Search the Boards

Search Results for "PLESSIS" - 913 Messages

per page

OBIT: STEWART, MARJORIE Posted on: 02 Dec 2001, by  robinator

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Kenora

...three year confinement. Mom will be sadly missed by her two daughters and families: Cathy (Maurice) Plessis, Audrey (Gill) Fillion, grandchildren, Stewart (Lori) great grandson Nigel; Colleen and great gran...

Re: Cemetery at Indian River, N. Y. Posted on: 05 Jan 2002, by  shirley1795

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Lewis

...you happen to have a Catherine House in your file anywhere? She married into the Hunneyman family of Plessis, Jeff. Co., N. Y. Not sure of her birthdate, but it may have been around 1832. Someone I know a...

Re: Cemetery at Indian River, N. Y. Posted on: 05 Jan 2002, by  tgarroutte

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Lewis

...3/27/1827, married to George Rose Hunneyman at Alexandria Bay, NY on March 19, 1851. The family lived in Plessis, NY (Jefferson Co.). I have not been able to tie this family to my Houses. Pat

Gordon James Ecker - Greenwich NY Fire Fighter Posted on: 08 Jan 2002, by  trucker777

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Washington

Gordon James Ecker 1862-1945 born Plessis NY, lived Fargo ND, died Seattle WA Was a fireman in Greenwich NY as well as Fargo ND I remember my grandmother showing me a photo of a twostory firehouse with a fir...

SPIES Posted on: 25 Jan 2002, by  Dulittle

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Franklin

...SPIES,GEORGE H. SN.Wm.& MARG.26AUG1888-3AUG1916 REDWOOD SPIES,GEORGE M. 10NOV1913-10MAY1987 mrd.20SEP1942 PLESSIS SPIES,GEORGE V. 6SEP1852-5SEP1919 mrd.21FEB1878 REDWOOD SPIES,HERMAN A. 1897-1980 mrd....

Re: Du Plessis roots Posted on: 26 Jan 2002, by Neels du Plessis

Surnames > du Plessis

Randall I was trying to communicate about our possible common roots.Any success yet ? Contact me at dupp5wyn@sasktel.net.

Re: Harvey M., Hilen (?) A., and Alpheus L. Parker Posted on: 03 Feb 2002, by Nelson Dean

Surnames > Parker

...probably thus: Alpheus PARKER, b 8 Sep 1812 at Middletown, Rutland Co., VT, d in MI; m 6 Apr 1836 at Plessis, Jefferson Co., NY, Lucinda HITCHCOCK; chn: 1. Harvey Myron PARKER, b 16 Feb 1837 at Plessis, NY; served...

Hetherington/Kenny Posted on: 13 Feb 2002, by  ragallaher

Localities > North America > Canada > Manitoba > CentralPlains

...Kenny. John shows up in the 1891 Census "Lisgar District, Manitoba: Gimli, Kildonan, Macdonald, Plessis, Rockwood, Selkirk Town", with their children but no sign of Mary Ann. Am told she died abou...

Re: SA du Plessis Posted on: 02 Mar 2002, by  Lomond_Handle...

Surnames > du Plessis

ONE OF MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER'S BROTHERS MARRIED A MEMBER OF THE DU PLESSIS FAMILY. HIS SURNAME WAS NORTH AND HE ORIGINATED FROM BUCKINGHAMSHIRE IN THE U.K. HIS WIFE WAS RELATED TO THE NOYCE FAMILY, WHO LIVED ...

Re: Jennie Ward Bordine (obit) - Died in Ogdensburg, N. Y Posted on: 02 Mar 2002, by  shirley1795

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

...-- I am merely the typist of obits found in a scrapbook kept by Judy Pierce and/or Rena Putnam of the Plessis area of Jefferson County, N. Y. One of these women must have known your grandmother and felt her...

Retired Hammond Man Expires in Hospital [Henry William Dunn] Posted on: 19 Mar 2002, by  suzi80

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

...married Ida Belle VanCour of Rossie on Dec 24, 1900. Following the marriage the couple lived on a farm in Plessis. They later operated farms in the town of Hammond, until Mr Dunn retired in the fall of 194...

Re: Tracing my du plessis father Johannes Jacobus Posted on: 30 Apr 2002, by basil du Plessis

Surnames > du Plessis

...trace myfamily and am starting with my Dad who dies in 1945 (I think). His name was Johannes Jacobus du Plessis. Thanks in advance for any pointers and help. Cheers, Basil

Re: Sweet, Fite, Null Posted on: 13 May 2002, by becky sweet/jones

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Haldimand

...this be William D. Sweet ...?fought in the patriot war of 1938.Along with another brother .lived in Plessis N.Y . and was later in the civil war. Discrepancy seems to be place of death so probably not same ....

Marriage notice of Peter Williams/Mariva Wightman-1845 Posted on: 17 May 2002, by Mary Ann Herlihy

Surnames > Williams

...the 18th inst, at the residence of R.E. Bacon, Esq., by the Rev. W.E. Knox, Dr. Peter O. Williams, of Plessis, Jefferson County, and Miss Mariva C. Wightman, of the former place.

Marriage notice of Peter Williams/Mariva Wightman-1845 Posted on: 17 May 2002, by Mary Ann Herlihy

Surnames > Wightman

...the 18th inst., at the residence of R.E. Bacon, Esq., by the Rev. W.E. Knox, Dr. Peter O. Williams, of Plessis, Jefferson County, and Miss MARIVA C. WIGHTMAN, of the former place. A more beautiful little &qu...

Re: Family tree Posted on: 27 Jun 2002, by  Lomond_Handle...

Surnames > du Plessis

...worked for a bank. He and his wife visited London in the 1960s. Gordon's mother was a Du Plessey or Du Plessis. Any information on the family or there whereabouts, would be very much appreciated. Yours since...

Henry Wiltse's siblings -- I need an Abigail, b. about 1801 Posted on: 27 Jun 2002, by  shirley1795

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Grenville Leeds

...Alexandria in Jefferson County, N. Y. where they raised a family of 11 children. They died and are buried at Plessis Cemetery - Nicholas, about 1879 and Abigail, 1862. The only census sighting for Abigai...

Re: Tracing my du plessis father Johannes Jacobus Posted on: 01 Jul 2002, by  Lomond_Handle...

Surnames > du Plessis

Greetings. My late Mother was related to a Mr Gordon Noyce of Durban and Johannesburg, through the Du Plessis or Du Plessey family. Gordon Noyce worked in a bank, I believe and his mother was a Du Plessis or Du Ple...

I need help finding my ancestors, please! Posted on: 01 Jul 2002, by  dupathlon

Surnames > du Plessis

...concerning my fam tree. etc. My great grandfather (oupagrootjie se pa) is Christoffel Petrus Andries du Plessis born 20.9.1881 and died 3.8.1938. That's as far as I can come to research. His son was David Ph...

Vondilee Pike Dies; Had Trailer Park, Diner Posted on: 21 Jul 2002, by  suzi80

...at the funeral home. Surviving are a son, Roland, Gouverneur; a daughter, Mrs. Harold (Eila) Gill, Plessis; four grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren, and a sister, Mrs. Bla...

Re: I need help finding my ancestors, please! Posted on: 02 Sep 2002, by Yolande du Plessis

Surnames > du Plessis

Don't know if this'll be of any help: My grandfather (Andries Petrus du Plessis) was born in 1902 and died in 1994 (I think).

Re: Du Plessis family Posted on: 12 Oct 2002, by Charl du Plessis

Localities > Africa > South Africa > General

I am looking for ancestors of Stephanus Johannes du Plessis, born 19 Nov 1881, probably Philippolis district, (my grandfather) son of Sarel Johannes du Plessis (18 July 1855) and Aletta Sophia Cornelia (24 Sept 188...

Andries Gerhardus du Plessis Posted on: 21 Oct 2002, by  tpt89

Surnames > du Plessis

...tpt@privatactus. The information that I have at this stage is as follows; Name; Andries Gerhardus du Plessis Born; 1875/08/03 Deceased; 1936/12/21 Married; Hester Maria (de Pradines) Married in Nylstroom ...

du Plessis Ancestry Posted on: 24 Nov 2002, by Robyn du Plessis

I am looking for any relatives of Gerard Pierre du Plessis (my grandfather) who lmas married to Sonya Ludiwicker Watson and had three children. I would appreciate any help that you could give me. Regards Rob...

Re: Du Plessis family Posted on: 29 Jan 2003, by  duplesaj_1

Charl, Carin, I suspect I am looking for the same Sarel (Charl) from Philippolis , suspect to be the farther of Andries Johannes later from Lichtenburg.

Nancy Parker Posted on: 04 Feb 2003, by Dan Wharton

Surnames > Parker

...New Hampshire, married Samuel Hoyt (son of Ephraim Hoyt and Nancy Stevens) and moved to Alexandria (Plessis), Jefferson County, New York, and had at least four children. Listed in the 1850 census in Plessis living...

Re: Du Plessis family Posted on: 07 Feb 2003, by Di Fox

...grand uncle Richard Johnson Neville was born in 1874. He moved to South Africa and married Susannah Du Plessis. I don't know any more about them. Have you come across them?

Jean Prieur du Plessis Posted on: 14 Apr 2003, by Ria Stoddart

Localities > Caribbean > General

Jean Prieur du Plessis spent a few years on St Thomas Island during his lifetime ie 1638-1708 - I am trying to ascertain whether this is so - is there anybody that can help? He was apparently a French Hugue...

Jean Prieur du Plessis Posted on: 25 Apr 2003, by Richard Bond

...Denmark and was administered under a contract by the Brandenburg Company of Prussia during those years. du Plessis might have lived temporarily in either of these.

Re: Du Plessis family Posted on: 12 May 2003, by Johan

My father was Stephanus Johannes du Plessis. Born in Philippolis district in 1902. His dad was named Izak David du Plessis. His one son was also I.D. du Plessis and have been in Bermuda.

Re: Du Plessis / Pratt Surnames Posted on: 23 May 2003, by  abtobin

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Onondaga

Hi Doug, we've been in contact previously re: du Plessis. My Mom and I are going to Point-du-Lac and Trois-Rivieres next month. I want to visit the homestead property and find their graves. I would love t...

Re: Du Plessis / Pratt Surnames Posted on: 26 May 2003, by Annie Tobin

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Onondaga

...will be staying in Pointe-du-Lac on Lake St. Pierre and will try to locate the Nicholas Gatineau Du Plessis property and take photos. My e-mail address is atobin@dominican.edu. E-mail me there directly! H...

Re: Andrew & Fanny (Dart) Miner Posted on: 15 Jul 2003, by Christine

Surnames > Miner

Hi Cheryl, Azilka Miner was my great X3 grandma - My grandma was mary Plessis, her mom was Lydia Belle Parson. You met my mom this last weekend (Donna). And I was wondering if you could tell ME where Lydi...

Wm Howard NYS Posted on: 02 Aug 2003, by  Mame50

Surnames > Howard

...Oakwood Cemetery, Theresa, Jefferson County, New York Spouse: Esther Mabel HOUSE Marriage: 2 Jul 1881 Plessis, Town of Alexandria, Jefferson County, New York

Philomene Roy / David du Plessis (1845) Posted on: 13 Aug 2003, by CM Ross

Surnames > du Plessis

I am looking for information relating to David du Plessis (b 1850) wife, Philomeme Roy (b 1850) married in 1881. David is the son of Oliver and Lucille but I can not locate information on Philomeme, any ass...

Re: Jean Prieur du Plessis Posted on: 11 Sep 2003, by Pieter Cramwinckel

try these links found by Google; they might be useful: Genealogy Data ... Spouse: PLESSIS, Jean Prieur DU Birth : ABT 1658 Gender: Male. Children: ... Family: Spouse: PLESSIS, Carel Prieur DU Birth : ABT 1688 Gend...

Re: Lecorney family in Normandy Posted on: 18 Sep 2003, by  EstelleWolfer...

Surnames > leConey

...inconnu 2 Camille Lecorney, entrepreneur, b 1829 habite Argentan, Normandie, mort 1895 + Flavie Francoise Plessis b 1838 Habloville morte 1914 - quatre enfants: 3 Elvire Lecorney + M. Lorin (enfants Robert &...

Re: Jean Prieur du Plessis Posted on: 22 Sep 2003, by jean du plessis

...Baptiste before he left back to South Africa. However, some family thought all this happened before du plessis arrived in the cape the first time. folk tales... :) from canada

Re: Jean Prieur du Plessis Posted on: 27 Sep 2003, by A Stewart

Yes he was French Huguenot. Apparent progenitor of the du Plessis family in South Africa. Married three times, first to Jeanne Sanzeau in 1674 in France, then to Madeline Marie Menanteau in 1687 in St Thoma...

Re: Jean Prieur du Plessis Posted on: 02 Oct 2003, by Willie du Plessis

Acording to our findings he wasn't near the island(s) and only came directly to South Africa. If you can please contact me it will be great. There's alot of things I also need of him, like photo's a...

Re: Sykes Family Posted on: 04 Nov 2003, by  TeresaHemingw...

...Sykes & Jane Amelia Parker. John was b. Aug. 1855 and d. 1930 Fine, NY m- Jane on 16 Sept. 1875 Plessis, NY. Jane was b. 22 June 1857 d. 4 Dec. 1916. J. Claude Sykes was married to Mabel Pearl Rice, Ma...

Funeral Held Saturday For Mrs Isabelle Kring Posted on: 08 Nov 2003, by  Mame50

...Brier Hill, Rev John G Myers, pastor of the Second Presbyterian church officiating. Burial was made in Plessis cemetery. Mrs Kring, widow of the late Ira Kring, Brier Hill, died at 7:15 am Wednesday at the...

Information on SA Du Plessis family Posted on: 11 Mar 2004, by  DanielStandif...

Surnames > du Plessis

...emigrated from South Africa to New Mexico, USA in 1962 and her mother's side of the family has some Du Plessis ancestors. Here is all the information she has and we would appreciate any information you may ...

Re: Du Plessis Family Posted on: 28 Mar 2004, by Adelene

Surnames > du Plessis

I see that you are researching the Du Plessis family tree. Have you come across the name ALWYN Du Plessis perharps? He must be about in his sixties. Will appreciate if you can help Kind regards Adelene

re Minnie M Tousley, Savage , Mitchell Posted on: 07 May 2004, by  janby08

...Minnie May Tousley, born Nov 18, 1883 in Croghan, NY died May 5, 1952 in Alexandria Bay, NY. buried in Plessis, NY cemetery. Mother, Louisa Mitchell, born May 4, 1852. Father John Franklyn Tousley , born ...

Franklin DuBarry Posted on: 09 May 2004, by Constance Bowen

Surnames > Dubarry

Trying to find information on Franklin DuBarry circa 1820-1865?. Somehow, he is also related to the Du Plessis family of Phildelphia/Allegheny County Pennsylvania. He was married to Caroline ( Carrie) Holbro...

Du Plessis PJJ Posted on: 27 May 2004, by Ciska

Surnames > du Plessis

...past 3 generations of my family but don't know where they fit in. My father Petrus Johannes Jacob du Plessis (married to a Burger), grandfather Andries van Rooyen du Plessis (married to a Du Randt).As understood m...

Re: Hello to all du Plessis Posted on: 27 May 2004, by Ciska du Plessis

Surnames > du Plessis

Did your grandmother have a nickname?

Johannes Christiaan Marthinus Daniel du Plessis Posted on: 07 Jul 2004, by  Intrigued_SA

Surnames > du Plessis

My grandmother's maiden name was du Plessis (Susanna Catherina Wilhelmina 1887-1965) and her father (Hendrik Stephanus 1854-1929) was from the Cape in South Africa. His father was Johannes Christiaan Marthin...

Alexandria, Jefferson Co, NY, Robert H. Posted on: 19 Jul 2004, by  blucricket1

Surnames > Macomber

...Sarah Hoar/Horr born between 1800 and 1810. Town of ALEXANDRIA, Jefferson co NY, Cemetery Inscriptions, Plessis Cemetery MACOMBER, Robert H., 28 July 1853, 51years http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyjeffer/baralmo....

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions