Search for content in message boards

FULBOURN research

Replies: 7

Richard CLARKE and the HANCOCK, HART, MASON, PATTEN families of Fulbourn

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 6:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Deb:

I can't tell you how excited I was to see your post and the two photographs this morning. In one fell swoop (as Shakespeare coined it) you have given me precious photographs, and renewed hope that more can be achieved. It is so kind of you.

I have written so much, for so long, at so many websites, that if one "googles" Richard CLARKE of Fulbourn, all the research, the good leads and the bad, are there for all to see. :-) In 1979, I did not have the luxury of the internet, and so writing to the UK and getting a response was tedious, to say the least. "Is it raining?" (then about 12-16 weeks later) ... "No". and on and on. :-)

The mystery is the christening of Richard Clarke. I fully expect that even if we find it, it will be like younger brother Alfred's, with 'Father: Blank'. But strong clues may very well arise from where we find it. As far as I have seen it, all of the Clarke and Hancock families had a strong enough connection to the church that their BDMs are all to be found - usually at St Vigors/All Saints. Even Eliza's illegitimate son, Alfred. So where is Richard? I'm wondering if Eliza was with other family at that time (or sent away) as she was 20 going on 21 when pregnant. Perhaps she was over at the Wilbrahams (Little or Great) as that is where (I think but can't prove) Eliza's father William came from. Eliza was one of two girls in the family and seven years senior to her sister.

What a mystery. Somewhere, there is a christening, I'm sure of it. :-)

I will contact you off the board. You are a straw worth clutching. LOL

Thank you, again, for your kindness.

Colin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Colin Clarke 9 Mar 2012 2:22PM GMT 
Lindyloo1702 7 Aug 2013 9:18PM GMT 
Colin Clarke 10 Aug 2013 11:56AM GMT 
Colin Clarke 11 Aug 2013 2:23PM GMT 
Colin Clarke 11 Aug 2013 2:25PM GMT 
ArmisAngelis 13 Aug 2013 11:43PM GMT 
ArmisAngelis 13 Aug 2013 11:47PM GMT 
Colin Clarke 14 Aug 2013 12:27PM GMT