Search the Boards

Search Results for "boness" - 780 Messages

per page

Snedden/Sneddon/Snaddon/Snadon Etc. Posted on: 15 Jul 2001, by Craig Snedden

Surnames > Snedden

...note on the spelling of "Snedden". I'm based in central Scotland, my ancestors come from Bo'ness, near Edinburgh. During my research of the documentation, BDM's parish records etc. I have noticed...

Re: MARSHALL GEORGE OR wILLIAM AND ISABELLA Posted on: 31 Jul 2001, by  WendyBroad

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Midlothian (Edinburgh) > General

...WIILIAM. From the little information that I have managed to find so far, the parishes of: Kirkliston, Bo'ness, and Westar, Duntarvie, Abercorn.seem to be a possibility. I have found perhaps some other siblin...

Re: Henry Logan Posted on: 06 Oct 2001, by  lesleykeppel

Surnames > Logan

My Henry was born 1848 in Kinneil Bo'ness Scotland he went to Virginia U.S.A .I dont know when but he was there in 1879 when his father (also Henry) died. Henry we think had 3 children ,as Henry was the eld...

Re: Walter Tank Posted on: 04 Nov 2001, by James Tank

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

My relatives came from Zirkwitz, Pommern. They came to America about 1871 and settled in LaSalle County, Illinois. After a few years they moved to Calumet County, Wisconsin, near Appleton. Most of ...

Re: Patons from Bo'ness Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland Posted on: 27 Nov 2001, by  PatonHouse

Surnames > Paton

My grandfather James Gibson Paton was born in Bo'ness in the 1890's came to Australia with wife Margaret Jarvie Lennox from Wishaw in 1920's, Paton's originate from Sirling and St Ninians. Maybe I can share ...

Yaeger-Boness/Bronner - New York Posted on: 11 Jan 2002, by  J_Winey

Surnames > Yaeger

...Anna Catherine, and 3 brothers, Frederick, George and Henry. Timeframe approx. 1860. She married John Boness and Anna Catherine married Joseph Bronner Sr. They came from Buffalo to Queens, NY. May have ori...

Re: McFarlane from Loch Broom Posted on: 13 Jan 2002, by  @@d&mcross@xt...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ross & Cromarty > General

...except that she was married in Perth in 1849 to Roderick Shaw, they lived in Old Monkland and then in Bo'ness.Their eldest son Alexander came to New Zealand in 1874. My Mother was a Shaw so have been trying ...

Re: BINNIE FAMILY Posted on: 27 Jan 2002, by W Wallace

Surnames > Binnie

...other information that we may be able to link up on. Following are names on my database associated with Bo'ness. Anderson Arkley Bald Binnie Dobbie Frater Gemmell Gemmells Graham Hardie Har...

Thomson family from Airdrie, Lanark, Scotland Posted on: 01 Feb 2002, by  anauts

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...Lanark. Married Janet ????? born abt 1840 in Carriden, Linlithgow. Children: John Thomson born 1867 in Boness, linlithgow. Archibald B. born 1873 in Slamannan, Sterling. Margaret born 1875 in Boness, Linlithgow....

Re: Thomson family from Airdrie, Lanark, Scotland Posted on: 04 Feb 2002, by  CharleneDunba...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...born before 1875: Christina THOMSON - International Genealogical Index Gender: F Birth: 13 Dec 1865 Bo'ness, West Lothian, Scotland John THOMSON - International Genealogical Index Gender: M Birth: 1 Au...

Thomas Cant from Bo'ness Posted on: 19 Feb 2002, by  rivercot

Surnames > Cant

I am researching Thomas Cant from Bo'ness. He was born 1804 and married Jean Falconer( 1805-1847). They had several children one of whom was James (1842-1872) who married Anne Reid. They had 4 boys and moved...

John Halliday Posted on: 14 Mar 2002, by  nilved

Surnames > Halliday

...d unknown. John, b abt 1877, Blantyre, Lanarkshire, d unknown, passed through Ellis Island 1905 from Bo'ness, Scotland. Edward, b abt 1880, Blantyre, d unknown, passed through Ellis Island 1904 from Bo'ness. James ...

Margaret Sommerville, Old Monklands, Lanarkshire, Scotland. Posted on: 15 Mar 2002, by  nilved

Surnames > Sommerville

...d unknown. John, b abt 1877, Blantyre, Lanarkshire, d unknown, passed through Ellis Island 1905 from Bo'ness, Scotland. Edward, b abt 1880, Blantyre, d unknown, passed through Ellis Island 1904 from Bo'ness. James ...

Mary Anne Egan/James Devlin Posted on: 15 Mar 2002, by  nilved

Surnames > Egan

Mary Anne Coyne/Michael Egan, Bo'ness, Scotland? Posted on: 15 Mar 2002, by  nilved

Surnames > Coyne

Looking for information on any of the following people especially Mary Anne Coyne/Michael Egan probably of Bo'ness, West Lothian, Scotland. See story below: Margaret Sommerville married a John Halliady on t...

obit for Bernadine L. Briggs Posted on: 23 Apr 2002, by tigerlily =';'=

Surnames > Briggs

...is survived by her husband; daughters, Erika and Erinn; son, Jon Thomas; parents, Dick and Lorraine Boness; father-in-law and mother-in-law Dave and Phyllis Briggs; brother Brett; his wife Teresa and their ...

Re: Drysdales Posted on: 27 Apr 2002, by Elizabeth Burns

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

I am a direct descendant of Elizabeth Black Drysdale from Bo'ness Scotland. She was my great grandmother.She married William Furley in Melbourne Australia in 1855 and went to the Ballarat goldfields. I have ...

AITCHESON -> Glasgow to Boness Posted on: 11 Jun 2002, by  maitcheson

I am investigating the AITCHESON surname with particular relevance to the area between Glasgow and Boness from 1700 to 1800. I am looking for any information on Aitchesons no matter how obscure. Can anyone ...

Thomas AITCHESON and Helen HENDERSON Posted on: 14 Jun 2002, by  maitcheson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Midlothian (Edinburgh) > General

...am searching for information / relatives of Thomas AITCHESON (mariner) and Helen HENDERSON married in Boness 17 Sep 1816. They had three children - Thomas (25 Nov 1821), Robert (1824), James (1827). Regard...

Re: Stainton's in Scotland Posted on: 10 Jul 2002, by Norman Hilton

Surnames > Stainton

I came across your posting made some time ago. I am researching the Aitken's of Bo'ness and Linlithgow and I have a Richard Aitken (mariner) who had a natural son named Richard in 1813 by an Isabella Stainto...

DOBIE of Bo'ness, Linlithgowshire Posted on: 15 Jul 2002, by  sonflower1

Surnames > Dobie

We just discovered that my wife's family goes back to Bo'ness. Her ggf was William Robert DOBIE, born c 1861 in Bo'ness. He died in California in 1895. Does anyone have a connection with this family? love to hear a...

NORTH/MALARKIE/Y San Pedro Posted on: 31 Jul 2002, by  Allanna_B

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Los Angeles

Searching descendants of FREDERICK NORTH b. 3.4.1895 London who married MARY CANT WILLIAMSON MALARKIE/Y b.10.6.1896 in Bo'ness Scotland and died San Pedro Los Angeles CA.

NORTH/MALARKIE/Y San Pedro Posted on: 31 Jul 2002, by  Allanna_B

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Los Angeles

Searching descendants of FREDERICK NORTH b. 3.4.1895 London who married MARY CANT WILLIAMSON MALARKIE/Y b.10.6.1896 in Bo'ness Scotland and died San Pedro Los Angeles CA.

Re: Liddle's Scotland Posted on: 11 Aug 2002, by  bigerko

Surnames > Liddle

...you may have found on the Lapsley's it would really help me.my grandfather william lapsley was from bo'ness he had a few brothers walter, james(possibly)not sure about sisters he married my grandmother flore...

LAPSLEY OF BO'NESS Posted on: 11 Aug 2002, by  bigerko

Surnames > Liddle

If anyone has any info they could share on the lapsley family of bo'ness I would be most gratefull.my grandfather William lapsley was from there born about 1900-1925 had a few brothers,walter, possibly james...

Re: Liddle's Scotland Posted on: 11 Aug 2002, by Andrea Liddle Talbot

Surnames > Liddle

...http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cqi-bin/igm.cqi?db=djgrant, you will find a lot of Lapsley folks under surnames that might be of interest from the Bo'ness area. Not having a reference point, I am stuck o...

Re: Liddle's Scotland Posted on: 12 Aug 2002, by Andrea Liddle Talbot

Surnames > Liddle

...Grant who is one of the autors of the web site I forwarded to you. He lives in Scotland and comes from Bo'ness, we share the same GGG grandparents (Liddle), but his line went to Grant. So he might be able ...

Re: James Learmonth. Posted on: 14 Aug 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

...The family came through Linlithgow from Fife and Borders. The Learmonth,s married two sisters Goff in Bo'ness and were farmers/butchers to trade. In later generations branched into Master Joiners in Polmont...

Goff or Gaff Posted on: 18 Aug 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

...Elizabeth Dunlop (Muiravonside) 1 brother 3 sisters James B1777 F. Alexander M. Margaret Thomson (M.1774 Bo'ness) 3 sisters and 2 brothers James b1784 F. Andrew M. Agnes Easton (m1778 Bo'ness) 5 sisters & 1 bro...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 23 Aug 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

I am glad you are finding your kith and kin in the Stirling/Bo'ness areas. Do not mistake that your family listing did not go to Australia, the Learmonth's from Bo'ness/Muiravonside settled in Western Australia an...

Re: James Learmonth. Posted on: 09 Sep 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

Shirley, I am from the Bo'ness/Linlithgow/Polmont families. To prove it without doubt is more tricky, my family go directly back to 1792 and from their back to 1640's. As far as I can see or take a stab at...

Re: James Learmonth. Posted on: 09 Sep 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

...as the eldest son of his father. He along with Mrs Buloch visited graveyards in the Polmont Larbert Bo'ness areas for this lost relation who fled the country. It seems he had died or his kin had died in the...

Bublitz, Elsie J. (Nee Boness) died: Nov. 10, 1969 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA Posted on: 27 Sep 2002, by  kellismythe

Surnames > Bublitz

The Milwaukee Journal, page 12, Wednesday, November 12, 1969 Bublitz, Elsie J. (Nee Boness), Nov. 10, 1969, at the age of 77 years. beloved wife of Arthur W. Bublitz, mother of Robert W. Bublitz; also survi...

Re: William Braden in Edinburgh Posted on: 28 Oct 2002, by  MegGreenwood

Surnames > Braden

...and Jane LYON. There are births however in the same 10 years : In 1891, Matthew CASSIDY was born in Bo'ness [West Lothian] entry # 228, his mother was Margaret BRADEN, father Matthew CASSIDY. William BRAD...

Re: Delfs Family of Kansas Posted on: 03 Nov 2002, by  crysmorg

Surnames > Delfs

My DELFS Line John DELFS [b.1835 Prussia d.1895 Leavenworth County,KS] married Augusta BONESS [b.1844 Prussia d.?] Children of John and Augusta DELFS: 1. Emma DELFS [1844-?, married John Max PICKARTS](my di...

Re: Huckle , Bedfordshire Posted on: 29 Nov 2002, by  AnneBrown78

Surnames > Huckle

Hello David, I have only one Samuel in my records (which go back to 1600s). In the 1881 Census he is living at The Green, Willingham, Cambs. He is age 21 and a bricklayer. He is living with his mother...

John COAN /Catherine Jane GALLAGHER Posted on: 03 Dec 2002, by  Cjsmommy

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Sligo > General

...Ireland.... They had a Daughter, Catherine born 1880 or 1881. who went on to marry James Mc Aulay in Bo'ness Scotland./.... any connections?????/ any ideas????? this is a major brick wall for me Thanks ...

Re: Walter B Stein from Ohio Posted on: 03 Jan 2003, by  RobertStein44

Surnames > Stein

Sorry, but I have no Walter Steins in the group I am researching. All of my research has to do with the Steins in Lemont, Il around 1870. Good Luck

MITCHEL, In Scotland Posted on: 10 Jan 2003, by  pbwalberg1

Surnames > Mitchel

...following: JAMES MITCHEL & MARY CRANSTON (my 4XGgrandparents, born abt. 1765) Their children were born Bo'ness, West Lothian, Scotland 1)MARGARET MITCHEL (chr.04Apr.1785) 2)JAMES MITCHEL (b. ...

Renton family tree Posted on: 11 Jan 2003, by Callum Renton

Surnames > Renton

...line (before I start any research in earnest) goes back to James Renton and Jessie Wylie who married in Bo'ness, West Lothian on 4 October 1867. I have two superb photographs of them celebrating their 60th ...

CRANSTON, Scotland Posted on: 12 Jan 2003, by  pbwalberg

Surnames > Cranston

...********************************* JAMES MITCHEL & MARY CRANSTON (my 4XGrt.grandparents, born abt. 1765) -married in Bo'ness 1783 **************** Patricia pbwalberg@netscape.net

Re: Renton family tree Posted on: 20 Jan 2003, by Callum Renton

Surnames > Renton

...have the marriage certificate of James Renton and Jessie Wylie. They were married on 4 October 1867 at Bo'ness, West Lothian. They were both aged 23 (born c. 1844) and lived in Bathgate. James Renton's pa...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 26 Jan 2003, by Stephen Learmonth

Surnames > Learmonth

...William, b27/02/1801. His family and the other Learmonths I have researched came from around Polmont, Bo'ness, Linlithgow triangle - very close to Falkirk. I wonder if there is a link here? If I manage to fi...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 26 Jan 2003, by Stephen Learmonth

Surnames > Learmonth

...Learmonth and mother was Janet Robertson from Torphichen, Linlithgow. They were maried at Nether Kinneil, Bo'ness on 15/07/1785. Is there any link that you know of with the Learmonths that you refer to? I wo...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 26 Jan 2003, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

Stephen, To answer your question, yes. This lne all generate from the Linlithgow and Bo'ness families. My records have all that data concerning Janet and the marraige, I have no birth or death for John. I h...

Re: Sweet Avon, Scotland - Where is it? Posted on: 27 Jan 2003, by  GordonMillar

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

...Clay Mine before entering the Firth of Forth at the Grangemouth Oil Refinery between Grangemouth and Bo'ness. From approximately 1⁄2 mile (1 km) to the east of Avonbridge until a ...

Re: McNeish/Scotland Posted on: 08 Feb 2003, by  ch011d7543

Surnames > McNeish

...father's name is James Laird McNeish, born in 1937, and his parents were Margaret and Samuel (a miner) from Bo'ness, West Lothian. Any relation?

Re: paterson and roys Posted on: 20 Feb 2003, by  chrysta53

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Nairnshire > General

...Alexander (Roy) Paterson, born on 20th September 1870 at Edinkillie. He married a Jane McGillivray in Bo'ness on 2nd April 1909. My mother was then one of their 10 children. Any information you have on the P...

Re: Walter Tank Posted on: 25 Feb 2003, by are so close to the namesJames Tank

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

It is truly amazing how the names in your family tree are so close to the names in mine, yet with a generation of time in difference. I do not see any connection directly with my family, but as I onc...

Re: 1891 Census/Lookup Posted on: 15 Mar 2003, by Chris Doak

...nearest entry to your criteria.You will know if it is him or not: CENSUS 1891:Lanarkshire,Holytown: At Boness Road,Chapelhall: -Robert STEWART,head,mar,56,Pit Engine Keeper,b.Lanarkshire,Bothwell. -Euph.,w...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions