Search for content in message boards

Marriage in Alexandria

Replies: 8

Re: Marriage in Alexandria

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 9:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Phil,
I posted a lot of the info about Daniel on the Convict website.
James Leitch and Isabella md Alexandria, information gained from death certificate of James and Isabella's daughter Isabella Harriett Yeo. James was a captain of trading and whaling ships. Isabella's father,Captain David Dawson, also ships captain often took one or more of his daughters with him on his voyages. Both Leitch and Dawson from Scotland. Leitch could very well have been crew member on a Dawson ship before gaining his captaincy or the couple could have met in port. Won't know until research reveals connection. Trying to find marriage registration which is proving difficult. Their children were John Dawson Leitch, sailed to America not heard from again; Mary (my Great Grandmother) md Duncan Lamont in Bathurst, Isabella Harriet md William Yeo, Bathurst. Youngest 3 children, David, Frances and Lucy Leitch, went with mother Isabella when she left James and partnered with Daniel Marley in Victoria where the twins were born. Eldest son went to sea and 2 eldest daughters raised by James' sister, Jane Whitton, in Bathurst. I have a lot of info on these girls, the Leitchs and the Dawsons.If you want this info, let me know.
Regards Maroomba
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maroomba 20 Aug 2008 3:34PM GMT 
hirwin_1 27 Sep 2009 8:37AM GMT 
dzigna 17 Jan 2010 7:51AM GMT 
Phil Carter 12 Jan 2013 5:18AM GMT 
Maroomba 13 Jan 2013 6:43AM GMT 
Phil Carter 20 Jan 2013 12:54PM GMT 
Maroomba 20 Jan 2013 4:11PM GMT 
jkahawai1 20 Apr 2013 12:57PM GMT 
hhowe191 1 May 2013 7:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions