Search the Boards

Search Results for "Pistorius" - 127 Messages

per page

Re: William Walsh Posted on: 20 Jun 2009, by  HobaughKriley

Surnames > Walsh

Hello, My grandfather was Clarance Augustine Walsh, He was married to Bertha Killmeyer from Buter, PA. I have been unable to find any information except that my grandfathers name was Augustine (not s...

Re: Pastorius/Pistorius family Posted on: 28 Sep 2009, by  LynnPastorius

Surnames > Pastorius

So strange that you request Pastorius and Pistorius. I have understood that our surname was changed from Pistorius to Pastorius. My grandfather was Fredrick Rudolf Pastorius. He was an only child.

Re: Pistorius/Carrick Posted on: 16 Mar 2010, by  tcbrown105

Surnames > Pistorius

My mother was the daughter of Michael Pistorius whose wife was Cecilia. They had two children: Henry (b. 1909) and Elizabeth (b. 1910) They lived in Carrick, Pittsburgh, PA. Michael was born in Pennsylva...

Pistorius - South Africa, Germany, Netherlands Posted on: 09 Sep 2010, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

The Southern African Pistorius line comes from a single emigrant from Tondorf, Germany - Friedrich Heinrich Pistorius (1789-1863). He married Frederika Augusta Bernhardina von Landsberg and had 5 sons. His parents were...

Re: Pastorius/Pistorius family Posted on: 13 Jan 2011, by  jdjduran

Surnames > Pastorius

...also called by the name of Fritz? And was he bor in 1899? My great great grandfather was Philip Jacob Pistorius who had a brother named Ferdinand L. Pistorius who had a son named Frederick. In my great grandfathers B...

Re: Pistorius/Carrick Posted on: 15 Jan 2011, by  lincoln5775

Surnames > Pistorius

Hi, I think I have your family in my tree (which is wider than it is tall...) Michael J Pistorius' parents were Michael and Sophia Pistorius, I dont know maiden name of Sophia... I know this because your Michael was ...

Re: pistorius Posted on: 17 Jan 2011, by  jdjduran

Surnames > Pistorius

...some of the info you have on this. My grandfathers bible says that his nephews changed their name from Pistorius to Pastorius. They were also in Wisconsin and Colorado.

Re: pistorius Posted on: 28 Jan 2011, by  ROS_BURKE

Surnames > Pistorius

I am researching the Pistorius line in Australia. I have a Friedrich William (or Wilhelm) PISTORIUS who married Maria Rosanna FRANKLIN in 1859 in Maryborough QLD. She died in 1875 and was a widow by then. I cannot find...

Re: Pistorius/Carrick Posted on: 02 Apr 2011, by  jp16646

Surnames > Pistorius

I have a great deal of information about a Mathew and Sophie Pistorius family. Many were residents of Carrick. Michael Pistorius Sr. married Anna Engle. They brought Mathew (my great grand dad), Michael, George, Pete...

Surnames > Pistorius

I have a lot of info on this family. Are you Clayton or Vickie? My records go back several generations. Michael was my grand dad's brother. Their Dad was Mathew (1863-1899) Their mom was Sophie. B...

Re: Family History Posted on: 02 Apr 2011, by  jp16646

Surnames > Pistorius

I've read the history of the preacher who was burned at the stake in the Hague. Can you supply and connections between then and now?

Surnames > Pistorius

I realize that this is a long shot being 11 years later. Michael Pistorius and Enmma Theobald brought Catherine, James and William into the world. Prior to being married to Emma, Michael was married to Dorot...

Re: pistorius Posted on: 02 Apr 2011, by  jp16646

Surnames > Pistorius

I realize this is a long shot being 4 years later. I'm John Henry : Pistorius and I'm interested in Pistorius family information. We have a Michael Sr. who was married to Anna Engle. They had 11 children: Mathew, Mic...

Re: Family History Posted on: 02 Apr 2011, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

I hope this finds you. I am from the South African Pistorius family that emigrated from Germany in the 1840's, and we also trace our roots back to John (the bakker) and Johannes the Elder. I have been updating...

Re: Family History Posted on: 19 Apr 2011, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

Not yet to the American side of the Pistorius family. I think I have the correct link to the South African side. Mary

Re: werle family-WI UPDATE Posted on: 04 Aug 2011, by  inselpfarrer

Surnames > Werle

...Michael MAMPEL *06. Oct. 1798 Kirchheim / Heidelberg + abt. 1853 Milwaukee Margaretha PISTORIUS *03. Feb. 1815 München 7 children source: Familienbuch Kirchheim by B. / W. Helmus Nr....

Re: Neuer, john b.1850's Wi,CA Posted on: 04 Aug 2011, by  inselpfarrer

Surnames > Neuer

...1865 USA STARK, Valentin More about ancestors MAMPEL, Georg Michael and famly in USA (GUDEX, WERLE, PISTORIUS) in Familienbuch Kirchheim by Brigitte + Werner Helmus

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI Posted on: 04 Aug 2011, by  inselpfarrer

Surnames > Pistorius

Hallo John, In the familybook Kirchheim bei Heidelberg Nr. 1621 is Margaretha Pistorius *03. Feb. 1815 Munick listed. She emigrated with husband Georg Michael and several children. Nr. 1798 has Jakob Pistorius (carpe...

Re: Germany - Rosa Mampel, Family Posted on: 04 Aug 2011, by  inselpfarrer

Surnames > Mampel

...+ 06. Dec. 1912 perhaps Rosian = Rosa ? She is the daughter of Georg Michael MAMPEL and Margaretha PISTORIUS She married about 1850 in Milwaukee Louis MEYER source: Familienbuch Kirchheim by Helmus

PISTORIUS, Joseph,&. Emily,. Posted on: 05 Sep 2011, by  KENNELLYMARKA

Surnames > Pistorius

...25 Carrick Ave, Pgh, PA 15210. ********************************************************* PISTORIUS, Joseph, 1857-1929, Father, Section 4 ........................................................... ...

Re: Pistorius/Carrick Posted on: 14 Oct 2011, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

I know this is old but you may still be there! I am researching the Pistorius family, and seem to have my Michaels and Matthews mixed up! I have Michael J Pistorius (1865) married to Emma and Dorothea, as a son of Mich...

Re: Pistorius/Carrick Posted on: 14 Oct 2011, by  jp16646

Surnames > Pistorius

...them. Then we have a Michael from a sibling of Michael Jr. I'll have to get back to you on it. John Pistorius, son of Norman, Harry (Mex), Mathew, Michael

Re: Germany - Rosa Mampel, Family Posted on: 30 Oct 2011, by  KlausMeyer27

Surnames > Mampel

...Nr. 1618 you get Johann Peter MAMPEL oo K.C.Andreas 11 children In Nr. 1621 Georg Michael MAMPEL oo M. Pistorius 7 children, e.g.: Eva Rosina *11.12.1827 Kirchheim + Berlin/USA [Why do you think, she returned...

Re: Family History Posted on: 07 Nov 2011, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

I have your family going back to Peter William Pistorus (1887-1970) but no further. Do you have any more information? Mary Pistorius Rudd

Re: Family History Posted on: 07 Nov 2011, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

...unconfirmed connection to Johann (the Elder) (Johannes Niddanus d. Ä.) via my direct ancestor Andreas Pistorius. Mary Pistorius Rudd

Re: Pistorius/Carrick Posted on: 07 Nov 2011, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

I think I have the timeline correct back to Johann Pistorius the elder and his father Johann de Bakker (Pistorius). Do you still need the information? Mary Pistorius Rudd

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI Posted on: 12 Nov 2011, by  kestro2

Surnames > Pistorius

Jakob Pistorius and Johanna Ziegelbauer also had daughters Eva Rosina b. May 9, 1812 in Kirchheim and Maria Joanna b. December 2, 1813, also in Kirchheim in addition to their daughter Margaretha. Kate

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI, -children Posted on: 12 Nov 2011, by  KlausMeyer27

Surnames > Pistorius

Thats an important information, cause the Ortsfamilienbuch Kirchheim Nr. 1798 has only Johann Michael and Margaretha and no further information.

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI Posted on: 19 Nov 2011, by  poleminious

Surnames > Pistorius

I am a descendent of a Jacob Pistorius who was born 1863 in Baden, Germany, and lived in Saarbrucken, and Milwaukee. Jacob was preceded in America by his younger brother who feared conscription into the Franco...

Brothers Andrew and August Pistorius from Prussia to CT, USA Posted on: 13 Dec 2011, by  betseycotter

Surnames > Pistorius

Looking for relatives of Augustus Andreas 'Andrew' Pistorius of Orange, CT, USA. I'm related to Andreas Augustus 'August' Pistorius of Meriden, CT. They arrived together 30 May 1855 from Prussia.

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI, -children Posted on: 14 Dec 2011, by  kestro2

Surnames > Pistorius

...and, though Ziegelbauers and Pistoriuses abound, I haven't been able to find anything further on Jakob Pistorius and Johanna Ziegelbauer in the record. All I know, based on an old transcribed family tree my u...

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI Posted on: 14 Dec 2011, by  kestro2

Surnames > Pistorius

Hi Tony, I don't know if this has already been answered for you, but Michael Pistorius of Fountain City, Wisconsin was Johann Michael Pistorius, son of Johan Jakob Pistorius and Johanna Ziegelbauer. Michael came to the US wit...

Re: Surname Posted on: 20 Dec 2011, by  jrd252

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Butler

... This relates to your query of 2005 so may be out of date. Sophia Reese (1865-1949) married Joseph Pistorius (1857-1929). Among their children were Lillie Clara (1887-1914) and Hilda, who both were married t...

Re: Pistorius/Carrick Posted on: 20 Dec 2011, by  jrd252

Surnames > Pistorius

Can you help? I am looking for information about Joseph Pistorius (1857-1929) who married Sophia Reese (1865-1949). They are my great grandparents. Roy Degenhardt

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI Posted on: 27 Jan 2012, by  Andrews_Arlen...

Surnames > Pistorius

Hello, I am the granddaughter of Phillip Jacob Pistorius. My father was Ernest Walter Pistorius. We lived in Oakland, CA. I would be interested in connecting to family. I know nothing of my father's family and unde...

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI Posted on: 16 Feb 2012, by  Andrews_Arlen...

Surnames > Pistorius

I am the granddaughter of Phillip Jacob Pistorius would be happy to hear from relatives. My father was Ernie Pistorius.

Re: Pistorius in Louisiana, esp New Orleans Posted on: 22 Feb 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

...Theresa (Teresa) Fry (Frey), born Jan 1875 in Liverpool, emigrated to America in 1895. She married Joseph Pistorius in 1896 in New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana. According to the 1900 and 1920 census informatio...

Re: Searching for informations Pistorius/ Kiefer / Kirch/Baldauf Posted on: 01 Mar 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Butler

There are a lot of Kirch/Pistorius marriages in Puttlingen, Germany, and I am sure you have them - but I am looking specifically for the ancestors of Henry Joseph Kirch who married Carolina Wilhelmina Hendriet...

Re: genealogy Posted on: 12 Mar 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Bucks

Have you sorted out your query regarding Johann Jacob Pistorius, b 19 May 1778, died 15 oct 1830, married 29 dec 1807 Vasbeck, Waldek, Germany to Maria Elisabeth Gerhard, b 4 mar 1885, d 23 oct 1847 - all in V...

Re: pistorius Posted on: 13 Mar 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

Have you had any success with your Pistorius search. I have quite a few of your family on http://www.myheritage.com/site-129508671/pistorius-rsa-plus. This is my most up-to-date tree and I will only upload onto ancestry once ...

Re: Adam Eshiah Rademeyer Posted on: 13 Mar 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Rademeyer

Adam married into my Pistorius family, and so I would like to know the names, dates and locations of his parents. I am not needing to go any further back or forward as this is the only Rademeyer/Pistorius marriage tha...

Re: Philip & Edna Pistorius - Milwaukee WI Posted on: 13 Mar 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Pistorius

Hi, I am part of the South African Pistorius family, but as both our ancestors came from Germany and the Netherlands I am trying to find our common link, as well as all the Pistorius members! You do not give any dates ...

Re: Perkins family search... Posted on: 13 Mar 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Perkins

Morning Gail, Can't help you with your grandmother (yet! Sorry) but I am collating the Pistorius family. Are you the daughter of Joyce Perkins? Because I do not have your Pistorius connections!!!! Please could you gi...

Re: Last name changed? Germany to USA Posted on: 20 Apr 2012, by  konniq1

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > German Immigrants

...with "Pf" is correct. He is derived Latin of "pistor". (As a humanist name "Pistorius"). It means the "Baker". Originally the monastery baker is probably meant. It gives...

Re: a Michael Pistorius in Fountain City or Milwaukee, WI? Posted on: 01 Jun 2012, by  GaryRRebholz

Surnames > Pistorius

The are notices in Milwaukee's German newspapers in the 1850s requesting help to find a Michael Pistorius. The notices were placed by a Louis Meyer, possibly a relative? Unfortunately, no other biographical in...

Re: Dawdys in Illinois Posted on: 13 Jun 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Dawdy

Morning from South Africa. I am researching my Pistorius family and would like to know how Linda Carol, who lived in Arizona and Illinois, born about 1945, and married to Gene Charles Pistorius, is connected to Archie ...

Re: Illinois Dawdy's Posted on: 13 Jun 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Dawdy

Morning from South Africa. I am researching my Pistorius family and would like to know how Linda Carol, who lived in Arizona and Illinois, born about 1945, and married to Gene Charles Pistorius, is connected to Archie ...

Re: Pastorius family name in Pennsylvania Posted on: 01 Aug 2012, by  sharynbeachbu...

Surnames > Pastorius

I just came across your message. I have a great great grandfather named Michael Pastorius aka Pistorius who lived in "spike town" area of carrick. He had a brother named william who died during the c...

Vogel +Pistorius Posted on: 13 Oct 2012, by  RuddneePistor...

Surnames > Vogel

According to Sterberegister der ev. luth. Gemeinde, Lingen (1873-1875), Siegismund Roderich Pistorius, a son of Johanne Christiane Vogel and Ernst Ferdinand Gottlob Pistorius, died unmarried at the age of 58 years, 8 m...

Re: Jasper Newton Jones-IA/IN/ILL. Posted on: 30 Jan 2013, by  lou_pistorius

Surnames > Jones

...contacting me long a go and sorry I did not see it sooner. My email address is loupistorius1@yahoo.com Lou Pistorius

per page