Search for content in message boards

MANNING & Location of Bettreds (Kent)

Replies: 5

Re: Location of Bettreds (Kent)

Posted: 28 Sep 2006 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello -- you wrote this query some years ago (before I became admin of this Board) but I just came across it and thought I would reply anyway.

As far as I can determine, there is/was no location called Bettreds in Kent or elsewhere in England. It's possibly a mis-spelling of another name/location. For example, I found no mention at all of any Bettreds on the GENUKI website (UK & Ireland Genealogy) here http://www.genuki.org.uk .

However, a Google search did turn up about ten mentions of Bettreds on various websites (including some comments that it's a castle). But they all seem to be a repetition of the same details you have posted here, ie. I think it's a case of the same erroneous info/spelling being shared by various researchers and posted in various places.

Having said all that, though, I could be wrong. I suggest that you post a query on the Kent-ENG mailing list. It has hundreds of subscribers, many of whom are very knowledgeable about Kent history & geography. Maybe someone there can provide an answer. If you need info about finding that mailing list, let me know. Regards, Andrea (Kent Board admin)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gary manning 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Brenda Smith [nee Manning] 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
flalaw251 2 Aug 2003 2:41AM GMT 
bufflestumper 29 Sep 2006 12:24AM GMT 
lynng83 5 Mar 2013 1:17PM GMT 
dlwartell 1 Jul 2013 4:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions