Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "mac" - 24,539 Messages

per page

Re: James Marsh / Angeline Conner Posted on: 25 Apr 2013, by  Tanya Marsh

Surnames > Marsh

...of information about James and his children. I'd be happy to share. My email address is tdmarsh at mac.com

Re: Danish Translation? Posted on: 22 May 2013, by  Lori Alexande...

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Denmark > General

...http://userdoc.ancestry.com/userdocstore/download.ashx?fileid=e74f9b00-32eb-43a2-aec9-f0cc298a57f1&mac=8D024D54D22CC000000vQGD9S1hwAw=.boards The message won't post with the file...

Re: Family Tree Maker with large databases Posted on: 29 Mar 2013, by  ginglish1

Topics > Genealogy Software > Family Tree Maker software

You may get more accurate answers for your situation though from the FTM for MAC specific message board at: http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.software.ftmmac/mb.ashx

Re: Family Tree Maker file won't open Posted on: 26 Apr 2013, by  Philly1978

...want it back and once I do, I plan on taking advantage of the mitigation utility so I can move it to a Mac since I am unimpressed with PCs ...

Origins of the name McHone Posted on: 15 Jun 2013, by  beagle_boyz

Surnames > McHone

...now may be a variant of the name as it was originally in Ireland or Scotland. "Mc" or "Mac" used in Scotch or Irish means either "the son of" or "from the clan of.&quo...

Re: THUNDER surname of Meath and Dublin Posted on: 26 Jun 2013, by  rianomaolchon...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Meath > General

...too. If you Google "Chronicle of Ireland" I think this document was carried by our family. Mac Con Meadhe, poet to the Uí Néill was a relative from around 800. Mac Con Meadhe is referred...

Re: William Rose Posted on: 01 Jun 2013, by  Susanb1098

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Dickenson

...This Wm. G. Rose did become a Union prisoner during the CW. Wm. G. was indeed the son of John Mac Rose and brother of Elias Jackson Rose. If your gr-grandmother was Lovina, the dau of Elias Jacks...

Re: Archer's in Tacoma Posted on: 19 Jul 2013, by  klutzykeeli

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Pierce

...Scheuber. I have always known his mothers name but his father was always known in the family as "Mac." I know that Mary was also from Chehalis and they did have two daughters however neither wa...

Thomas Jefferson SMITH Obituary - 1929 Posted on: 14 May 2013, by  Debbie Dicken

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Taylor

The News-Journal, August 29, 1929 Thomas Jefferson Smith, who for years has been one of the best known stock traders and tobacco buyers in central Kentucky, died at his home on Court Street in this ci...

Re: Viviano - Macaroni - St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Carnegie Posted on: 06 Jun 2013, by  toniharts

Surnames > Viviano

...the 5 viviano's that opened up the Chicago Macaroni company or better known as the Viviano Brothers Mac.Co. My father was Gaetano P. who invented "Tiny's Baby Macaroni" (Pastina) when I was bo...

Edwin H. MacKenzie (1948-2013) Obituary Posted on: 07 May 2013, by  AMHhenley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Idaho > Counties > Caribou

...brother, Scott (Kathy) MacKenzie; six children, Alana (Levi) Love, Douglas Johnson, Tammy Johnson, Teri (Mac)McDonald, Jaycene (Layne)Coombs and Robert Johnson, numerous grandchildren and two very close ...

Re: Required fields Posted on: 22 May 2013, by  katerimmer

Ancestry World Archives Project > Canada Records

Sounds like some kind of glitch. You aren't using the Mac keying tool yourself, are you? I don't know whether people use it for reviewing?

MOORE Joe Mac 1939 1972 Posted on: 01 Jul 2013, by  t42Laureland

Surnames > Moore

MOORE Joe Mac 1939 1972 a wonderful husband DaveStrickland photographed this persons tombstone in the Laureland Cemetery (Laurel Land), Dallas Co., Texas. Feel free to use this...

Edmund McClendon Roberson or Robinson Posted on: 24 Apr 1999, by Dr. David Thomas Webb

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Taylor

...(3.) Did he also go by the name of Robinson as well as Roberson; and he used as a given name the name Mac? I notice on his daughter's grave at Benevolence that her maiden is spelled Robinson. His daughte...

Re: Earl Moon Posted on: 27 May 2013, by  nanablue2007

Surnames > Moon

...Josephine Duffy 26 Thomas Duffy 8 Thomas Mc Hugh 45 Mary Mc Hugh 14 going back to id Mae Name: Mac Dougher [Mae] Age in 1910: 10 Birth Year: abt 1900 [1900] Birthplace: Pennsylvania Home i...

Re: stalec Posted on: 25 May 2013, by  marksabol21

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > General

The surname occurs today in southern Poland spelled as you have it. It is probably derived from the word for steady, permanent. This map shows its distribution today: http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/k...

MORAN Posted on: 17 Mar 2013, by  helperone

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Mayo > General

...the Lancashire census his wife is listed as Ellen. Daughter Selina born 1876, mother is listed as Mary Mac Namara.??? Hope someone out there might know of this family.

Louis Mathieu Lamanque, Can Posted on: 14 Feb 2001, by  MKohl1873

Surnames > Mathieu

...wifes parents, and if there are more children. I have lots of Mathieu information. email me at Koh.@mac.com

mac mcfarland Posted on: 15 Feb 2001, by diana pierce

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Unknown

i knew a mac mcfarland in south bend, in. i know he had some kids that were born around that time, they were neighbors but i dont know if mac was a first name or nick name

Re: NEW MAC 2 Version PROGRAM CRASHES CONSISTENTLY Posted on: 08 Apr 2013, by  daciodan

Topics > Genealogy Software > Family Tree Maker software (Mac)

...An Apple tech can explain to you why the intro of a software program or updates to it, can make your Mac crash, it happens. No big deal, it's an easy fix.

Bright Family of Butler/Alleghany Counties Posted on: 07 May 2013, by  Teekeebee

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Allegheny

...something of that sort ? I do remember that there were one heck of a lot of names starting with Mc or MaC or some such last names and was in awe that all those people were related to us somehow.

Donald McKivett Posted on: 28 Jun 2013, by  Contribution

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Lucas

...also preceded in death by his two brothers, Kevin and Evan. He is survived by his sisters, Diane L. Mac Donald (Sturgeon Bay, WI), Denise M. Noboa, (Durham, NC); niece, Kathryn Rose Mac Donald, (Creedmoor,...

Re: Hubert Marshall's shoe store in Charleville Posted on: 02 May 2013, by  look2c

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Queensland > South West Region

...1934 flood. Picture Queensland has many more photos of Charleville. You may get lucky. Cheers, Alan Mac. EDIT:- TROVE has an article from the "Charleville Times". 17th Nov., 1939 of a marria...

Re: Alexander McMaster, Dumfries Scotland Posted on: 08 Jul 2013, by  vtandrew_1

Surnames > McMaster

...large file of McMaster births for Dumfries and Kirkcudbright if you want to email me at vtandrew at mac d0t com

Re: Tired of Junk software! Posted on: 18 Mar 2013, by  tony_knight

...dialogue box. 2. Could not compact. 3. Could not export a gedcom. 4. Could not sort spouses. Etc The Mac version is worse than the Windows version where 2-4 were not a problem. Fine featured program but...

Re: Tired of Junk software! Posted on: 14 Mar 2013, by  photowildlife...

Yes I migrated from a pc to a mac. Why I bothered to purchase ftm software again is beyond me. Their software didn't work very well on the pc either but I liked the fact that with this software I was su...

Re: GEDCOM download changes wives last names from maiden to married name Posted on: 30 Apr 2013, by  Olson_Randall...

Topics > Genealogy Software > General

...made me wonder if this problem may have something to do with the fact that I don't have a PC. I have a Mac. Could that for some reason be the problem?

Baptism Records of St. George's Anglican Church Posted on: 16 Apr 2013, by  thomasamurray...

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > Saint John

Thanks, Suzanne. That does work. I have similar problems such as when I switches from a PC to a MAC and cannot access several web sites to update them or amend them. Such are the wonders of modern techno...

Re: ROWDEN Family: c1700 Kent, ENG > VA, TN, IL & MO, USA Posted on: 04 May 2013, by  boxmommy

Surnames > Rowden

If you haven't completed your lineage back to John Rowden, I can fill in the pieces: Charlie Mac Rowden & Amy Mildred Cripps James Shadrack Rowden & Anne Frances Palmer Robert Sherman Rowden &...

Re: Lige Washington Molder Posted on: 18 Mar 2013, by  judydee87

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Mississippi

My grandfather was Mac Molder. I know he was born in Arkansas and came from a large family. He died in 1959 from cancer, and I don't know too much about his family. He married Alta Rowland in Greenville,...

Re: Is there a way to check a FTM 2012 file for errors. Posted on: 16 May 2013, by  barbarajfn

...useful; but I keep having this nagging feeling there was also something else.. Will have to try the mac one; I did have it on my mac long ago but am pretty much windows now; but I do have a mac and will try it

Query Posted on: 23 Mar 1999, by Penny Miller

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Daviess

...DAVIESS COUNTY, IN. His wife was EDNA MARIE WILLIAMS,born in PIKE COUNTY. Walter had a brother named MAC CHAMBERS and a sister. Walter and Edna lived in Elnora and he was a railroader, nicknamed "DI...

Re: Find family Posted on: 12 Mar 2013, by  srgdc

Surnames > Payne

...doesn't want to talk or what happened. I want to reconnect with my family. I can be emailed at srgdc (at) mac (dot) com. would love to reconnect. :)

Re: Script Errors in FTM 2012 Posted on: 18 Mar 2013, by  Sean Franklin

I was curious about this, I switched to FTM Mac a few months ago but still own FTM2012 so I installed it on my Windows 7 laptop, searched a few public trees & public member photos & stories in We...

Re: Richardson and Burton Families Posted on: 10 Mar 2013, by  merrell124

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Grant

...Charles Wright & Lucy Benson family. If anyone is interested, please contact me via email. Thanks. Mac merrellmc@gmail.com

Re: Help with reading birth record. Posted on: 18 Mar 2013, by  JOBaouab

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Sweden > General

...Swenson Center. http://www.augustana.edu/x14886.xml These are directions which should work on any Mac. Practice and it should make sense. Using any Macintosh: å = Hold down the Option key and t...

Any Coyle's from Ireland out there? Name Origin Posted on: 14 Feb 2001, by Brian Coyle

Surnames > Coyle

Coyle is an anglication of Mac Giolla Comhghaill meaning either 'son of the devotee/follower of St. Comall' or 'son of the bright lad Comall' the name of a medieval sept based in Co. Donegal with an offs...

Re: cemeteries in Townsville Posted on: 28 Mar 2013, by  look2c

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Queensland > Far North Region

...OCCURED". I have some photos. Please let me know how you would like them sent. Cheers, Alan Mac.

Re: FTM on Mac and PC? Posted on: 13 Mar 2013, by  barbarajfn

...albeit a two way window into ancestry. The desktop (or laptop) application Family Tree Maker for either Mac or PC is a much more full featured program with a complicated sync process that is not working ...

Re: Family Name - ALLAN Posted on: 19 Mar 2013, by  Allanr48

Surnames > Allan

...Genealogy. The name Allan does connect to the Gaelic word for a rock, and also takes us to Clan Ranald Mac Donald as well as MacFarlane. Mention is also made of "MacAllan". The name is also t...

PEGGY SUE BROWN McEUEN --2013 Posted on: 11 Apr 2013, by  Ken_Gilkey

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Caldwell

...1960, Peggy taught Sunday School, Training Union and Girls in Action (GAs) and was fondly known as “Mama Mac” to her students. She sang in the sanctuary choir, served on several church committees and he...

Re: FTM 2012: Error Message "Not enough space on drive" with attempt to restore file in Windows 7 Parallels VM on Mac OS Lion Posted on: 05 Apr 2013, by  Sean Franklin

...forum or to help out family members who use the Windows version. However my personal tree is in FTM Mac 2, which after the most recent updates has "almost" every feature from FTM2012 and even ...

Re: Importing from Ancestry.com to Reunion question Posted on: 29 Mar 2013, by  ChristmanR

Topics > Genealogy Software > Reunion software

This is an old thread and I hope someone is still watching. To export from Reunion 8.06 on a Mac to Ancestry, I created a GEDCOM and transferred it to Ancestry. No problems on the surface. My tree is ...

Re: Airbles Cemetery, Motherwell, Scotland Posted on: 20 Mar 2013, by  norahglaus

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...in Boksburg South Africa - she was a spinster and came over to South Africa with my grandmother Katie Mac Dougall in 1906, I presume as a chaperon. She lived with my grandparents after they married but ...

Re: McFetridge in St. Paul MN from Scotland Posted on: 22 Mar 2013, by  slearmonth47

Surnames > McFetridge

...Scottish origin. It is my maiden name and translates from Scots Gaelic as the Son of Peter, i.e. Peterson, Mac or Mc being son of, Fetridge, being a corruption of Pedries, Latin for Peter. There is no di...

Re: Lost sister and relatives from WV Posted on: 24 Apr 2013, by  babystormfire

Surnames > Waugh

...also working on this line. also, if anyone can email me an address or phone number for Uncle Johnny Mac I'd really appreciate it... thank you. Jenna - babystormfire@yahoo.com

Re: Crash because large file? Posted on: 01 Apr 2013, by  Sean Franklin

...might as well work with it without syncing and see if the performance is adequate. The other major Mac solution is Reunion, which is even more expensive and may not really work any better with that much...

Re: M. D. Heidelberg Posted on: 22 Apr 2013, by  dksmith111200...

Surnames > Heidelberg

...She was born to Harriett Matilda Raley in 1850. I also noticed that Harriett Raley was living with Mac Heidelberg in the 1850 Census. Mac was the father of Middleton. I'm not sure if Harriett was living ...

McWILLIAMS Gerald W. 1920-2013 Springfield, Ohio Posted on: 23 Mar 2013, by  Contribution

Surnames > McWilliams

McWILLIAMS, Gerald W. "Mac" 92, of Springfield, Ohio passed away peacefully on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 in his residence. He was born in Urbana, Ohio on August 24, 1920, the son of LeRoy and M...

Re: cemetries in Townsville Posted on: 17 Mar 2013, by  look2c

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Queensland > Far North Region

...promise when, but will do my best to get to the cemetery in the next couple of weeks. Cheers, Alan Mac.

per page