Mukai/Oda, Mukai/Yamaoka, Tada/Kakesako, Kakesako/Itoh

Replies: 0

Mukai/Oda, Mukai/Yamaoka, Tada/Kakesako, Kakesako/Itoh

Posted: 7 Sep 2013 10:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Sep 2013 9:13AM GMT
Surnames: Mukai, Oda, Yamaoka, Tada, Kakesako, Itoh
Mukai/Oda
Looking for descendants of Eitaro Mukai & Masu Oda (married about 1898 Japan) that remained in Hiroshima and/or Miyajima, Japan. I know for certain they had 1 son, Masato Mukai (my great grandfather), born & died Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii. Found 1913 passenger manifest with himself (Masato Mukai), his mother (Masu ODA Mukai), and three (3) female siblings (Sasayo Mukai, Yachiyo Mukai, and Shizue Mukai). I am looking to locate where Eitaro & Masu are interred as they both died in Japan. I am also looking for the three female siblings (now deceased) and any of their descendants. Eitaro was born 7 May 1879 in Otake-machi, Hiroshima-ken, Japan, to Jisaku Mukai and Shino Yamaoka; he died 14 Feb 1965 (location unknown) Japan. Masu (Oda) Mukai was born about December 1878 (location unknown), Japan to unknown parents; she died after her 1913 departure from Hawaii but prior to my great grandfather's return to Hawaii in 1919, the location of her death is unknown as is the date.

Mukai/Yamaoka
Looking for descendants of Jisaku Mukai and Shino Yamaoka; dates of birth, dates of death, and places of both are unknown to me. It is known that they had at least two sons, Eitaro Mukai (wife Masu Oda) and Heimatsu Mukai (wife Kinu - maiden name unknown). Eitaro's information is listed in above paragraph. Heimatsu Mukai was born 5 Mar 1885, location unknown, and he died 18 Nov 1956 in Japan; his ashes were brought back to Kauai, Hawaii. I am looking for information regarding Jisaku & Shino's other children and information on both of their parents.

Tada/Kakesako
Looking for descendants of Hatsujiru Tada and Hatsuno Kakesako that can help me fill in missing information regarding their children and further descendants. It is known that they had eleven (11) children (Kaichi, Niichi, Masato, Kikuyo, Tomeyo, Otome, Hanayo [my great grandmother], Takeo, Yoshino, Kinuyo, and Susumu). Hatsujiru Tada was born about Oct 1854 in Yamaguchi gun, Hiroshima-ken, Japan and died 25 Dec 1935 in Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii; I am looking for information about his parents and siblings. Hatsuno Kakesako was born about Mar 1869 in Yamaguchi gun, Hiroshima-ken, Japan and died 2 Jan 1944 in Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii; her parents were Tamezo Kakesako and Matsuno Itoh.

Kakesako/Itoh
Looking for information on Tamezo Kakesako and Matsuno Itoh. It is known they had about nine (9) children, including Hatsuno Kakesako mentioned in the preceding paragraph. I am looking for information on all children [Hatsuno (married Hatsujiru Tada), Hanayo (married Sakataro Hiramoto), unknown named third daughter (possibly married unknown named Taketa), unknown named fourth daughter, Kikutaro (married Sadano Itoh), Tohsaku (married Seki Kobayashi), Yuichi (married Hanayo Nitta), Kuichi (married Sekiyo Shakuden and Shigeno Nakano), Juichi (married Hanayo last name unknown)], their descendants, as well as information about both sets of their parents. Tamezo's date of birth is unknown as is the location in Japan; date of death was 12 Dec 1912 but the location in Japan is unknown. Matsuno's date of birth was 10 Mar 1850 and date of death was 16 Sept 1920; the exact location of either event in Japan is unknown.

I also have questions about our family mon, passed matrilineally, that is a variant of the Ageha-cho mon - curious to know of anyone else with this mon or anyone else with photos, known variations, etc. Looking to make contact with any and all relatives stateside and in Japan. Also looking for someone that lives in Japan that could offer assistance with koseki information and locating any possible surviving relatives and burial locations. I cannot read, write, or speak any Japanese outside of preschool level conversation (sad, but true) and am 1/4 Japanese; I am not familiar with how record acquisition operates in Japan, and the procedures for the same, but I was told anyone under 1/2 Japanese could not obtain records because they are considered too far removed - does anyone know how true this statement is?

Thanks in advance for any help and assistance.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions