Search for content in message boards

Ting Sing Hok to Hoke

Replies: 0

Ting Sing Hok to Hoke

Posted: 27 May 2004 5:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ting Sing Hok to Ting Sing Hoke
My name is Jennifer, for many years, my family and I wonder about out great great grandfather's genealogical roots.
You see our great great grandfather immigrated to Hawaii in 1860, his name at the time of entry was Ting Sing Hok.
Later as time passed his name was changed from Hok with an added "e" at the end, making it Hoke.
During all this time our g-g-g grandfather did met our g-g-g grandmother Kahula Kaapan. Later they did marry and had offspring. Together they had nine children of the nine children only seven survived.
The names of these offspring are:
Charles Hoke
Katarina Ting Sing Hoke
Kaapana Ting Sing Hoke
Keolewa Ting Sing Hoke
Kinoua Katarina Ting Sing Hoke
Ana Lupua Ting Sing Hoke
Edward Joseph Kumukahili Ting Sing Hoke

I am one of the many descendants from Charles Hoke.

A hard area about our g-g-g grandfather had been when he passed no one knew how he wrote his name.
We only know that his name was changed from Hok to Hoke to make it more westernized.
Since we his descendants don't know how our g-g-g grandfather wrote his name, we can't research past him.
We do know that at the time of burial, our g-g-g grandfather died as Ting Sing Hok. Should anyone have any relation or have any helpful information please contact me.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions