Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "KENDAL" - 3,210 Messages

per page

Aireys from Kentmere near Kendal Posted on: 24 Sep 2004, by  fraserdonna

Surnames > Airey

...anyone connected to any of the Airey families who lived in the chapelry of Kentmere, in the parish of Kendal, in the county of Westmorland. I am descended from James Airey who married Cicely Wright and f...

Re: Heintz Posted on: 17 Oct 2002, by John R Heintz

Surnames > Heintz

...final move to Portland, Ore about 1920. G Grandfather Joseph Heintz and family from Salmback, Alsace to Kendal, Russ July 1808. four children, Michael, Franz Joseph, Marianna and Eva. all born in Alsace, F...

Kendal Harold Brown, WWI and WWII USN Posted on: 06 Apr 2000, by  cmaresca

Topics > Military > World War II > Memorials

In loving memory of Kendal Harold Brown born 1892 in Chicago. He served in the US Navy during WWI as a Boatswains Mate 2c aboard the USS Mallory and again served his country during WWII as a CCM (AA)in the ...

Re: family tree in Westmorland Posted on: 23 Apr 2006, by  SuemarieWhart...

Surnames > Bainbridge

...John Morris from Swansea in 1897 at Christ Church, Lancaster. George Bainbridge moved from Burton in Kendal in Westmorland to Lancaster and worked in the family tradition as a stone mason. My grandmother, M...

Death of Madison Dillard Milam Jr. Posted on: 02 Nov 2001, by  grammyjane

Surnames > Milam

...Columbia, and Mitchell James of Columbia; and four great-grandchildren, Lydia Weaver, Margaret Ella Weaver, Kendal James and Chaley James. Funeral services will be conducted Saturday, Nov. 3, at 2 p.m. at...

family tree in Westmorland Posted on: 16 Jan 2000, by Martin Bainbridge

Surnames > Bainbridge

...Dec 1849. When did he moved to West Derby, LANCS? Also William Bainbridge born Aug 1811 at Burton in Kendal. I belive he married Mary Hodgson in Jan 1835 @ Burton in Kendal. Finally Septimus Bainbridge. He may ...

Re: Another Airey mystery in sunderland, england Posted on: 22 Aug 2002, by  koxley16

Surnames > Airey

...there. Sorry no miles apart on the map. If you are interested all my mother side Aireys where all born in kendal going back to 1795. Not sure if we connect but who knows. Please contact me at Selena38uk@aol...

Re: Another Airey mystery in sunderland, england Posted on: 14 Aug 2001, by  rickinsearcho...

Surnames > Airey

...just Curious - is Sunderland near the Lakes District at all? I'm in Canada and my wife is an Airey from Kendal, Cumbria. Do you connect there at all?? Thank you, Richard jrward@auracom.com

Kitching and Wild Posted on: 25 Sep 2002, by  JonRaymond433

Surnames > Kitching

In the 1881 census, John KITCHING (b ca 1863, Kendal, Westmorland, cork cutter) is listed as a brother-in-law of Joseph WILD (b ca 1842, London). Does anyone have these names?

Re: Airey - Leeds England Posted on: 26 Aug 2002, by  krystyneoxley

Surnames > Airey

Hi There, I have a John Airey born 1806, from Kendal any connections please let me know. Regards Krystyne

Re: Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 04 Jun 2005, by  mdoherty1972

Surnames > Airey

My great great grandmother was ESther Airey, born in Kendal in 1846. Her parents were Issac and Elizabeth.

Re: Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 26 Jan 2005, by  covhil

Surnames > Airey

...lived in Bradford, West Yorkshire UK. There are numerous branches of the Airey family in Middleton, Kendal and that area. Unfortunately they seem to have named all their children by the same names so ...

Re: Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 14 Aug 2003, by Brian West

Surnames > Airey

My wife's family have connections with the Airey family of Middleton Nr Kendal, Westmorland. Thomas Airey was born 1839 in Middleton and married Mary Fenwick in mid 1800s. Thomas father was Richard Airey a ...

Re: Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 26 Aug 2002, by Richard

Surnames > Airey

...can only go back to a William Henry Airey, who is my Wife's Grandfather - probably born in 1906 around Kendal area. Does this name fit into your research at all? Regards, Richard

Re: Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 26 Aug 2002, by  krystyneoxley

Surnames > Airey

Hallo Would love to hear from you regarding Aireys from Kendal area. My Mothers family all lived there going back to 1795 that i have traced so far. Would be great if we find a direct link. so maybe we can...

Re: John Nixon Posted on: 14 Oct 2006, by  blair671

Surnames > Nixon

...According to my records, he was my first cousin, twice removed and he and I share common ancestors, Kendal and Jane Nixon. I look forward to hearing from you. Blair

Re: Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 25 Aug 2002, by  koxley16

Surnames > Airey

Hi My mothers family name is Airey. I have traced back to 1795. All 4 generations were born in Kendal, Westmoreland. Please contact me with any information you have or require. Kind Regards

Re: Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 22 Aug 2002, by  koxley16

Surnames > Airey

Hi, All my mothers family going back five generations upto now have been born in Kendal. Hope we connect somewhere please contact me at selena38uk@aol.com

Pooley's in the N.E. of England Posted on: 24 Feb 2001, by  JEANFOY

Surnames > Pooley

I am trying to trace the decendants of ISOBEL BECK & JAMES POOLEY. ISOBEL (1881) was from Kendal, Westmorland and she and JAMES had a son JAMES BECK POOLEY born 1907. Their address at the time was Clift...

Airey\Lakes District [ Cumbria ] and area Posted on: 25 Feb 2001, by  RichardWard19...

Surnames > Airey

I am searching for history on Airey family in Kendal Cumbria and previously. Any Airey born around Kendal would be a good start. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Richard

Re: Galpin/Gilpin family genealogy Posted on: 02 Jun 2006, by  N_Percival

Surnames > Galpin

...is over let me tell you what I have found over the years. First, Gilpin is found in Kentmere Hall, Kendal, Westmoreland, England as early as 1268 with a land grant. Supposedly this surname devired from deG...

orval kendal sherick Posted on: 09 Jun 2003, by  VictoriaWren

Surnames > Sherick

I am looking for information on my grandfather, Orval Kendal Sherick. He was born in 1910 in Detroit, Michigan. In 1930 - 1935 he was in Chicago, IL. My mother was born in 1932 and Orval left when she wa...

Re: To: Donald Andrew Airey !! Posted on: 27 Aug 2002, by Richard

Surnames > Airey

Brenda, I forgot to mention my Father-in-Laws siblings in the last reply. John Airey - who still lives in Kendal, had siblings Doreen, Tommy, Malcolm, Audrey, Margaret and Colin. Maybe your Mother-in-Law mi...

Re: To: Donald Andrew Airey !! Posted on: 27 Aug 2002, by Richard

Surnames > Airey

Thank you for the generous offer, My Father-in-Law is John Airey, born approx. 1935 around Kendal[probably Staveley]. He married a Joan Mary Simpkins from Dalton-in-Furness, and both are still very much al...

Ronald Alexander Kennedy Posted on: 07 Nov 2006, by donna

Surnames > Kennedy

...help me find information regarding Ronald Alexander Kennedy He was born in 1875, Lonsdale Westmoreland,Kendal, Yorkshire, Gt Braitain. He married Elizabeth Gillett was father to four children but dissapeare...

James W. Kindell 75th Indiana Vol-Civil War Soldier Posted on: 30 May 2001, by  CFrieszell

Surnames > Kandle

I just recieved the original civil war discharge paper of James W. Kindell/Kendel/Kendal/Kendle/Kindle/Kendall; Call me if you know any thing or write me at Dinks Genealogy Memorial Museum 3729 S. Landess S...

John Henry Smith born (1907)Dalton in Furness Posted on: 16 Jun 2006, by  heather13011

Surnames > Daughtery

...born 1907 Dalton in Furness was related to, i know he had a brother Tom who lived at Crooklands nr, Kendal, & a brother living in London, who was in the police force, i don't know who his parents were w...

Marriages Posted on: 07 Apr 2000, by  KWhitl

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Clay

...Aug 1, 1875. The only information I have is her married name McClellan and her mother's maiden name Kendal. Does anyone out there have a mystery MARY TURNER? I've been looking for a few years now and still ...

William Taylor/ Helen Byers Posted on: 18 Nov 2000, by  willaimjohnst...

Surnames > Taylor

... I am searching for information on my 3 x great grandparents William Taylor born 1810 (I believe in Kendal)and died in Dumfriesshire in Hutton Parish 1904. married Helen Byers and had a large family. Their...

NIXON's from England Posted on: 29 Aug 2000, by  BlairNixon

Surnames > Nixon

I am searching for Kendal NIXON (b.1853 in Lorton, Cumberland County, England) and his wife Jane (THORNTHWAITE) NIXON (b. about 1852 in Cumberland County, England). Kendal and Jane immigrated to Manitoba and Sask...

Re: Charles Hunter, born 1875 in England Posted on: 09 Aug 2001, by Nigel Hunter

Surnames > Hunter

...in Canada (that has never yet been proven). He was born on 30.1.1875 at Dodding Green, Skelsmergh, Kendal, Westmorland, England and his parents were WILLIAM ATKINSON HUNTER and ELIZABETH (nee MORIN). His ...

Re: Jane Wareing and Robert Beetham of Preston Posted on: 26 Feb 2006, by  mmercer146

Surnames > Wareing

...Here is some additional info which may help: Jane's 'husband' Robert Beetham was a tailor, born in Kendal. They lived in 41 Brougham Street (1891 census), 56 Haydock Street, (birth of son Arthur, 1893) and...

Charles Hunter in USA or CAN Posted on: 28 May 2001, by  NigelHunter

Surnames > Hunter

...gratefully received. Please contact me via e-mail: nigel.hunter1@btinternet.com Thanks, Nigel Hunter Kendal, England

Charles Hunter, born 1875 in England Posted on: 23 Jun 2001, by  NigelHunter

Surnames > Hunter

...Ellis Island in March 1906 and I've no idea where he then went or what happened to him. He was born in Kendal, Westmorland, England in 1875 and his parents were William Atkinson Hunter and Elizabeth Hunter...

Re: Dainton's in Canada Posted on: 07 May 2004, by  christian1591

Surnames > Dainton

Robert I tried sending you a reply earlier, however it seems to have been deleated. The records and dates below are taken directly from parish records. Valentine DAINTON & Maria EMBLEY Sarah ...

Re: Dainton's in Canada Posted on: 05 May 2004, by  christian1591

Surnames > Dainton

...found no baptism for John at Limpley Stoke. James was the son of Roger Dainton & Ann Rendal(or Kendal), who married Freshford. I am certain the Dainton's of Limpley Stoke tie in with the Dainton's of ...

Re: John Virtue Posted on: 17 Aug 2001, by Michael Virtue

Surnames > Virtue

...born between 1875 and 1890. William Shaw Virtue lived in Manchester, Jamaica. The town or village, Kendal, is in that parish.

John Virtue Posted on: 09 Aug 2000, by Grace Virtue

Surnames > Virtue

...little to go on except that my grandfather's name was John Virtue. He was a railway station master in Kendal Jamaica, perhaps in the 1920's. He was part East Indian perhaps on his mother's side. The line as...

As much info as possible... Posted on: 07 Mar 2001, by  jeeptj99

Surnames > Lenius

...a police officer in the city of Regina Saskatchewan Canada. My father James Adam Lenius was born in Kendal Saskatchewan. His fathers name was Joseph Lenius and his father was Adam Lenius and that is the fur...

Dohertys in Greenock Posted on: 04 Nov 2000, by  heather_dupon...

Surnames > Docherty

...1889 in Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Her father's name was Dennis and mother's name was Margaret Kendal. I have a couple of pictures of what I gather to be the stores they owned. Above the doorway on ...

Looking Posted on: 06 Apr 2000, by  Loishess

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kent

...Rapids with Perkins and Woodward, retiring in 1891. Is he the son of Ward Woodward of NY and brother of Kendal and George Woodward. Was it his niece, Frances Woodward who m. William T. Hess who also was wit...

Re: Blands in Westmorland Posted on: 16 Dec 2004, by  GarySteele42

Surnames > Bland

Ron, My maternal aunt was married to Percy Bland b. 1914 in Kendal. His father was Herbert Bland b. 1880 in Kendal. His father was Thomas Bland b. abt. 1855 in Kendal. Herbert's siblings were Percy b. 1883, Ada b. 188...

Re: How can I get a family tree on the FARINO family? Posted on: 21 Apr 2005, by Kendal

Surnames > Farino

...you and how is Andrew, I haven't heard from him in years. If you need any information let me know. Kendal

Re: How can I get a family tree on the FARINO family? Posted on: 21 Apr 2005, by  pynekl

Surnames > Farino

...the family and has extensive information. If wanting more information please contact at above email. Kendal

WORTH / KNOWLES Family trees Posted on: 09 Oct 2000, by  uklyn

Surnames > Worth

...connections with the above surnames Worth, Barden, Hemingway,Joy,( Wakefield, Bramley )Yorkshire Hodgson,(Kendal Westmorland) Rodden, (Carlisle Cumberland) Moss,Gallimoor (Preston, Clayton Le Moors, Lancash...

Re: McDaniels of Louisiana Posted on: 11 Aug 2001, by  LouiseChambli...

Surnames > McDaniel

Hi, Kendal. James Monroe and Rebecca Ellen (Thompson)McDaniel, better known as "Jim and Booky", are my gggggrandparents......contact me at weeseandhoss@msn.com right away, perhaps we can fill in...

Yorkshire Marriners - Keighley Posted on: 26 Jul 2002, by Mark Andrew

Surnames > Marriner

I am working on the Marriner family of Keighley Yorkshire UK and they may have origins from Kendal in Westmoreland. They were the largest Woolen Manufacturers at one time in the town. Has anyone any informa...

James Davey - Riverstown Sligo Posted on: 01 Apr 2000, by Janet Wylie Hakkinen

Surnames > Davey

...more children. She outlived him too. She lived to a ripe old age. Austin married Isabel Carlisle from Kendal, England.

Re: Line of Sydney Hayhurst m. Elsie Lamb Posted on: 15 Nov 2004, by  delliott5

Surnames > Hayhurst

...at ww.familyserch.org John b Broughton, is living with his parents Thomas and Eliza who were b in Kendal Westmorland. There are quite a few siblings Elizabeth Kilgour b Pendleton, is living with married ...

Update on Sudlow - Shropshire/Lancashire/Kendal Posted on: 06 Aug 2006, by Robin Sharman

Surnames > Sudlow

...Henry (Halton, near Lancaster, 1891) and Fred S. (Lancaster, 1896). By 1901 the family were living in Kendal where Richard was still a coachman.

per page