Search for content in message boards

HENRIETTA MARIA McNALLY (nee OLIVER or, perhaps OLIVIER)

Replies: 5

HENRIETTA MARIA McNALLY (nee OLIVER or, perhaps OLIVIER)

Nick McNally (View posts)
Posted: 29 Feb 2004 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Further to my messages of 6 Jul and 30 Dec 2003 and with thanks to the Rev Gareth Parkes (who, I think, is the webmaster for this message board), I have received additional information that might help me to track down my father's ancestors in South Africa. My Grandmother's maiden name may have been OLIVIER (not Oliver) and may have been "Anglicised" to make her marriage "more acceptable" so soon after the end of the Boer War.

It has also been suggested to me by another family member that the oldest one of my Uncles, either James (Jim), Joseph (Joe) or Richard (Dick) may have been born in SA before my grandparents returned to the UK some time between 1902 and 1914. I do not know who was the oldest and the whereabouts of their offspring are not known. I have searched every online ships' Passenger List, all the Birth and Marriage Records and other possible sources of online information but cannot find anything about my Grandmother (or Grandfather).
Any clues, hints, anyone, please.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nick McNally 29 Feb 2004 10:27PM GMT 
Gareth Parkes 3 Mar 2004 9:03AM GMT 
vbcronje 29 Aug 2010 1:16PM GMT 
nickmcnally1 8 Oct 2010 3:42PM GMT 
elizabeth_caw... 4 Jan 2013 2:43PM GMT 
elizabeth_caw... 4 Jan 2013 2:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions