Search for content in message boards

1851 Census Lookup please in WATERBEACH

Replies: 3

Re: 1851 Census Lookup please in WATERBEACH

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 7:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Purkis, Rivenhall, Burling
I am struggling with a brick wall in my own research at the moment and trying to “look outside the box” for clues and this might be one of those "outside of the box" clues. Basicailly, I’m wondering if you know the parents names of the Mary (Purkis?).

What I have in my tree:
I have a William Purkis who married a Mary Rivenhall in Essex in 1792.
They had two children that I can find, a Sarah Purkis b 1794 and a John Purkis b 1811.
I feel that there must be more children in between, I just haven’t found them yet.
I found a Tree Record on Ancestry for a Mary Purkis who married a John Burling and her parents were listed as William Purkis and Mary Rivenhall. As these parents were the same as the ones I have, I wondered whether this Mary might be one of the missing children that I hadn’t found yet. However, when I went to access the tree to see what other information they had, the tree had been removed and there wasn’t a way to contact the author of the tree. So instead I am now trying to find a record of a marriage between a John Burling and a Mary Purkis and I happened to see your equiry in the forums so I thought I’d write to see to see if your John Burling is the one that married Mary Purkis and if so whether you have any record that has her parents name on it taht might help me work out if this Mary is one of the missing children from my tree.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
David Taylor 1 Jan 2006 10:44PM GMT 
102006 2 Jan 2006 5:02AM GMT 
David Taylor 2 Jan 2006 7:57AM GMT 
Purplekiss 20 Feb 2013 2:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic