Search for content in message boards

Arthur Chalres Clark(e) in Army in India

Replies: 4

Arthur Chalres Clark(e) in Army in India

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 8:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, not sure if anyone can help with this one please. Arthur Charles Clark(e) was in the Army posted to India somewhen after 1864. I have his Army records. He marries a Catherine Rogers in 1881 in India. I have these details and details of some of the children born there.

Now Arthur Charles when he marries Catherine is a widower. There are I believe three children born before 1881. One of them being the chap below, Arthur John Clarke. The other two are Emma born 1879 and Annie born 1878.

You will see from the information provided below that Arthur John's mother was named Annie as is Emma's. Am not too sure about Annie as I have not seen any information saying her mother was Annie but probably too much of coincidence not to be. Anyhow Annie Snr dies a few days after Arthur John is born and then, as above, Arthur Charles marries Catherine. I have details of all the children born to their marriage.

Am wondering please if anyone can find the marriage of Arthu Charles and Annie please. I believe Arthur went to India somewhen after 1869. I have tried to navigate the India-EAsy site on Family Search but unfortunately I don't have much luck with it. Most of the details that have been provided to me are through some GR members. Am just stumped on Arthur and Annie's marriage and perhaps if there is a record of Annie Jnr's birth please.

Below is just for reference to show that the mother's name was Annie. I have looked to see if Arthur Charles married before he left England but have not found anything. He was just over 18yrs old when he joined the Army in England.

name: Arthur John Clarke
baptism/christening date: 30 Dec 1880
baptism/christening place: Dagshai, Bengal, India
birth date: 20 Dec 1880
birthplace:
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Arthur Clarke
father's birthplace:
father's age:
mother's name: Annie