Search for content in message boards

Bell (Ireland to England) and Martin (Kent) families?

Replies: 67

Re: Bell (Ireland to England) and Martin (Kent) families?

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Re: Bell (Ireland to England) and Martin (Kent) families?
Thanks for the offer of lookup Mary. Anything you find will be gladly accepted.

Now I don't remember anyone talking about the Lusitania.

Working from the bottom up here lol.

Violet Ada Grace died in the fifties 57-58 around there. I remember it so vividly. She'd been ill and we were staying there...22 Carton Close Rochester. We lived at 47 Carton Close. Mum woke me up and told me, I can still remember how I felt. She was at the time my soul mate. I was 9 or 10 and sent off to Peggy Naylor (Bell) for the day. They lived on the same estate at 24 Barnaby Terrace Rochester. (Dickens Estate) It was the week before my birthday November 9th -22nd.

Jessie and Dick came to our wedding. We took Chris up there several times. It's going to be in 70s. Sorry excuse the rambling. Gwen might know that.

Gwen and Daphne belong to Jessie and both married GI's. Came over after the war. Gwen lives in Florida and is a widow. Daphne lives in I think South Dakota and is still married.

Reginald’s son John Bell came to the States in the 60s. He married Glynis and they came straight out of college. They were both research scientists in Boston area. Gynis didn't want children so John divorced her and married Jane. They had 2 children Amy and John Bell. I've just got their email addresses from Andy Bell.

Jane died she had a brain tumor but don't know if that's what she died of. John met someone else, have to ask Andy. They married and went back to UK.

Muriel always in my memory seemed to be used as a joke. (Although there were real Muriels out there too)Just a name people used when they didn't know the real name. So maybe Sarah was called Muriel to stop any confusion. I'll have to ask Mary Bell if she remembers Muriels' other names.

I hope you can find something worth chewing on here.

Margaret

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
margaretcoley... 24 Jun 2009 6:22PM GMT 
marymog 25 Jun 2009 8:20AM GMT 
margaretcoley... 25 Jun 2009 7:15PM GMT 
marymog 26 Jun 2009 12:04AM GMT 
Linda Metzger 2 Jun 2009 7:41PM GMT 
margaretcoley... 4 Jun 2009 7:05PM GMT 
gerdyable1 25 Nov 2012 4:25PM GMT 
PaulaWatsonAT... 25 Nov 2012 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions