Search for content in message boards

Hay/Powell

Replies: 2

Hay/Powell

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hay, Powell
Hello all,

I'm searching for any information on the following people, William Johnston Hay who married Mary Powell 1/1/1865 in nuwara eliya, they had quite a few children William Alexander Hay who ended up in Kuala Lumpur was a famous hunter over there, represented the Burgher community, was a freemason and was one of 5 who represented the Malay states at the coronation of King George V, another son Robert Edwin Hay who came out to Australia and became a police officer, one of his daughters Mary Margaret Aliquot Hay married a James Stewart de Saram, another son Dr George Powell Hay who was Mayor of Kandy for a while, represented the Burgher community, set up many medical practices, had a quite a few children himself, also he was a medical officer on the German ss valdivia expedition ship, was also known as a French and German scholar, went to Ceylon medical school, then to Edinburgh, then to the Royal institute of medical college London. 2 daughters Nora etheline Hay and Nellie constance Hay. What I'm after is information about the parents, one of them was clearly Burgher as all sons were considered Burghers, I don't think it was Mary Powell though as she was considered an industrious Englishwoman. So if anyone can help out please let me know.

Kind regards,
Lucas
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lucashen 10 May 2013 6:29AM GMT 
laura_foenand... 13 May 2013 11:01AM GMT 
lucashen 13 May 2013 11:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic