Search for content in message boards

Pereira, Moraes, Dos Santos, Dos Reis, Conceicao

Replies: 0

Pereira, Moraes, Dos Santos, Dos Reis, Conceicao

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 1:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pereira, Moraes, Dos Santos, Dos Reis, Conceicao
Hello! Looking for any information regarding my great grandfather, Luis Daniel Pereira, born September 30, 1888, on Santo Antao. On immigration paperwork his fathers name is listed as Pedro Carlos dos Reis. I'm wondering if this man is a step-father, as his dad deserted the family and his mom later remarried. My great grandfather married my great grandmother, Maria, born February 19, 1893 on Santo Antao. Maria's full maiden name was said to be Maria Conceicao Moraes, but after her death, the last name "dos Santos" was brought up as a potential family name. On her death certificate, it lists her mother's maiden name as "dos santos" and her fathers last name as Moraes. On her immigration paperwork, her father's name is listed as Luis Jose (or Joao - we are uncertain) de Moraes. Before moving to New bedford, Massachusetts, my great grandparents had 3 children by the names of Mathias Daniel Pereira (b. February 25, 1912), Solteiro Daniel Pereira (b. April 22, 1913), and Maria da Luz Pereira (b. 1914). Any information would be great!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions