Search for content in message boards

horelick/gorelick family from minsk

Replies: 31

Re: horelick/gorelick family from minsk

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Josh and Greetings! What I do know is that my great-grandfather Andrew Horelick/Gorelick came from Minsk in BelaRus he had married Paraskevich (Cherakas)there before coming to the USA and first settled in Bridgeport CT to work in a gun factory. Andrew and Paraska had seven children in total all of whom stayed in Norwich, CT. They arrived in Ellis Island just around 1900 or so as all their children were born here in CT shortly after the turn of the last century. What I do know is that they were of the Russian Orthodox Christian faith. All their children stayed in CT except John Horelick who lived in Oklahoma, he had no biological children but I believe two adopted ones. He died in the 1970's. I did get a post about a year ago from a woman who's last name was Golub, she stated that her relatives also had the same last name, she was from a Jewish commune Kibbutz somewhere in Jerusalem or something. My relatives were of all small stature and were not big people, and all were christians. I assume from your post that you may be Jewish, which is cool I have some on my mother's side myself....not sure how we may be related. A second cousin named: Devon Phillips devonp1992@yahoo.com has done LeVarge family tree on Ancestry.com which outlines some of the Horelick family back to Andrew and Paraska. You may contact her to see if she knows any more. Good Luck in your search, it will be tough to get documentation of the origin of the family prior to the Soviet regime. What I do know is that there were still some Gorelick cousins still living in Minsk when a great aunt went to visit there back in the 1980's. Sincerely, Darien Chalecki
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jwortzel 16 Jul 2009 1:10AM GMT 
Jwortzel 16 Jul 2009 3:02PM GMT 
darienchal 16 Jul 2009 11:25PM GMT 
evieshep 17 Jul 2009 8:50AM GMT 
Jwortzel 17 Sep 2013 6:58PM GMT 
toby1434 18 Sep 2013 12:00AM GMT 
devonp1992 21 Sep 2013 2:27AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 21 Sep 2013 1:09PM GMT 
devonp1992 21 Sep 2013 2:30PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 21 Sep 2013 2:33PM GMT 
per page