Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "QUIMBY" - 2,511 Messages

per page

Re: Graham Family in Western Pa. Posted on: 18 Jan 2010, by  jgraham84_1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Mercer

YES!! Clarence Raymond Graham is my grandfather and Quimby was my great grandfather. The census records show step children. The childrens names are Geo W Conzett and Grace A Taylor. The strange thing about ...

Need Look up on a Marriage License in Sumter Co., AL Posted on: 14 Aug 2009, by  janbodenheime...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Sumter

Need information on a Lockey Sheffield and a Emma Quimby married in Sumter Co., Al on March 30, 1858 performed by Jesse B. Thorne. Would like to know their ages. And parents names if listed Thanks Jan Bode...

Need Look up on a Marriage License in Sumter Co., AL Posted on: 14 Aug 2009, by  janbodenheime...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Sumter

Need information on a Lockey Sheffield and a Emma Quimby married in Sumter Co., Al on March 30, 1858 performed by Jesse B. Thorne. Would like to know their ages. And parents names if listed Thanks Jan Bode...

Thomas Sowell Posted on: 29 Nov 2000, by  lindhark

Surnames > Sowell

...1630 in VA d. bef April 1, 1707 in Chowan Precint, NC Married: Sarah ? Children: Thomas, Charles, Quimby and John Charles Sowell b abt 1652 in Albermarle, VA d. Nov. 25, 1738 Bertie, NC Married: Mar...

Re: Grace A. Taylor Booher PA Posted on: 18 Jan 2010, by  jgraham84_1

Surnames > Booher

...New Castle. I just viewed a record that had Grace Taylor as a stepchild to my Great-Great grandparents(Quimby and Laura Graham). My great grandparents also have a child on record as Geo W Conzett. I hope th...

ELIJAH LABAR (1809-1888), NY Posted on: 04 Dec 2000, by  nebraskajack

Surnames > Labar

...Jacksonville, Tompkins Co., NY d. 25 Jan 1925 Tompkins Co., NY? [daughter of Joseph Iredell and Letitia Quimby] 3 Allen E. Labar b. 28 Jul 1860 Tompkins Co., NY d. 22 Mar 1938 Tompkins Co., NY m. Laura Welc...

Charles M. Lindsey Posted on: 31 Dec 2004, by  KateThomasNY

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Walla Walla

...Vet. Shown in the FamilySearch (LDS) Individual Genealogical Index as having been married to Parthena Quimby on 7/5/1882 in Walla Walla.

William Duane Quimby (1922 - 1993) Posted on: 03 Jan 2010, by  FlorenceNews

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Florence

Oregonian, The (Portland, OR) - April 7, 1993 Deceased Name: WILLIAM DUANE QUIMBY A funeral for William Duane Quimby, who died Thursday in an automobile accident on Interstate 84 near Corbett, will be 10 a.m. We...

BOOK: Quimby Centennial 1887-1987 Posted on: 09 Dec 2009, by  kathy3643

Topics > Found Family Heirlooms

This book was produced in honor of the centennial celebration of the city of Quimby, Iowa, in 1987. It contains a history of the city from its incorporation in 1887 as well as war records, cemetery records,...

Re: Need To Locate Descendants of Walter Lamar Smith, Sr Posted on: 28 Dec 2009, by  heavenboundfa...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Jones

Do you know if any of your Smith's are connected to Elihu Smith and Milly Quimby in Ms.?

Re: Free Lookups in 1944 Essex County Phone Directory & 1870 Orange City Directory Posted on: 09 Jan 2010, by  Paul McGreevy

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Essex

...these "J" Murphy listings, all in W.O.: J.A. at 4 Elm St. J.B. at 17 Beaumont Tr. J.D. at 55 Quimby Pl. For William, all I could find was W.C. Murphy at 705 Marion Ave., Orange. I hope at least ...

Re: Graham Family in Western Pa. Posted on: 18 Jan 2010, by  lynnenuibe

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Mercer

It seems to me that it is possible that your great-grandfather used several names: Quimby, Quimbas, Hugh, and the R middle name may have been Raymond. Maybe that will help you in looking for him before 190...

Alexander Hogg Posted on: 29 Nov 2000, by  MaryCBrown20

Surnames > Hogg

...wonder if Mary Atwood was a widow whose maiden name was Church, The 2nd Alexander Hogg Married Patience Quimby and changed his name to Church by VT Legislature. Other descendents of 1st Alexander might have...

ADAMS, Agnes Elizabeth (Carter) Posted on: 27 Sep 2009, by  Lhendri479

Topics > Obituaries (2)

STARKS, ME -- Agnes "Aggie" Elizabeth Adams, 89, died Friday, Sept. 25, 2009, at Woodlawn Rehabilitation & Nursing Center in Skowhegan. She was born June 4, 1920, in Livermore, a daugh...

Re: Quimbys. Help me please find my family. Posted on: 19 Oct 2009, by  AQuimby13

Surnames > Quimby

HI, I need an area where you now live and approxmate age of self to help. Probably can connect you. Try Quimby Central also.

Re: searching for my mother Posted on: 29 Sep 2009, by  kaycebarber78...

Topics > Lost Family & Friends > Unknown

Hi, my name is kayce i knew your family i recently have been trying to find them last time i seen leslie she had my god daughter... have you found them... feel free to e mail me kayce.barber789@yahoo....

searching for my mother Alfreda QUIMBY Posted on: 07 Sep 2000, by April Hall

Topics > Lost Family & Friends > Unknown

Mothers name is Alfreda Quimby havent seen her in 10yrs im 19 yrs old last address was Sunny ave Dayton oh 45410 Please e mail me if any information on her were abouts.

Re: Plumsteads in New York Posted on: 27 Oct 2009, by  treatst

Surnames > Plumstead

I have a copy of Nathaniel Plumtsed Revolutionary War papers. It states he married Sarah Quimby and they had four children.Robert born 28,Feb,1779, Rachel born 5,Aug 1781 Married John Rhoads Sarah born 24,...

OBERT, Philip J "Zeek" Posted on: 22 Oct 2009, by  Lhendri479

Topics > Obituaries (2)

...Middleburg, Fla.; four brothers, Harold, Gordon, David and Robert all of Norridgewock; a sister, Muriel Quimby, also of Norridgewock; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews. ...

Obit of Lester M. Rabb Posted on: 01 Oct 2009, by  wcr1951_1

Surnames > Rabb

Pine Bluff Commercial Pine Bluff, AR September 22, 2009 LESTER RABB MONTICELLO — Lester M. Rabb, age 80, of Monticello, passed away Monday, Sept. 21, 2009, at the Arkansas Heart Hospital in Little...

Hall Family of VA & Elsewhere Posted on: 10 Oct 2009, by  olclarke

Surnames > Hall

Need info on these Hall's. 1. ? b abt 1830 in Caroline Co Va marr Sarah Chinault. Need his name & his parents & siblings. Sarah was the dau of George Chinault & Sarah. Also need children f...

Re: Daniel Quimby and Sarah B. Carbee of Bath, Grafton Co., N.H. Posted on: 28 Sep 2009, by  tiltonh

Surnames > Quimby

Dee McNiel (DM2search@aol.com) is a valuable source of the Quimby family. She has helped me with my NH Quimby's and has many tree's and twigs in the NH area Howard G. Tilton Jr.

Re: Daniel Quimby and Sarah B. Carbee of Bath, Grafton Co., N.H. Posted on: 29 Sep 2009, by  jeanmayo1053

Surnames > Quimby

Howard, I have just been in touch with Dee and she has graciously shared her information on the entire Quimby line that I am researching for a friend. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to poi...

Re: David Quimby Family Of Bedford, New Hampshire Posted on: 08 Oct 2009, by  jaj523

Surnames > Quimby

Please advise about the Quimby book. Is it still possible to purchase a copy? I am searching for information about Sarah Quimby who married David M. Vance, Jr. They were born and married in the 1700s. I am de...

Charles M., Civil War vet. & son, Loazal of Oregon/Wash. Posted on: 20 Sep 2009, by  KMT_Thomas

Surnames > Lindsey

...State Territorial Census in Walla Walla, the son of Thontinia (Should be Parthena) Lindsay. Parthena Quimby Lindsay/Lindsey/Linsey is also shown there with family members; Maria, Homer & Benj. Quimby. The f...

MCCLEEREY, EVELYN F. (BENNETT) March 22, 1922 - August 16, 2009 Posted on: 04 Sep 2009, by  Marthann Kohl...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Crawford

...at the St. Paul's United Methodist Church in Cherokee. Rev. Magrey deVega officiated. Burial in the Quimby Cemetery. There will be a family prayer service at 10:15 a.m. at the church on Friday. Visitation w...

Re: TOWLE Posted on: 01 Sep 2009, by  AQuimby13

Localities > North America > Canada > Québec > Estrie > Stanstead [Municipalité]

I am in search of records of John Quimby and Ann Robie Towle Quimby Varnum. Please reply, I am a descendent. I have most important papers, but have a need for more in this family grouping. Arlene

LUCE, Judith A Posted on: 25 Aug 2009, by  Lhendri479

Topics > Obituaries (2)

...family of Clinton, and Tara Hamlin her husband, Randy, and family of Strong; and special friends, Connie Quimby and Mary Andrews. She was predeceased by ...

GIBERSON, Edella R "Della" (Murphy) Luce Posted on: 24 Aug 2009, by  Lhendri479

Topics > Obituaries (2)

...graduated from Thomas College in Waterville with a business degree. Della worked in the office at Allen Quimby Veneer Mill in Bingham for 32 years and was also employed for 10 years by Catholic Charities of...

NORTHRUP, Jay E Posted on: 21 Aug 2009, by  Lhendri479

Topics > Obituaries (2)

...was born March 18, 1927, in Worcester, Mass., the son of Jay and Mildred (Judd) Northup. Jay worked at Quimby Veneer Mill in Bingham for 28 years and also worked as a scaler for various woods operations, in...

Re: Need Look up on a Marriage License in Sumter Co., AL Posted on: 23 Aug 2009, by  Peachie57

...LDS: Lockey Sheffield was born 1835 North Carolina. He married in 1858, make him 23 years old. Emma Quimby born 1838, make her 20 years old. I found 1850 census for Lockey Sheffield living in North Carolin...

Re: Public Cemeteries of Sumter County Posted on: 14 Aug 2009, by  janbodenheime...

...on a Locky Sheffield that is buried in Siloam. He died 9-9-1909 in Sumter Co., AL and his wife Emily Quimby. She died 9-7-1879 in Sumter Co., AL

Re: Eliphalet Posted on: 09 Aug 2009, by  rfb78

Surnames > Quimby

To Quimby of Athens ME descendants: Does anyone know how Peter Quimby of Athens Maine in 1820, then Sangerville, and finally Hartland in the 1850 Census relates to the other Quimbys on this board? His wife was L...

Julius Ashley "Ash" Cotten -- Unity Baptist Church Cemetery Posted on: 29 Apr 2010, by  CopiahCoordin...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Copiah

...Tyler Cotten and Andrew Dylan Cotten; daughter, Ella Kate Cotten; brother, Cosby Burnet; sister, Annie Quimby; maternal grandfather, Julius W. Cotten; father and mother-in-law, Harroll & Martha Rials; a...

John Hannaford -- of NH Posted on: 16 Jul 2000, by  CHannaford482...

Surnames > Hannaford

I am showing generations through my branch of the Hannaford tree. Roots go back to New Hampshire, but spread to Ohio, and Illinois. I have yet to find the original immigrant and the ancestory of John ...

Sarah Hanson and Samuel Gould: Confusion Posted on: 03 May 2010, by  wodowd

Surnames > Hanson

I have been recently looking at the Hanson family of New Hampshire and noticed that several online genealogies had conflicting records. This is not unusual, but several gave references (mainly to seco...

Re: Sewall Genealogy Vol. II In Progress Posted on: 21 Feb 2010, by  CliffWilson34

Surnames > Sewell

My research on the Mary Quimby / Isaac Sowell family indicates based on the 1800 census that there may have been a fourth daughter born between 1774-1783 - if so your Celia would fit John I assume her first...

Re: Fentons Posted on: 27 Apr 2010, by  lindalinn38

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > DeKalb

...research on Civil War veterans in Iowa. There is a Merritt Fenton listed as a Civil War Veteran in Quimby. Below is his CW info. I would like to know where he is buried. I believe that his wfie's name w...

Charles C., Samuel F. Clark Posted on: 11 May 2010, by  Kerry Clark

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Hampshire > Counties > Merrimack

...and Samuel F. Clark, born 9 May 1835 in New Hampshire. Parents were Daniel Dudley Clark and Lydia Jane Quimby. I have been unable to verify any info on Charles after 1850, and would like to find out how an...

Re: Ervin Jackson Posted on: 02 Feb 2010, by  lonestar357

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Williamson

I am looking for the parents of Samuel B. Jackson. Sam's descendants are well documented, but his parents are STILL unknown. Family oral history states that he had a BROTHER, named Ervin Jackson, nic...

Re: Martha Ann Maddox m. Samuel Shapleigh, Eliot, ME, 1852 Posted on: 19 Mar 2010, by  agarywebster

Surnames > Maddox

...Shapleigh,and William Shapleigh in that order. Jeremiah Paul was Mary Leavitt Paul's father and Rebecca Quimby was her mother. By Mary Ann Lovewell Levi had Roscoe G., Joseph Levy, and Fannie Shapleigh. He...

Look ups Posted on: 08 Mar 2010, by  cly462

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Wayne

I'm searching for a volunteer in Wayne Co. who is willing to do look-ups & make copies of documents. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you, Bonnie

Edward Daniel Gilman, age 81,son of the late Edward and Toni Gilman, Posted on: 16 May 2010, by  KENNELLYMARKA

Surnames > Gilman

...daughters, Virginia Grubbs (Don) and Susan "Blaze" Gilman of Missouri; and a sister, Clair Quimby (Ralph) of Florida. Preceded in death by two brothers, Alcide and Wilford Gilman. Friends are invi...

Re: Cecil Cornwell Posted on: 24 Feb 2010, by  CindyMcC

Surnames > Cornwell

...Comanche Co, TX Census 4 Apr 1930 Comanche Co, TX Father John Wesley Hendrix (1850-1933) Mother Mary Quimby McKinnish (1850- ) Children M Elton "Jack" Cornwell Birth 27 Jan 1908 TX Census 30 Apr ...

Stromback, Lillian (obituary 2010) Posted on: 22 May 2010, by  Tobeck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Pine

Published in the Pine City Pioneer, Pine City, MN May 20, 2010 Lil Stromback of Mora, died on Sunday, May 9, 2010 at Quiet Oaks Hospice in St. Augusta, Minnesota. She was 68 years old. Lil was born...

Charles C. and Samuel F. Clark from Concord Posted on: 13 May 2010, by  Kerry Clark

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Hampshire > Counties > Hillsborough

...and Samuel F. Clark, born 9 May 1835 in New Hampshire. Parents were Daniel Dudley Clark and Lydia Jane Quimby. I have been unable to verify any info on Charles after 1850, and would like to find out how an...

Daniel Quimby - Kingston New Hampshire Posted on: 06 May 2010, by  Kelly Green

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Hampshire > Counties > Rockingham

...figure this out, hope someone can help me. I see in the Kingston vital record book - list a Daniel Quimby (Daniel son of Tristrom Quimby & Susanna Brisdell) married a Abigail Hubbard in 1782 and list three c...

Re: African Posted on: 08 Apr 2010, by  Monica Primus

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Tuscaloosa

Sorry, that I can't help with the topic..."Looking for slave owners with surname MONTGOMERY & any slave records" but here below is some information that you "might" not have. ...

Martha Ann Vick Young c1882 Clarke Co Ms c 1880-1900 Posted on: 19 May 2010, by  thlbill

Surnames > Vick

...info on parents of Martha Ann Vick Young b c1882 possibly in or area of Clarke Co Ms md Bennett Jonas Quimby Jr 1898 in Clarke Co Ms. Aka Mattie, she died before 1903. In 1900 Ben and Mattie were living in ...

Re: King/Stell Warrenty Deed - 1831 - Georgia Posted on: 14 May 2010, by  ThomasKing535...

Surnames > King

...Gwinnett Co.,Ga married Sarah King........One of his son's was John Wesley Stell.Another son was Dennis Quimby Stell.

per page