Search for content in message boards

mary hardy

Replies: 5

Re: mary hardy

Posted: 9 May 2013 5:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello David, The family you mention on the 41 is the same family I was talking about. The Rebecca is an older sister of Mary Hardy, believed to be born before the mother married. Rebecca in the workhouse is believed to be with the grandmother. The Rowland marriage and migration is the family we are researching in Aust. Your are correct in that IGI info from subscribers can be error ridden and some trees are fanciful. A descendant of Rebecca is in regular contact with me and has done a lot of work on his line of the family here in Aust. 'My' Mary, had several chn and her husband died aged 41 while the youngest child was still under one. For years I searched for her, thinking she would remarry, or died and could not find her as I did not know her parents names. They do not appear on her marriage cert here in Aust. I have records for other Mary Sayles her married name here, but they are not her. However, recently I found her remarriage under an odd variant spelling of her first married name... and that certificate gives her parents, given by her, at the time of remarriage, as John Hardy and Elizabeth and her birth place as, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. She has also given her birth place as that, on some of her children's birth entries. As you see if do have certificates and am now trying to establish a birth place for her , that has documentary evidence, hence the Cambridge birth entry request.
The now, in Aust, Rowland girls all lived in the Warwick area, in Qld and married in that area, a few to a band of 'assigned convicts' who where on the same farms as they were.
Glenda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
aggienoof 29 Apr 2013 10:02AM GMT 
carobradford 29 Apr 2013 11:35AM GMT 
aggienoof 29 Apr 2013 11:25PM GMT 
david11000 2 May 2013 6:06AM GMT 
david11000 2 May 2013 7:35AM GMT 
aggienoof 9 May 2013 11:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions