Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Hawkhurst" - 472 Messages

per page

Samuel P. OYLER Posted on: 11 Apr 2001, by  markshaffer38

Surnames > Oyler

SAMUEL P. OYLER, was born in Hawkhurst, Eng., August 26, 1819, second son of Samuel and Sophia (Rabson) Oyler. His father was a farmer and a freeholder in England. The early years of Samuel Oyler were spent pr...

1901 census name list Posted on: 08 Nov 2002, by  tatterdemalio...

Surnames > Manktelow

...Frank Mancktelow 22 Surrey Gipsy Hill Wandsworth Grocer Frederick Mancktelow 5 Kent Horsmonden Kent Hawkhurst Frederick Mancktelow 29 Kent Brenchley Kent Hawkhurst Carter On Farm Horace Mancktelow 10 London P...

English Hicksons Posted on: 01 Mar 2000, by Roxann Adamsen

Surnames > Hickson

...Mary Hickson b. around 1610, d. before May 31, 1665; m. Abraham Cruttenden on September 27, 1630 in Hawkhurst, Kent, England. She may have died in New Haven, CT. Do you have any info on her or her family?

Dr. William WARD at "Hawkhurst" Posted on: 24 Apr 2003, by  jjrosenberger

Localities > North America > Canada > Québec > Estrie > Coaticook

Chapter 13 STANHOPE Quebec page 221From "THREE TOWNS: Norton & Averill, Vermont, Stanhope, Quebec, A History of the Northeast Kingdom"by Lydia C. Andrews, ©1986."As you enter C...

Mary Hickson Posted on: 01 Mar 2000, by Roxann Adamsen

Surnames > Hickson

Do you have a Mary Hickson b. around 1610, d. 1665 possibly in CT? She married Abraham Cruttenden on September 27, 1630 in Hawkhurst, Kent, England.

Mary Hickson Posted on: 01 Mar 2000, by Roxann Adamsen

Surnames > Hickson

Do you have a Mary Hickson b. around 1610, d. 1665 possibly in CT? She married Abraham Cruttenden on September 27, 1630 in Hawkhurst, Kent, England.

Ezra Sammis and Ann Hawkhurst Posted on: 21 Mar 2000, by  mocha913

Surnames > Sammis

Almost sure that Ezra and Ann were the parents of Dora Sammis who died in Ridgefield. Dora was my great Grandmother and would love any more info you might have on them. Thanks

Re: Thomas Couchman (Cushman), Abt 1512, Rolveden, Kent, England Posted on: 18 Jun 2002, by  tom52572

Surnames > Cushman

...files. i am trying to enter it all into the computer so i cannoti have a thomans couchman: dob abt 1538 hawkhurst, kent co. england dod 2/14/1584 wife elinore hubbarde they had 6 children icluding robert cus...

Thomas Couchman (Cushman), Abt 1512, Rolveden, Kent, England Posted on: 02 Mar 2001, by  GaryR48

Surnames > Cushman

...Couchman (Cushman), who was born in Rolveden, Kent, England abt 1512. His son was Thomas Cushman, born at Hawkhurst, Kent, England in 1538. Any help would be appreciated. Gary

BARROW family Posted on: 25 Nov 2001, by John Barrow

Surnames > Barrow

I have traced my side of the Barrow family back to 1700 Hawkhurst, Kent,England Having visited the churchyard & found Gravestones with listed names.They were obviously in this part in 1600 so am trying to ...

Love family from Hawkhurst Kent Posted on: 06 Mar 2006, by Julie Kelly

Surnames > Love

I am searching for any information on the Love family in particular Ann Love 1804 Hawkhurst who married John Mabb. Julie

Re: hello Posted on: 08 Dec 2003, by  chiggysmum

Surnames > Wenban

...of John & Mary Wenban. John Wenban (born 1803 in Sandhurst, Kent) and Mary Piper (born 1806 in Hawkhurst, Kent), married on 23 Oct 1824 in Hawkhurst. They had the following children Mary Ann b, 8 jan 1825, Hawkhurst Mera...

RICHARD and SARAH BIRD, in UK Posted on: 09 Feb 2001, by Pauline Sims

Surnames > Bird

...grandparents Richard Bird, born approx 1859 and his wife Sarah (nee Wenman) who were shown as living in Hawkhurst, Kent, England on the 1881 Census. Richard was possibly born in Bromley, Kent. His mother's chr...

Re: Wenban spelling Posted on: 18 Nov 2001, by  jennyjoyce1

Surnames > Wenban

Hi Peter, I'm aware of the "NB" thinking, however given the looseness of spelling in earlier days I don't believe we can afford to be that strict. Just say the names (Wenbourne and Wembour...

Hawkhurst registers Posted on: 09 May 2001, by  JennyJoyce95

Surnames > Wenban

Hi everyone, I have extracted all the Wenban (and similar) entries from the Hawkhurst registers. If anyone would like me to send them a copy just email me at jenny.joyce@writeme.com The usual caveats appl...

Relf family, Hawkhurst, Kent Posted on: 17 Jul 2005, by  EnedG

Surnames > Relf

Hi, My 3 x Gt. Grandfather Joseph Osborn married Elizabeth Relfe at Hawkhurst in 1820. Dene Gill

Relf(e) in Hawkhurst Posted on: 22 Feb 2004, by  DavidMawle47

Surnames > Relf

Has anyone come across a Robert Relfe who married Jane Mawle in Sandhurst in 1720? Jane may have been from Hawkhurst. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

re: Relfs in Hawkhurst Posted on: 20 Feb 2004, by Derek Relf

Surnames > Relf

No, unfortunately I haven't been able to go beyond Henry Relf, early 1800's, in Hawkhurst. Thank you for your inquiry.

Re: Family Tree Posted on: 24 Sep 2001, by  jennyjoyce1

Surnames > Wenban

Hi Jane, Looks like we have found a match. Joseph Wenban (1826-1896) was a Groom according to the 1881 Census. He was bapstised 5 Dec 1826 in the Wesleyan Church, Sandhurst by Cranbrook, although he...

re: Relfs in Hawkhurst Posted on: 24 Nov 2000, by DereK Relf

Surnames > Relf

...brothers. With great assistance from one of our dear cousins in England, I have a good portion of the Relf Hawkhurst family tree tracing back to our g-g-great grandfather, Henry Relf. Email me at relf@earthli...

Relf's in Hawkhurst Posted on: 24 Nov 2000, by  M_Groome

Surnames > Relf

My great grandmother was Annie Relf who was born in Hawkhurst in 1860. She was the daughter of Thomas Relf and his wife Ann. They were born about 1838 1837 respectively. Annie Relf married Alfred Hobbs. They ...

Relfs, Hawkhurst Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by  Lesleyshiner

Surnames > Relf

...of these! They were cousins of my great grandmother, another Winifred Mary. I am hoping to go down to Hawkhurst at the end of September (my aunt still lives in the area) so while I'm looking for mine, I'll wat...

Relfs in Hawkhurst, Kent Posted on: 21 Aug 2000, by Derek Relf

Surnames > Relf

Is anyone researching Relfs in Hawkhurst, Kent? I'm looking for information on Thomas Ann Relf, 1880's. Thanks.

RELF FAMILY Posted on: 18 Nov 2000, by SHEILA SMITH

Surnames > Relf

See my reply to the messages re Hawkhurst. good luck. Sheila

Re: Wenban/Odiam Posted on: 03 Jun 2006, by  chiggysmum

Surnames > Wenban

Hi Sharyn, I've checked the films of the Hawkhurst register - William is not baptised there. There is, however, a baptism entry in the Sandhurst registers for William Wenban, son of William (labourer) and ...

Re: Wenban/Odiam Posted on: 01 Jun 2006, by  Sharyn_Walsh

Surnames > Wenban

Jenny, I have discrepancies with your details about William. William was born on 2 March 1802 and baptised on 25 March 1802 at Hawkhurst, Kent, from my information.

Relf in Australia Posted on: 05 Jun 2001, by ken Lines

Surnames > Relf

...were George and Hannah RELF. George born in 1814 and Hannah in 1813 they came from Rookwood Estate near Hawkhurst Sussex U.K. They had 12 children (no T/V). a good site for information is www.ids.co.uk/chapman...

Pelham in Kent Posted on: 21 Sep 2006, by Ryan

Surnames > Pelham

...about 1791 in Playden, Sussex, England) she married a David Cloutt (b about 1789) in 11 Feb. 1812 in Hawkhurst, Kent, England. Sarah did in may 1857. they had at least one child, Ellen born in 1829 and marri...

Sarah Sool -Soul Posted on: 24 Aug 2000, by  nhall4718

Surnames > Dimmick

The Dimmick line goes back to Hawkhurst, Kent, England where Samuel Hinckley Married Sarah Sool in 1617 some of the Decendents spell it either way If this connects in any Way to you let me know . My Grandma D...

GREENGROW Posted on: 30 Apr 2000, by Yolanda Dean

Surnames > Greenough

...Grandad was Didymus Greengrow b. abt 1875, and his father was Alfred Greengrow. From around Cranbrook/Hawkhurst area up till that time. The name seems to disappear unless it has come from Gringo or Greengrove....

Re: Fitzgerald Posted on: 16 Mar 2005, by  joycelw1442

Surnames > Fitzgerald

...information. My grandfather was Herbert James Mitten, son of James and Charlotte Mitten, he was born at Hawkhurst in 1872. Best regards, Joyce

Re: HAYWARD - Cranbrook, Kent about 1800 Posted on: 20 May 2002, by Dave Howard

Surnames > Hayward

...Johnson D., 3rd son of Daniel D. & Elisabeth OAKE, b 1724, d 1798, m Elisabeth TICKNER 8 May 1750 at Hawkhurst, had no family. This Johnson had a brother Isaac D., b 1740, d 6 Apr 1801, m second wife Ab...

Re: Barnes Family Posted on: 03 Jul 2001, by  dickydoo0

Surnames > Barnes

...as should be- Census 1861 Benenden. Thomas Barnes H 1821 Laborer Bendenden Mary Ann Barnes (?) W 1825 Hawkhurst Frederick S 1849 Cranbrook William Hy 1851 Cranbrook Alfred 1853 Cranbrook Albert Cranbrook Thoma...

Barnes Family Posted on: 03 Jun 2001, by  dickydoo0

Surnames > Barnes

1861 Kent Registry Census Thomas Barnes H 1821 Lab Benendem Kent England Mary Ann Barnes W 1825 Hawkhurst Kent England Family Frederick S 1849 Cranbrook Kent England William Hy S 1851 " " " Alfr...

Researching POILE: 1700s Northiam & Hawkhurst Posted on: 07 May 2000, by  KevinPoile

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Kent > General

I am interested in any information on POILE's living in and around the following areas: NORTHIAM, HAWKHURST. Especially those related to Henry Poile - born around 1761 and son of John and Mary ?. Kevin

BAS(E)DEN/BAZDEN/BASEDON & TICKNER: Wittersham/Hawkhurst/Tenterden Posted on: 07 Jul 1998, by Bernie Green

IN THE WITTERSHAM, HAWKHURST, TENTERDEN AREAS OF KENT, AM LOOKING FOR ANCESTORS OF JOHN BASEDEN AND MARY ANN CADD. JOHN'S DAUGHTER HARRIET MIGRATED TO AUSTRALIA WITH HER HUSBAND GEORGE TICKNER, WHO WAS A SON O...

Re: Vennall / Vennell family in England Posted on: 21 Sep 2006, by Ryan

Surnames > Vennell

...discovered Ellen's last name, Cloutt. Her and john vennell got married in April 7, 1860 in St. Lawrence, Hawkhurst, Kent, England. She was born about 1829 in Hawkhurst, Kent, England. Her parents were David Cloutt a...

Elphick,Hawkhurst, Kent Posted on: 04 May 2004, by shirley

Surnames > Elphick

Richard ELPHICK married Bathsheba FRIEND at Hawkhurst,Kent in 1836. Bathsheba's parents were Thomas FRIEND and Philadelphia, (aka Phillis) WOOLGAR. Richard and Bathsheba came to Australia 1841, Richard died on...

Researching DUNK, BISHOP, HUNTLY, WILSHIRE in Kent Posted on: 03 Aug 1998, by  Charles Prend...

...information on the following ancestors. 1. Looking for the parents and ancestors of William Dunk, born 1666 at Hawkhurst, County Kent, married Ann Burkwell before 1715 at Hawkhurst. William Dunk died and was buried 2/1...

Sarah Burgess, Hawkhurst, Kent, England in 1770 and before Posted on: 28 Aug 2006, by  bigponds1

Surnames > Burgess

Sarah Burgess my 3G Grandmother, born abt 1770 in Hawkhurst, Kent, England, on 2 October 1788 in Benenden, Kent, England, at St. George's Church, Benenden(records) she married Richard Shoebridge. They had seve...

Allens of Oyster Bay, LI, N.Y. Posted on: 13 May 2000, by  Aaron Allen

Surnames > Allen

...John Tyler b. 1794. Isaac Allen, 5th son of Darius m. Mary Wilson and had 10 children; James Madison Hawkhurst b. 1813, Phebe Ann b. 1815, Darius b. 1817, Mary Ann b. 1819, William T. b. 1822, Abigail Eliza b...

Allens Posted on: 13 May 2000, by  Aaron Allen

Surnames > Allen

...John Tyler b. 1794. Isaac Allen, 5th son of Darius m. Mary Wilson and had 10 children; James Madison Hawkhurst b. 1813, Phebe Ann b. 1815, Darius b. 1817, Mary Ann b. 1819, William T. b. 1822, Abigail Eliza b...

Re: KEMP-FRENCH connection is needed. Posted on: 24 Dec 2002, by Tim Kemp

Surnames > Kemp

...3/7/1715. Children included Wiiliam born at Saleshurst, Richard, Jude,Mary, Anne, John,Henry,George born at Hawkhurst and Thomas born at Ore. [Source - Kemps of the Borders by MV Hall.]

Charles J Grandy and Dora unknown Posted on: 13 May 2003, by  butlertree70

Surnames > Grandy

butlertree@yahoo.com Charles Grandy Born 1819 Hawkhurst England? Died Wells, MN- 1899 Married Dora Unknown date. Had Elizabeth Grandy 1847. She married George Hawkins 1864.. They in turn have Charles John Haw...

Researching GOLDING, FOSTER & PIPER in Hawkhurst Posted on: 27 Nov 1998, by Phil Jones

KENT: I'M Look for information For the Golding, Foster and Piper surnames in the Hawkhurst, Kent.

ferminger - married in hawkhurst Posted on: 02 Sep 2004, by maz

Surnames > Constance

...Ferminger name to go by!!!! agnes adelaide ferminger..... all i know is she married william doubell in hawkhurst in 1854. i know of two sons they had, charles and albert doubell both born in hawkhurst - so was william...

lowders Posted on: 29 Jul 2001, by  sherlene_l

Surnames > Lowder

...william sr as to when he was born and from where he was from would be appreciated he first appeared in hawkhurst eng in 1779. and could some one tell me where hawkhurst is

dead end Posted on: 20 Jul 2000, by margaret leckey rearick

Surnames > Leckie

Am looking for parents. etc. of William Henry Leckey (Leckie). Wife Sarah Hawkes (Hawkhurst) of New Brunswick Canada. Buried in Coal Creek, NB. Ch.Wesley (my grandfather) Cora and George, all of whom emmigrate...

Daniel and Rebecca Campbell arrived in New York in 1828 Posted on: 15 May 2005, by David Mawle

Surnames > Campbell

...this couple or their descendants. Daniel was born in Brede, Sussex in 1798. Rebecca Mawle was born in Hawkhurst, Kent circa 1802. They married in Brede in 1823. They emigrated on the schooner "Fame" ...

Sadler Daniel Posted on: 19 Jan 2001, by  @@VvSadler@ao...

Surnames > Sadler

anyone related to the Sadlers of Norfolk UK from Lowestoft area Harleston norfolk walthamstow Essex Hawkhurst Kent

per page