Search the Boards

Search Results for "McConnachie" - 116 Messages

per page

McCONNACHIE's in Fordville & surrounding area's Posted on: 17 Jul 1999, by Carol

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Dakota > Counties > Grand Forks

Looking for any descendants/information on McConnachie's/and connecting families in the 1880's to the present.

Re: Scotland migrants! Posted on: 23 Feb 2002, by Allison McConaghy Hink

Surnames > McConnachie

...United States from Scotland in the 1900's they were Frances John born June 1892 & Helen (Clark) McConnachie born March 1894. I believe that the name was changed at Ellis land to McConaghy.They had 10 childre...

Re: MCCONNACHIES SCOTLAND Posted on: 07 May 2002, by  gprop9508

Surnames > McConnachie

My wife has relatives from Greenock & Port Glasgow which are basically the same place I am told. E-mail me & we will exchange info if there is a connection. We recently found a cousin in NY t...

Re: I've lost an "n" but I think I'm still related... Posted on: 06 May 2002, by  gprop

Surnames > McConnachie

Todd: Our name was spelled McConnachie. Thru the years family members who came over to the US stated that they believed it was changed at Ellis Island when they arrived, however I recently got my Grandparents m...

Ben McConnachie / Roseanne Devlin Posted on: 06 Jul 2001, by  annettemotion

Surnames > McConnachie

These are my grandparents and I would like to complete my grandfathers side of the family as there are no records other than the fact that he married my grandmother. Whoever done the research on my g...

James McConnachie Posted on: 22 Nov 2001, by Ken

Surnames > McConnachie

Looking for information about James McConachy b 1770 possibly Drumachloy,Rothesay,Bute who served in the Breadalbane Fencibles and then married the widow Margaret Tosh (unmarried name Auchterlonie) in...

McCONNACHIE/GARDEN family in Rathven, Buckie, Scotland Posted on: 01 May 2002, by Linda Garden

Surnames > McConnachie

I am a descendant of Margaret McConnachie, b. 1837 in Rathven, Scotland. Her parents were John McConnachie and Margaret Russel. She married George Garden, a local farmer, in 1863, and bore 8 children. She died in her 30...

Re: McCONNACHIE/GARDEN family in Rathven, Buckie, Scotland Posted on: 27 Jun 2003, by Ben Eicher

Surnames > McConnachie

Linda, I have just started with my own genealogy research. My great grandmother was a McConnachie. Sarah, with brother John, sister Jenny and at least one other sister that I don't know the name of. Sarah ...

Re: McCONNACHIE/GARDEN family in Rathven, Buckie, Scotland Posted on: 27 Jun 2003, by Linda Garden

Surnames > McConnachie

Since my last posting, I have received more info from a distant cousin. "My" Margaret McConnachie was born in 1837 in Drybridge, Letterfourie -- which is just up the hill from the Kirk at Rathven, and...

Re: McCONNACHIE/GARDEN family in Rathven, Buckie, Scotland Posted on: 08 Feb 2006, by Linda Garden

Surnames > McConnachie

My father, William Garden (b. 1909) emigrated to Canada in 1928. He was the 4th son of Margaret McConnachie Garden's second son George Garden. He came with his first cousin Hugh McCallum, son of Margaret's eld...

William McConnachie m. Catherine Gillespie, Antrim Ire ... then to Renfrew Scotland Posted on: 10 Sep 2002, by Julie Meloni

Surnames > McConnachie

If anyone has come across this William McConnachie from Antrim, b. ca. 1825 who married Catherine Gillespie in 1854 in Ballintoy, Antrim, Ireland, please let me know. They had at least one child, Mary, b. 1849 ...

JANE McCONNACHIE Posted on: 12 Dec 2002, by  KiminaB

Surnames > McConnachie

Looking for Jane McConnachie birth date & death date & her parents .She married my G.G.G.grandfather Alexander Kinghorn on the 24 January 1841 at Insch, Aberdeen .He was widowed by the 1881 cenus time. A...

Mcconnachie of cabrach Posted on: 20 Mar 2003, by  joebeagle1

Surnames > McConnachie

looking for any information about the mcconnachie family of aberdeen circa 1700-1730. Esp Ann McConnachie who married Patrick gordon circa 1739.

Re: Mcconnachie of cabrach Posted on: 04 Aug 2004, by Rosemary Duncan

Surnames > McConnachie

I don't have a birthdate for Anna and for Patrick I have "Before 1739". However I hope to go to King Street this week and will see if I can find anything. I am researching this for two fam...

Obit: Mae T W PARKES (nee McCONNACHIE) bn 1910 SCT, died 1993 Canada Posted on: 01 Jun 2004, by Not Related

Surnames > McConnachie

...info in the original source. Condolences are extended to the family for their loss. PARKES -- (nee McCONNACHIE) Mae Tait Whyte passed away peacefully at Evergreen House, North Vancouver, on July 20, 1993. Born ...

McConnachie, Hellen P.C. 1906 - 2000 Posted on: 13 Aug 2004, by  tanaweb51

Surnames > McConnachie

I have a photo of the gravestone of this person - DOB Nov 10, 1906 - Mar 16, 2000 I am not related.

Alexander McConnachie parish of Fordyce Posted on: 07 Dec 2004, by  heathermcconn...

Surnames > McConnachie

Looking for information on my great grandfather Alexander McConnachie born 1888 in the parish of Fordyce, Banff, He was married to Helen Farquhar and died in Portsoy, Banff in the sixties.

McConechy / McConacy (McConnachie ?) from Rothesay, Bute Posted on: 27 Nov 2005, by  albroun

Surnames > McConnachie

I have McConechy ancestors from Rothesay, Bute. It is almost certainly the same name as McConnachie as spellings were fairly random in those days. Please refer to http://www.my-broun-wyld-stewart-lang-ancestry....

Re: Any Boreham's taveled in South Pacific Islands during WWII Posted on: 13 Aug 2002, by  mcgivern1

Surnames > Boreham

My uncle was in the NZ Airforce in the Pacific during WWII and after with Pan Am in Nadi and on Canton Is. He was trevor Boreham. His father was in Tonga much earlier. Don't know if this helps?

ARCH MCLEAN & MARY BLACK MARRIED 1821 GLASGOW SCOTLAND Posted on: 18 Feb 2002, by  Margaret_Orr

Surnames > McLean

Hi there, Looking for parents of Archibald McLean born abt 1790 (( Shoe Maker )) where ?? Married to Mary Black on Dec 7 1821 in Glasgow............. Mary Black b Jan...

Re: William SELLAR Posted on: 26 Dec 2006, by  Arie20

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Banffshire > General

John Innes Sellar b. 1810 married a Helen Taylor in 1842 at Cabrach, John died in 1846 at Keithback. James Sellar who married Elspet Innes on August 25, 1807; was born October 25, 1776 and died 1850 a...

Re: Donald McConachy m Mary Bannatyne, Saddell, Scotland Posted on: 05 Jan 2007, by  McFuzz2

Surnames > McConachy

I am looking for McConnachy family members in Saddell and surrounding districts of Argyllshire. It may well be that they are related to those you are searching. I am particularly looking for John McCo...

Re: James Young in Riccarton,Ayr, Scotland Posted on: 16 May 2007, by  wildquilter

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

...Young (this is my ancestor)but am just trying to follow the descendents of Mary Dale(married to John McConnachie), James and Andrew. Agnes(spinster)came to Canada in the later years to live with Robert. Would li...

Re: JOHN AND ROSEANNE DIAMOND Posted on: 08 Mar 2008, by  JaneLiebzeit

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Londonderry > General

Hi Sheelagh, My 4x great-grandfather was John Diamond md to Jane McConnachie (from the death record of their daughter Mary Diamond, who had md John Doherty in Ireland, died age 94 years in Scotland, after Civil ...

Galloway/Peden in Ayrshire Posted on: 22 Mar 2008, by  srjacx

Surnames > Galloway

My ancestors were David Peden and Margaret Galloway from Scotland .Here are 2 generations Descendants of Margaret Galloway 1 Margaret Galloway +David Peden 2 James Milroy Peden +Marion Bly...

Re: McConnachie Posted on: 06 Apr 2008, by  jeansimpson8

Arthur McC. was my GFather James's brother.James born 16 Oct 1858 Keith. Would like to know where Arthur's Tailors Shop was in Keith?

Re: ELLIS families @ Leochel-Cushnie, Aberdeenshire early 1800s-> Posted on: 08 Apr 2008, by  JBowen

Surnames > Ellis

Here is some additional information regarding Peter Ellis. Peter married Ann THOMSON [2417] [MRIN: 785] on 3 Nov 1811 in Leochel And Cushnie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, daughter of Charles THOMSON [374...

Jane Mcconnachie, born c1832 Posted on: 06 Jan 2009, by  Penny_Moxon

Surnames > McConnachie

This lady is my gggrandmother and I am trying to find her parents. I know her father WEilliam was a cooper and was born in Manchester but I cannot find any ref to her mother. Can anyone help? Jane ...

Re: MCCONNACHIE Posted on: 17 Mar 2009, by  jameswilfred

My Grandfather John McConnachie was also born in Banffshire Scotland [about] 1852. Died April 18th 1912 here in New Zealand. I have some information about him here in New Zealand. My Greatgrandparents were Willi...

McConnachies in Tweed Ontario Posted on: 10 Aug 2009, by  lorijane131

Surnames > McConnachie

I am very new to all of this and am looking to find out family information about Alexander McConnachie who cam from Scotland and settled in Tweed. Alexander is my Great Grandfather his son Frank was my dad Will...

Aberdeen Area McConnachie Posted on: 03 Nov 2009, by  ancestry2009_...

Does anyone know any information whatsoever about a Katie McConnachie nee Carnegie. I have a photograph by John Hardy of King Street Aberdeen taken in the late 1800s or early 1900s showing her as an elderly lady...

Aberdee Area - McConnachie,Carnegie, McLean Links Posted on: 03 Nov 2009, by  ancestry2009_...

I have a photograph of a John McLean who I believe is in some way linked to the McConnachie or Carnegie families who lived in the Aberdeenshire area in the Victorian period. Does anybody have any information re...

McConnachie Posted on: 11 Nov 2009, by  Duncan Blachf...

Surnames > McConnachie

Looking for any information about Annie McConnachie who had married Duncan Buchanan. Annie was born 15 March 1845 and died 20 May 1905 in London Ontario. Married in Scotland, likely Argyll and came to Canada in ...

Buchanan, McConnachie Posted on: 26 Nov 2009, by  Duncan Blachf...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Argyll > General

My g-grandparents were Duncan Buchanan & Annie McConnachie from the Oban area. Duncan was born 8 June 1847 and died in London Ontario 9 April 1923. Annie was born in 1845 and died in London 20 May 1905. They...

Dutoit in Scotland? Posted on: 07 Mar 2010, by  barbaragurney...

Surnames > DuToit

My ggg grandfather John Campbell was born in Glasgow in 1802 to John Campbell and Mary McConnachie. They also had a daughter Euphemia DuToit Campbell b 1804. This name is mentioned in an old family letter writte...

Re: MCCONNACHIE Posted on: 11 Apr 2010, by  ECFORBES

...if you are interested and would be delighted to hear about John and his life in NZ Eileen Forbes nee McConnachie.

Re: MCCONNACHIE Posted on: 11 Apr 2010, by  ECFORBES

...you are interested. James was born at Nether Ardwell Cabrach 8th June 1889 to Alexander and Margaret McConnachie (nee Stuart) I also have other McConnachie gravestone photographs and information as I was brought up just o...

Clayton, Inkson, McConnachie Connections Posted on: 25 Feb 2011, by  TheHaysHouse

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Moray > General

I'm looking to find more info regarding Clayton, Inkson, McConnachie Connections and would be happy to share my tree with any relatives. Frank Clayton My maternal grandfather Birth 27 Nov 1917 in Manbeen Farm...

Clayton, Inkson, McConnachie Connections Posted on: 25 Feb 2011, by  TheHaysHouse

I'm looking to find more info regarding Clayton, Inkson, McConnachie Connections and would be happy to share my tree with any relatives. Frank Clayton My maternal grandfather Birth 27 Nov 1917 in Manbeen Farm n...

Alexander WATSON & Jean MORRISON Posted on: 09 Jan 2005, by  ianmal

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Renfrewshire > General

...1866) Agnes WATSON (b1864 d1864) Jane WATSON (b c1866 d1874) Margaret WATSON (b1866 d1904) m1891 Michael McCONNACHIE Charlotte Logan WATSON (b1870 d1877) Annie Morrison WATSON (b1872). This is my direct ancesto...

Re: Horn Posted on: 13 Feb 2012, by  elaine_honigm...

Hi Angeline, Elspeth is my ancestor, I am descended from her through Elsie Bella McC, my great gran. Please get in touch! with best wishes, Elaine

Re: McConnachie Posted on: 13 Feb 2012, by  elaine_honigm...

Hi Eileen, I also have McConnachie ancestors who farmed in Upper Belandy, mostly Williams [b 1730, 1754, 1787]- I'd be really intrested to hear from you, with best wishes, Elaine

Re: McConnachie Posted on: 20 Feb 2012, by  elaine_honigm...

Hi Eileen, My email is elaine.honigmann@gmail.com. William McConnachie born 1787 is my great great great great grandfather, via son William, son William, daughter Elsie Bella, son George, and my Mum Elsie [Pack...

Maconnachie/ McConnachie Posted on: 26 Dec 2012, by  Maconnachie

Hi there. I am researching my family tree and have reached something of a dead end with George mcconnachie of Aberdeen. He was the son of Jane Bisset and according to the 1861 census was living with her as an 11...

Re: Maconnachie/ McConnachie Posted on: 26 Dec 2012, by  Maconnachie

Jo-Ann Thank you for that information. I've looked at the original document. That's a great help. When you say St Nicholas, is that the name of the church he was christened at? Would this record not ...

McConnachie/Leith Posted on: 20 Jan 2013, by  marilyn1195

Surnames > McConnachie

Does anyone know of a connection between the names of McConnachie and Leith. My Grandfather said there had been a medal struck in the past to commemorate the two names but I don't know how far back it happened ...

Death of Margaret McConnachie nee Nicolson, Inverness-shire, Scotland Posted on: 29 Mar 2013, by  alison2kenned...

Surnames > McConnachie

The following is taken from The Aberdeen Journal (copied from the Inverness Courier), dated Wednesday, August 11, 1858 and I have replicated it here in case it is of help or interest to anyone else. ...

Re: McKinlay's from the Isle of Bute Posted on: 25 May 2013, by  Robin_Hallam

Surnames > McKinlay

Although you have the accepted English spelling of MacConnachie, my 4-g-grandfather on the Isle of Bute translated his name from Gaelic as James McConechy (1736-1772). He was born and lived his whole...

Patrick McConnachie Posted on: 11 Jul 2013, by  LarryKetchaba...

Surnames > McConnachie

I'm having difficulty trying to find the parents of Patrick McConnachie also known as Peter. He was married to Jane who I believe had a maiden name of Hamilton. They had 9 children, Mary (1866), Agnes (1867), ...

Re: McConnachie Posted on: 27 Sep 2014, by  elaine_honigm...

Hi Dorothy, My family are also descended from the Bellandy McConanchies: I'd love to hear from you. You can contact me here: elaine.honigmann@gmail.com. With best wishes, Elaine

per page