Search for content in message boards

looking for my brother

Replies: 0

looking for my brother

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gee
Hello i am looking for my brother, although he may not know he has any sisters, and i really don't have much to go on. My dad was in the British Army stationed in Japan end of WW2. My dad mentioned a few places he was in while in Japan but I suspect it was in Asakura where he met a school teacher who had either 2 or 3 children already. My dad mentioned that the mother of his son didn't want any support finacially from him and when he was stationed in Korea he spent his R & R in Japan and saw his son although the son didn't know who my dad was. My dad said he had blonde hair and the boy was around 4 years old when he last saw him. We only found this out after my mum died (she knew) but dad would not tell us his or her name, and it is hard knowing you have a brother and don't know who or where he is. So I surpose i'm asking where can I start to look for him.
Here is a snippet from my dads journal in which he mentions places he was in, in Japan
After the voyage of about five weeks we docked at Kure Japan. At Kure we boarded a train for our destination Izumo - Imachi. We spent two weeks here before
travelling to our next destination. We were stationed in Kyoto, a very beautiful city with a
magnificent castle. We also went to Hamada where they have a huge statue of Buddha that you
can go inside. Our duties took us to other places that I cannot now remember. We left the main
Island of Honshu to go to Island of Shikoku.
We were stationed at the city of Noichi, (On Honshu we were stationed just outside Hiroshima ) The Battalion had its headquarters in Noichi but had detachments at various locations. I was with
one of these detachments in a small town of Asakura, I was attached to Brigade HQ with the army
Kinema unit.
Is there any other sites? Thanks for any help and or ideas

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions