Search for content in message boards

Damurjian - Boyajian, Boyadjian (Diyarbaker, Armenia...France...USA) See 3 attachments, want information and connections

Replies: 1

Damurjian - Boyajian, Boyadjian (Diyarbaker, Armenia...France...USA) See 3 attachments, want information and connections

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jan 2013 8:59AM GMT
Surnames: Boyadjian, Boyajian, Damurjian, Demurjian, Krikor, Prapion, Ohannes, Ari
Seeking any information on my ancestor's that originated from Diyarbaker, Armenia, Turkey (possibly). Many rumors swirl that they fled (4 died ) during the Genocide and were under protection from the French Consulate ? I am not sure if they left from LaHavre or ports of other countries once they got to France. Actually, I am not totally sure of the French Consulate information but I can only go on what has been told to family members.

I have pictures and names, marriage cert and death cert that take me back to my great great grands IN Diyarbaker possibly around 1899?

The names you will see in the family picture in Armenia are the names I am seeking information on and their branches/friends etc. In addition, we have heard that other names attached to our family are Krikor, Prapion, Ohannes, Ari, and more that I cannot think of right now.It appears that many did change their names when arriving to the US either to make their names stand out less or to keep hidden from the Turkey.

If you have any information from Armenia-Turkey, documents, advice in where to continue to search, etc. (since I am not sure all made it during the horrendous genocide), I would be forever grateful. I am very nervous to hear of the constant and continued destruction of the documents from Amernia (genocide evidence). I hope that I can get something, anything before the wretched individuals destroying these documents finish their task.

Thank you so much,

Holly

Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hollybranniga... 9 Jun 2012 11:31PM GMT 
hollybranniga... 31 Dec 2012 3:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions