Search the Boards

Search Results for "STREET" - 231,799 Messages

per page

Another Verdun city enquiry c1953 Posted on: 19 Jan 2005, by  CarolColeman8...

Localities > North America > Canada > Québec > Montréal > General

...at 1305 Crawford Bridge , Verdun about this time. Also Mr and Mrs Helen McLaughlin 1127 Burnside Street Montreal about the same time. Many many thanks to anyone who can help. Regards Carol

The Hazlewood Family Posted on: 03 Feb 2005, by  FrankJones66

...Aunt in England post marked Toronto Quebec dated 8 II 34 his address at that times was 2369 St Antoine Street Montreal. Any Help which could point me on the right path would be appreciated

Re: Montreal wards: Kempt St & Shannon St? Posted on: 16 Feb 2005, by Sheila

From the Lovell Street Directory, Montreal 1868-69 Kempt St. goes from Wellington north to William St. and is in St. Ann' Ward. Shannon (formerly Catherine), from Wellington St. to William St. also St. An...

1950's (or before) Montreal Directory Posted on: 02 Mar 2005, by  CarolColeman8...

...1950's or before, to look up 1305 Crawford Bridge Verdun (surname Cornthwaite) and 1127 Burnside Street Montreal (surname McLaughlin) I would be most grateful if anyone can help find these people. W...

Re: Letter #2 (Muriel) Posted on: 07 Mar 2005, by  Murmurd

Christine, in this translation I’ve tried to be faithful to the original French & have NOT necessarily used correct English, so that you’d get a feel of how the letter was written. March 6, 1916...

Re: 1914 Lovell's Montreal Directory -look up Posted on: 15 Mar 2005, by ginette

...1914 Crawford Ave. (did not find any Crawford Bridge) finishes at no. 26 and changed its name to Guerin Street. Sorry cannot be of any help. Keep your fingers crossed!

Re: QC death index look up please Posted on: 21 Oct 2006, by  KarenYeates

Hi Carole, John Cornthwaite was my Grandfather. He died Deceber 29, 1955. He did live on Crawford street. His parents were William Cornthwaite and Emma Bateson. I am working on our tree but I haven't gott...

David Kilgour Posted on: 14 May 2005, by Judy Kilgour

Can someone help me in finding a death certificate for David Kilgour died December 1, 1889 at 60 Mance Street, Montreal? He died at the age of 49 and was a carver and designer, his religion was Presbyterian...

The 1911 census-some geographical help please in Montreal ! Posted on: 26 Jul 2005, by  CarolColeman8...

...Presbyterian church. My relatives were from Scotland and had literally only just arrived in Canada.The only street name I have is Nazareth,but that wasn't till 1914-when the youngest one joined up to the a...

Re: The 1911 census-some geographical help please in Montreal ! Posted on: 28 Jul 2005, by Lynda

Hi Carol, My relatives also lived on Nazareth street... it was in an area called Griffintown where a lot of Irish Catholics were. If you " Google" Griffintown, you'll get more info. Also, the nam...

Re: Montreal Directory 1914- address would help Posted on: 31 Jul 2005, by ginette

St. Urbain is a very long street. According to the Directory the street is in St. Lawrence, ST-Jean-Baptiste and Laurier wards. The address may help narrow down on a specific ward. I would then look on the distri...

Re: Beaubien Street - Montreal Directory 1914 Posted on: 19 Aug 2005, by ginette

Beaubien Street East (West was not opened) are in Laurier and St. Denis Wards. If you had the address I could be more precise. I could also check the name to see if they were still there in my directory.

Search Request of the late 1920's Directories for Montreal Posted on: 23 Sep 2005, by Nick Davey

Hi looking for a search of address 512 McGill Street from 1925 to 1930 . I am interested in who lived there at the time. It is beleived to have been a bank and the Caretakers lived above it. Thanks Nick D...

Re: 1914 Montreal Directory Posted on: 24 Sep 2005, by ginette

Here is the inscription at 512 McGill Street Saxby & Farmer Ltd Wardwell Wm H This street was the business district. Wardwell could be the supervisor of that office but does not mean he was living there. ...

WOOLRYCHE family of Montreal 1860s seeking information Posted on: 24 Sep 2005, by  canadaww1

...photographs were taken in the following photo studios: 1860s circa photos: J. L. Jones, No. 18 Fabrique Street, J. Inglis, 101 Great St. James Street, Livernois & Bienvenu, Quebec 1882 photo: Presby & S...

Re: 1911 Census Montreal - which wards? Posted on: 30 Sep 2005, by ginette

According to 1914 Montreal directory, Tupper Street in in St. Andrew ward and Westmount Ste. Famille is in St. Lawrence ward St. Ferdinand is in St-Henri ward. Good search.

Which ward in Montreal for the 1911 Census?? Posted on: 18 Oct 2005, by Ted

Hi I am looking for Hutchison Street in the census. I found the lower numbers in the St Laurent ward, but as luck would have it, it appears the higher even numbers i.e, 2000 and up are in the Outremont ward...

Re: Which ward in Montreal for the 1911 Census?? Posted on: 19 Oct 2005, by ginette

Hutchison street is in 3 wards: St. Lawrence ward: from 1 (corner of Sherbrooke west) to 303 (where the Mt. Royal mountain starts) Laurier Ward: from 1202 (corner of Mt. Royal street) to 1796 (corner of boul. S...

Chausse/Chasse Street Address...Montreal Posted on: 21 Oct 2005, by Dave Dyke

...jr drowned in July 12th 1912 in St Rose and the newspaper article listed his parents in 1364 Chausse Street. Mapquest.com does not list a Chausse street but there is a Chasse Street and the numbers don't jive....can a...

Re: Rue Chausse,Montreal-DIrectory 1914 Posted on: 22 Oct 2005, by ginette

There was a Chausse Street in 1914. It starts at no. 50 to 998. Dont know about your address and in 1914 dierctory there are no Boote or Booth families in Montreal. Chausse Street is situated in Maisonneuve Distr...

KIRK surname: Dundee, Scotland to Verdun, circa 1902-1910 Posted on: 15 Nov 2005, by Sharon

...Dundee, Forfar (now Angus), Scotland with their 6 children. Here is the census information: 51 William Street Census Place: Dundee, Forfar, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203489 GRO Ref Volume ...

Re: Lost in Montreal Posted on: 20 Dec 2005, by ginette

...the Montreal Directory 1914 for a physician named O'Connor O'Connor Ed J MD physician 133 Bishop Street, in St. Antoine ward. Hope it helps

Re: Brinie family Posted on: 06 Mar 2006, by  CarolColeman8...

Joy , Did you know that you can search the Montreal Lovell street directory on http://bibnum2.bnquebec.ca/bna/lovell/index.html It goes up to 1950 at the moment ,but more is planned. You can search by sur...

Palmer - Montreal Posted on: 13 Mar 2006, by Sus

...married in 1819 at St Pancras, London. Elizabeth and John are believed to have been residing at Nazareth Street, Griffin Town, Montreal in early 1847. John was a wheelwright by trade originally. Does an...

Re: Looking for my Great-Grandmother Posted on: 06 May 2006, by Toni

...might be of interest to you. I found a Pierre Pietrinferni in Montreal. He was a shoemaker at 7572 Berri street in 1930 and then he lived at 6580 Marquette street in 1949 under Pierre Pietrinferno. I also found P...

per page