Search the Boards

Search Results for "myfamily" - 139 Messages

per page

Thomas Greenwade Website Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  dgreenwade73

Surnames > Greenwade

...Descendants.If you are interested in this family line, please to to this link and sign up. http://www.myfamily.com/group/142297235/public There is a lot of great information and pictures on here already. Our ...

Re: Problems uploading photos to MyFamily.com? Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by  Shirley Weick

Topics > Ancestry > com > Ancestry Site Comments

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution ?

Re: William Lee died 1819 Madison CO ILL Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  Jeffercocater...

Surnames > Lee

...to send a link but it wasn't working well//// do a google search for it.... ancestry farmed it out to myfamily.com Google Lee family DNA project I have one of our Lee family members in there but he turn...

Re: Gallie, Jersey Channel Islands Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  kyearsley1

Surnames > Gallie

...forum. We have over 80 Gallie members from all over the world sharing trees, research, photos etc. www.myfamily.com/gallie

Re: Jacob Leiter Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by  Maria Elena R...

Surnames > Leiter

Re: Jacob Leiter at search.ancestry.myfamily.com/...sse.dll?Leiter there is info from "The History of Leitersburg District:(in MD) It indicates his dob 1749, dod 1814 at www.findagrave.com(great site)...

Re: Blankenships of Stopover Ky Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  ceilidh

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Pike

Barry might have allowed the subscription to lapse. Here's a link to try to contact him: http://www.myfamily.com/exec?c=home&htx=PopSite&popsiteid=-lFLAM

Re: Pinkerton from Kosciusko Co. Indiana Posted on: 13 Feb 2014, by  williamlong26

Surnames > Pinkerton

If these photos are of Long family descendants, please consider sharing them on the Ware Long and Early Virginia Longs MyFamily site.

Re: Piggott born in Essex, England Posted on: 14 Feb 2014, by  lisa tucker

Surnames > Piggott

wow don't think we are related but myfamily is from Essex Piggott name my great great great great grandfather was Daniel Piggott born 1788

OP wants Old Search and is willing to pay double and have everyone else pay double to keep him/her happy? Posted on: 15 Feb 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

Topics > Ancestry > com > Ancestry Site Search

...understand that programming languages and methods have evolved greatly since the early days of TGN or myfamily.com. If someone only wants to use the old method, then perhaps a few trips to dusty libraries an...

Re: West Ham Asylum Posted on: 18 Feb 2014, by  marieanddarre...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > East of London Family History Society (EoLFHS)

...don't know if Lily kept in contact with her brother but she must of had some contact with her dad and myfamily as my Aunties remember meeting her. I have a family function 1st March, if my Aunties are there I...

Gimlin, Gimblin, Gimlen, and all the other variations Posted on: 08 Mar 2014, by  mzcie

Surnames > Gimlin

Is anyone interested in joining the Gimlin family genealogy site at MyFamily.com? Many of your questions may be answered at the family site. There are representatives of all Andrew and Molly's children at t...

Re: Out of interest! Posted on: 17 Mar 2014, by  jmyoung365

Topics > RootsWeb > Administrative > Boards Administrators

...for OLD posts before the board system changed in 2000. The URL you get from a Google search has "myfamily" in the middle rather than just the boards.ancestry URL. I think that may cause the problem ...

Re: Out of interest! Posted on: 17 Mar 2014, by  DPotts57

Topics > RootsWeb > Administrative > Boards Administrators

...for OLD posts before the board system changed in 2000. The URL you get from a Google search has "myfamily" in the middle rather than just the boards.ancestry URL. I think that may cause the problem ...

Re: MYFAMILY.COM SITE OF SUCH/ZOUCH NAME VARIANTS Posted on: 19 Mar 2014, by  dickfranklin2...

Surnames > Such

Hello Bob, I have been trying to find what became of my maternal grand father, Sam Such, for about 10 years. He was born in 1877, the son of William Such a salt maker at the National Patent Salt Works...

Edward Earl Boggs Obituary Posted on: 22 Mar 2014, by  fb5050

Surnames > Boggs

Edward E. Boggs Dec. 25, 1938-Mar. 18, 2014 Gulfport Edward Earl Boggs was born on December 25, 1938 in Gulfport, MS to George and Alma Boggs. He departed this life on March 18, 2014. Edward Boggs w...

Re: New George MyFamily.com Super site Posted on: 25 Mar 2014, by  Craig Hill

Surnames > George

If this is still active, I would like to exchange emails. I know that I have family from George's Creek, KY. I'm not sure of the exact relation. I am a direct descendant of Pearl George, and am someho...

Re: JOHN LEANDER ERWIN Posted on: 29 Mar 2014, by  JC_Porter

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Carter

...have John L. Erwin;s father as John Armstrong Erwin. Some of us descendants of John L. Erwin started a myfamily website about a year ago for the John L. Erwin family. We have posted quite a bit of informati...

Re: Looking for help Posted on: 11 Apr 2014, by  rcj561

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Chesterfield

additional info.... Tidbit from a message board posting. http://boards.ancestry.myfamily.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=1914&p=surnames.blankenship Re: BLANKENSHIP, Thomas; Bedford County, Virginia; 188...

Re: Elisha Logsdon, Sr - Death 1815 Madison Co, KY Posted on: 19 Apr 2014, by  LilOkie45

Surnames > Logsdon

A copy was posted on the "LOGSDON CONNECTIONS" myfamily site, J.I. Look under Wills & also Elisha Logsdon to find the copy. Your "LC" buddy...LOL!

Re: Over 5,000 people lost during upload!! Posted on: 28 Apr 2014, by  sl_kelly

...http://genealogytools.com/splitting-a-family-tree-with-family-tree-maker-part-2/ and here: http://boards.ancestry.myfamily.com/topics.software.famtreemaker/7569.2/mb.ashx http://boards.ancestry.myfamily.com/topics....

Re: Looking for family of Joseph Samuel Thames of Alabama Posted on: 30 Apr 2014, by  sherlyn_tate

Surnames > Thames

Having lost all my info on all my trees several times I posted my trees to my site @ myfamily.com. Then i was no longer given a choice. I had to upload them to ancestry to keep them in an online place. I real...

Re: Stanley's of TN Posted on: 14 May 2014, by  Ardric47

Surnames > Stanley

...Stanley / Anna E. (Davis?) family, as I posted about in this thread in 2005 (at http://boards.ancestry.myfamily.com/surnames.stanley/765.842/mb.ashx )? I haven't learned anything significant about them since...

Re: Osborne's Posted on: 16 May 2014, by  Karl_S1

Surnames > Osborne

...Edgar, Erville Carlyle,Mabel Willis, ME If you are part of this family, let me know how. We have a MyFamily.com site (by invitation only) that I will get you onto. Direct contact Karl_S(at)juno.com

Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

http://www.ancestryinsider.org/2014/06/ancestrycom-announces-retirement-of.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AncestryInsider+%28The+Ancestry+Insider%29

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  BrklynBridge

"Of much greater portent, in my mind, is that Ancestry.com is eliminating their Y-DNA and mitochondrial DNA tests. This is big. I’m surprised Ancestry.com isn’t more aware of how genealogists uti...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

I doubt there'll be any sort of "massive exodus" as both the yDNA and mtDNA offerings on ANC have been buried for quite a while. They just needed to make some sort of announcement to make i...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  chascornell

I jumped on the $99 Special DNA test. A total waste. MtDNA, yDNA, atDNA, FTDNA? No thanks.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

"I jumped on the $99 Special DNA test. A total waste. MtDNA, yDNA, atDNA, FTDNA? No thanks." Let me guess. You bought the current Ancestry DNA test and your 'Ethnicity' wasn't what you exp...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  silverfox3280

Actually, just the opposite here. Was exactly what I expected, ie was exactly what I already knew. Total waste of money.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

"Actually, just the opposite here. Was exactly what I expected, ie was exactly what I already knew. " Are you referring to the Ethnicity results?

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  silverfox3280

Yes.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

If you spent $100 to find out your ethnicity thinking that was going to help you in any way with genealogy research then, Yep you wasted your money. In a nutshell, the Ethnicity estimates are DNA res...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  barbarajfn

I'll be glad to see Mundia gone. That one scared me.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  McComberdesce...

I like My Canvas and am sorry to see it go. It has a pretty slick interface with the on line trees, including the media libraries. I did history books for both of my parents (copies to the siblings)...

Persinger myfamily site Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  Persinger48

Surnames > Persinger

I haven't logged in for awhile but I just a message saying the myfamily site is being retired. I tried to sign in but it says the Persinger site is expired. Has anyone created a new site or any of the membe...

Save MyFamily.com as a version 1.0 reboot ! Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  LINDABYAM

I loved the original design of this site - including calendar, scrolling announcements, polls, chats, etc. Cannot believe they never really promoted this site - even a link from Ancestry.com. They l...

Re: Save MyFamily.com as a version 1.0 reboot ! Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  DelorisWillia...

I belong to several MyFamily sites, and as you said, at one time they were great and much fun and PRIVATE for sharing family info, documents, photos, and many people collaborate their family history on those ...

Re: Save MyFamily.com as a version 1.0 reboot ! Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  ludlowbaylive

"... wish Ancestry would reconsider ..." Please read all of the posts regarding "saving" Old Search - you'll gain much practical advice on how to convince Ancestry. In the meanti...

Re: Randolph roots at MyFamily.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  debria_bragg

Surnames > Randolph

I hate to bother you, but my request to join the Randolph research group got kicked back also. My Mom is a Randolph from Yancy Co., NC. Having a hard time tracking down her Grandparents' parents. Ge...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  barbarajfn

It does seem that My Canvas was (is) a core offering

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  jking7171

I have never used MyCanvas, but you are right. From the responses, it would seem it might have been considered a core offering. The first question to the blog post about the retirement of certain ser...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  jmyoung365

Chascornell: the ONLY time any valid DNA test is a waste of time if when the person evaluating the results doesn't have an understanding of what the test will show and how to use the results in geneal...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

I wonder if My Canvas may have been determined to have an insufficient profit margin. We will probably never know for sure, but I've seen similar terminology used in press releases over the years, in ...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  jking7171

It may have and I would guess you are right, we will never know. But having worked in the business press for a number of years, usually when a company cites going back to core products or competencies...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  AGHatchett3rd

"If core is putting up and issuing databases based on historical records etc, where does that leave user-submitted trees in the future? " Hopefully it leaves them offline and inaccessible t...

MYFamily ending Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  JohnHills65

Surnames > Hills

As of Sept 5, MyFamily,com is going away. Is there a site where we can transfer both photos and data to continue access for Hills Family researchers. Open for suggestions. The MyFamily suggestions are just for phot...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  jwardh

Surely I am not the only one who doesn't see a printing business as a core to genealogical research?

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  curmil

With one minor exception my DNA was what I expected. It also put me in contact with a second cousin who has the bible of my great grandmother. I now have more information on his branch of the family...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  AGHatchett3rd

At one time Ancestry even had a book division but sold that off to Turner Publishing of Nashville, Tennessee in 2003.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  jmyoung365

Andy: they sure did. I can recall getting a tour of the warehouse where all the publications were stored and even was given a gift of a surplus copy of Killing Cousins a novel they published that obvi...

per page