillan

Surnames > Trodd

...the Isle of Wight and have Fanny Sarah Martha Trodd b. 1882 married Charles George Henry Coombes in Ryde. Charles is the son of my relative Elizabeth Dyer of Newchurch. Could there be a connection to ...

James Gatrell and Leah Downer at Upton Ryde Posted on: 28 Jan 2002, by  PamelaDowner2...

I can trace one of my mothers lines back to James Gatrell and Leah Downer at Upton Ryde Isle of Wight. She in turn go back to the same Downer family which is my fathers line.

Keeffe Family Posted on: 31 Jan 2002, by  sohrin

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

...and migrated to Australia dueing the 1880s where she married my great grandfather Harry Iredale from Ryde,England at Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia in 1891.That is all that I know of her. hope you can...

Riddett, Henry Philip Posted on: 04 Mar 2002, by  alan1412

Surnames > Riddett

Seeking info on Henry Philip Riddett, born 1823, Ryde, Isle of Wight. His name appeared on a birth certificate of an illegitimate son, 1849. Then no trace anywhere. Rumoured to have gone to Canada around ...

Beatty\Beaty of Mcveytown and Ryde Posted on: 05 Mar 2002, by  hoffmana1

...Run) Believe Peter's mother is a Margaret Beaty. Poss. wife of a William Beatty who sold his farm near Ryde (or Shanks Run) on 14 May 1814. Any info. on These persons would be wonderful!

Searching for descendants of Walter Samuel White Posted on: 10 Mar 2002, by Michael S A Thomas

I am searching for descendants of Walter Samuel White (1858-1918) living in the Ryde/Seaview/St Helen's area. My grandfather Ralph Huxham White was one of I think 9 children, some of whom are known to hav...

Re: 1881 census look up please Posted on: 15 Mar 2002, by  richardvf1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > General

... PRO Ref RG11 Piece 0088 Folio 21 Page 36 Marr Age Sex Birthplace Harriet PITTET M 48 F Ryde, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, ...

Re: 1881 census look up please Posted on: 15 Mar 2002, by  richardvf1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > General

... PRO Ref RG11 Piece 0088 Folio 21 Page 36 Marr Age Sex Birthplace Harriet PITTET M 48 F Ryde, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, ...

Henry Charles Fairall, Titanic victim Posted on: 18 Mar 2002, by Cameron Bell

Surnames > Fairall

Dear all Looking for biographical details on Henry Charles Fairall, born in 1872 in Ryde, Isle of Wight. Employed as a first class saloon steward on the Titanic, he lost his life and left behind a widow....

Re: Barnes Posted on: 25 Mar 2002, by j rainbow

my grt grandfather wasjoseph barnes born 1852 in ryde iow can u help me find any relatives thanks

Re: Youngs Australia Posted on: 04 Apr 2002, by  LeighNado

Surnames > Young

Hi, I have details of my line which starts at: George Edward Young m. Annie Henry 3.5.1865 Ryde.NSW they had the following children: Violet J Isabel, Lillian Jane, Douglas Carlisle, James Henry, Linda M...

Re: Riddett, Henry Philip Posted on: 20 Apr 2002, by Frances Roulland

Surnames > Riddett

...on Henry Riddett married to Mary Wicker, they had a son George Riddett christened on 10 June 1827 at Ryde. It could be that there was an older son called Henry as the eldest son was after named after the...

Re: Isle of Wight Posted on: 29 Apr 2002, by  PamelaGroves2...

1871 Census on RG/10/1159 this is on M308 at Winchester Record Office It Reads Entry no 175 31, Cross Street, West Cowes. Groves Henry Head M age 22 Bricklayer Born Eas...

Re: CORNEY,PASCOE,FRASIER Posted on: 02 May 2002, by A Taylor

...Wootton Bridge, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, England Rel: Head Occ: Laundress Elizabeth PASCOE 9 F Ryde, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, England Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar William PASCOE 5 M Portsea, Hampshi...

per page