Search the Boards

Search Results for "Hawkhurst" - 465 Messages

per page

Harriet Hawkins Posted on: 25 Oct 2001, by  johnbb1

Surnames > Hawkins

I would like to try and trace the parents of Harriett Hawkins b 1848 in Hawkhurst, Kent. I have looked on the 1851 census but can't seem to locate any of the family. Any help would be appreciated. Judy Bern...

Nathaniel Huggins, Hawkhurst, Kent, before 1850 Posted on: 21 Nov 2001, by  HL Spencer

Surnames > Huggins

Am searching for any information relative to Nathaniel Huggins of Hawkhurst, Kent 1827. I am in possession of his family bible published by THE SOCIETY FOR PROMOTION OF CHRISTIAN KNOWLEDGE, bound by Smith in J...

Re: infro on Ransley of New Zealand Posted on: 03 Dec 2001, by  davcliff

Surnames > Ransley

...in the brief history that you included in your message. The John who married Hannah Oliver did so at Hawkhurst on 10.4.1809. He had been baptised on 16.3.1783 at Hawkhurst and was the son of John Ransley and Sarah Bis...

Descended from Same AYERST Family Posted on: 30 Dec 2001, by H.J. Vear

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Kent > General

...married his first cousin Alice Mary Pye. My Ayerst file goes back to about 1575 and our line starts in Hawkhurst, Kent. Another decendant living in Ottawa, CA is John Maguire <jmaguire@magmacom.com> ...

Re: Poile Family from Hawkhurst Posted on: 08 Jan 2002, by  stevepoile

...entries at this site. My interest is that my Mum & Dad and their respective families come from Hawkhurst - I would love to receive any information you were willing to share about the Poile of Hawkhurst and also th...

Re: Poile Family from Hawkhurst Posted on: 08 Jan 2002, by  stevepoile

...original message was successfully posted, so here goes. My father and his parents are Poile's from Hawkhurst. I would love to obtain further information about the Poile family background - I am new to geneol...

Re: Poile Family from Hawkhurst Posted on: 08 Jan 2002, by  KevinPoile

Steve, I think there is a good chance that we are related. My father (Derek Anthony Poile) comes from Hawkhurst. His dad was Charles Edward (Edward Charles) Poile. Will send you more information via e-mail...

Day family of Tunbridge Wells or Pembury - Ronald Day early 1900s Posted on: 14 Jan 2002, by  stevepoile

...believe the family owned one or more dairies - Day's Dairies in Tunbridge Wells - Cockshot Dairies of Hawkhurst, Kent. I know very little about my grandfathers family and am keen to find out more. Ronald Day...

George Huxley - Hawkhurst Kent 1809 Posted on: 07 Feb 2002, by  crpsalesagent...

Surnames > Huxley

...Does anyone out there have any information on the above gentleman's ancestry? I know he was born in Hawkhurst Kent (Sussex) abourt 1809 He Married one Elizabeth Piper from Ticehurst, Kent (Sussex) on or around...

Re: Frances PIPER b. 02 OCT 1820 Posted on: 07 Feb 2002, by  crpsalesagent...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Sussex > General

...(now Kent, England). She was born around 1813 to ? and married one George Huxley around 1833/5 in Hawkhurst, Sussex. Which is the next village from Ticehurst. They had several children, the first of which ...

Researching HUXLEY & PIPER Marriage c1833 Hawkhurst Posted on: 07 Feb 2002, by  crpsalesagent...

Good Evening, I am researching information on the Huxley/Piper union which took place in Hawkhurst on or around 1833 between one: Elizabeth Piper - Ticehurst, Kent - Born abt 1812 and one: George Huxley - Hawkhurst, Ke...

PIPER at Hawkhurst 1700s-1800s Posted on: 02 Mar 2002, by M.Godfrey

...Died 14 Apr 1844 Buried 19 Apr 1844 age 79. Bricklayer. Married Sarah Boakes on 4 Mar 1788. All at Hawkhurst, Kent. For more please contact

Re: Gulielma Maria Springett Posted on: 28 Mar 2002, by  skeill

Surnames > Springett

Distant cousin Dave: My gtx2 gfth was Charles Springett (1785 Hawkhurst died 1883 at W. Farleigh). His father was John 1752 Hawkhurst died 1839 W. Farleigh. His father John b in Hawkhurst , married Elizabeth Buss who came fro...

Re: WILLGOSS in England Posted on: 10 Apr 2002, by  dhbailey1

Surnames > Wilgus

...very intrigued by this. Wonder if it is "my" Henry William Willgoss. Mine was living in Hawkhurst, Kent in 1881 (married, no children) listed as a house agent. I didn't find them in 1891 though I...

Re: WILLGOSS in England Posted on: 10 Apr 2002, by  dhbailey1

Surnames > Wilgus

...very intrigued by this. Wonder if it is "my" Henry William Willgoss. Mine was living in Hawkhurst, Kent in 1881 (married, no children) listed as a house agent. I didn't find them in 1891 though I...

Re: WILLGOSS in England Posted on: 11 Apr 2002, by Ian Hunt

Surnames > Wilgus

...your reply. Have checked my records and found Henry William at aged 28 was visiting George Swyer? in Hawkhurst Kent when the census was enumerated. Haven't a clue where he was residing at the time but cannot s...

Re: Reeves/Sivyer Posted on: 30 Apr 2002, by  jeremystroud

...you have some info on this for me ? There are many Reeves around that time from Horsmonden, Sandhurst, Hawkhurst, Goudhurst, Staplehurst, Carnbrook, Benenden, Tenterden etc. I have the LDS 1881 census on CDrom...

ERRY Family: 1700-1800 Rolvenden Area Posted on: 01 May 2002, by  jeremystroud

...around Rolvenden area 1700-1800 ? E.g. Tenterden, Goudhurst, Benenden, Cranbrook, Staplehurst, Sandhurst, Hawkhurst, Horsmonden ?

Re: Pankhurst and King Posted on: 12 May 2002, by  Gene_Genius

Hi Ann Could be Hawkhurst, Kent. Regards Pam

Re: Pankhurst and King Posted on: 12 May 2002, by Ann Shaw

Thanks for the hint about Hawkhurst. I have discovered that Frederick King and Ann Pankhurst were married in Southborough (also near Tunbridge Wells) but have yet to find their birth records.

Re: BISHOP/GOULD - Rehoboth 1670s Posted on: 05 Jun 2002, by  gwpage

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Bristol

...Gould of Taunton. John's father was Jarvis/Jervice Gould who came with his brother, Edward Gould of Hawkhurst, co., Kent, Eng., in the 'Elizabeth' from London on 6 April 1635. [Benjamin Apthrope Gould, "T...

Re: Nathaniel Huggins, Hawkhurst, Kent, before 1850 Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  glorialsims

Surnames > Huggins

**? a family link with FREDERICK HUGGINS - Born 1833 - Hawkhurst Kent son of Jane Huggins and ? Mr Button............ ** Married Frances Mary Trowell of Kilndown in 1855 and then immigrated to Australia 1856...

Re: genealogy Cole 1600's Maine Posted on: 26 Aug 2002, by  jamesmiths

Surnames > Cole

I have John Cole born in 1636 in Salem, Mass., son of Robert Coles and Mary Hawkhurst. He married to Ann _____ in Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York. He also had another wife, but no name or further details. ...

Dinah Noakes married George Henry Knapp Posted on: 24 Oct 2002, by  tuiris

Surnames > Noakes

...enquiring re them but my e-mail was returned. Anyone know anything of George Knapp who was probably born in Hawkhurst, Kent, UK?

Re: GREENGROW Posted on: 21 Nov 2002, by  EGreengrove

Surnames > Greenough

...Hilda and a brother George born 1895( my Father Lieutenant-Colonel George Francis Greengrove, born Hawkhurst, Kent. Please let me know, I can email a whole page on my side of the Family. Hilda never married,...

Hannah Oliver - UK Posted on: 22 Nov 2002, by Joanne Thompson

Surnames > Oliver

Iam looking for inform on my Great.............Grandmother side of the family. The only thing I know is that she was married to John Ransley on 1809, Hawkhurst, Kent

Website for Kentish Localities & Towns Posted on: 04 Jan 2003, by  paf33

...Capel Chatham Cranbrook Dartford Edenbridge Gillingham Goodnestone Goudhurst Gravesend Hadlow Hawkhurst Horton Kirby Kilndown Lamberhurst Marden Margate Medway New Brompton Nonington Pembury...

William Osborn born Hawkhurst 1821 Posted on: 18 Feb 2003, by  EnedG

Surnames > Osborn

WILLIAM Osborn born Hawkhurst 1821 married CAROLINE? born Sandhurst 1829. WILLIAM'S parents? CAROLINE'S maiden name & parents?.Issue: ELIZABETH CAROLINE born Etchingham 1861 married John B. Richardson bo...

Researching CHAPMAN & WENMAN: early 1800s Hawkhurst Posted on: 20 Feb 2003, by  peter2877

...connection - except name and county! I have g.g.g.grandmother ANN CHAPMAN who married WILLIAM WENMAN in HAWKHURST, KENT on 2nd April 1804. Please advise by e-mail if you know of any connection

Re: Puxty Posted on: 16 Mar 2003, by Roy Horwood

Surnames > Puxty

...in Tonbridge except Lizza who was born in Ticehurst. The head of the family was William WEEKES born Hawkhurst with wife Mahala born in Ticehurst. Prior to their likely marriage there was a William WEEKES stayi...

WELLERS OF HAWHURST/SANDHURST, KENT, UK Posted on: 22 Mar 2003, by  chrissi58

Surnames > Weller

My great grandparents on my father's side were: George Weller b. circa 1866 in Hawkhurst, Kent Marta Ann Weller (nee Groves) b. Sandhurst, Kent Their children were: Charles John Weller b. 1982 in Hawkhurst, Kent (my...

Re: Medad F.Crittendon Posted on: 26 Mar 2003, by Barb Patterson

Surnames > Crittenden

Ardith, I have Abraham Cruttenden b 1610 in Kent, Eng, married to Mary Hinkson on 27 Sep 1630 in Hawkhurst, Kent, Eng.She was born in 1612 in Cranbrook, Kent, Eng. and died 1664 in Guilford, New Haven. Abrah...

Re: Norman Field Posted on: 05 Apr 2003, by  barbarafield_...

Surnames > Field

... 19 London, Middlesex, England Medical Student Richard ROLFE Visitor U Male 45 Hawkhurst, Kent, England Retired Solicitor ---------------------------------------------------------...

GEORGE HAWKINS (b1835) Posted on: 15 May 2003, by BUTLER

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > General

GEORGE HAWKINS WAS BORN JUNE 12, 1835 IN HAWKHURST, ENGLAND.HE MARRIED ELIZABETH GRANDY NOV. 4,1864. ELIZABETH WAS THE DAUGHTER OF CHARLES J GRANDY.(BORN 1819) GEORGE DIED IN WELLS, MN.I AM RESEARCHING HIS PA...

Re: JOHN, GRACE(GRACY), IDA HAWKINS Posted on: 16 May 2003, by Butler

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > General

Thank you for your reply. They came to the States from Hawkhurst. The best as I can do is George Hawkins was born in Hawkhurst 1835. So I am not sure on when they came over.There are to many Georges to try and trace. G...

1851 Census Lookup Request: MILHAM in Hawkhurst Posted on: 20 May 2003, by  simonsoft

Does any-one have access to the 1851 census? I am interested in a family called Milham or Millham who were in Hawkhurst. TIA Simon

Doubell Posted on: 09 Jun 2003, by Felicity Spackman

Surnames > Doubell

...his ancestors. I am also interested in Richard D. who was buried 11-8-1793 & was a member of the Hawkhurst (Kent) gang (notorious smugglers) My grandmother was Julia D. born 1869 Reigate surrey. ...

George KNAPP: Cranbrook/Hawkhurst > 1845 New Zealand Posted on: 10 Jun 2003, by Iris

...enlisting he stated he was born in Cranbrook, Kent, but I saw on his war records that he said he was born in Hawkhurst. Has anyone got any info re George KNAPP?. He got his discharge in New Zealand, remained...

KNAPP: Try Cranbrook & Hawkhurst Parish Records Posted on: 10 Jun 2003, by  bufflestumper

Hello Iris -- the parishes of Cranbook & Hawkhurst adjoin each other. I would suggest a search of the church records for both parishes. This will, hopefully, lead to George KNAPP's baptism record in one of...

BRIG. GENL. ROBERT NICHOLAS DICK Posted on: 26 Jun 2003, by N. Barginear

Searching for information on ancestors, kin, or descendants of Brigadier General Robert Nicholas Dick of Hawkhurst, Kent (1943) I am a descendant of George Abercromby Dick, his grandfather.

Info re: MILLHAM in Hawkhurst Posted on: 10 Jul 2003, by Gillian Holland

I have transcribed the MILLHAMs in Hawkhurst as I am interested in this family too (I think!). Briefly: Mary, 59, widow; Spencer, 57; Henry, 50; Francis, 43; Frances, 32; Elizabeth, 38, widow; Elizabeth, 16; ...

1891 Census: EDWARDS in Folkestone Posted on: 18 Jul 2003, by  CJRose

...recording his age. The family is as follows: 16 Park Street, Folkestone. Mary - Head - Married - 29 Born:Hawkhurst, Kent Percival - Son - 9 Born Folkestone. Kent Ellen - Daughter- 7 ...

Re: Sellens of Sedlescombe, Sussex, England Posted on: 20 Jul 2003, by Mark Milton

Surnames > Sellens

...Eliza Sellens, daughter, unmarried, 17, b Crowhurst 1881 census Dwelling: Woodbury Road Census Place: Hawkhurst, Kent, England Source: FHL Film 1341224 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 0940 Folio 27 Page 48 ...

Source of the middle name HARMER Posted on: 07 Aug 2003, by  DeneGill

Surnames > Marchant

...& Elizabeth Marchant who were married Jan. 1829. Caroline Marchant married William Osborn, (born Hawkhurst, Kent l.6.1820 to Joseph & Elizabeth Osborn) on 16.12.1848. Witness for Caroline was Charles...

Re: Tracing Emily Harmer Posted on: 07 Aug 2003, by  DeneGill

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Sussex > General

...Sandhurst, Kent 1829. Her parents were William & Elizabeth. Caroline married William Osborn, born Hawkhurst, Kent 1820 in 1848. One of their sons was named Thomas HARMER Osborn and so far I have found no r...

George HAWKINS: bn 1835 Hawkhurst Posted on: 12 Aug 2003, by Butler

...Hawkins(b1835) married Elizabeth Grandy 1864. Has charles John Hawkins 1868 in MN.George was born in Hawkhurst England. e-mail butlertree@yahoo.com Thank you

Suggestions re: HAWKINS Research Posted on: 14 Aug 2003, by  bufflestumper

...both of them on the 1861 English census (or even the earlier 1851). Lastly, if George was born in Hawkhurst, then his baptism entry will be in the church records for the parish of Hawkhurst. There may also be additio...

Question re: Parish Church of Hawkhurst Posted on: 14 Aug 2003, by Butler

Thank you for your reply. I do not live in England. I was not sure where to go. Do you know how to contact the Parish Church of Hawkhurst? Thank you for your help.

Info re: Searches of Hawkhurst Records Posted on: 18 Aug 2003, by  bufflestumper

Hello -- were you thinking of contacting the parish church of Hawkhurst in the hope that someone there might search the records for you? Unfortunately, the vicar of that church is not likely to be of help to ...

Canon Henry JEFFREY: 1880s+ Hawkhurst Posted on: 16 Sep 2003, by  crj23451

Looking for any info on the death of Henry Jeffery. He was canon at St.Laurence Church In Hawkhurst.We know he was sill there for the 1881 census.We havn't found any obit for him. Any help is appreciated. Than...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions