Search for content in message boards

Desperate for info on CHARLES EDWARD SMITH (Beaufort West 1863) MAUD MONA PEARCE (Namaqualand 1892)

Replies: 0

Desperate for info on CHARLES EDWARD SMITH (Beaufort West 1863) MAUD MONA PEARCE (Namaqualand 1892)

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 2:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Dec 2012 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH PEARCE BEYERS
Hello Everyone,

I'm desperately seeking information on parents and grandparents, and even further back, (and any information of interest) for one MAUD or MAUDE MONA PEARCE born about 1892 in Namaqualand, Cape Colony. Also, her husband, CHARLES EDWARD SMITH born about 1863 in Beaufort West.

Don't know when or where he or she died.

Maud Mona may have had siblings: Lilly, Aida, Edward and George.

Maud Mona married Charles Edward Smith born in approx 1863 at Beaufort West (not sure when they were married) but they had 7 children: William Walter, Muriel, Frederick, Charlie Earnest, Lilly, Florence, Albert.

William Walter was born on 11 September 1925 in Stellenbosch. He was born when his father Charles Edward Smith was aged 62 and Maud Mona was aged 33.

I don't know when the other children were born. Any info would be gratefully received.

If it is of any help as a lead, it is rumoured that a brother of Charles Edward Smith was married to the sister of the Governor of the Transvaal - Francois Beyers.

It is said that Charles Edward Smith's parents or grandparents came from Cornwall in England. I would very much like to bridge the link between South Africa an England for this family.

Kind regards, Jonathan.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions