Search for content in message boards

Johannesbury help?

Replies: 1

Johannesbury help?

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am hoping that someone may have more luck finding this guy or his descendants.

He was Born 1930 in Portsmouth, England to
Frederick William Thomas Chamberlain and Ivy Helena Martin.

His Mother appears to have been VERY ill and died in 1939. His father it appears was not much involved with his son.

John Eric was Put on the "Bloemfontein" of the Holland Africa Line on the 30th Apr 1938. He traveled 1st class Aged 8, Alone. His home address being listed as 84A Queens Road, Portsmouth. Headed for Durban South Africa.

I have no idea what happened to him in the intervening years BUT on the 26th May 1957 he attempts to find his father. (from Andrews newspaper index cards) Missing parson column, in which he states,

"CHAMBERLAIN (Frederick William Thomas) Last heard of about 15 years ago in England. Inquirer, Son, John Eric Chamberlain, 33 St Albans Avenue, May Fair, West Johannesburg, South Africa."

So i am hoping that with all this info someone mightbe able to shed some light on what happened to him and/or his descendants. His father went on to have other children who would love to hear from John or any descendants.

Thankyou for any and all efforts made.

Deb x
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Deborah Pater... 5 Dec 2012 8:45PM GMT 
halpark 6 Dec 2012 9:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic