Lillian Lucy Pullen Chalmers-Mary Maria Pullen nee Phillips-Thomas Pullen

Replies: 1

Lillian Lucy Pullen Chalmers-Mary Maria Pullen nee Phillips-Thomas Pullen

Posted: 8 Apr 2002 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Chalmer-Pullen-Phillips
Hi,
Please can someone help me find information on the Chalmers, Pullen Phillip family I have out lined below..
I am looking for information on Mary Maria Pullen (nee Phillips) she was married to Thomas Pullen. They had twin sons Cecil and John Wallace, born 1872, on a farm in Komgha district South Africa..
Cecil and his brother John Wallace travelled to Rhodesia via the Vaal, as scouts, in the Thomas Meikle and Rhodes Trek in 1890.
Cecil Pullen farmed on INDUTSHWA a farm in Insiza just out side Bulawayo.It is also said he had some connection with the Pullen families of Fort Rixon.
Cecil Pullen had 10 children and died in 1928.
John Wallace Pullen had one son named Adam. Does anyone have information on Adam and his father.

It is also said that Mary Maria Pullen (nee Phillips) travelled by laager to Rhodesia via the Mangwe in 1896. Information given by her grand daughter Mrs Ruby Ketteringham recorded in "Rhodesia's Pioneer Women".
Mary Maria was accompanied by her daughter Lillian Lucy Pullen Chalmers the mother of Mrs Ketteringham and wife of James Alfred Chalmers.
Mary Maria Pullen nee Phillips died in Rhodesia or South Africa in 1916.

I am hoping someone can give me information on the family above and John Wallace Pullen and his son Adam..
I look forward for information on the Mangwe Trek, information on the list of people in the Mangwe Trek, where is Mangwe.

I will be truely grateful for any information on this family.
Your Sicerely
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
yvonnesiggery 8 Apr 2002 11:25PM GMT 
faithpullen 6 Feb 2013 12:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic