Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Norland" - 346 Messages

per page

BARKVE Posted on: 02 Feb 1999, by James L. Barkve

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Rogaland

...me at the e-mail address. He emigrated to northern Iowa around 1888. My Grandmother, Inger Nilsdatter Norland HELLAND is another area of research. She lived around Tau, Norway and emigrated about 1890. The f...

AITKENHEAD: Morag Robina Roy Mackinnon Aitkenhead 21.sep,2007 Posted on: 21 Oct 2007, by  666888

Topics > Obituaries

Morag Aitkenhead Last Updated: 3:02am BST 20/10/2007 The Telegraph.co.uk Morag Aitkenhead, who died on September 21 aged 95, founded and ran, with her husband John Aitkenhead, the progressive Kilq...

Pauline Frederick aka Pauline Beatrice Libby Posted on: 11 Nov 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Pauline Frederick's personal life seemed as fraught with drama as her screen life, with an up and down career, a domineering mother who lived with her most of her life, and five unhappy marriages--one...

obit fyi: Florence Abbie Moore. 1915-2007 Posted on: 29 Aug 2007, by  Nanatothree

Surnames > Moore

PLEASE NOTE, THIS WAS POSTED FOR REFERENCE ONLY. I AM NOT RELATED TO, NOR AM I RESEARCHING THIS FAMILY, I’VE ONLY DONE A COPY AND PASTE FROM OUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER FYI. THIS INFO HAS BEEN POSTED WITH T...

Herman and Gerda Norland, Cylinder, Iowa Posted on: 22 Mar 2007, by  MNGenWeb

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Palo Alto

Herman Norland from Cylinder, Palo Alto County, Iowa married Gerda Canton from Watson, Chippewa County, Minnesota. I have notes that they had two daughters and six boys. I found where they are buried. http:...

Looking for death record - Olof Nordlund - 1898. Posted on: 13 Aug 2007, by  sweden1999

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Muskegon

I am looking for the death record of Olof Nordlund, who died in Muskegon on March 23, 1898.

PARHAM, Dorothy J., died March 15, 2007 Posted on: 22 Mar 2007, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

PARHAM, Dorothy J., died March 15, 2007 PARHAM, DEKEN, HAWK, WEST, WING, NORLAND, REINHART, PARR, VOELM, STUTTON, SPADE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&...

PARHAM, Dorothy J., died March 15, 2007 Posted on: 22 Mar 2007, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

PARHAM, Dorothy J., died March 15, 2007 PARHAM, DEKEN, HAWK, WEST, WING, NORLAND, REINHART, PARR, VOELM, STUTTON, SPADE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&...

Norland from Cylinder, Iowa Posted on: 22 Mar 2007, by  MNGenWeb

Surnames > Norland

Herman Norland from Cylinder, Palo Alto County, Iowa married Gerda Canton from Watson, Chippewa County, Minnesoa. I have notes that they had two daughters and six boys. I found where they are buried. http:/...

Re: Bottomley's of Rastrick, West Yorkshire Posted on: 08 Aug 2007, by  seljel

Surnames > Bottomley

Hi, I am searching for a gentlemann Jeremiah Bottomley 1788 at Norland near Sowerby Bridge, he later went to live in Rasrick where he had a few children one a daughter called Elizabeth Bottomley born 1824 I...

Re: Samuel Marsden Posted on: 30 Jul 2007, by  keithmarsden2...

Surnames > Marsden

hi adrian as u will see i am a marsden, i have heard of this man and am almost sure he came from a place in yorkshire england called elland, it is between huddersfield&halifax in the west riding o...

Crowther - Luddenden area Posted on: 28 Aug 2007, by  jecrowther

Surnames > Crowther

...descendants of siblings of James, viz Israel, Charles, Squire, Emma and Edwin (my g-g-gf). Locations include Norland, Barkisland, Elland, Greetland, Sowerby Bridge and surrounding areas. Also, any informati...

Re: Morgan Alanzo Poarch Posted on: 28 Apr 2007, by  samarshall197

Surnames > Poarch

Descendants of Morgan Lorenzo Poarch Generation No. 1 1. MORGAN LORENZO8 POARCH (WILLIAM CARROLL DOVE7, JOHN CARROLL6, PETER5 PORCH, HENRY4, JAMES3, HENRY2, PORCH1) was born 14 May 1857 in Giles ...

Re: Morgan Alanzo Poarch Posted on: 28 Apr 2007, by  samarshall197

Surnames > Poarch

Descendants of Morgan Lorenzo Poarch Generation No. 1 1. MORGAN LORENZO8 POARCH (WILLIAM CARROLL DOVE7, JOHN CARROLL6, PETER5 PORCH, HENRY4, JAMES3, HENRY2, PORCH1) was born 14 May 1857 in Giles ...

CROWTHER of Calderdale Posted on: 30 Sep 2000, by  jecrowther

Surnames > Crowther

...the following Crowthers in West Yorkshire: children of Israel and Mary Crowther of Upper Heath Hall, Norland; Eliza Jane, born c1855 Amos, born c1861 Ezra, born c1864 Hannah, born c1866 and grandson Smith C...

Re: Nerdal / Nerdahl family, Norweigan Posted on: 22 Apr 2007, by  vickyryan97

Localities > North America > Canada > Québec > Gaspésie--Îles-de-la-Madeleine > General

...email. It may at some time have relavence to the research to norway. per/peder johan nerdahl b apr 1848 norland,norway to us 1870 settled first fillmore county , minnesota - 1875 to minnehaha county, north...

Canada Gunn's Posted on: 19 May 2007, by  jaydon2

Surnames > Gunn

...in the Whitby area and then travelled north to Victoria County and lived in and around the village of Norland

Crowther in Calderdale Posted on: 01 Oct 2000, by  jecrowther

Surnames > Crowther

...dates in () are approximate year of birth: children of Israel and Mary Crowther of Upper Heath Hall, Norland; Mary Ann (1851/2) Ellen (1853/4) Eliza Jane (1856/7) Ezra (1856/7) Amos (1863/4) Hannah (1865/6)...

Crowther at Rastrick Posted on: 01 Oct 2000, by  jecrowther

Surnames > Crowther

...research and interests have not taken me in that direction at all. I am interested in Crowthers from Norland, Barkisland, Sowerby, Warley etc.

Re: Looking for Dr John W. McCauley's Obits Posted on: 01 May 2007, by  May Kipe

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Franklin

Sunday October 11, 1998 Obituaries Herald-Mail Hagerstown, Md. John W. McCauley Jr. CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - Dr. John W. McCauley Jr., 75, a resident of ManorCare Health Services, and formerly of 724 ...

Canton's from Watson, Minnesota Posted on: 22 Mar 2007, by  MNGenWeb

Surnames > Canton

...Clara Schiager from Canton, SD. They had five children: Morris (died young) Gerda (married Herman Norland from Cylinder, Iowa) Paul (married Pearl Torgerson) Edward S. (married Rita Schield then Sigfrid So...

Re: Marsden - Stoke on Trent Posted on: 02 Jan 2008, by  keithmarsden2...

Surnames > Marsden

...a place called barkisland up to the mid 1880s and then three miles down the road to a a place called norland this takes me from 1841 to present times, the only black sheep if you can call him a black sheep w...

Re: Cornwall, England & Scotland Chynoweths 1700-1950's Posted on: 18 May 2008, by  kevinliscombe...

Surnames > Chynoweth

...inquiry and it's funny you're from peterborough and im from lindsay and north of lindsay is coboconk and norland and a whole wack of chynoweths of which i am related through my mother marion who was born in ...

Joyce Norland obit, d. Jan 6, 2008 Posted on: 06 Jul 2008, by  ColleenBlizar...

Surnames > Pennington

Joyce Norland BIRMINGHAM – Joyce Noland, 52, formerly of Sulligent, Ala., died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2008, at her home. She was born March 21, 1955, in Lamar County, Ala., to the late Isaiah J.D. and Annie Vivian...

John Bernard Erickson, bio Posted on: 25 Jun 2008, by  tejmex63

Surnames > Erickson

JOHN BERNARD ERICKSON Norland Township, Roseau Co, MN John Bernard Erickson and his wife, Hilma BURSTROM, came to Roseau County fra Sweden. In 1909, when he was 30 years old, he homesteaded in Norland Township. He...

Mark Whitaker of Baltinore & Rev. Alexander Whitaker of Jamestown Posted on: 07 Jul 2008, by  JamesWalterDr...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maryland > Counties > Baltimore City

Here are some of the notes I worked with while trying to link Rev. Alexander Whitaker (1585-1619) of Jamestown, VA.. to my immigrant ancestor Mark Whitaker (1677-1729) of Baltimore, Co., MD. Perhaps s...

Hitchen Posted on: 22 Oct 2000, by Trudi

Surnames > Hitchen

Hi - My Great Grandma was an Alice Hitchen from Norland in Sowerby Bridge West Yorks. She was one of eleven Hitchens and I have information going back to John Hitchen born 1771. Much of the information is st...

Anna Christine Arngrimson Posted on: 19 Apr 2008, by  burgardd

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Iceland > General

...but left Iceland probably in 1879 and arrived in Quebec on the ship SS Waldensian. She married Mike Norland, born Magnus Thorgrimson,in about 1905 in Ivanhoe, Minnesota. They moved to Linder township, Nort...

de LARRABEITI: Michael de Larrabeiti 2008 Posted on: 10 May 2008, by  666888

Topics > Obituaries

Michael de Larrabeiti Last Updated: 2:12AM BST 08/05/2008 The Telgraph.co.uk Writer whose Borrible Trilogy about a mutant tribe of child runaways delighted children but shocked their parents. Mic...

Re: Belfrys in Manitoba and Saskatchewan Posted on: 20 Jul 2008, by  FredStephen72

Surnames > Belfry

...the one that married Minnie Belfry on April 4 1919. Ther are few Belrys buried in Pine Grove Cemetry Norland Ontario .I live about a mile from Pine Grove. Do you have any information ...

Re: PICKLES of Todmorden Posted on: 23 Jul 2008, by  billbinns

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

...Fred Pickles son 3m Todmorden 1851 HO 107/2289/252 Pex Wood Todmorden Enoch Pickles HM 66 Millwright Norland Yorks Eliza Pickles dau un 34 Midgeley Yorks Watts Pickles son 17 Stone Mason Todmorden Thomas Nor...

Mrs. Lucia Maria Hall Posted on: 13 Jul 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries (2)

Mrs. Lucia Maria Hall September 05, 1923 - October 29, 2007 Mrs. Ludka Maria von Kowalski Dziechien Prymka Hall, age 84 years, passed away on Monday, October 29, 2007 at East Jefferson General Hospi...

Albert "Ole" Olsen (Died August 21, 2008) Posted on: 31 Aug 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries (2)

Winnipeg was always home to Ole Olsen Ole Olsen Fireman-wrestler Olsen was 'the real thing' Albert "Ole" Olsen was not a name known much outside the Manitoba wrestling circles. ...

Re: Any Whellers in 1800 Marylebone Posted on: 07 Aug 2008, by  Johnbarlow48

Surnames > Wheller

...in my tree, born c1817 married to Caroline Hayward, daughter Sarah Eliza married Edwin Barlow 1871, Norland Middlesex, at the time of sarah's birth family were living at 4 Hollings Cottages, East Row, Kinsal...

Wing, Mollie Kathleen RN Posted on: 26 Jun 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries (2)

...herself to be a skilled horsewoman winning many jumping competitions. She trained as a children's nurse at Norland Nurses College in Tunbridge Wells and traveled to many parts of the world in that capacity. ...

Re: Peterson, Pedersen?, Larson Peterson? any help for me? Posted on: 12 Jun 2008, by  unclarity

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > General

...The VERY nice man there also found Andres and Berets obits and sent me the lot. I have located them in Norland,Vefsn Andres from Andaas farm and Beret(Berith) from Gluggvasshaugen! I think Inka? (Inga) was b...

Benjamin Porgrimsson from Iceland Posted on: 19 Apr 2008, by  burgardd

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Iceland > General

I am researching my husband's family from Iceland. Looking for any information on Benjamin Porgrimsson b: December 24, 1844 in Hamundarstadir, Vopnafjordur, Nordur-Mulasysla.He left Iceland July 1, 18...

John Falk, bio Posted on: 25 Jun 2008, by  tejmex63

Surnames > Falk

JOHN FALK Norland Township, Roseau Co, MN Mr and Mrs John Falk came fra Skaane, Sweden in 1910. Here at the age of 32 yrs he homesteaded on Section 22 of Norland Township. The family lived on the homestead for 16 y...

Herman NORLAND obit; Gerda Norland death date Posted on: 03 Mar 2008, by  metaphor

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Palo Alto

Herman NORLAND's obituary is attached. Gerda's funeral is mentioned in another attached news item, narrowing down her 1981 date of death to August.

Re: Marsdens Posted on: 10 Apr 2008, by  keithmarsden2...

Surnames > Marsden

...there are a few different marsden families, mine is mainly farmers in the dean head, barkisland & norland areas. keith marsden

Re: Marsdens Posted on: 27 Apr 2008, by  keithmarsden2...

Surnames > Marsden

...where mostly farmers and inn keepers in and around the areas of scammonden, barkisland, dean head, and norland, are these the ones you want. email keithmarsden2639@msn.com keith.

Re: OBIT lookup please Posted on: 19 Mar 2008, by  ThomasEMilne

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oregon > Counties > Josephine

Dear Sally: My second great grandparents William Robert Blalock and Martha Ellen Blalock, nee Robbins migrated from Ohio after the 1900 Census, in time to make the 1910 Census of Wolf Creek, Josephi...

Re: CROWTHER FAMILY Posted on: 19 Mar 2008, by  jecrowther

Surnames > Crowther

Any information on any Crowther from the area around Ripponden, Sowerby and Norland in West Yorkshire (formerly the West Riding of Yorkshire) would be very much appreciated - it's like a genealogical jigsaw ...

Rasmus OLSEN & Kari KNUDSEN census help please! Posted on: 16 Mar 2008, by  casey745

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Unknown

...grandparents in the 1875 and 1900 Norwegian census. Their son, Gunnar Olai RASMUSSEN, was born in Sortland, Norland in 1882. I found him living (Municipality: Haugesund) with another family just 3 months pri...

Re: Kraneprestelijet'd Posted on: 14 Jan 2008, by  oldarmymed

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Nordland

This is supposedly the location of the 1866 marriage of Erick Severson of Sogn og Fjordane, b. 19 May 1835, to Hannah Margareta Hanson of Norland, b. 8 Sep 1844.

Cecil & Delia Cowling Posted on: 05 Dec 2007, by  RuthAnnMontgo...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Dane

...will be held at the GNEWIKOW FUNERAL HOME, Mazomanie, at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 26. Rev. Bernard Norland officiating. Burial will be in the Mazomanie Cemetery, friends may call after 3 p.m. on Sunday,...

Oates Ingham of Halifax Yorkshire Posted on: 21 Jun 2009, by  Carolirvine20...

Surnames > Ingham

I am seeking information on Oates Ingham born 1789 in Norland, Yorkshire England. He was married to Rachel Tasker in 1810 and had 7 children. I am trying to find out Oates' parents or siblings names and if...

Obit: Hazel (Knudson) Walker Norris of Iowa (1911-2009) Posted on: 28 Jul 2009, by  wilsonje19

Surnames > Knudson

Hazel Marie Norris, daughter of Herbert and Mary (Norland) Knudson, was born on October 19, 1911 in Depew, Iowa. She was educated in Palo Alto County and was a lifelong Emmetsburg area resident. Hazel was ...

Robert Koch, 90, son of, C. Frank and Gertrude R. (Heffelfinger) Koch. Posted on: 28 Nov 2008, by  KENNELLYMARKA

Surnames > Koch

C. Robert Koch, 90, formerly of 240 Bobwhite Trail, Fayetteville, died at 4:45 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2008, in Menno Haven, Chambersburg. Born March 7, 1918, in Reading, he was the son of the late...

ALFRED SPENCER MARTIN, md - Port Arthur Posted on: 18 Jan 2009, by  jaydon2

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Thunder Bay

I am looking for information on Alfred Spencer MARTIN who lived in Norland, Victoria County and travelled to Port Arthur in 1908. Alfred "Doc" MARTIN, b abt 1840 in Ontario was married to Lydia WIL...

per page