Search for content in message boards

Dutch Burgher Vander Slot

Replies: 2

Dutch Burgher Vander Slot

Posted: 2 Aug 2011 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vander Slot, Danker, Oliveiro
I am trying to research ancestors who came from Ceylon with the surname vander slot - they moved from Ceylon in the early 20th century - possibly the 20s though could have been as early as 1915? - they went to Kuching, Sarawak and then later to Singapore. My grandmother was among the children of the family - her name was Myra - the others were Cyntia, Lawson, Sunny(boy), Frieda and Mary (Minnie). I do not recall the names of their parents but know the surname of my great grandmother was Danker. My great grandfather was a draughtsman and in Kuching worked for the Raja Brooke making plans for the Astana. I would like to know more about their life in Sri Lanka (or Kuching) and if I have any relatives left there. I was born in Sydney Australia and am now residing in Auckland. Any help appreciated. Don't have many records since moving so often and then the war in Singapore. Didn't really know my grandmother very well unfortunately. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pavane_olivei... 3 Aug 2011 2:57AM GMT 
georginacurti... 4 Oct 2012 10:51AM GMT 
pavane_olivei... 10 Oct 2012 2:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions