Search for content in message boards

Daniel VIVERS m Sarah COXE Avening 1795

Replies: 6

Re: Daniel VIVERS m Sarah COXE Avening 1795

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 3:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, you're right about the spelling variations, some of the ones I've come across in original records in Banbury are barely recognisable as Vivers. The alternative ones have mostly been along the Vyvers/Vivars route though.

Yes I have copies of all the wills from the Shrewsbury/Bristol Vivers but there is a time gap between them and this particular Daniel which I haven't been able to fill.

There are big families of Vivers (in all the spelling variations) in Scotland and Yorkshire and several little pockets of them later od in other parts of the country. The Scottish and Yorkshire families are no connection at all unless it is pre 1550 which is of course always possible. It is the other little groups I am looking at in turn to see if I can trace any of them back to "my" lot in Banbury. I've eliminated a branch in Lincolnshire which looked promising because they eventually traced back to a Scottish ancestor in the 1600s.

Still, I'll just keep casting around and stay hopeful, I'd love to tie up as many loose ends as possible.

Oh, I should have said, I haven't seen the actual register of Daniel's marriage - there isn't an image online, at least, not on Ancestry or the opc website, maybe Find My Past have it.

Hilary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hilarygunn 28 Oct 2012 3:13PM GMT 
sonia1864 2 Nov 2012 2:16PM GMT 
sonia1864 2 Nov 2012 2:38PM GMT 
sonia1864 2 Nov 2012 2:47PM GMT 
hilarygunn 6 Nov 2012 7:23PM GMT 
sonia1864 7 Nov 2012 10:54PM GMT 
hilarygunn 8 Nov 2012 10:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic