Search the Boards

Search Results for "myfamily" - 130 Messages

per page

Re: Stanley's of TN Posted on: 14 May 2014, by  Ardric47

Surnames > Stanley

...Stanley / Anna E. (Davis?) family, as I posted about in this thread in 2005 (at http://boards.ancestry.myfamily.com/surnames.stanley/765.842/mb.ashx )? I haven't learned anything significant about them since...

Re: Osborne's Posted on: 16 May 2014, by  Karl_S1

Surnames > Osborne

...Edgar, Erville Carlyle,Mabel Willis, ME If you are part of this family, let me know how. We have a MyFamily.com site (by invitation only) that I will get you onto. Direct contact Karl_S(at)juno.com

Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

Topics > Ancestry > com > Ancestry Site Comments

http://www.ancestryinsider.org/2014/06/ancestrycom-announces-retirement-of.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AncestryInsider+%28The+Ancestry+Insider%29

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  BrklynBridge

"Of much greater portent, in my mind, is that Ancestry.com is eliminating their Y-DNA and mitochondrial DNA tests. This is big. I’m surprised Ancestry.com isn’t more aware of how genealogists uti...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

I doubt there'll be any sort of "massive exodus" as both the yDNA and mtDNA offerings on ANC have been buried for quite a while. They just needed to make some sort of announcement to make i...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  chascornell

I jumped on the $99 Special DNA test. A total waste. MtDNA, yDNA, atDNA, FTDNA? No thanks.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 05 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

"I jumped on the $99 Special DNA test. A total waste. MtDNA, yDNA, atDNA, FTDNA? No thanks." Let me guess. You bought the current Ancestry DNA test and your 'Ethnicity' wasn't what you exp...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  silverfox3280

Actually, just the opposite here. Was exactly what I expected, ie was exactly what I already knew. Total waste of money.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

"Actually, just the opposite here. Was exactly what I expected, ie was exactly what I already knew. " Are you referring to the Ethnicity results?

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  silverfox3280

Yes.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  DPotts57

If you spent $100 to find out your ethnicity thinking that was going to help you in any way with genealogy research then, Yep you wasted your money. In a nutshell, the Ethnicity estimates are DNA res...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  barbarajfn

I'll be glad to see Mundia gone. That one scared me.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  McComberdesce...

I like My Canvas and am sorry to see it go. It has a pretty slick interface with the on line trees, including the media libraries. I did history books for both of my parents (copies to the siblings)...

Persinger myfamily site Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  Persinger48

Surnames > Persinger

I haven't logged in for awhile but I just a message saying the myfamily site is being retired. I tried to sign in but it says the Persinger site is expired. Has anyone created a new site or any of the membe...

Save MyFamily.com as a version 1.0 reboot ! Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  LINDABYAM

I loved the original design of this site - including calendar, scrolling announcements, polls, chats, etc. Cannot believe they never really promoted this site - even a link from Ancestry.com. They l...

Re: Save MyFamily.com as a version 1.0 reboot ! Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  DelorisWillia...

I belong to several MyFamily sites, and as you said, at one time they were great and much fun and PRIVATE for sharing family info, documents, photos, and many people collaborate their family history on those ...

Re: Save MyFamily.com as a version 1.0 reboot ! Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  ludlowbaylive

"... wish Ancestry would reconsider ..." Please read all of the posts regarding "saving" Old Search - you'll gain much practical advice on how to convince Ancestry. In the meanti...

Re: Randolph roots at MyFamily.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  debria_bragg

Surnames > Randolph

I hate to bother you, but my request to join the Randolph research group got kicked back also. My Mom is a Randolph from Yancy Co., NC. Having a hard time tracking down her Grandparents' parents. Ge...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  barbarajfn

It does seem that My Canvas was (is) a core offering

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  jking7171

I have never used MyCanvas, but you are right. From the responses, it would seem it might have been considered a core offering. The first question to the blog post about the retirement of certain ser...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  jmyoung365

Chascornell: the ONLY time any valid DNA test is a waste of time if when the person evaluating the results doesn't have an understanding of what the test will show and how to use the results in geneal...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

I wonder if My Canvas may have been determined to have an insufficient profit margin. We will probably never know for sure, but I've seen similar terminology used in press releases over the years, in ...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 07 Jun 2014, by  jking7171

It may have and I would guess you are right, we will never know. But having worked in the business press for a number of years, usually when a company cites going back to core products or competencies...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  AGHatchett3rd

"If core is putting up and issuing databases based on historical records etc, where does that leave user-submitted trees in the future? " Hopefully it leaves them offline and inaccessible t...

MYFamily ending Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  JohnHills65

Surnames > Hills

As of Sept 5, MyFamily,com is going away. Is there a site where we can transfer both photos and data to continue access for Hills Family researchers. Open for suggestions. The MyFamily suggestions are just for phot...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  jwardh

Surely I am not the only one who doesn't see a printing business as a core to genealogical research?

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  curmil

With one minor exception my DNA was what I expected. It also put me in contact with a second cousin who has the bible of my great grandmother. I now have more information on his branch of the family...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  AGHatchett3rd

At one time Ancestry even had a book division but sold that off to Turner Publishing of Nashville, Tennessee in 2003.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  jmyoung365

Andy: they sure did. I can recall getting a tour of the warehouse where all the publications were stored and even was given a gift of a surplus copy of Killing Cousins a novel they published that obvi...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

Can we dare to hope that ancestry.com may once again allow tagging? A useful option was deleted without warning. Tagging is still available on Mundia. I don't quite understand why paying customers ha...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  Brian Blevins

...of a few experts. I hope that ancestry reconsiders their attempts to limit sites like Genforum, and Myfamily, FTM home pages. Jean Stamm

Re: Looking for info on Mona Nation Reed Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  ChekWriter

Surnames > Nation

Got this email from a party, Says the following: "her birth and marriage info from post em on family page of Elizabeth SWAIM sp to Christopher NATION(s). by alan - alerwick@aol.com dated 9 24 20...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  rbryant991

I'm glad that Ancestry is getting out of yDNA and mtDNA and wish it would get out of atDNA. However, I think it's a bad decision to let genforum go to an only read-only format. A lot of these postings...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  nancy_bryant

I realize now that I have had too much faith in Ancestry. I have trusted them with hundreds of photos and documents and messages on My Family.com. I have trusted them with the format and photos and co...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  barbarajfn

Always assume that what is online can disappear. Companies go out of business. Companies have data breaches. Fiber optic cables get cut. Computers crash.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  rbryant991

That is just heartbreaking. I never thought of it that way. Yes, with so much on the chopping block, it's clear that money is the main motivator and genealogy only matters as a means to profits. I'll ...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  mbmjlm

Without genforum I would never have gotten the wonderful photo of my ggg grandfather that I was sent a few years ago. I posted a message some years ago and 4 years later I received a reply. The messa...

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  jwardh

You thought it was some sort of spiritual or philanthropic mission, perhaps? It's a for-profit business.

Re: Ancestry.com announces retirement of MyFamily.Com, MyCanvas,com, Genealogy.com and Mundia.com Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  AGHatchett3rd

Believe me - if they didn't reconsider restoring OldSearch ( and they didn't!) there is no hope whatsoever in any logical universe that they will reconsider the decision on Genforum and the other site...

Re: Pioneer Families of Camden County website Posted on: 10 Jun 2014, by  BethPany43c

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Camden

...thing. I used to be an invited guest, but it doesn't appear anymore. Now that ancestry is doing away with MyFamily, what will happen with all the incredible data from this site????

Re: Prouts from Devon & Cornwall Posted on: 11 Jun 2014, by  Brigitte Loui...

Surnames > Prout

Hi there I would love to see the Prout information from MyFamily. I am making a gift book for my son in law. Kind regards Brigitte

Re: Annie DAWSON died in Florida 2005, born in NB 1908 Posted on: 14 Jun 2014, by  thomasamurray...

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > General

Almeda Ketch appears, from birth records, to have been Aldora or Dora Ketch or Keetch. She and Alexander King lived in Queensbury Parish, York Co., New Brunswick. The name, King, in that area seems to...

Re: ancestry deleting all YDNA and MTDNA data off their site, very very soon. last date 9 4 2014 Posted on: 14 Jun 2014, by  ChekWriter

Surnames > Mills

Memo was received by me from MyFamily, is a ' product' supported/owned by ancestry. Already part of the program that was connected through ancestry NO longer works. Cannot access profiles. Ancestry...

Re: Randolph roots at MyFamily.com Posted on: 19 Jun 2014, by  hrnmsf

Surnames > Randolph

I've been a member of the Randolph MyFamily.com website for more than a year now. I was able to find a great deal of information about my Randolph ancestors from Jackson County, Ga. The founder of my line was...

Re: Operating FTM Without Being Online Posted on: 20 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

Topics > Genealogy Software > Family Tree Maker software

...is working around the clock to bring this site to full functionality along with several others like MyFamily.com and Rootsweb and we will provide updates as they are available.

Re: FTM 2012 "suddenly cannot access internet" Posted on: 20 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

...is working around the clock to bring this site to full functionality along with several others like MyFamily.com and ...

STILL WORKING ON INDIANA OLERS Posted on: 20 Jun 2014, by  RCSnyder2

Surnames > Oler

For those watching this site -- two items today: 1) Ancestry.com and its affiliates are shutting down MyFamily.com in September, and so far have not provided a decent place to go with what we have posted the...

Re: failing to re register ftm 2011 Posted on: 20 Jun 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

...is working around the clock to bring this site to full functionality along with several others like MyFamily.com and Rootsweb and we will provide updates as they are available.

Joseph and Harriet Posted on: 20 Jun 2014, by  RCSnyder2

Surnames > Oler

...Wayne Co. Indiana. Your Joseph cites Indiana as his place of birth. Just for the record, that site at MyFamily.com is about to disappear. We now have a discussion group on facebook entitled HENRY OLER GENEA...

Re: Welsh Family Site on MyFamily.com -- 2012 ADMIN UPDATE - OBSOLETE POST DO NOT REPLY Posted on: 20 Jun 2014, by  manydogs

Surnames > Welsh

Hi Lee - I have been contacted by someone who may (or may not) be a relative and her posts led me to this one. If you still have the Welsh site, I would love to join or at least "visit". ...

per page