Search for content in message boards

Chorebanian, Menzigian, Giragosian, Mooradian, Oulibegian, Marderosian, Boyjian, Manzigian (Kharpert Region Turkey)

Replies: 6

Chorebanian, Menzigian, Giragosian, Mooradian, Oulibegian, Marderosian, Boyjian, Manzigian (Kharpert Region Turkey)

Posted: 5 Nov 2003 11:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2011 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: Chorebanian, Menzigian, Giragosian, Mooradian, Oulibegian, Marderosian, Boyjian, Manzigian
I am working on the family history for my father's family, al of whom were from the Kharpert Region of Turkey. The villiage that his father's Menzigian family came from was Khoilou in Kharpert. I have been able to piece togehter several geenrations back on the Menzigian family to possibly the early 1800's. The Menzigian's were of Protestant faith. My grandfather was Kachadoor, he had several brothers and sisters (Harouten - Harry, Massadoor, Hiaganoush - Helen, two other sisters that died very young) his father was Garabed Menzigian and mother Joohar Mooradian. Garabed's parents were Menzig Menzigian and Yeghnar Oulibegian. Menzig's father was another Garabed. My Great grandfather Garabed (son of Menzig) had a brother Hovaness - John and sister Martha. We know that john travelled frequently back and forth to Providence RI since about 1890. We do not haveinfomration on how Garabed or Kachadoor entered the US, I am looking for sources on this. I do know it was not Ellis Island. I do not have much information about Joohar's fmaily only a few bits and pieces based on people we are related to but have not been able to make the exact connections. She was from the same village as the Menzigian's. John's wife was also from Khoilou and her first name is Youghaper her last name may have been Serkissian (John had a Serkissian listed as a brother-in-law on one trip to the US). John spelled his name Manzigian. My grandmother's family was from Kharpert, I am not sure of the exact village. I have a lot of details about her mother's side of the family, but I have nothing on her Father Giragos Giragosian. I am also looking for any information on Giragos. Is there any place where one can find civil or church records from this area?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donnamariemor... 6 Nov 2003 6:03AM GMT 
jmenzigian 3 Apr 2010 3:16AM GMT 
eem92761 16 Oct 2011 10:45PM GMT 
hollybranniga... 9 Jun 2012 11:50PM GMT 
donnamariemor... 11 Jun 2012 1:02AM GMT 
hollybranniga... 18 Jan 2013 5:31AM GMT 
hagopdmouradi... 23 Mar 2014 8:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions