Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "SKENE" - 959 Messages

per page

Davis' Posted on: 29 Feb 2000, by  kiajone

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Bolivar

I am searching for information on my grandmother Alice Judith Davis. She was born in Skene. Her mother's name was Maggie or Mattie Davis (married). She died around 1915-1916. Her husbands name was Mose Dav...

Skene Posted on: 26 Feb 2000, by Noreen Irbe

Surnames > Skene

Not sure if this is any help. There was people by the name of SKENE POWNEY living in Dauphin, Man. Don't know much more about them, but they would be buried there and maybe the Gen.Soc. in Dauphin could ...

Re: Skeen family (3rd try) Posted on: 31 May 2004, by  Craig Kisabet...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > Beaver

...Descendants of Chesley Skeen Generation No. 1 1. CHESLEY8 SKEEN (MOSES A.7, JOHN6, JOHN5, MATTHEW4 SKENE, JOHN3, ALEXANDER2 SCHENE, ROBERT1 SKENE) was born June 15, 1838 in Jefferson Co., Tennessee, and die...

Re: Looking for James Milne Posted on: 15 Oct 2004, by Audrey Hall

Surnames > Milne

...who married ? Mowat William & Isobel were born Dunnottar, their father was James Milne born 1799 Skene. Any connection. Audrey

Re: Scottish McGalliards.....The origin Posted on: 13 May 2002, by Pat McGalliard Reed

Surnames > McGalliard

...Scotland. I have done much research and found that the McGalliard's were septs of two Scottish clans: Skene and Ogilvy/Ogilvie. I have also heard stories about two brothers who fled Hugenot persecution in ...

Re: Shinnie Posted on: 14 Sep 2006, by Martina Sherwin

Surnames > Shinnie

...name I looked at a map of "Location of the Clans" and the area around Aberdeen seems to be Skene country. Now I know the Shinnies can be traced back to the area to about 1650. When I looked at th...

Re: Shinnie Posted on: 14 Sep 2006, by  belrick53

Surnames > Shinnie

...from. We'd be happy to share any information that would help. I doubt very much that there is a link to Skene.

McGalliard Scottish clans Posted on: 07 Nov 2000, by  PReed7964

Surnames > McGalliard

...Todd, there are two clans that I know of that exist in Scotland that the McGalliard's are sept names of: Skene, and Ogilvie/Ogilvy and then there's Ross clan that the McTaggarts are from. Good luck! I have...

Shinnie Posted on: 18 Jan 2006, by Martina Sherwin

Surnames > Shinnie

Does anybody know if the name Shinnie is a derivation of the name Skene? The Skenes are a Clan in Aberdeen. My husband's ancestors Shinnie go back to the 1600's in Aberdeen, which is the area, where the Sk...

Scotland and here Posted on: 02 Nov 2000, by  r_mcg

Surnames > McGalliard

I too was told at a clan gathering that McGalliard was a sept of clan Skene. We were also told that the original name might have been McHalliard or McHallyard or Halyard. I'm looking for relatives of Willi...

McGalliard's in Scotland Posted on: 08 Oct 2000, by  PReed7964

Surnames > McGalliard

...listed. They were sept names (means they married into the clans) and the clans were Ogilvie/Ogilvy and Skene. On some of the Skene sites it has indeed shown McGalliard as a sept name, but so far no one's been a...

Re: John Bonner Christie Posted on: 05 Nov 2005, by Elizabeth

Surnames > Christie

...Bonner Christie is my great great grandfather. His son Andrew Buchan Christie married Williamina Smith Skene Dec 30, 1897. They had 5 children. Their daughter Evelyn was my grandmother. Williamina kept lot...

Re: Alexander Rae - Kintore, Aberdeen Posted on: 04 Dec 2004, by  Merytt

Surnames > Rae

...Robert Rae and Elizabeth Matheson line. My gg grandfather was their child; Andrew Rae born 1836 in Skene Aberdeenshire. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Merytt

Re: Alexander Rae - Kintore, Aberdeen Posted on: 21 Dec 2001, by  @@p.brannan@v...

Surnames > Rae

...Alexander Rae (b1863, Kintore) I am seeking was the son of John (James) Rae (b1836) and Jane Milne (b1840, Skene). Alexander's siblings were John (b1865), James (b1872) and Margaret (b 1874). John (James) ...

Christie Aberdeenshire Posted on: 10 Nov 2000, by  BMurray2609

Surnames > Christie

Thomas Christie Married Janet Williamson, had Jonn 1802,James 1806,Thomas 1808,Elizabeth 1810 all born Skene Abd. margaret 1812 born Old Macher. Eliz marries John Adam Kintore 1832. Have details of Eliz. ...

Susannah Rees Posted on: 18 Aug 2000, by  maaryann

Surnames > Rees

I have Susannah Rees b. PA, who was married 1754 PA to Jonathan Alexander Skene (Skeen), b. 1730 in PA and had following children: James, Rebecca, Peter, Susannah, and Jonathan. Is there a connection? Than...

Robert TOWERS (of MN) md. Helen LEYS - in 1888 Posted on: 25 Feb 2006, by carole

Surnames > Towers

Helen, born 1862 @ Sarnia was the daughter of George Leys/Jane Skene, both born Scotland. She married Robert Towers and I have found two offspring for this couple to date : 1891 - George, died 1971 1894...

Re: William RAE b abt 1874 Aberdeen d1945 Essex England Posted on: 08 Sep 2003, by Gary Lawrie

Surnames > Rae

...a family of Rae's from Aberdeenshire in my line. They were largely from the Kintore and Kirkton of Skene area of Aberdeenshire but its possible there may be some connection, dependent on whether you have ...

Skeen Posted on: 11 Jan 2001, by  maaryann

Surnames > Reese

...sounds like she is certainly related somehow. I got the information about Rebecca from a post on the Skene mailing list but have not verified it.

Susannah Rees Posted on: 18 Aug 2000, by  maaryann

Surnames > Reese

...am looking for more info on Susannah Rees b. in PA and who was married in 1754 to Jonathan Alexander Skene (Skeen) b. 1730 in PA. They had following children: James, Rowena, Peter, Susannah, and Jonathan. ...

Re: John LONGMUIR married Christian PATERSON in Banff, Scotland, 1800 Posted on: 20 Jun 2003, by MVLongmuir

Surnames > Longmuir

...Pupils" of Aberdeen Grammar School, who is recorded as the "son of James L. Longmuir, 115 Skene St West, Aberdeen". My father also notes that the family of James L. Longmuir, Skene St. West did ...

Jane LEYS (1864-0000) married William THOMPSON (of Toronto) Posted on: 25 Feb 2006, by carole

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Jane was the fourth daughter of George Leys/Jane Skene (both born Scotland) and in 1881 she was with family @ Sarnia.... Understand she married the above, date place unknown..... Is anyone either researc...

SKENE/GIBSON marriage Posted on: 26 Jan 2006, by  mrsg72

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Simcoe

I found the following notice--- TORONTO DAILY STAR Thursday, February 13, 1902 GIBSON-SKENE---On Feb.5 at the residence of Mr. J. Graham, Hamilton, by the Rev. James SKENE of Hillsdale, brother of the bride, Thomas Ran...

BOOTH & CAMERON (Montreal Connection) Posted on: 22 Feb 2005, by  louiselarivie...

Localities > North America > Canada > Québec > Montréal > General

I have Elizabeth Booth d/o John Booth & Elizabeth Cameron in our line. born mid 1800 in Skene Aberdeenshire.Is Elizabeth Cameron on your list of names? I was also born in Montreal Louise

ADMIN NOTE: re Genealogical Posts to the Clan Skene Board & List Posted on: 08 Nov 2006, by  13confido

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Celtic > Scottish Clans > Clan Skene

Dear Clan Skene Posters: Please bear in mind that the genealogical portion of the Clan Skene list and board should keep within the time frame of the Clan System being active in Scotland. This would be up thr...

Hey!! Posted on: 06 Nov 2006, by Tori Skene

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Celtic > Scottish Clans > Clan Skene

Hey all Skene's!! My name is Tori Skene. I live in California with my parents Mike and Sue Skene. Hoping one day to go to Scotland. im 14 and used to Highland Dance. -Tori Skene

Re: Moffit Littlejohn Posted on: 26 May 2004, by  treelookerkw7...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Oakland

I talked with the cemetery. They said both went to Skene Funeral Home in Detroit. Unfortunately I think they are out of business. But since they went to a Funeral Home in Detroit they may have lived there....

Fowler Family Posted on: 12 Dec 1998, by  Catherine_Nie...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dunbartonshire > General

Looking into my G/Grandfather,mother George Fowler b.1845 Skene Aberdeenshire, m Mary Ann Melvin 1874 St Nicholas Aberdeenshire they both d. in the Dis.of Old Kilpatrick ? George bef.1909 Mary Ann aft 1909...

Surname Hay Posted on: 02 Nov 1998, by JSkene

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > East Lothian > General

I am interested in the surname Hay as my ggrandmother Catherine Hay was married to Robert Skene in Scotland. Any info you have regarding Catherine would be appreciated.

Rennie Family in Alexandria - Bonhill - Dumbarton Posted on: 28 Jul 2004, by Colin Smith

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dunbartonshire > General

...curious about any clan associations. I have found references to Clan MacDonnell of Keppoch and Clan Skene but have no idea how accurate that is or even where else to look. Any information or tips on wher...

SKENE, William Wilson Posted on: 01 Mar 1999, by Cathy Schmierer

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dumfriesshire > General

Looking for siblings or children of William Wilson SKENE b1836 in Castle Douglas. Married Alexandrina CAMERON of Liverpool. ?Emigrated to Australia before 1864.

Obit: Mary Thelma (Tuck) Johnson Cavell b.1912 Lachine, QUE Posted on: 05 Apr 2005, by  kttrucking1

Surnames > Tuck

...and Lynne (Eric Williams) of Priddis; and stepchildren, Ronald (Patricia) of Edmonton, Kathleen (Leigh Skene) of Oxford, England, Dorothy (Gerry Sims) of Ottawa and Edward (Donna Livingstone) of Calgary. S...

Ann Peter Posted on: 18 Mar 2005, by Mrafuse

Surnames > Peter

...Cruickshank's parents were John Cruickshank and Ann Peter. They were married November 23, 1845 in Parish of Skene, Aberdeen, Scotland. According to my records they had at least 5 children. Any information...

Catherine White m John Skeen/Skene Posted on: 14 Jul 2004, by lynda j wilson

Surnames > White

Looking for info on Catherine White who was born 11 Apr 1769 in VA. She married John Skene/Skeen in VA on 16 Jan 1787. He is the son of Matthew Skene and Janet Titus. Her father's name might have been Mo...

Minto Family Posted on: 11 Jun 2001, by  Frannylou

Surnames > Minto

I am looking for information on a James Minto and Mary Skene from Scotland. They came to the USA but I'm not sure when. They had a daughter named Stella and Dorothy and a son named James and William, I bel...

Shirreffs Posted on: 12 May 2002, by Barbara Hastings

Surnames > Shirreffs

...which were born in Fintray, and 3 in Keithhall, Aberdeen. My g-grandfather Archibald m. Christian Skene on December 28, 1849 in Fintray, Aberdeen. I was wondering if there is any connection between you...

SKENE, LISTER Posted on: 30 Aug 1998, by Chris Larsen

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > York

Looking for information on Alexander Skene (ca1873) who married Ellen Lister. Alexander & Ellen were residing in McAdam, York Co., NB in the 1920's. Thank you.

Re: Jessie KELMAN Posted on: 02 Nov 2003, by dmgrant

Surnames > Kelman

Have info re: Jessie Kelman, born circa 1831, Skene, Sct. Family history indicates she was a cousin to Helen (Gordon) Grant of Dufftown, Banffshire, tho' I have not been able to make the connection. She...

Ewing`s from Waterford, Keswick,Ontario, Canada Posted on: 26 Jun 2002, by Marilyn Butler

Surnames > Ewing

William A. (Ewen)Ewing, b.1817,Skene,Aberdeen, Scotland, d.Feb. 23, 1885,in Vittoria, Ont.Canada. md. Ann Abel , md. Dec.3,1843 in aberdeen scotland, Ann was b. 1825,Aberdeen Scotland. d. Nov. 14,1908 in ...

Re: Louis Gardipee and Marie Cardinal Posted on: 01 Jul 2005, by  GailC550

Surnames > Gardipee

...children (names on declaration) - Scrip for $160 - Claim 401 The Peter Hogden here is an AKA for Peter Skene Ogden Scrip of DAUGHTER, Marie Cardinal: RG15 , Interior , ...

Can anyone help phonetically? Posted on: 24 Jun 2004, by  Michele Bende...

Surnames > Mawson

Can someone help with this? I have a 2nd great-grandfather, William Skene, who was born 1841/42 in Aberdeenshire, Scotland to Jane Leslie Skene (widow of Andrew) and a Thomas Masson. They never married. I only ...

Re: Can anyone help phonetically? Posted on: 09 Jun 2006, by  Michele Bende...

Surnames > Mawson

...in Aberdeen, Scotland around 1841/42. He never actually married William Skene's mother, Jane Leslie Skene-widow of Andrew Skene, but is reported as his father on his marriage record.

Thomas Coutts/Christian Bothwell Aberdeenshire Posted on: 23 Jun 2001, by  squinny

Surnames > Coutts

...Bothwell. They were married 1853 in Kintore, Aberdeenshire. Their children were John Alexander b. 1854 in Skene; Betsy Bonnar b. 1855 in Skene; Mary Rait b. 1857 in Keig; Alexander 1859, Isabella 1861, Christia...

Samuel Tomkinson family Posted on: 27 Feb 2000, by Deb Palisano

Surnames > West

Tracing family of Samuel and Beatrice (Skene) Tomkinson. Samuel was the son of Harry and Genny (Hackett) Tomkinson. Trying to trace family tree and any help would be nice. Contact me at buelah_99@aol.com

Scanes Family Posted on: 20 Nov 2000, by Scanes Tommy

Surnames > Scanes

There are a few Scanes in South Africa. As far as I know the Scanes family originated in Scotland (Skene Clan)and were moved (or were deported to Australia. Mr Great grandfather visited South Africa as ban...

scanes Posted on: 08 Oct 2000, by  andreskains

Surnames > Scanes

...Carolina which is where our family roots are located in the early 1700's. Our family origins are from Skene near Aberdeen, Scotland. I have no idea if this my just be a variant spelling of the name. Good l...

Catherine White m John Skene Posted on: 30 Apr 2002, by Lynda J Wilson

Surnames > White

Catherine White was born in VA on 11 Apr 1766/9. She married on 16 Jan 1787 John Skeen and they moved to Jefferson Co. TN. They had 9 children: Mary, Dorcas, Elizabeth, Ingabo, Catherine, Moses, Ma...

Thomas Manson, b. England, living in Scotland Posted on: 22 Jun 2004, by  Michele Bende...

Surnames > Manson

I am trying to find out a bit more about Thomas Manson. He appears in the 1841 Census for Fintray, Aberdeenshire, Scotland in District 1, address given is Hillhead. He is living with a hodge-podge o...

Annie Mountain Whitcher/Archibald McGillivary Shirreffs Posted on: 18 Jul 2001, by  BHastings4561

Surnames > Whitcher

...Stanstead, Que or Almonte, Ont. Archibald Shirreffs was married twice the first time to a Christiana Skene they had two children Andrew Shirreffs b. 1868 d. 28 Nov 1886, William Shirreffs b.d. June 17, 18...

Obit. Mae Ople Rodgers Posted on: 20 Apr 2004, by  kayrom63

Surnames > Rodgers

Aug. 5, 1925-April 11, 2004 Mae Ople Rodgers, 78, of San Diego died April 11. She was born in Skene, Miss. Survivors include her son, Raymond Rodgers of San Diego; and sisters, Pete Allen of Shreveport, ...

per page