Search for content in message boards

Bell (Ireland to England) and Martin (Kent) families?

Replies: 67

Re: Bell (Ireland to England) and Martin (Kent) families?

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Margaret

I can find no trace of a Muriel Bell, unless they called Sarah Ann "Muriel", so as not to confuse names with her mother. Also cant find any Bell-Docherty/Doherty marriages with a Sarah or Muriel. Sarah has been elluding me for years. Cant find what happened to her at all. I know Alice Mary was a Salvation Army Captain and was sent to Buntingford in Hertfordshire, so if Sarah Ann went along the same line, she could have ended up anywhere, and with her name (so many Bell girls called Sarah) unless a Grandchild shows up, then she is lost in the mists of time**.

**Unless you can glean a clue from the lady that is moving house.

In 1982 I corresponded with a Great Uncle of 87 yrs old(on my Mums side) and he told me all about the family. With a name like Perry I wouldnt have stood a chance to find them all without his memories. The last Bell ** of your line(WGF) can tell you so much, as no other person can.

What happened to your Violet and Jessie, If you can give me an idea I will try to find their deaths (if in GB that is) and how come half of the WGF children have family in America.?

I have one more mystery to solve, I always remember my mother telling me about (of course I was young and didnt listen) one member of the family that went down on the Lusitania...I was wondering if that was on the Bell side??

My Perrys are all present and correct, so as far as I know it wasnt a Perry.

If you want any look ups done for your ancestors, I have GB subscription, and can help.

Mary

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
margaretcoley... 24 Jun 2009 6:22PM GMT 
marymog 25 Jun 2009 8:20AM GMT 
margaretcoley... 25 Jun 2009 7:15PM GMT 
marymog 26 Jun 2009 12:04AM GMT 
Linda Metzger 2 Jun 2009 7:41PM GMT 
margaretcoley... 4 Jun 2009 7:05PM GMT 
gerdyable1 25 Nov 2012 4:25PM GMT 
PaulaWatsonAT... 25 Nov 2012 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic