Search for content in message boards

Jackson, Lee, Doyle, Harris, Rogers in the Black Country

Replies: 0

Jackson, Lee, Doyle, Harris, Rogers in the Black Country

Sylvia Ashton (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2005 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jackson, Lee, Doyle, Harris, Rogers, Brinkworth
I'm looking for information on all of the above names in the Black Country.

The Jacksons originate from Joseph and Phoebe from Old Swinford Worcestershire in the early 1800s. They moved later to West Bromwich/Wednesbury. Isaiah, Joseph's grandson and my
gr grandfather married an Emily Doyle. I have been told that her family came from County Cork, Ireland and worked at the Patent Shaft Steel Works in Wednesbury.

The Lees were Thomas and Elizabeth ( nee Turner) who lived in Wednesbury. They had 11 children between 1867 and 1888. One, Annie, was my maternal grandmother. I know nothing of 6 of them and would love to find their descendants. Their names were Thomas, Joseph, Arthur, Samuel, Elizabeth and Albert. I know Elizabeth jr had around 13 children and one of her brothers emigrated to Australia. I also know the family kept the Forge Arms for a while and after her husband died Elizabeth married a William White.

The Harrises were John, born around 1838 and his wife Catherine from Wolverhampton. They had 6 children one of whom is my paternal grandmother. John may be descended from a John Hanine from the Isle of Man. If so I have no idea why the name was changed.

Marion Rogers born 1855 was my gr grandmother and was from Wolverhampton.She married Thomas Brinkworth and they kept the Lamp Tavern.

Any information would be welcome.

Sylvia

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions