Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "SKENE" - 959 Messages

per page

Re: Hannah Posted on: 30 Dec 2002, by  @@j.e.bartos@...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Dakota > Counties > Cavalier

Hi Ken: I know of a James Booth who married Isabelle Skene in Ontario. She was a sister to James Harvey Skene who pioneered in Cavalier County (near present day Hannah). James Skene's daughter Ada married Tho...

John Cowie born Banff Posted on: 27 May 2001, by  MicheleBender...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Banffshire > General

I am trying to follow up on a lead from the 1881 Census for Newhills, Aberdeen. My 2nd great grandparents were John Cowie and Catherine Dunbar. I believe they were married 28 Jan 1866 in Premnay, Aber...

Re: Hannah's, Cavalier Cty., N. Dakota Posted on: 10 Sep 2001, by  AO3093426

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Dakota > Counties > Cavalier

Dear Mr. Hannah: I am a SKENE and KING family researcher. Both families lived in the Hannah, ND area beginning in the 1886 time frame. James Harvey Skene and his wife Eliza (Vickers) Skene homesteaded in Byron Tow...

FAMILY NAME SKENE Posted on: 27 May 2001, by EILEEN MILLER

I AM TRYING TO HELP MY MOTHER IN LAW TRACE HER FAMILY ALL FROM KEITH HER MAIDEN NAME WAS SKENE. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANKS.

Alec JAMIESON Posted on: 19 Nov 2000, by  GeorgeJamieso...

I have a Alexander COBBAN b.Nov 1898 Skene St.,Aberdeen. Mother was Margaret Walker COBBAN from Peterculter,Aberdeen. Margaret subsequently m.1903 George Davidson JAMIESON. I have not been able to find any...

Mose Davis in Mississippi Posted on: 10 Mar 2000, by  kiajone

Surnames > Davis

...woman named Mattie (Austin?). They had a daughter named Alice Judith Davis. This all probably occured in Skene, Bolivar County

Re: Cemeteries of North Dakota: Cavalier County Posted on: 09 Aug 2005, by John E. Bartos/Colorado/USA

...know if the Hannah Cemetery is listed, but I am interested in any entries for the following surnames: SKENE, KING, and HERWICK. No hurry, whenever you might have time. Thank you!!

Ship Loss Posted on: 05 May 2001, by Ian Whittaker

Lori, I wonder if you are referring to the BARON SKENE. This Banff registered schooner, built in 1874, foundered 4 miles east of Kinnaird Head on the 3rd Jan 1875. Master's name was Masson. Most of the oth...

MITCHELL / SKINNER Posted on: 13 Jul 1998, by Harley Phillips

...Gamrie. They had no children as far as known. Robert Mitchell died February 4, 1914, when living at 26 Skene Street, Macduff. Thank you very much. Harley Phillips.

GRANT/CARMICHAEL, Aberlour Posted on: 07 Oct 2001, by Lisa Grant Coffin

...Forgue, Ythan Wells, St. Nicholas, ABD. 1840's-1891+ Greenock, Renfrewshire 1880-1886 Collaterals: SKENE (Insch, Premnay, ABD) ...

Re: Dow Geneology Posted on: 09 Aug 2001, by Bruce Ritchie

My wife was Grace Dow. In the 19th Century her ancestors included Lawrence Skene Dow of Leith, a ship trader, who owned the ship 'The Skene' which was built at Perth. There were several generations of Skene Dows, an...

Dow Geneology Posted on: 05 Jan 2001, by Margo (Dow, Skene) McLean

I am looking for any information from a Dow or Skene family member. Decendents from James Dow and Helen Taylor whose son Joseph Dow born 20 June 1766 Banff, Aberlour, Scotland, died in quebec 114 Dec 1860....

Skeen Posted on: 26 Jul 1999, by  julieward28

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Wise

I need someone who has access to the Wise Co. History book to look up The Skeen(s) Family in Wise Co., VA. First names include: James, Peter, Jonathan Alexander, Jonathan Rees, and John. Thank you.

Researching Ancestors Posted on: 29 May 2000, by  66822a

Searching for descendants of James Harvey Skene and Eliza Vickers Skene who homesteaded in Byron Township, Cavalier County, ND in 1886. Their daughter Ada Sophia Skene married Thomas James King, son of John King Sr....

ELIZABETH MARIE ABNEY Posted on: 07 Dec 2001, by  Betty Aron Sc...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Leflore

...Winona; two sons, David Abney of Atlanta and Allan Abney of Tupelo; two sisters, Jo Anne Andrews of Skene and Diane Stokely of Germantown, Tenn.; five brothers, Calvin Miller of Duck Hill, Ralph Miller of ...

Re: JAMES L. ANDERSON/ chatham N.B. Posted on: 12 Jan 2003, by Gayle Avery

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > General

My great great grandfather was George Skene Keith Anderson , born 1799 in Scotland Marriedto Margaret Givan Creighton, born Dumfrieshire, Scotland. They were married March 18 1825. I have quite abit of i...

Re: JAMES L. ANDERSON/ chatham N.B. Posted on: 19 Jul 2002, by  RuthAndersont...

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > General

...Chatham and Douglastown,N.B. Do not recognize the names you mention. My husband was descended from George Skene Keith Anderson who came to NB from Scotland ca 1820.

SKENE/GIBSON marriage Posted on: 26 Jan 2006, by  mrsg72

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Simcoe

I found the following notice--- TORONTO DAILY STAR Thursday, February 13, 1902 GIBSON-SKENE---On Feb.5 at the residence of Mr. J. Graham, Hamilton, by the Rev. James SKENE of Hillsdale, brother of the bride, Thomas Ran...

Susannah Rees Posted on: 18 Aug 2000, by  maaryann

Surnames > Rees

I have Susannah Rees b. PA, who was married 1754 PA to Jonathan Alexander Skene (Skeen), b. 1730 in PA and had following children: James, Rebecca, Peter, Susannah, and Jonathan. Is there a connection? Than...

Re: John LONGMUIR married Christian PATERSON in Banff, Scotland, 1800 Posted on: 20 Jun 2003, by MVLongmuir

Surnames > Longmuir

...Pupils" of Aberdeen Grammar School, who is recorded as the "son of James L. Longmuir, 115 Skene St West, Aberdeen". My father also notes that the family of James L. Longmuir, Skene St. West did ...

Jane LEYS (1864-0000) married William THOMPSON (of Toronto) Posted on: 25 Feb 2006, by carole

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Jane was the fourth daughter of George Leys/Jane Skene (both born Scotland) and in 1881 she was with family @ Sarnia.... Understand she married the above, date place unknown..... Is anyone either researc...

BOOTH & CAMERON (Montreal Connection) Posted on: 22 Feb 2005, by  louiselarivie...

Localities > North America > Canada > Québec > Montréal > General

I have Elizabeth Booth d/o John Booth & Elizabeth Cameron in our line. born mid 1800 in Skene Aberdeenshire.Is Elizabeth Cameron on your list of names? I was also born in Montreal Louise

ADMIN NOTE: re Genealogical Posts to the Clan Skene Board & List Posted on: 08 Nov 2006, by  13confido

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Celtic > Scottish Clans > Clan Skene

Dear Clan Skene Posters: Please bear in mind that the genealogical portion of the Clan Skene list and board should keep within the time frame of the Clan System being active in Scotland. This would be up thr...

Hey!! Posted on: 06 Nov 2006, by Tori Skene

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Celtic > Scottish Clans > Clan Skene

Hey all Skene's!! My name is Tori Skene. I live in California with my parents Mike and Sue Skene. Hoping one day to go to Scotland. im 14 and used to Highland Dance. -Tori Skene

Re: Moffit Littlejohn Posted on: 26 May 2004, by  treelookerkw7...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Oakland

I talked with the cemetery. They said both went to Skene Funeral Home in Detroit. Unfortunately I think they are out of business. But since they went to a Funeral Home in Detroit they may have lived there....

Fowler Family Posted on: 12 Dec 1998, by  Catherine_Nie...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dunbartonshire > General

Looking into my G/Grandfather,mother George Fowler b.1845 Skene Aberdeenshire, m Mary Ann Melvin 1874 St Nicholas Aberdeenshire they both d. in the Dis.of Old Kilpatrick ? George bef.1909 Mary Ann aft 1909...

Surname Hay Posted on: 02 Nov 1998, by JSkene

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > East Lothian > General

I am interested in the surname Hay as my ggrandmother Catherine Hay was married to Robert Skene in Scotland. Any info you have regarding Catherine would be appreciated.

Rennie Family in Alexandria - Bonhill - Dumbarton Posted on: 28 Jul 2004, by Colin Smith

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dunbartonshire > General

...curious about any clan associations. I have found references to Clan MacDonnell of Keppoch and Clan Skene but have no idea how accurate that is or even where else to look. Any information or tips on wher...

SKENE, William Wilson Posted on: 01 Mar 1999, by Cathy Schmierer

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dumfriesshire > General

Looking for siblings or children of William Wilson SKENE b1836 in Castle Douglas. Married Alexandrina CAMERON of Liverpool. ?Emigrated to Australia before 1864.

Re: Alexander Rae - Kintore, Aberdeen Posted on: 04 Dec 2004, by  Merytt

Surnames > Rae

...Robert Rae and Elizabeth Matheson line. My gg grandfather was their child; Andrew Rae born 1836 in Skene Aberdeenshire. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Merytt

Re: Alexander Rae - Kintore, Aberdeen Posted on: 21 Dec 2001, by  @@p.brannan@v...

Surnames > Rae

...Alexander Rae (b1863, Kintore) I am seeking was the son of John (James) Rae (b1836) and Jane Milne (b1840, Skene). Alexander's siblings were John (b1865), James (b1872) and Margaret (b 1874). John (James) ...

Re: Looking for James Milne Posted on: 15 Oct 2004, by Audrey Hall

Surnames > Milne

...who married ? Mowat William & Isobel were born Dunnottar, their father was James Milne born 1799 Skene. Any connection. Audrey

Re: Shinnie Posted on: 14 Sep 2006, by Martina Sherwin

Surnames > Shinnie

...name I looked at a map of "Location of the Clans" and the area around Aberdeen seems to be Skene country. Now I know the Shinnies can be traced back to the area to about 1650. When I looked at th...

Re: Shinnie Posted on: 14 Sep 2006, by  belrick53

Surnames > Shinnie

...from. We'd be happy to share any information that would help. I doubt very much that there is a link to Skene.

Shinnie Posted on: 18 Jan 2006, by Martina Sherwin

Surnames > Shinnie

Does anybody know if the name Shinnie is a derivation of the name Skene? The Skenes are a Clan in Aberdeen. My husband's ancestors Shinnie go back to the 1600's in Aberdeen, which is the area, where the Sk...

Re: John Bonner Christie Posted on: 05 Nov 2005, by Elizabeth

Surnames > Christie

...Bonner Christie is my great great grandfather. His son Andrew Buchan Christie married Williamina Smith Skene Dec 30, 1897. They had 5 children. Their daughter Evelyn was my grandmother. Williamina kept lot...

Christie Aberdeenshire Posted on: 10 Nov 2000, by  BMurray2609

Surnames > Christie

Thomas Christie Married Janet Williamson, had Jonn 1802,James 1806,Thomas 1808,Elizabeth 1810 all born Skene Abd. margaret 1812 born Old Macher. Eliz marries John Adam Kintore 1832. Have details of Eliz. ...

Robert TOWERS (of MN) md. Helen LEYS - in 1888 Posted on: 25 Feb 2006, by carole

Surnames > Towers

Helen, born 1862 @ Sarnia was the daughter of George Leys/Jane Skene, both born Scotland. She married Robert Towers and I have found two offspring for this couple to date : 1891 - George, died 1971 1894...

Re: William RAE b abt 1874 Aberdeen d1945 Essex England Posted on: 08 Sep 2003, by Gary Lawrie

Surnames > Rae

...a family of Rae's from Aberdeenshire in my line. They were largely from the Kintore and Kirkton of Skene area of Aberdeenshire but its possible there may be some connection, dependent on whether you have ...

Re: Scottish McGalliards.....The origin Posted on: 13 May 2002, by Pat McGalliard Reed

Surnames > McGalliard

...Scotland. I have done much research and found that the McGalliard's were septs of two Scottish clans: Skene and Ogilvy/Ogilvie. I have also heard stories about two brothers who fled Hugenot persecution in ...

McGalliard Scottish clans Posted on: 07 Nov 2000, by  PReed7964

Surnames > McGalliard

...Todd, there are two clans that I know of that exist in Scotland that the McGalliard's are sept names of: Skene, and Ogilvie/Ogilvy and then there's Ross clan that the McTaggarts are from. Good luck! I have...

Scotland and here Posted on: 02 Nov 2000, by  r_mcg

Surnames > McGalliard

I too was told at a clan gathering that McGalliard was a sept of clan Skene. We were also told that the original name might have been McHalliard or McHallyard or Halyard. I'm looking for relatives of Willi...

McGalliard's in Scotland Posted on: 08 Oct 2000, by  PReed7964

Surnames > McGalliard

...listed. They were sept names (means they married into the clans) and the clans were Ogilvie/Ogilvy and Skene. On some of the Skene sites it has indeed shown McGalliard as a sept name, but so far no one's been a...

Skeen Posted on: 11 Jan 2001, by  maaryann

Surnames > Reese

...sounds like she is certainly related somehow. I got the information about Rebecca from a post on the Skene mailing list but have not verified it.

Susannah Rees Posted on: 18 Aug 2000, by  maaryann

Surnames > Reese

...am looking for more info on Susannah Rees b. in PA and who was married in 1754 to Jonathan Alexander Skene (Skeen) b. 1730 in PA. They had following children: James, Rowena, Peter, Susannah, and Jonathan. ...

Re: Book on Ewings early to late Posted on: 26 Jun 2002, by Marilyn Butler

Surnames > Ewing

...decentant of William A (Ewen) Ewing and Ann Abel, They came to Canada in 1851. William was born in 1817, Skene, Aberdeen Scotland,d. Feb. 23,1885 in Vittoria, Onatario Canada. Hope to hear from you. ...

Obit: Mary Thelma (Tuck) Johnson Cavell b.1912 Lachine, QUE Posted on: 05 Apr 2005, by  kttrucking1

Surnames > Tuck

...and Lynne (Eric Williams) of Priddis; and stepchildren, Ronald (Patricia) of Edmonton, Kathleen (Leigh Skene) of Oxford, England, Dorothy (Gerry Sims) of Ottawa and Edward (Donna Livingstone) of Calgary. S...

SKENE, LISTER Posted on: 30 Aug 1998, by Chris Larsen

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > York

Looking for information on Alexander Skene (ca1873) who married Ellen Lister. Alexander & Ellen were residing in McAdam, York Co., NB in the 1920's. Thank you.

Re: Jessie KELMAN Posted on: 02 Nov 2003, by dmgrant

Surnames > Kelman

Have info re: Jessie Kelman, born circa 1831, Skene, Sct. Family history indicates she was a cousin to Helen (Gordon) Grant of Dufftown, Banffshire, tho' I have not been able to make the connection. She...

Ewing`s from Waterford, Keswick,Ontario, Canada Posted on: 26 Jun 2002, by Marilyn Butler

Surnames > Ewing

William A. (Ewen)Ewing, b.1817,Skene,Aberdeen, Scotland, d.Feb. 23, 1885,in Vittoria, Ont.Canada. md. Ann Abel , md. Dec.3,1843 in aberdeen scotland, Ann was b. 1825,Aberdeen Scotland. d. Nov. 14,1908 in ...

per page